Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Legend
Legend
C
People are worried he will do this do the entire team. . .

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Why is Rambo still on the board?

Drugs?

I don't know. He's a decent player but not one I ever thought was great.

At this point we might as well hope he stays on the board and we give him a look in the 7th.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Rookie
Rookie
Little Guy That Can Hit!!!!!

Slaughter, measuring just less than 6-feet and weighed at 195 pounds, had 98 tackles in 39 career games at Notre Dame and was regarded as one of the biggest hitters on the roster.

[Linked Image from s9.postimage.org]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
JC......

I'll take Scott as a developmental guy in the 7th...........maybe a kicker to if any are left.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Jc

Haven't been able to pay attention too much today cause I'm workin', what happened to our picks in 4 & 5?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
B
Legend
Legend
B
I thought we might take a kicker as well, but i doubt it.

Allow Grahm to be the bridge rather than ruin some rookie because he missed a 45 year kick.

Graham can handle it at this point.

It to the point with some our kicker can miss a 66 yard kick and he will get booed off the field, with them convinced Dawson would have made it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PDR Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

Jc

Haven't been able to pay attention too much today cause I'm workin', what happened to our picks in 4 & 5?

Traded them both for future picks.

We have the Steelers 3rd and the Colts 4th next year.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

I thought we might take a kicker as well, but i doubt it.

Allow Grahm to be the bridge rather than ruin some rookie because he missed a 45 year kick.

Graham can handle it at this point.

It to the point with some our kicker can miss a 66 yard kick and he will get booed off the field, with them convinced Dawson would have made it.

That is one heckuva kick, 45 years? Should be a punter, incredible hang time.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Safety Added in Sixth Round
By Fred Greetham
OBR Senior Browns Reporter
Posted Apr 27, 2013

Quote:

BEREA—The Browns used their first pick of the final day of the draft to take a select. However, it wasn’t until the sixth-round.

After trading out of the fourth round and fifth rounds, the Browns used their pick in the sixth round (175th overall) to take safety Jamoris Slaughter from Notre Dame.

Slaughter (5- 11, 195) ruptured his left Achilles tendon in the third game of the season against Michigan State.

“It’s an excellent pick,” Mike Mayock said on NFL Network. “He’s a player that will play special teams and will compete for a starting position.”

Slaughter had 45 tackles in 2011, including two sacks and a forced fumble in 13 games.

Pro Football Weekly described Slaughter as an ‘explosive striker who relishes high speed collisions’.

He was originally projected to be a third or fourth round pick before suffering the season-ending injury.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Quote:

Jc

Traded them both for future picks.

We have the Steelers 3rd and the Colts 4th next year.

Thanks! Good to hear we gave our arch rivals who are in rebuild mode (however slight it might be) a pick with which to rebuild THIS YEAR.

Heaven help me.

my two cents...
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Thanks! Good to hear we gave our arch rivals who are in rebuild mode (however slight it might be) a pick with which to rebuild THIS YEAR.

Heaven help me.

MrTed, it's a fourth round! You're acting like we gave them a Lombardi Trophy. You really think this fourth round pick is better than the third round pick Browns get next year?

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
i doubt this guy beats out Gibson.

what really ticks me off is we gave the steelers a safety....and we all know how pretty much whoever they draft becomes a damn good player.....and we helped them.....IDIOTS.....

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

and we all know how pretty much whoever they draft becomes a damn good player

Yeah, like Limas Sweed!

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
j/c

If the Browns can find a trading partner every year that is willing to give a 3rd round the next year for are 4th I would make this trade every time.

I love the pick of Slaughter just for the name, brings back good memories:D

Using a 6th round on a player that has solid skills but an injury history is ok with me. We needed a safety and got one.

I would have rather traded this pick for a 5th round next year. But I am very happy with this draft.

Last edited by MrUniverse; 04/27/13 05:27 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

what really ticks me off is we gave the steelers a safety....and we all know how pretty much whoever they draft becomes a damn good player.....and we helped them.....IDIOTS.....

We gave them a 4th, they gave us a third, and OUR guys are somehow the idiots? I swear, some people on this board will complain about absolutely everything. Some fans haven't given this FO a chance before already deeming them worthless. It gets so old real fast.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Little Guy That Can Hit!!!!!

Slaughter, measuring just less than 6-feet and weighed at 195 pounds, had 98 tackles in 39 career games at Notre Dame and was regarded as one of the biggest hitters on the roster.

This is actually a very good pick if he's healthy and real value in the 6th round, if he can come back at 100%. Special teams and a hybrid player against the mobile QBs, and he can compete with Hagg at FS. I like it, as I'm assuming they did their homework and he's cleared medical.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Quote:

Heaven help me.

MrTed, it's a fourth round! You're acting like we gave them a Lombardi Trophy. You really think this fourth round pick is better than the third round pick Browns get next year?

I know, I'm half joking! But only half mind you! it just seems that other GM's are better at finding gems than we are and we supposedly need so much now.

my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Liked Slaughter last year, Outstanding hips and change of direction. The Browns were bound and determined to find a player recovering from an achilles injury and guess they drafted one. If healthy, it is a steal but I can't think of 1 single player that was ever worth a damn after an achilles injury. Seems like they either blew it out again or just lacked the explosion they had before.

