Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
clevesteve #782541 04/27/13 10:50 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Little surprised we didn't at least sign a P/K.

I know we have guys to bring in on a tryout basis, so it may be coming. Not too settled on Graham, though I thought Lanning outperformed Hodges last year. But some comp never hurts.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Dawgpound017 #782542 04/27/13 11:14 PM
Legend
Legend
Bray signed with KC.

Stoneburner with GB.

Jordan Campbell with CIN.

Taylor Reed with DAL.

Bummer.

Last edited by clevesteve; 04/27/13 11:30 PM.
BuckeyeDawg5 #782543 04/28/13 12:33 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

anyone know anything about that RB we signed?

Legit canidate to make the team, really really quicky shifty and strong good vision

may have take Chris Obys job from him

I wouldn't go that far. Cook is a decent RB, but he's really inexperienced in pass protection, and he lacks top end speed. (and he's not that big on top of that) He is a decent receiver.

He was highly productive at YSU, but he's not my favorite Penguin. I would have rather gone after Mady. I think that Mady has a legit shot at starting in a year or 2.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
clevesteve #782544 04/28/13 12:36 AM
Legend
Legend
Here's a video of our UDFA QB Aplin vs FIU
Strong arm, real quick release, but his feet are all over the place lol.

https://www.youtube.com/v/Ms5Isor_DAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

clevesteve #782545 04/28/13 12:47 AM
Legend
Legend
Chris Faulk, LSU LT #76

I really don't like his effort in this game. A lot of cutting and giving up early

BatDawg #782546 04/28/13 01:31 AM
Legend
Legend
This kid sounds like he might have some ability. I read that he did 31 reps at 225# ..... most of any DB ... so he's a strong kid. He also ran a 4.5 flat according to this site:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=95989&draftyear=2013&genpos=SS

His story is here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/...n-wisconsin-sun

Twenty-four hours after defensive backs were the main attraction in workouts before hundreds of scouts at the nationally televised NFL Scouting Combine, free safety Ryan McWethy of Wisconsin-Platteville began another day in relative anonymity, ultimately fixed on catching the right scout's eye.

"I wasn't able to watch any of it," said McWethy, a 6-1, 218-pound safety and team captain didn't want to predict results for his own 40-yard dash, or offer an educate guesstimate on how many reps of 225 he might do for scouts March 6.

"I'm up in Milwaukee training for my pro day. I don't have TV here, so I haven't been able to watch too much. But I saw all the numbers, what they threw up."

The defensive backs invited to Indianapolis have the better part of three days to make some kind of impact on scouts and talent evaluators, either in interviews or on the field. That's not the way it works for DIII prospects.

Truth be told, McWethy isn't an unknown in this draft. He was coming out of tiny Oregon High School, a Class AAA school in north central Illinois about 70 minutes from Chicago. When scouts first began tracking him, he was already in college. They do wonder why he wasn't recruited to a bigger program based on his talent, but that's more of an indictment of the schools that didn't pay attention four years ago.

"We had a good football team, but such a small school, not too many people look our way for athletes," he said.

He began gaining interest as a junior after an 18-tackle performance. Ten teams met with him or watched him in person last season, including the Cowboys, Patriots, Ravens and Vikings. About 20 teams have talked to the Platteville coaching staff and McWethy has met personally with 13 teams.

Tuesday was the day the defensive backs among the 333 players invited to the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine made their mark. Top-ranked cornerback Dee Milliner ran a sub-4.4 40-yard dash and nailed down a spot in the draft's top 10. McWethy would settle for any spot in the top 250. Or a draft-day deal as an undrafted free agent. Of course, if neither scenario plays out, he's not the type to hang up the helmet. He'll continue to pursue football opportunities.

McWethy is training with Brad Arnett at NX Level Athletics. Arnett is trainer to former Wisconsin All-American and 2012 Houston Texans All-Pro J.J. Watt.

