Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I would not hesitate if he is there, he is a playmaker supreme, and not just on Defense but on ST's also ... Your Thoughts?

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
Legend
Legend
S
Would love to see him play some kind of center field role with the defense. Not sure that is quite worth a 3rd round pick though.

I guess it really depends how this 2nd round plays out.

C
Legend
Legend
C
If he is there when we pick in the 3rd round, take him.

Legend
Legend
I think he'll be gone in the 2nd (middle-to-late).

If he were there in the 3rd, I'd take him.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Depends on which cornerbacks and safeties are there. I think we need size and height if we are keeping Skrine. Badger and Buster on the field together? kind of scary in the AFC North & TE crazy NFL.

Still, I've got no problems if they take a risk with Honey Badger! We Haven't done diddly in the secondary, landing an impact playmaker in the 3rd would be a start.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I wouldn't touch him before the 4th or 5th.

He is a massive gamble.

Then again, we've taken a few of those in recent past, (Gordon, Little) and they haven't blown up in our faces.

If we were a well-built team, I would think about a late second or third on him. He has a lot of roleplaying situational value.

But you can't spend third rounders on guys like that when you're so thin.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
People have lots of questions about Honey Badger, and rightly so. His size, coverage skills, etc.

But, the guy is a football player. A playmaker. If we can get a playmaker who is known for forcing turnovers in the 3rd, I'm all for it.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
If he is there I say take him for sure

T
Legend
Legend
T
Who will still be left on the board?

It won't be too late to help that OFFENSE out with that 3rd round pick.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
J/C

The plan is to give Horton the ammo to throw the kitchen sink at the QB. If we are "attacking" it would be nice to have a ballhawk that terrifies the QB. Either scare the QB from making panic throws or to capitalize when he does.

Landing the ballhawk to go with the blitz would be huge!

P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

Who will still be left on the board?

It won't be too late to help that OFFENSE out with that 3rd round pick.

True, a TE or OG could be our pick over Honey badger ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
he has failed like 10 drug tests and is a diva........

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

People have lots of questions about Honey Badger, and rightly so. His size, coverage skills, etc.

But, the guy is a football player. A playmaker. If we can get a playmaker who is known for forcing turnovers in the 3rd, I'm all for it.

How do you leave out character questions?

There have been plenty of 'football players' and 'playmakers' who had ten cent heads and flamed out.

So now on top of issues of size and coverage skills, you have huge red flags about character. Does that sounds that a good third round gamble for a team devoid of talent?

Maybe. I mean, if we took him in the third, I wouldn't cry. But it's a huge roll of the dice.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Considering Banner and Chud harped on character over and over again...and considering they've been quite honest about their process since day one....and considering they aren't lying ..(which kinda goes with the previous point ) ....

....The Honey Badger has no shot in the third and would not be surprised he's completely off their draft board.

Let the Bengals have him.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 04/26/13 04:33 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
tough call Pastor...the kid has talent. They brought him here n Had an extensive interview...all depends on that. Kid has Suspension written all over him...He's broke right now - give him a lot (even if league minimum) a LOT OF $$$ for a 21 year old with a self acclaimed love of Marijuana n trying so hard to stay away from the LEACHES which is easy with him Broke n in rehab stuff. On his own with $$$ the sireens start singing...."BLUNT" kid is on shaky grounds.

But ONE HECK of a football player...Ben Gay? or Cris Carter? Which road will he take.

JMHO...Taylor, Banks, Slay, Gratz, Amerson, Wreh-Wilson, Mathieu, Alford, Poyer, Ryan, Webb, McFadden, Simons, Comings...more than one will be there for our 3rd and 4th round picks.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
talent means nothing while suspended all the time. I want NOTHING to do with this player.

We are not going to get a great CB this late but we could still land a big upgrade at FS.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Perhaps Dion Sims at TE, but there won't be an OG of note when we pick next...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm drinking a bottle of drano if they take him.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

Perhaps Dion Sims at TE, but there won't be an OG of note when we pick next...

Yesterday prior to the draft I'd have disagreed about no worthy OG in the third. Then I saw O-Linemen flying off the shelves left & right. . .

