Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Yeah great series, glad it's over. Now we can finally talk some NBA draft, and forget that piece of celtic quitting trash LBJ for a while. As this draft gets closer, I'm getting more and more ambivalent to the players. There isn't anyone I feel that strongly about.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Can we please put away the whole argument about him needing other "superstars" to win? The guy carried that team to these last 2 championships. Dwyane Wade can be great, but you aren't a superstar if you only show up once in a series. Sorry.

Chris Bosh scored no points last night. Superstars don't go empty in a pivotal game 7, let alone a finals game 7. He's not a superstar.

Lebron's teams now are obviously better than what he had with the Cavs, but they aren't light years better.

This, pretty much. The amount he's elevated his game since he left Cleveland is unreal.

On a semi-related note, Bosh's game seems like it's not what it was, and certainly probably not what Miami expected when giving him that max deal. Career lows in points and rebounds this season, scoreless with five fouls in game 7, pretty much an afterthought in general, aside from a couple big plays in game 6. He's scheduled to make $60 million+ over the next three seasons. Any chance that Miami uses their amnesty provision to cut bait with Bosh?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LeBron is the best player on the planet.

He's still a little girl.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Quote:

Can we please put away the whole argument about him needing other "superstars" to win? The guy carried that team to these last 2 championships. Dwyane Wade can be great, but you aren't a superstar if you only show up once in a series. Sorry.

Chris Bosh scored no points last night. Superstars don't go empty in a pivotal game 7, let alone a finals game 7. He's not a superstar.

Lebron's teams now are obviously better than what he had with the Cavs, but they aren't light years better.

This, pretty much. The amount he's elevated his game since he left Cleveland is unreal.

I don't know about this guys. I was just having a similar discussion with some co-workers.

Can we agree that LeBron played below average until the 4th quarter of game 6? I think for the most part he did. But it wasn't just that he played below average, he looked defeated and lacking confidence. They should have lost game 6 and the series. If they had, LeBron would have been blasted to the moon for how awful he had played for the supposed best player in the game.

How he got a game 7 to redeem himself can only be described as 'lucky' or 'fortunate', IMO. He certainly capitalized, but the fine line between him being a dud and him being a stud was so fine I'm not even sure you could see it if it was in your face.

I guess I'm just not seeing it how he is unreal. He was incredibly lucky to even have the opportunity of a game 7.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

And I'd happily take him back in a heartbeat. (especially with the young talent we have on this team, and the ability to add a 2nd "superstar contract", if desired)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

And I'd happily take him back in a heartbeat. (especially with the young talent we have on this team, and the ability to add a 2nd "superstar contract", if desired)

I can't root for him.

I didn't like him in Cleveland. I don't like him now. I think he's a disgrace to the NBA.

I'll root for the Cavs regardless. I won't welcome him back with open arms.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Can we agree that LeBron played below average until the 4th quarter of game 6? I think for the most part he did. But it wasn't just that he played below average, he looked defeated and lacking confidence.

I think the entire Miami team looked a bit beat through the first three games. I'm sure it had a lot to do with going the distance against the Pacers and having two days off to San Antonio's nine. He looked pretty damn good in games 4 and 5.

Quote:

They should have lost game 6 and the series. If they had, LeBron would have been blasted to the moon for how awful he had played for the supposed best player in the game.

Probably. I think that Ray Allen three to tie the game was like a splash of cold water to the face. Up to that point he seemed resigned to the fact that he was carrying the team and that it wouldn't be enough despite his best efforts.

Quote:

How he got a game 7 to redeem himself can only be described as 'lucky' or 'fortunate', IMO. He certainly capitalized, but the fine line between him being a dud and him being a stud was so fine I'm not even sure you could see it if it was in your face.

I guess I'm just not seeing it how he is unreal. He was incredibly lucky to even have the opportunity of a game 7.

You'd never catch me discounting how much of a role luck plays in any team winning a championship in any sport.

His pure basketball talent is unreal, though. I don't know how anyone could dispute that. Say what you want about drive, desire, heart, whatever...the talent is undeniable.