The story of the small town kid isn't new to the region, and McWethy said his father is religously combing for information on what McWethy's competition has done in workouts and otherwise. Fourth-round pick Sean Considine, a safety who played special teams for the Super Bowl-winning Ravens earlier this month, played a few miles up the road at Byron High School. Considine, a local legend because of his NFL calling, had the natural boost of playing in the Big Ten at Iowa. He was able to lend his first-hand knowledge to McWethy.

McWethy's workout will again raise the nagging question of level of competition -- but in another way. Has his work cut out for him grabbing the attention of evaluators there primarily noting the peformance of the University of Wisconsin prospects in Madison. Last year, several Wisconsin players were drafted.

But the potential for exposure gleaned at the Badgers' pro day -- obviously far greater in comparision to what the lower-division Pioneers experienced on game days -- should serve McWethy well. It might be the difference between becoming a seventh-round pick or priority free agent and being added to a camp roster early in the summer.

"As of right now I think all of my numbers put up in training are right where I need to be, I think I'll catch the eye of quite a few scouts if I keep doing what I should be doing," he said.

There's no denying McWethy has progressed in the past year, since he first learned from his head coach NFL teams requested three game tapes (though defensive coordinator Rob Erickson was trying to send the highlight reel without informing McWethy). However, if the phone doesn't ring by the end of the seventh round of the draft in April, McWethy will be in the same place he was Wednesday.

"Hoping I get picked up and go into a rookie camp," he said. "Get an opportunity to show what I can do. Hopefully some team gives me a shot."

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

YTownBrownsFan #782547 04/28/13 03:13 AM
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Nice read, I imagine he didn't wind up here due to a lack of interest, sounds like a smart kid that probably did his homework and sees a great opportunity to make the team because of our FS position being absolutely wide open for starter and backup, not to mention the possibility of latching on the practice squad if all else fails.

Definitely a kid to keep an eye on, has all the measurables, now to see if he can hang with the increased level of competition. I'll be pulling for him.

KashDawg #782548 04/28/13 08:19 AM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

david kruger - DT - utah

He was drafted in the 7th by the Eagles, or was it the 6th?

Joe Kruger was drafted by philly. David appears to have signed with us.

My bad. Thanks for the correction. Too many Krugers!!

Those Mormons produce like rabbits. (says 1 of 9 children of Catholics)

anarchy2day #782549 04/28/13 08:51 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
JC

For OSU homers, besides Stoneburner going to Green Bay, Buckeyes Zach Boren, FB and Travis Howard, CB both landed with the Houston Texans. Wonder why they'd want Boren when they have Vickers? Also waiting to see where P/PK Quinn Sharp (Okla. St.) ends up. Rumors have him signing with the Bengals.

Last edited by Dave; 04/28/13 08:54 AM.
Dave #782550 04/28/13 08:54 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I've been wrong before, but I thought Vickers went to Dallas.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
dawglover05 #782551 04/28/13 09:05 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
You are correct. My mistake.

Dave #782552 04/28/13 09:15 AM
Legend
Legend
I'm loving Ricky Tunstall's highlight video...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
HotBYoungTurk #782553 04/28/13 09:19 AM
Rookie
Rookie
I really like this guys tape! This guy can hit! Very aggressive

Quote:

I'm loving Ricky Tunstall's highlight video...

[Linked Image from s9.postimage.org]
Dave #782554 04/28/13 09:23 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

JC

For OSU homers, besides Stoneburner going to Green Bay, Buckeyes Zach Boren, FB and Travis Howard, CB both landed with the Houston Texans. Wonder why they'd want Boren when they have Vickers? Also waiting to see where P/PK Quinn Sharp (Okla. St.) ends up. Rumors have him signing with the Bengals.

As someone pointed out Vickers went to Dallas last year then the Texans just lost their FB/TE in James Casey this year so they were looking at getting a new FB to block for Foster. Boren I think is a great fit.

Texans have drafted I think three buckeyes in the last two years...

<><

#gmstrong
AFdawg #782555 04/28/13 09:25 AM
Rookie
Rookie
Also, looks like Tunstall ran in the 4.4s. Possible kick returner, I could see him as a ST gunner too. This guy is more impressive looking than Slaughter to me. Although, not much tape on Slaughter. I'm excited about this guy, I'll be rooting for him to earn a spot on the final roster.