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
When I was reading that all I could think about was Laurence Phillips.

[Linked Image]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'll smoke to that...10 times!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Everybody deserves a second chance in life so I'm not going to bash the guy based on his youthful decision making. My concern with him is I think he is a slot corner not a guy who will make his living covering on the outside. Much of it has to do with his stature. IMO, the Brown's don't need another smallish cornerback regardless of his ball skills. I think he would be fine in slot coverage but a liability as a weapon to attack a defense. I do think there will be an attack role for CBs and Safeties in Horton's defense.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

I'll smoke to that...10 times!

I'd STOP COUNTING at 10 . . .

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Everybody deserves a second chance in life so I'm not going to bash the guy based on his youthful decision making.

Uhhh, how long ago was chance #2? And what chance # would he be up to when being drafted? I think it'd be in the double digits . . .

Dude's a dope. I don't want him.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Dude, my horse is not high enough to look down on a guy for blazing up a few. My objection to him is about his fit in what I believe the Browns want to do. If I insisted on being extra judgemental about this kid then I would have to insist on the same thing with Gordon. I don't, do you?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Everybody deserves a second chance in life so I'm not going to bash the guy based on his youthful decision making.

Uhhh, how long ago was chance #2? And what chance # would he be up to when being drafted? I think it'd be in the double digits . . .

Dude's a dope. I don't want him.

I agree. If we were to take him at all, I wouldn't want him before the 6th. He is undersized, and has had major drug problems. Both are huge concerns, and more than I would risk before the 6th.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Just keep him away from Ricky Davis.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'd be ok with it mostly because he's such a dynamic player. He causes chaos. He wreaks havoc.

And tell Berea to get Chris Gamble on the phone. Or Marcus Trufant. Or Ryan Mouton. Or William Middleton.

Somebody that can cover a guy on the boundry.

I don't want to see Buster on the field in 2013. The guy was a disaster most of the time. I don't want to see him playing football anymore!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I would not hesitate if he is there, he is a playmaker supreme, and not just on Defense but on ST's also ... Your Thoughts?

He'll be gone in the second. Someone will look strickly at ability and skip the potential problem..

JMO

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Just say NO.

He blew off the Texans and the Seahawks after his agent had arranged interviews. He just felt like he didn't want to go to the interviews.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on...-texans-seattle

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

He just felt like he didn't want to go to the interviews.

Or he was sick. Like the article you linked to says.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Even though there's a decent chance another 6-10 CB's come off the board before we pick at 68, I still think there will be someone better to pick than Mathieu. Being a stoner doesn't help his case either.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

He just felt like he didn't want to go to the interviews.

Or he was sick. Like the article you linked to says.

Yeah, like folks were sick this morning and missed work today because they hadn't gotten enough sleep.

If he was sick, why? No explanation. And if I were sick, I'd still do a phone interview if it was planned event. I would contact them to say that I wasn't feeling well and either ask to do it via the phone or Skype instead of in person or reschedule them. No mention that he did that, only that he was a no-show. If I set up an interview with a prospective employer and don't show I wouldn't expect other prospective employers that would hear about it to give me much thought.

I wouldn't touch this kid with the Mr. Irrelevant selection and wouldn't seek him out as an UDFA. Why would I want to invite the headaches?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Is that report accurate? Is it possible a team put that report out hoping Mathieu would drop? Just because something isn't mentioned doesn't mean it didn't happen.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I suppose it's possible, but why would they throw the Texans and Seahawks out there? They could easily confirm or deny it.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Dude, my horse is not high enough to look down on a guy for blazing up a few.

Mine isn't either. I don't care WHAT he did. Only that he broke rules that had already been set. REPEATEDLY. Therefore he's a selfish, unreliable dope.

I'm sick of people discussing whether or not the crime should be a crime. The rule was set and was broken. REPEATEDLY. End of story...

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
no thanks...totally overrated

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Would prefer a young professional CB...Logan Ryan fingers crossed

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c
if you saw the interview with him...

"and this kids is why you don't do drugs"

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Honey Badger In The 3rd Round????

Link Copied to Clipboard