As for him coming back to Cleveland, I'm indifferent. I love his game when things are going well for him, and I hate it when they're not...for all of the great basketball plays, there's a pretty steady stream of flopping, crying about no-calls and berating the officials, and I'm not down with that sort of thing.

I think with this second title, it further cements him in remaining with Miami for the duration of his contract options, if not longer. When Wade and Bosh are gone, some young phenom is going to be chomping at the bit to get to play alongside him. Wouldn't surprise me if it's Kyrie.

It will be very interesting to see if Kyrie signs a max deal, or any extension at all, after next season.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

+1

Tackles are tackles.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Guys, DRAFT. NBA draft. Enough about lbj, honestly.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

On a semi-related note, Bosh's game seems like it's not what it was, and certainly probably not what Miami expected when giving him that max deal. Career lows in points and rebounds this season, scoreless with five fouls in game 7, pretty much an afterthought in general, aside from a couple big plays in game 6. He's scheduled to make $60 million+ over the next three seasons. Any chance that Miami uses their amnesty provision to cut bait with Bosh?

Bosh got turned into a jump shooter. He used to have a nasty spin move in the post but hasn't used it once since being in Miami.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/clevela...amp;feedID=3725

Quote:

NBA Report: Interest strong at lottery top
SAM AMICO |
Published: Friday, June 21, 2013, 3:23pm | 0 Comments

THE HOTTEST
Check out the hottest dancers in the NBA. Which ones are your favorite?
News and notes from around the NBA, particularly as they relate to Thursday’s draft:

• Interest is building league-wide in lottery picks, particularly in the Cleveland Cavaliers’ first overall pick -- and even more so in the second and third overall selections, owned by the Orlando Magic and Washington Wizards, respectively, sources said.

• After attempting to work on something big, the Cavs’ recent discussions have been described by one inside source as “exploratory (and) touching base, but nothing serious.” The source indicated that some of those conversations have taken place with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

• A Sirius Radio report earlier in the week said the Cavs and Timberwolves were “on the verge” of making a trade in which the Cavs would send the No. 1 pick to Minnesota for forward Derrick Williams and the ninth pick. That was never true.

• Williams was the second overall pick (behind Kyrie Irving) in 2011, and his pro career has been fairly uneven and somewhat disappointing. The majority of his struggles have come defensively, as he’s too small too guard power forwards and not quick enough for small forwards.

• Talent-evaluators, including some employed by the Cavs and Timberwolves, feel that Williams is “too stiff” on defense. However, if Williams were a little lighter, and “coached up” by the right staff, many around the league feel he could be an adequate defensive small forward.

• Regardless, outside of power forward Kevin Love and point guard Ricky Rubio, the Timberwolves view Williams (and the No. 9 pick) as the piece that can land them in the top three of the draft.

• While everyone expects the Washington Wizards to draft D.C. product and Georgetown small forward Otto Porter if he’s available, he’s no shoe-in. The Wizards are actually debating between Porter and UNLV forward Anthony Bennett, according to one source.

• Indiana guard Victor Oladipo was described by one source as “explosive” during his workout with the Cavs. That’s a little different than the finding related to Kansas guard Ben McLemore. Sources said McLemore didn’t “lay down the effort” of Oladipo.

• That said, as of earlier in the week, it was believed Oladipo was not in the equation for the Cavs at No. 1 pick. He could be a possibility in a trade-down scenario, however.

• According to one report, the Cavs and Boston Celtics are discussing a trade involving the Cavs’ two second-round picks (Nos. 31 and 33) for Celtics forward Paul Pierce. FOX Sports Ohio has been unable to confirm that report.

• The Milwaukee Bucks have also had conversations with the Celtics about Pierce, sources said.

• Whether the Pierce rumors are true or not, there’s little doubt the Cavs have had discussions about trading their second-rounders and 19th overall selection to move up in the draft.

• Memphis Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley Jr. told FOX Sports Florida that former No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden is interested in signing with the Heat. Conley and Oden are close from their time together in high school and at Ohio State. Oden is expected to meet with Heat president Pat Riley when the free-agent negotiating period begins July 1.

Twitter: @SamAmicoFSO

Legend
Legend
Quote:

• According to one report, the Cavs and Boston Celtics are discussing a trade involving the Cavs’ two second-round picks (Nos. 31 and 33) for Celtics forward Paul Pierce. FOX Sports Ohio has been unable to confirm that report.