AFdawg #782556 04/28/13 09:30 AM
Rookie
Rookie
Perez Ashford has some good tape too, although he is only 5'10". Don't think any WR has much of a chance with the guys we have now.

Interesting to see Dave Kruger come join his brother. Philly drafted the other brother, I always thought Dave was a better prospect of the two coming out. Looks like he'd be a DE in the 3-4. Has good size for it.

jaybird #782557 04/28/13 09:38 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Forgot about Etienne Sabino - he signed with NY Giants, who also drafted Jonathan Hankins. Reid Fragel is a Bengal, and John Simon is a Raven. That one grinds me a little.

Legend
Legend

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/cleveland_browns_ceo_joe_banne_4.html#incart_river

Besides talking about the 17 UDFA's they seem to give reasons for the way they did things. Actually, I'm surprised by this, but I kinda agree with the thinking..

Quote:

Cleveland Browns: CEO Joe Banner and coach Rob Chudzinski press conference transcript
Branson Wright, The Plain Dealer By Branson Wright, The Plain Dealer
on April 28, 2013 at 7:30 AM, updated April 28, 2013 at 8:58 AM

BEREA, Ohio -- CEO Joe Banner and coach Rob Chudzinski press conference transcript following the draft, provided by the Cleveland Browns.

Joe Banner

(Opening statement)- "A couple things I think you already know. We signed (Davone) Bess to a three-year contract extension, so including the year he already has that's four years. We have agreements with, we won't have them signed so we won't release any of the names yet, 17 undrafted free agents. We'll get you those names as soon as we get the contracts back but until we do that we don't want to put them out. That probably won't be until tomorrow morning. We're still working, we probably have two more spots to fill. I just want to talk a little philosophically about what we did. We view Bess as part of the draft and we were fortunate being able to trade back a couple spots to acquire him, keep the same number of picks and then as you know we were able to take those picks and trade them for future picks. The philosophy really is to treat everything we have, whether it's a draft pick, an undrafted free agent, cap space, whatever it is as an asset and try to maximize the value we can get for it. We took our fourth round pick for example, traded back to pay for part of Bess and then traded that for a future third round pick. We feel like, for a fourth round pick that's about as much value as you can possibly hope to get. He's a good player, still good enough to contribute for a while. Again, he's very high character, all the things that we keep talking about that we're looking for. Then we were able to trade the pick and have the asset of a third round pick next year. That's how we're thinking about those things, what's the best value that we can get out of each of those assets, with having in mind the idea of building a really good team over two to three years as opposed to just worrying about filling every single need that we could identify for this moment. That's just kind of an overview behind the moves you saw us make today."

Joe Banner

(On if they stuck with their plan going into the draft)- "We were open to the idea of trading for future picks if we could get the right value, but we also went in, I mean frankly I think if you had asked us this morning we would have thought we were going to use those picks. We thought we had good players identified but you start getting into the fourth and fifth round, I'm not going to tell you they're guys you know that are going to be stars. But as we were able to go through and finalize the best trades, we were a little further in the fourth round as we got an offer that we thought was really good value for the pick as we looked at who was available, I think we had open mindedness about that possibility and then made the decision to use it that way."

Joe Banner

(On if the plan all along was to improve the defense in free agency and the draft)- "Yeah, to a degree. We were trying to focus on making sure we got players that we thought made us better. I think the difference is on offense we think we have a lot of young guys who are not quite sure what they are going to be over time. So we were inclined to give them some time and see how they develop and then we'll be able to identify where we're at. On defense, we felt it was clear to identify what talent was out there, what talent we had, match it up with the philosophy we've been talking about and make some moves that will make the team better. It was a little bit of both."

Joe Banner

(On why they traded with the Steelers who initiated it)- "We had so many causable trades. I think they called us first. Although we had multiple trade offers for that pick, including other teams offering the same thing and we felt that was the best trade to make. Time will tell who got the better of the deal."

