Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Back to Gurley.

Did anyone find any information as to why he hasn't been able to stick w/a team?

After some googling, I'm going to say injuries and inconsistency are the culprits.

One of the above articles/reports mentioned speed and inability to get separation.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
This kid started his NFL life as an UDFA, and very few of those even make a team, let alone remain with a team for more than a year or 2. Every once in a while a guy sticks, and makes a strong contribution .... but most are replaced by better players in fairly short order.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Back to Gurley.

Did anyone find any information as to why he hasn't been able to stick w/a team?

He has to have some flaws. You don't generally find flawless players floating around in May, but then again, you don't generally find players without skills that keeps getting a look.

Maybe he finally grows in to what scouts have seen...from what I can tell it is probably measurables but he can't wrap his head around what needs to be done to tap in and take full advantage.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Kinda like Carlton Mitchell.
Everyone gets enamored with the measurables, so he keeps getting looks even though he never translates it to a field.

If nothing else, though, he's a big body for the DB's to practice against.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
j/c

I wonder how well his blocking skills are, if he does not have separation speed could he be used as a goal line WR? When you look at how the WR position is taking shape it seems like the Browns have a growing group of big body WRs.

Probably wont see a whole lot of four wide formations, but could be used at times with Gordon, Little, Bess and Gurley.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Quote:

Back to Gurley.

After some googling, I'm going to say injuries and inconsistency are the culprits.

Ah, but what if Chud wants him to do only one one thing? score touchdowns by leaping over other guys?

that sounds like a Chud thought. He just wants to win games, not just "build a running game" or "air it out".

I like the way he thinks - without comparing him to those guys, because he's too green of a head coach, I think he thinks like Lombardi and Tom Landry and Chuck Knox and "air" Coryell. (Don't flame me about that; i know he's not "like" those guys, i'm just saying i think some of the thoughts processes he has are similar). I think he has some surprises for other teams this year.

It looks like he's looking for particular skill sets. If a prospect doesnt have them, on the next guy...QUICKLY...thats another trademark of sucessful people in general.

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I wonder how well his blocking skills are, if he does not have separation speed could he be used as a goal line WR?

Fixed it for you.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign WR Tori Gurley

Link Copied to Clipboard