Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
1st String
1st String
T
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They must love Buster Skrine opposite Haden.

we could have had milliner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who the hell is gonna start!?!?!?!?!?! what if haden gets hurt?!?!?!?!?!?!? your gonna run a bunch of nickle backs out there?!?!?!?!? JOE BANNER SUCKS!

We have other picks in the draft. Take a deep breath in, take a deep breath out....

Maybe I'm wrong, but I saw the Bears make it to the Super Bowl with a crazy strong Front-7 and average corners. If you can put pressure on the QB, the CBs can look amazing. It's usually not the other way around.

EXACTLY! Besides, I would think that Haden should be improved with another year experience under his belt.

Legend
Legend
What number is our next pick???

Tulsa #779504 04/25/13 09:13 PM
W
Rookie
Rookie
W
Obviously Milliner had huge medical problems....this is a good pick. Can you imagine how hard we can attack the QB position now?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Sometime in Rd 3. tomorrow night.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

slick #779506 04/25/13 09:13 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

yeah other picks?!?!?! in the third damn round!!! what will you get there??? another nickle back?!?!?! gimmie a break........

So, according to you, the Browns should just not bother making any selections the rest of the draft because they'll all stink.

Come on man, we needed a pass rusher and a CB. We couldn't fill both needs with one pick. I'm sure they tried trading down but nobody offered a deal worthy of the #6 selection.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They must love Buster Skrine opposite Haden.

we could have had milliner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who the hell is gonna start!?!?!?!?!?! what if haden gets hurt?!?!?!?!?!?!? your gonna run a bunch of nickle backs out there?!?!?!?!? JOE BANNER SUCKS!

We have other picks in the draft. Take a deep breath in, take a deep breath out....

Maybe I'm wrong, but I saw the Bears make it to the Super Bowl with a crazy strong Front-7 and average corners. If you can put pressure on the QB, the CBs can look amazing. It's usually not the other way around.

EXACTLY! Besides, I would think that Haden should be improved with another year experience under his belt.

it doesnt matter how good haden is next year....YOU GUYS ARE NOT REALIZING WE HAVE NOONE ON THE TEAM THAT IS CAPABLE OF STARTING OPPOSITE OF HIM!

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

#68 - 3rd round

S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

yeah other picks?!?!?! in the third damn round!!! what will you get there??? another nickle back?!?!?! gimmie a break........

So, according to you, the Browns should just not bother making any selections the rest of the draft because they'll all stink.

Come on man, we needed a pass rusher and a CB. We couldn't fill both needs with one pick. I'm sure they tried trading down but nobody offered a deal worthy of the #6 selection.

Bro....listen to me.....yes we need pass rushers but we have sheard....opposite of joe haden WE HAVE NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you had to take a corner!!!!!!!

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #779510 04/25/13 09:16 PM
Legend
Legend
Yeah, but how do you feel about us taking Mingo instead of Milliner?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
slick #779511 04/25/13 09:17 PM
Legend
Legend
The Jets have to be ticked off that there is no elite pass rusher here ..... and that Austin is gone.

Maybe Sharif Floyd?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Sometime in Rd 3. tomorrow night.

Thanks & hot damn. Then the parties over for me till then.

slick #779513 04/25/13 09:17 PM
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he only had 4 sacks last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell is wrong with banner~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! idiot!

He was doubled last year, he had 8 as a sophomore.

He can rush the passer and this league is driven by getting to the QB now, it's a good pick.

so what he was doubled?!??! the top elite lb's in the nfl get doubled all the time......

He's not that big right now, as he gets in an NFL strength training program you don't think that's going to benefit him?

Legend
Legend
Figured they'd go Milliner after losing Revis.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
let me ask a question because I'm not very smart...

Who is a better prospect with more upside: Wimbley or Mingo?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Milliner goes to the Jets.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
John Gruden loves _everybody_.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
That worked out well for the Jets.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
slick #779519 04/25/13 09:19 PM
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
I am assuming you wanted Miliner ? You do realize that he has had 5 yes 5 surguries including one on each shoulder right ? You would drop millions on this kind of track record ?

S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he only had 4 sacks last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell is wrong with banner~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! idiot!

He can rush the passer and this league is driven by getting to the QB now, it's a good pick.

so what he was doubled?!??! the top elite lb's in the nfl get doubled all the time......

He's not that big right now, as he gets in an NFL strength training program you don't think that's going to benefit him?

we are making excuses for this kid already?!??!?1 wow

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just clicking.