Joe Banner

(On if they have a philosophical problem trading within their division)- "I'm going to sound, I don't know where this is going to lead, but I prefer to trade within the division. You don't make a trade that you don't think you're winning. So if you're winning a trade in your own division you're even better than winning a trade in another division. Obviously, that can burn you from time to time. If you look in Philadelphia, we traded (Donovan) McNabb to the Redskins and everybody thought, 'Oh my god. What are they doing? They are giving a quarterback to a team in the division.' We thought we strengthened the Eagles, and in time we didn't really do anything that helped the competitors. We try to make the best deal, it didn't really matter who it was, but we're also not afraid at all of making a trade within the division if we think it benefits us."

Joe Banner

(On if the trade with the Steelers had anything to do with the Giants' trade before that pick)- "That trade had nothing to do with anything other than our board and our own value."

Joe Banner

(On if they had other 2014 third round offers for their fourth round pick)- "I don't want to get that specific, but other offers that involved future picks. There were other opportunities."

Rob Chudzinski

(On Jamoris Slaughter)- "Just looking at Jamoris, we felt good looking at his film from the year before, not this past season. Obviously, he is coming off the injury. We felt good medically from the research that we had done and he'll be back at full speed. That's still going to take a little time in him getting back into it, but we saw a player who was extremely productive, and very versatile that played on the slot, been able to cover people man to man and also blitzed and played back deep. He'd been able to do a number of different things and we really liked the player we saw at that particular time, and projecting forward, that he we would be able to be in the mix and be able to compete for the safety positions."

Joe Banner

(On why they would draft a player coming off an Achilles injury after they cut Chris Gocong who had the same injury)- "I think the difference is player evaluation in terms of we are picking the in the sixth round and we feel like we have a player who has a chance to be a contributor – much more than you would get in the sixth round. Our medical staff was very optimistic about the medical part of it. We thought this would be good value."

Rob Chudzinski

(On Tashaun Gipson)- "Well from what we have been able to see - very positive on Tashaun and his work ethic and how he has approached things out on the field. He has some good instincts as a player and solid skills. Again, he's a younger guy and we will see once we get into pads and into real football, how he looks."

Joe Banner

(On if there is any worry that the focus is already down the road when the 2013 season is coming up)- "We are not asking for a free pass for this year. We expect to improve. We expect it to be conspicuous. As you look at the individual players we added and the way the coaches bring them together and get them in sync, we are not saying that we don't expect to be better. We are not going to reach all of our goals or fill all of our needs this year. But we think we will play exciting, aggressive football. I think it will be clear that the team is continuing to improve as I think it has for the last year or two and positioning itself well to have a chance to become very good and sustain it."

Rob Chudzinski

(On if he has a different view because he is trying to win next year as a coach)- "Our goal is to win and it always will be. We will approach it from that standpoint. I want us to progress and improve on a daily basis. That is always the focus of a coach, you are focusing on today and improving today. That is the approach that we have taken up to this point with our guys and we will continue to approach it that way."

Joe Banner

(On the quarterback situation)- "Quarterback is an important position. We are always going to be open to looking at the position. We are always going to be evaluating everybody and every option there is to get stronger there. That's just a matter of organizational philosophy."

Rob Chudzinski

"As far as the draft goes, I think the value and the ranking and rating and how we had players stacked with the timing of when the draft was just didn't match up. As far as the guys that are here, I want to see and we want to give them every opportunity to improve. They have ability and we are excited about them as players to see them grow and how they progress in the system. We feel good about the group that we have."

Joe Banner

(On if the Giants trading in front of them impacted them trading in the fourth round)- "I answered that question before, the players picked in front of us and around us had no impact on the decision to go ahead and make that trade."

Joe Banner

(On if Jimmy Haslam was actively involved in the draft)- "He's actively involved in his way, which I think I've described. He holds everybody to a high standard. He asks a lot of very good, very smart questions that are good things to make sure we think through. He is a very positive energy and force to have around. Everyone feels like we have his support. He just uplifts, you've been around him, he up lifts the energy around him. He is just a very positive, happy guy. He was here all weekend and it was great to have him."