No. Talk about mailing it in. Can you imagine Pierce on the Cavs? Ugh.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I think Paul Pierce is better competitor than that. Least I would hope so. I don't see him as a Baron Davis/Shawn Kemp type. Though don't think that will happen, think the fact he's been a celtic his entrie career means something. Don't see him going anywhere.

Legend
Legend
So what would you guys think about 19, and both 2nd rounders for Marion and 13?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You're giving up way too much. Dallas wants out of that Marion contract to make a free agent run. Plus, those picks at 31 and 33 probably have more value than picks at the end of the first round because of the ability to flexible with those contracts to teams against the cap.

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
I agree that I'd try to get the deal w/o the 19 included, but, at the end of the day, if we did that deal, I wouldn't be upset either.

Len/Noel at 1
SF at 13 (to backup Marion)

Then re-sign Livingston or pickup a FA backup PG. That's a likely playoff team in the East (if we can actually stay healthy).

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know about this guys. I was just having a similar discussion with some co-workers.

Can we agree that LeBron played below average until the 4th quarter of game 6? I think for the most part he did. But it wasn't just that he played below average, he looked defeated and lacking confidence. They should have lost game 6 and the series. If they had, LeBron would have been blasted to the moon for how awful he had played for the supposed best player in the game.

Stop. Just stop.

Look... I am a Cleveland guy through and through, and was (calmly) rooting for the Spurs, but you and I clearly didn't watch the same series.

25/11/7 on 45/35/80 shooting for the series against the Spurs, with IMO the best coach, best schemes, and one of the best wing defenders (Leonard) and defensive bigs (Duncan) in the league... in what world is that not a great series??

The Lebron hate has clouded so many peoples' judgements it's insane. From two ball dominant players can't work (until we drafted Kyrie and Dion, then it was all about the Princeton offense) to them supposed to lose every series to refs/nba is rigged to every asanine comment on Cavs forum about Lebron being **********, it's a joke and it's embarrassing to Cleveland fans. You don't like the guy... get over it. Seriously. I don't like the way the guy left either but it has been three full seasons and if you still dwell over it you are probably a loser. Just being real here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I don't like the way the guy left either but it has been three full seasons and if you still dwell over it you are probably a loser. Just being real here.

I woke up today and had the same life that I had before I woke up today, and I still have the same personal problems that I had before today.

Meanwhile LeBron is going to go on winning championships whilst telling the media "To Get the F outta my face" And I'm stuck here, in the real world being me.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Hey, maybe what I said was a bit over the top. If you want to attach my post to LBJ's infamous quotes from a couple years ago, it is what it is. Nice catch.

I see a lot of people who are attaching their personal happiness to a certain team, made up of players who they have never met, losing a series. That really isn't what sports is about. Someone made the comment earlier to check your facebook feed and see the quality of people who are rooting for the Heat. Honestly I just see a lot of people whining about the Heat winning/Spurs losing.

Heck, RCF is one of the best sports forums I have ever read, and the NBA finals thread is 260 pages of Anti-Heat, refs suck, Lebron bashing BS. (Almost) Every. Single. Post. I can post links if you are really interested, but I doubt that I will have to. Like I said before, it is time to move on.

The Heat are easily the most likely team to win the Finals in 2014. If that really upsets you, my advice is to just stop following NBA basketball. It will probably save you a lot of personal grief.

Legend
Legend
How do you feel about the Browns? Apathetic? Pretty sure the fit that "give grief" part

R
Legend
Legend
R
Easy there tiger. I would quote the numerous inaccuracies in your post if I wasn't on my iPad.

First, I never said it wasn't a great series so just stop. Please just stop.

Second, I think LeBron is an amazing player.

Third, I'm not a Cavs fan.

But go ahead and keep making assumptions and getting all self righteous.

If you can't admit the Heat were fortunate to get a game 7, then you're not being honest. If you don't think LeBron would have taken a ton of crap if they lost, then you are just arguing for argument's sake. He was already taking some heat for what appeared to be a lack of confidence. Sure he still got numbers but he was shooting a horrible percentage and was playing substandard for the supposed best player in the game. After the spectacle a few years ago, he would have gotten absolutely destroyed by the media if they lost game 6.