I have more confidence in Lattimore's knee than Slaughters Achilles. I thought the kid had a chance to be a late first before the injury so hopefully he can return to that level of play.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

but I can't think of 1 single player that was ever worth a damn after an achilles injury.

AP, Terrell Suggs come to mind.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought his was only a partial?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Concerning the Steelers and Shamarko Thomas, SS

I thought he was a carbon copy of TJ Ward.

He's rocked up. He has explosive straight line speed. He has awful ball skills and can get lost in coverage. Should be a demon on special teams.

As long as he doesn't turn into our version of Bernard Karmell Pollard I'm ok with the trade.

If he does then seriously man we asked for it.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I have also read that Thomas has had concussion issues. That's kinda scary when a kid is coming into the league and already has had multiple, multiple concussions.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I honestly don't know, they just immediately came to mind when you posted that.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Peterson was ACL/MCL, not Achilles

B
All Pro
All Pro
B

Dan Marino completely tore his achilles. Granted QB vs DB, but he had to plant and throw after, and did quite well after.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Obviously Poyer was no ranked highly by every team as he has gone undrafted through 6 1/2 rounds.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Now if you can tell me why, which is what I was asking, that'd help me out.

In all fairness, he did say "obviously" LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
You are correct.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Will you just stop? You have done nothing but bad-mouth this FO since they took over. You don't even follow the draft. I knew you were going to bad mouth every pick they made and you have.

You really think trading a 4th round pick for a 3rd round pick makes them "IDIOTS?"

Slaughter is a gamble due to his injury, but in the 6th round, I would rather take a gamble on a guy than draft some talentless guy who will never make the team.

I wonder if this guy has the skills to eventually play FS? I really don't know much about him, except for what both the NFL Network and ESPN guys were saying. Both were positive. We'll see.

Legend
Legend
Slaughter will be the NFL version of Tyler Moeller when he was at OSU. Hortons gonna love what this kid brings to the table as a rotational guy. He can't ever be a starter because he's too flawed, but he will contribute in more areas then one.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Quote:

Quote:

We gave them a 4th, they gave us a third, and OUR guys are somehow the idiots? I swear, some people on this board will complain about absolutely everything. Some fans haven't given this FO a chance before already deeming them worthless. It gets so old real fast.

+1

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Quote:

YEP, just like:
Mark Malone 1st round
Rashard Mendenhall (I will miss his fumbles) 1st round
Limas Sweed 2nd round
Walter Abercrombie 1st round
Thaddeus Gibson 4th round
Kraig Urbik 3rd round
Anthony Smith 3rd round
Willie Reid 3rd round
Ricardo Colclough 2nd round
Alonzo Jackson 2nd round
Troy Edwards 1st round
Scott Shields 2nd round
Chad Scott 1st round
Will Blackwell 2nd round
Jamain Stephens 1st round
Huey Richardson 1st round
Tim Worley 1st round
Tom Ricketts 1st round

I can go on and on....Every team has their bad picks...

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Slaughter was a terrible pick at best. But this is what Lomabardi is known for making terrible draft picks. To the PUP list this guy goes. It would have been better just to pass on the pick completely.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Slaughter was a terrible pick at best. But this is what Lomabardi is known for making terrible draft picks. To the PUP list this guy goes. It would have been better just to pass on the pick completely.

So do you use your time machine alot or just to go and see players in the future ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I hope this guy can get healthy. He had a pretty decent game against Florida State.

http://draftbreakdown.com/jamoris-slaughter-vs-florida-state-2011

Legend
Legend
He was absolutely impressive attacking the LOS, that's for sure.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
sounds like hughes....the 15th best dt and we get him at like 4th or 5th...

we do have the same scouts!

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A couple of days ago, when I first looked at this thread, I thought to myself, this seems a lot like the John Hughes discussions after last years draft. I have a lot of last years games saved on my DVR so I've been rewatching some of them. John Hughes made plays for this team.

Slaughter, don't know much about him. I don't watch a lot of ND football and of course he was hurt early last season. What little tape I've seen of the kid says he's a player, he's aggressive and versatile. Just hope he fully recovers from the injury. If so this guy has the skills to contribute early and develop into a starter.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

sounds like hughes....the 15th best dt and we get him at like 4th or 5th...

we do have the same scouts!

hmmm, you are newer, so I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not here. you do realize that Hughes played well last year and justified his draft slot, right?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Spaking of tape, here's his 2011 game vs FSU and EJ Manuel and 2012 game vs Purdue

http://www.youtube.com/v/NY20FZgQSks

http://www.youtube.com/v/laILCebyWMI

My take:

Positives:

- versatile. Lined up everywhere: deep FS, in the slot and at the LOS as an OLB
- good blitzer. he was a freelancer at ND and he blitzed often, sounds like a good fit in Horton's scheme
- smart player, reading the QBs eyes. Very impressed with one play in the FSU game where he blitzed up the middle, realized that it's blocked and then turned around to cover a player underneath
- in the 2012 game he was lined up deep more often than 2011

Negatives:

- not a sound tackler. More of a "launcher" than secure wrap up tackler. Will get him injured
- struggles with COD in man coverage, but that's the norm with S

Overall I liked what I saw and his tape was as good if not better than some of those mid round S

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
The main concern for me here is that we don't know what player we're getting. History shows that players coming back from a torn achilles are not the same guy they were before the injury. Is he even going to play this season?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Pick #175 : Jamoris Slaughter, S, ND

Link Copied to Clipboard