Rob Chudzinski

(On having inexperienced players at wide receiver)- "We feel good about that group. There are young players who have ability and talent. We would like to give them the opportunity to develop them and work with them. We were talking a little about Josh Gordon who was basically our second round pick this year. He is a young guy. Davone, we were able to get. We're excited about him. He is a proven guy in this guy and has been very productive. He's a guy that can win matchups and help you win particularly in critical situations in games. You look at Greg Little and the improvement he has been making. Travis Benjamin and his speed and some of the things he brings. It's a group that we've had a chance to see a little bit on the field that we are excited about. I would say the same thing about the tight ends. That's what we do as coaches is take those guys who may not have the experience right now and work with them to improve and get better. They need to get better in a hurry and am confident in our coaching staff that we will get that done."

Joe Banner

"We think of our draft as the five players we drafted plus Gordon plus Bess plus two quality future draft picks. When you look, before the (Colt) McCoy trade we have six draft picks. What value did we turn that into? It's Gordon, Bess, plus the players we picked, plus the two future assets that we have acquired and hopefully some good decisions with the undrafted guys. Almost every one of the really good teams in the league has some undrafted players that have cone through and contributed to the team. We view the last couple hours as an important part of the draft as well."

Rob Chudzinski

(On Armonty Bryant)- "As you looked at Armonty on tape and we've had a chance to study him - actually Joe Cullen went out and worked him out as well. So we got to know him a little bit better than the cursory glance at a guy. He's an explosive, speed off the edge, good sized defensive end who can apply pressure to the quarterback. He'd be that type of player in our scheme. He can put weight on. I think he is 265 or somewhere in that range. He has a big frame and is real raw. He's a guy that you look at that you are excited about what he can be if he develops and works at it. Through the course of looking into his background with Coach Cullen out there, as well as our scouting staff, we felt like he is passed the mistakes that he has made and ready to move on. He has matured."

Joe Banner

(On the philosophy of drafting two Division II players and how he found them)- "This is mostly the work of Michael Lombardi, Jon Sandusky, John Spytek, Ray Farmer and the rest of the crew. They did a great job getting us ready for this. It's a matter of leaving no stone unturned. Sometimes you can find value in those spots. They found them, they identified them, we went through the process with the scouts and the coaches evaluated them. We felt they had a chance to help us and we went ahead."

Joe Banner

(On if there is more concern because they are taking a bigger leap from Division II)- "There is a little bit more of a projection when you do that. You trust yourself, we had a lot of eyes on it and a lot of opinions. Probably had at least five scouts and two to three coaches on every single player that we seriously considered. Maybe even more on some cases. You just have to trust that collective wisdom."

Rob Chudzinski

(On if not drafting a quarterback shows commitment to Brandon Weeden)- "Again, I feel good about the group. How all that plays out, we'll see and know in time. I'm excited about Brandon and the progress he has made thus far, learning the system to the point we are right now, which is still very early. I've also been pleased with Jason (Campbell) and the role he has taken in being there. We want to give these guys every opportunity to succeed and give Brandon, since you are asking about him specifically, every opportunity to succeed."

Rob Chudzinski

(On if they are moving forward with the intent that Weeden is the guy)- "We're going to proceed as we are proceeding right now. Brandon is getting the reps with the first team and working with the first group. A lot of this will remain to be seen. We get into pads and we get into real football instead of the football where you run around in shorts on air, which is what we are doing right now."

Joe Banner

(On if he can say now whether or not Josh Gordon was worth the second round pick)- "My answer is the same as it was. I think Josh has a lot of potential and we are excited about what he can do. We're all going to see how he develops and what he can turn into. In the end that question will answer itself, I think. We're certainly rooting for him to prove that was a great decision."

Rob Chudzinski

(On if Garrett Gilkey is a guard or tackle- "He has played tackle and then played guard in the Senior Bowl. He has played some of both so we'll see when he gets in. He has played primarily on the left side and we'll see if he can play on the right side. We'll see when he gets in."

Rob Chudzinski

(On if Bryant is an outside linebacker or defensive end)- "More defensive end."