I can't stand the guy and wasn't a big fan when he was in Cleveland. Like I said I'm not a Cavs fan. I wanted him to lose because I can't stand the arrogance of him or Wade. And I really like the way the Spurs play.

But nothing I said was wrong or a stretch or particularly over the top. Maybe you own a jump to conclusions mat.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Easy there tiger. I would quote the numerous inaccuracies in your post if I wasn't on my iPad.

First, I never said it wasn't a great series so just stop. Please just stop.

Second, I think LeBron is an amazing player.

Third, I'm not a Cavs fan.

But go ahead and keep making assumptions and getting all self righteous.

If you can't admit the Heat were fortunate to get a game 7, then you're not being honest. If you don't think LeBron would have taken a ton of crap if they lost, then you are just arguing for argument's sake. He was already taking some heat for what appeared to be a lack of confidence. Sure he still got numbers but he was shooting a horrible percentage and was playing substandard for the supposed best player in the game. After the spectacle a few years ago, he would have gotten absolutely destroyed by the media if they lost game 6.

I can't stand the guy and wasn't a big fan when he was in Cleveland. Like I said I'm not a Cavs fan. I wanted him to lose because I can't stand the arrogance of him or Wade. And I really like the way the Spurs play.

But nothing I said was wrong or a stretch or particularly over the top. Maybe you own a jump to conclusions mat.

I am looking forward to seeing those inaccuracies.

You're right, you didn't say anything particularly over the top. It's just every post you make is about how Lebron is average/soft/defeated and Pop made this awful decision not to have Duncan in at the end of game 6. You say you love to watch the Spurs but do you realize that Duncan usually sits in those types of situations? They have been doing it all year. He is not a wing defender. They wanted a guy with a little more speed and lateral quickness to get out and contest shots (pretty sure Diaw was in?)

Anyway, the end of game 6 was extremely flukey. It is what it is. The Spurs could have won it there and Lebron would have still been the best player in the series. I am not going too far down this defending Lebron road but the Spurs were brazenly packing the paint at many points in the game and putting their ace wing defender on him for long stretches. Ever notice how the Heat were getting so many wide open 3s?

Anyway, I apologize for singling you out. It just gets old seeing the same hate filled, agenda driven BS over and over again (and I'm not describing your posts as that, just a lot on the Cavs board I read and in conversations with friends, etc.) It's probably best we just move on and talk about the draft lol.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

How do you feel about the Browns? Apathetic? Pretty sure the fit that "give grief" part

Love 'em. But I'm not going to sulk all week after a loss.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

Guys, DRAFT. NBA draft. Enough about lbj, honestly.

Just Clicking! Can I just say one thing about the NBA Finals Playoff and " Championship Ring that the Miami Heat just got, and how they got it. Because this is a teachable moment!
Let me preface my argument by saying, I don't watch Basketball much as a rule, and though I did make a note of who won each game of this final series between the Spurs and Heat, I only pretty much watched most of game #6, and game # 7.
Now the argument!. The Miami heat won this championship because they THREW LONG!!!. Look I will truly believe the Spurs were the better coached team and played the better games, mostly because everytime the series was tied, 0-0, 1-1, and 2-2, they won the next game.
When it comes to basketball, the 3 point shot is the equalivant to a long pass in football. Now the Spurs on defense had pretty much been taking away the inside dunks, and driving the basket, they even mastered how to knock the ball out of Lebrons hands without fouling him. They were saying if your gonna beat us you'll have to do it with the outside jump shot.

Defense didn't win the championship, because in Game 6 the Heat (both teams) had played the great defense, but the Spurs were getting the quick drive the basket points better. Game 6, at the end, Lebron had to try a 3pt shot, missed it, ... luckily a teammate got the rebound, Lebron tried a 2nd 3pt shot and made, it. Later Ray Allen had to make a 3 point shot, necessary to force the overtime. Then in game 6 Chris Bosch had to defend a 3pt shot at the very end of the game. To get the 103-100 victory.