Was in the car bringing my son home from practice when they announced Oakland traded down. My heart stopped beating. Thought we moved up for Geno. Was so relieved it was Miami. My son asked if I almost went #1 or #2 in my pants. I said "both" and he asked if that would be #3.

As was said, obviously concerns with Milliner.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
IRE 45 #779522 04/25/13 09:21 PM
S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

I am assuming you wanted Miliner ? You do realize that he has had 5 yes 5 surguries including one on each shoulder right ? You would drop millions on this kind of track record ?

i would have been ok with over drafting and taking rhodes or trufant at 6....we needed a starting caliber corner.....

slick #779523 04/25/13 09:23 PM
Legend
Legend
We'll find a CB later in the draft.

It's obvious that this team sees pass rushers as the most vital piece of the defense.

It's hard to argue that, given the times that we saw opposing QBs stand back and survey the field without any concern for the pass rush.

slick #779524 04/25/13 09:26 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

...opposite of joe haden WE HAVE NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you had to take a corner!!!!!!!

As I mentioned in the Mingo thread, paying both a No. 6 AND a No. 7 overall CB's is one hell of a lot of money for those 2 guys. It would be a frivolous luxury to have two top 10 picks at CB. One of them will have to go sooner than any of us would want.

We can get a CB in a later round who can start this season while we ride what we have.

You can't fix everything in one off season. Cliche I know, but it's true nonetheless.

#gmstrong
slick #779525 04/25/13 09:27 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

...opposite of joe haden WE HAVE NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you had to take a corner!!!!!!!

No, we didn't. If the FO was scared of the injury red flags of Millner, they made the right decision to bypass him. You can't draft for need in this league. There are other picks coming and we could still move back into the 2nd round (or get another 3rd or 4th).

You can find servicable CBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Relax.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
slick #779526 04/25/13 09:27 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Stupid picks like these are why teams like the Browns are a doormat

yep........idiots..................we have a massive....and i mean massive hole at cornerback.....

They didn't draft for need. They took the BPA. I'm more than ok with that. Plus I like Mingo a lot. Maybe a better pash rush makes our CBs better. And maybe it can make Bademosi better???

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

It's obvious that this team sees pass rushers as the most vital piece of the defense.

It IS hard to argue with building the trenches and LB's.

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
1st QB goes to the Bills Barkley or Nassib

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
MrDNA #779529 04/25/13 09:29 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

John Gruden loves _everybody_.

I know, it's so annoying.

We get it, you're a players coach. Everyone is special, everyone has game. It's like he's trying to become their agent (or he's that creepy uncle that drinks a little too much at the Xmas party and starts offering back rubs).

When he starts talking, I hit mute.

[Linked Image]

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Horton has said from the begining that he wants to attack. You don't attack with CB's you attack with pass rushers. Name an elite corner for Pittsburgh or Baltimore. They don't have them. Good pick

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, he was doubled and he was also asked to contain the QB this year which led to a decreased in sacs from 2011 to 2012. A very different role from this better producing junior year.

Tackles are tackles.
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, he was doubled and he was also asked to contain the QB this year which led to a decreased in sacs from 2011 to 2012. A very different role from this better producing junior year.

Right but how dare we make excuses for him!

Maybe he will be a huge bust, I think he's going to be a star with some time in the weight room and free reign to go after the QB, we just have to wait and see.

I'm just happy it wasn't Geno Smith and we didn't trade up.

S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
some of you amaze me.....you really do....saying we will find a starting corner back in the 3rd or 4th round????????? starter for what??? special teams?!?!

slick #779534 04/25/13 09:38 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

some of you amaze me.....you really do....saying we will find a starting corner back in the 3rd or 4th round????????? starter for what??? special teams?!?!

I agree, we'll end up with another Brandon McDonald type guy, and that has been an ongoing problem for years.

2nd String
2nd String
Next pick will be a QB. Can't have enough DE's and QB's lol.

slick #779536 04/25/13 09:39 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Are you going to challenge us to find a starting CB taken in the 3 round or later in the past 10 years?

Or do you want to do the research before having to eat your words?

Up to you.

[Linked Image]

slick #779537 04/25/13 09:39 PM
Legend
Legend
We can find a starting CB in the 3rd.

Most teams don't have 2 top 10 CB.

S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S

P
Legend
Legend
P
We did not need a super star CB we have one, we need a capable compliment... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Carolina has to love that all DTs are still on the board...they get their guy regardless

Legend
Legend
Quote:

We did not need a super star CB we have one, we need a capable compliment... JMHO

And I think that we have added a couple of solid situational type guys already.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) ROUND 1 THREAD

Link Copied to Clipboard