Rob Chudzinski

(On what he liked about Gilkey)- "Big guy, good size, has really good feet for a big man and can bend very well. He went into the Senior Bowl and played very well against those guys and competed. Coming from Chadron State and competed against those guys. He has lined up against guys from Florida State, North Carolina and everywhere else and looked like he fit right in. It didn't faze him one bit. He's a tough guy and has the kind of attitude that we want."

Rob Chudzinski

(On Gilkey's past health conditions)- "We did all the research on him and we felt good about that."

Joe Banner

(On their reaction to Quentin Groves)- "I think we said all there is to say about it. We're aware of it, we've spoken to him. Chud has met with him extensively. There's really nothing more to add to that."

© cleveland.com. All rights reserved.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
HotBYoungTurk #782559 04/28/13 10:08 AM
Legend
Legend
Looks like we signed Keenan Davis of Iowa. Decent receiver, more big play potential than Cooper for sure, but tough to imagine him making this squad.

Dawgpound017 #782560 04/28/13 10:23 AM
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
I think we need at least 2 or 3 qbs in rookie camp.
qbs
Matt McGloin, penn state
Matt Scott, arizona
Collin Klein kansas state
wrs
Erik Highsmith, nc
Julius Moore, mount union
Roy Roundtree, michigan
Marcus Sales, syracuse
Conner Vernon, duke

rbs
Stefphon Jefferson, nevada

fb
Zach Boren, ohio state
Michael Zordich, penn state
ol
Alex Hurst lsu
Jason Peacock, arkansas
Xavier Nixon, florida
Alvin Bailey, arkansas
Ricky Barnum, michigan
Rob Burge, wisconsin
Josh Dworacyk, lsu
lb
Storm Klein, ohio state
Kevin Reddick, nc
Jonathan Stewart, texas a&m
Shaq Wilson, south carolina
Alonzo Highsmith, arkansas
Etienne Sabino, ohio state
Chase Thomas, stanford
Kevin Reddick, nc
cb
Marcus Cromartie, wisconsin
Travis Howard, ohio state
Greg Reid, fsu
Devin Smith, wisconsin
s
William Buford, tuskeege
k
Kevin Harper, pittsburgh
Dan Conroy, msu
p
Brad Wing, lsu
Quinn Sharp, ok state
Ben Buchanan, ohio state

T Bone #782561 04/28/13 10:37 AM
Legend
Legend
Most of those guys were signed yesterday.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013-nfl-undrafted-free-agents

I'd really like us to bring in Dworaczyk.

dawglover05 #782562 04/28/13 11:49 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Pretty sure he did, was cut and then picked up by the Texans.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
KashDawg #782563 04/28/13 11:51 AM
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Don't forget about Buckeye Nate Williams (DE/OLB) going to Vikings

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
clevesteve #782564 04/28/13 11:54 AM
Legend
Legend
Cleveland Browns (Browns UDFA Analysis)
Jamaine Cook, RB, Youngstown State
Dave Kruger, DT, Utah
Josh Aubrey, DB, Stephen F. Austin
Braxston Cave, C, Notre Dame
Chris Faulk, OL, LSU
Perez Ashford, WR, Northern Illinois
Justin Staples, DE, Illinois
Caylin Hauptmann, OL, FIU
Ryan McWethy, S, Wisconsin-Platteville
Cordell Roberson, WR, Stephen F. Austin
Garrett Hopkins, TE, Eastern Michigan
Martin Wallace, OT, Temple
Travis Tannahill, TE, Kansas State
Ricky Tunstall, DB, Delaware
Aaron Adams, OT, Eastern Kentucky
Keenan Davis, WR, Iowa
Dominique Croom, WR, Central Arkansas
Zach Anderson, DE, Northern Michigan (Tryout)
Mike Niam, LB, Wofford (Tryout)

#gmstrong
Pdawg #782565 04/28/13 11:56 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Is it just me or are we signing more undrafted guys than usual?

cfrs15 #782566 04/28/13 12:05 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Is it just me or are we signing more undrafted guys than usual?

we have like 20 open spots on the 90 man roster, expect soem to be replacved by other UD and /or FA

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
PresidentDawg2 #782567 04/28/13 12:20 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
It seems as though most of the undrafted guys that turn into big time players (Romo, Cruz, Warner, Cribbs, etc.) are guys no one has heard of. The Tyler Brays and Jake Stoneburners of the world are known commodities that have been scouted heavily.

