P
PDR Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/armonty-bryant?id=2540278

Overview

Bryant originally enrolled at Abeline Christian. He spent one season there, in which he did not play. After leaving the program, Bryant transferred to Cisco Junior College (Texas) before ultimately transferring to Eastern Central.

In his first season, as a defensive end for the Tigers, Bryant had 49 tackles (19 for loss), 13.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and blocked four kicks. Bryant won the Lone Star Conference North Defensive Lineman of the Year after picking up two LSC North Defensive Player of the Week honors and one LSC North Special Teams Player of the Week award in 2010. Bryant was a first team All-Great American Conference selection in 2011, after amassing 62 tackles (12.5 for loss), three sacks, and three blocked kicks. Bryant only played in eight games as a senior, as he was suspended after being arrested for selling marijuana to an undercover police officer. He still managed to total 54 tackles (17.5 for loss), 10.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, and two blocked kicks.

Legend
Legend
We just drafted a kid who got kicked off the team for selling weed AT practice. I am not just talking about selling weed I am talking about him having such low respect for his football team and teammates that he was busted selling it AT PRACTICE.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

We just drafted a kid who got kicked off the team for selling weed AT practice. I am not just talking about selling weed I am talking about him having such low respect for his football team and teammates that he was busted selling it AT PRACTICE.

Ahh, he's industrious too!

#GMSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

We must really like Gordon a lot to be drafting a dealer for him

Though that could also explain this move.

P
Legend
Legend
P

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
He will make the team if he has time to put his mary jane selling on hold. I did watch this kid early on until he got booted from the team. He can bend and has insanely long arms. I am just pissed we drafted someone who had the nerve to sell pot AT PRACTICE.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
I've read this guy is an absolute athletic freak.

But...he's as raw as they come and apparently a bit of a knucklehead.

P
Legend
Legend
P

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Armonty Bryant

Armonty Bryant, DE (6-foot-4 3/4, 259) - Bryant - who was at the NFL Scouting Combine - ran the 40-yard dash in 4.84 seconds against the wind and 4.69 seconds with the wind. He had a 34 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-1 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.43 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.14 seconds. He also performed 15 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. At Tulsa's pro day, Bryant worked out as both a defensive lineman and an outside linebacker in a 3-4 base defense. He worked out good in the linebacker drills, and could be a seventh-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

'

Eastern CENTRAL Oklahoma. Not even Eastern Oklahoma.

why not pick Poyer? He must have some issues...

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Wrong..He didn't get kicked off the team. He was suspended for the first 8 games. Before you get on your high horse at least get your facts right.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

East Central University's All-America defensive end, Armonty Bryant, was arrested on suspicion of felonious distribution of marijuana, according to The Ada News. Bryant was taken into custody during football practice. The newspaper report said Bryant posted $25,000 bond and was released from the Pontotoc County Justice Center.

The Wichita Falls, Texas, native allegedly sold $20 worth of marijuana to an Ada Police Department undercover agent on Sept. 12 and Sept. 13 at an ECU parking lot.

Arrested

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Wrong..He didn't get kicked off the team. He was suspended for the first 8 games. Before you get on your high horse at least get your facts right.

For it mixed up, he got kicked off his first team for grade issues.

Legend
Legend
They just said if he simply follows the guidelines of his probation, he doesn't have to go to jail for 5 years!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
That's a good incentive if you ask me.

P
PDR Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

East Central University's All-America defensive end, Armonty Bryant, was arrested on suspicion of felonious distribution of marijuana, according to The Ada News. Bryant was taken into custody during football practice. The newspaper report said Bryant posted $25,000 bond and was released from the Pontotoc County Justice Center.

The Wichita Falls, Texas, native allegedly sold $20 worth of marijuana to an Ada Police Department undercover agent on Sept. 12 and Sept. 13 at an ECU parking lot.

Arrested

Selling $20 bags is a felony?

Jeez, Texas does not like marijuana, eh?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His name has been popping up as the small school freak of this year's class. Apparenntly he has long arms and a first step from hell. May not no where he is going but he gets there quickly lol

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Arrested

Selling $20 bags is a felony?

Jeez, Texas does not like marijuana, eh?

He was in Ada OK when arrested, not Texas.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
They just showed some highlights on ESPN, he sure looked like a man among boys in DII. We took a 7th round flyer on him....who knows?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

They just said if he simply follows the guidelines of his probation, he doesn't have to go to jail for 5 years!

Haslam or Bryant Im soooo confused...

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
j/c im ok with a guard, Finally!

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Quote:

Haslam or Bryant Im soooo confused...

Funny!

Legend
Legend
Man, he gets off the line like he was shot out of a cannon.

He blows by Tackles (granted, lower level Tackles) like they weren't even there.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
They had some highlights on TV.

And he's freaky athletically.

Lombardi picks size, speed athletes and this guy has it in spades. We'll see if he works out.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Lol. That was fun to watch.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He has a quick first step and seems to have good instincts (aside from selling pot to an undercover cop). Those skills can be built upon.

Legend
Legend
Good watch! YAC = Yards After Crush!

Still, baggies at practice?!? Good luck. Does step out in a blaze off the line. Clean up your act.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I hope this kid has his head back on straight.

Of course, we took Gordon high even with his heavy history of marijuana usage and failed drug tests ..... so hopefully it was a case of a kid being dumb and just doing stupid stuff.

If he stays clean he could be a major contributor. He looks like he should be a solid special teamer too ..... especially on the FG defense team. .

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Big man that can run..... Guess he fits the plan. Hope he works out and can stay out of trouble.

Legend
Legend
Here's something I published on him in February.

http://cornerblitz.com/2013/Features/UTR-Armonty-Bryant.aspx

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Major props to clevesteve for putting this guy on the "All Underrated Team"
https://www.dawgtalkers.net/showflat.php?...rue#Post1034019

When we drafted him I was like... Why have I heard this name?

Thanks Steve

I love this philosophy for the last few picks. Choosing guys who have top end talent, but fall due to injury or personality flaws. Despite my initial disgust and fear I am pretty dang happy with whoever is doing the drafting.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Big man who can run! It looks like it doesn't matter where you line him up, he's gonna find the ball. We'll have to see if he can shed blocks like that at this level, but I like his pursuit.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
excellent insight

Legend
Legend
I'm liking the left edge of our defense... The law firm of Kruger, Bryant, and Bryant.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ehh, he's a 7th round pick,, how many of those actually have a long career let alone make their First team?

They took a flyer,, if he shows up, great, if he doesn't, so what?

this guy in the 1st or 2nd round,, yeah,, I'd be outraged, but in the 7th, no biggie

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
We have our new Alex Hall!

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

We must really like Gordon a lot to be drafting a dealer for him

Though that could also explain this move.

lolol best post of the day!

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
we dont even need another DE.....

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Pick #217: Armonty Bryant, DE, East Central (OK)

Link Copied to Clipboard