Give me a ton of the no name guys and I will be happy.

cfrs15 #782568 04/28/13 12:28 PM
Legend
Legend
That's very true.

Further, the UDFA types who make it are guys with question marks, but who have an elite, or close to it type of ability. Maybe a very good 1st step, great burst off the line, a plus arm, short area quickness, and so on. It's about finding one area where they excel, and then expanding upon that.

clevesteve #782569 04/28/13 12:42 PM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Bray signed with KC.

Stoneburner with GB.

Jordan Campbell with CIN.

Taylor Reed with DAL.

Bummer.

damn....would have loved to have Bray......

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #782570 04/28/13 01:49 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I was glad to see us pick up Chris Faulk OL LSU, he could be a Big surprise for us ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
clevesteve #782571 04/28/13 01:52 PM
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Stoneburner with GB. Bummer.

good for him though, Rodgers will find him, and he catches everything...so we'll see...

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
Pdawg #782572 04/28/13 01:58 PM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Cleveland Browns (Browns UDFA Analysis)
Jamaine Cook, RB, Youngstown State
Dave Kruger, DT, Utah
Josh Aubrey, DB, Stephen F. Austin
Braxston Cave, C, Notre Dame
Chris Faulk, OL, LSU
Perez Ashford, WR, Northern Illinois
Justin Staples, DE, Illinois
Caylin Hauptmann, OL, FIU
Ryan McWethy, S, Wisconsin-Platteville
Cordell Roberson, WR, Stephen F. Austin
Garrett Hopkins, TE, Eastern Michigan
Martin Wallace, OT, Temple
Travis Tannahill, TE, Kansas State
Ricky Tunstall, DB, Delaware
Aaron Adams, OT, Eastern Kentucky
Keenan Davis, WR, Iowa
Dominique Croom, WR, Central Arkansas
Zach Anderson, DE, Northern Michigan (Tryout)
Mike Niam, LB, Wofford (Tryout)

Well now we have two of the three Kruger brothers on the team. Probably would have grabbed Joe if he didn't get taken in the 7th by Philly. Then all we would need is for them to have a brother "Freddy" and we would be set to terrorize the NFL.

Hoping his brother Paul really pushes him and raises the bar for him to make the team.

Found this snippett:

Quote:

The Krugers plan to gather at the family home in Utah County to watch the draft. They plan to keep the gathering small.

“It’s just going to be the family and that’s it. We don’t really want anybody else there,” Dave said. “They’re the ones that have kind of been through the rough — and the highs and the lows — and just really pushed the boys. So just the family for draft day.”

It’s uncertain when one and/or both of the brothers might be taken in the three-day event. Paul expects Joe, a 6-foot-7, 280-pound defensive end, to be drafted. He puts Dave’s chances at 60 percent.

“I think somebody would be wise to pick him up,” Paul said of his 6-foot-5, 300-pound defensive tackle sibling. “He’s a darn good player and I think he’s going to shine in the NFL, a lot more than people expect. So we’ll see what happens. It’s definitely a toss-up.”

If Dave isn’t drafted, Paul has no doubt that he’ll be on a team within 30 minutes of Saturday’s conclusion.

“I can’t wait,” Paul added. “I just hope I get one of them in Cleveland.”

web page]Link

Last edited by Browns_Lonewolf; 04/28/13 02:13 PM.

Hears to hoping Dorsey is the Browns Ozzie Newsome.
Pdawg #782573 04/28/13 02:39 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There are some pretty intriguing names on that list of undrafteds we just signed.

Dominique Croom is a name to remember from this list. Former QB turned receiver, raw but o yea, this kid has a chance not just to make the practice squad but he could realistically be on the active roster come opening day.

Mourgrym #782574 04/28/13 03:40 PM
Legend
Legend
Ryan McWethy is my 2013 "Adopt an UDFA" player. I think that the lack of depth at the S position, combined with his size/speed/talent will allow him to grab a roster spot.

Currently we have Gipson, Ward, and Hagg at the Safety spots. I don't know how this staff sees Hagg. He struggled mightily last year, especially early on, and was replaced by Young for a while. I think that both Slaughter and another youngster have a shot at the roster .... and if Slaughter isn't 100% ready to go, then McWethy's chances just get that much better. (especially since he might be more of a SS type, especially with as strong as he is, and we need a backup there)

YTownBrownsFan #782575 04/28/13 04:31 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

I don't know Jack about these UDFA's but sight unseen the two that I want to stand out are Tannahill, TE from K State and Garrett Hoskins, TE/FB from Eastern Mich.
Hoping the team hits home runs with Tannahill as a TE and Hoskins as a FB.

dawg531 #782576 04/28/13 04:40 PM
Legend
Legend
I really wanted Stoneburner for us. Wish him luck. I think he brings some good stuff to GB.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #782577 04/28/13 04:50 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I really wanted Stoneburner for us. Wish him luck. I think he brings some good stuff to GB.

I agree, I think he would have been a great fit for the offense that we are looking to run.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
guard dawg #782578 04/28/13 08:16 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
I wonder about the tight end position, what does this mean as for Smelly's chances to make the team and get playing time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
KashDawg #782579 04/28/13 08:59 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Future Browns fans!

Why aren't they Browns fans now?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #782580 04/28/13 11:55 PM
Legend
Legend
J/C:

The top 30 UDFA, according to CBS. (We signed 2 off of this list, #17 Faulk and #19 Cave)

2013 NFL Draft: Top 30 undrafted prospects - CBSSports
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22153263/nfl-draft-top-30-undrafted-prospects

For various reasons, several talented prospects went undrafted this weekend, the most notable being Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray. As teams scramble to sign free agents, these are NFLDraftScout.com's top 30 prospects who didn't hear their name called in the 2013 NFL Draft:

1. QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee (6-6, 232, 5.05)

2. WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech (6-3, 217, 4.52)

3. QB Matt Scott, Arizona (6-2, 213, 4.69)

4. OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas (6-3, 312, 4.95)

5. OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford (6-3, 244, 4.91)

6. ILB Kevin Reddick, North Carolina (6-1, 243, 4.72)

7. OLB Lerentee McCray, Florida (6-2, 250, 4.74)

8. FS Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma (5-11, 213, 4.75)

9. OT Xavier Nixon, Florida (6-6, 321, 5.23)

10. OLB Etienne Sabino, Ohio State (6-2, 247, 4.75)

11. OLB Brandon Magee, Arizona State (5-11, 223, 4.74)

12. SS Cody Davis, Texas Tech (6-2, 204, 4.41)

13. FB Lonnie Pryor, Florida State (6-0, 227, 4.70)

14. DE Eric Martin, Nebraska (6-1, 237, 4.56)

15. RB Michael Ford, LSU (5-10, 210, 4.50)

16. CB Nickell Robey, Southern Cal (5-7, 169, 4.53)

17. OT Chris Faulk, LSU (6-5, 331, 5.08)

18. OLB Keith Pough, Howard (6-2, 239, 4.90)

19. C Braxston Cave, Notre Dame (6-3, 303, 5.33)

20. DL Lawrence Okoye (6-6, 308, 4.80)

21. WR Conner Vernon, Duke (6-0, 196, 4.68)

22. RB Cierre Wood, Notre Dame (5-11, 213, 4.56)

23. FB Zach Line, SMU (6-1, 232, 4.77)

24. TE Ryan Otten, San Jose State (6-5, 230, 4.73)

25. OLB Jake Knott, Iowa State (6-2, 243, 4.68)

26. WR Zach Rogers, Tennessee (6-0, 179, 4.49)

27. C P.J. Lonergan, LSU (6-3, 304, 5.38)

28. CB Johnny Adams, Michigan State (5-10, 185, 4.48)

29. DT Cory Grissom, South Florida (6-2, 306, 5.31)

30. CB Adrian Bushell, Louisville (5-10, 186, 4.58)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) UDFA's

Link Copied to Clipboard