The point is that Throwing Long won the Championship.

In game 7, each team did what the did in the previous games. The Spurs drove the lane and actually had a good strategy in getting fouls on the heat early. Bosch had 2 fouls very early in the game and the Spurs were set for the 1 n 1 mid first half. Dwayne Wade was firing, hitting 2 pointers, Lebron was doing what he does, the game was still close. The only thing that turned the tied was the 3 point shot. About 4 minutes into the 2nd half, LeBron backed up and shot a 3, and from that point on the whole heat team seemed more focused on getting 3 point opportunities. Even so, the things the Spurs were doing, and doing better, like driving the lane, getting the defensive foul call, and a 3pt play with the foul shot, stopped the heat from pulling away.

The Heat had to continue on with the focus on 3 point opportunities, and 3 point shots that went in, in order to win the freaking game 7 and championship.

The 3 point shot in Basketball is equal to the long pass in Football.

Just remember the Miami Heat have a championship ring, and the Spurs do not, because the Heat Threw Long. End of argument.

That's the whole point I've been trying to Make here for the past 17 and a half years!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
In all the years you've been on here, you actually make sense. The 3 ball is the ultimate equilalizer.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

In all the years you've been on here, you actually make sense. The 3 ball is the ultimate equilalizer.

If a team like Miami is going to live and die by the three, then that's not a bad way to go down.

If Leonard hits a free throw, then the Spurs win in 6 and we attribute their 3 point shooting for the win.

Turnovers killed the Spurs.

And if you can get big offensive rebounding from Bosh and Birdman ... you don't need much more than that if you're the Heat.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Guys, forget LBJ. DRAFT, CAVS. Jesus it's not that hard.

Legend
Legend
Is there some reason why they cannot draft well, and try to bring James back when he becomes available? I don't see the 2 as mutually exclusive.

James will be the biggest talent available when he becomes a free agent. He is the single biggest reason the Heat just won their 2nd Championship. If the Cavaliers can bring him back, more power to them. If he comes back, it makes winning a Championship far more likely.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Be calm.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I'm sorry.

I thought it might be OK to talk about the NBA Finals in a thread with the words 'NBA Playoffs' in the title.

Should we make separate threads to discuss the Finals and the draft?

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Quote:

I'm sorry.

I thought it might be OK to talk about the NBA Finals in a thread with the words 'NBA Playoffs' in the title.

Should we make separate threads to discuss the Finals and the draft?

Might as well talk Couch V Holmcomb. Get over it. Move on dude. Cavs. Draft. IMO there should be seperate threads for yo u to cry about LBJ. I'm sick of it. Don't want to read it. I want to read about the draft and Cavs.

Legend
Legend

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quoteé

Get over it. Move on dude. Cavs. Draft. IMO there should be seperate threads for yo u to cry about LBJ. I'm sick of it. Don't want to read it. I want to read about the draft and Cavs.

I'm not crying about LBJ. I'm discussing the NBA Finals, which ended on Thursday, in the thread about the NBA playoffs.

If you don't want to read about something in the forum it's meant for, I suggest you skim over it.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Humorous that the poster saying that we all need to get over Lebron has a board sig about Lebron.

Legend
Legend
I still want Demarcus Cousins regardless of him being a head case. I just wonder what his price tag trade wise would be.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Wojnarowski: Rivers to Clippers

http://t.co/5aLamsiEGe

Also a report the Cavs have offered a deal to Boston for Pierce

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Highly doubt the Celtics do the deal. Least from what I heard on Bill Simmons podcast with Ryen Russilo on the Father's Day podcast. Said that the Celtics owners and Pierce both felt that being with the celtics his entire career was a big deal.

N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
j/c

anyone else find it crazy that the Clippers left the pick unprotected? didn't they learn their lesson with Kyrie?

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Highly doubt the Celtics do the deal. Least from what I heard on Bill Simmons podcast with Ryen Russilo on the Father's Day podcast. Said that the Celtics owners and Pierce both felt that being with the celtics his entire career was a big deal.

I hope that's the case because I don't really want Pierce.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I'd guess that a protected pick wouldn't get the job done, and that they're rolling the dice that Doc will have them in the playoffs, which I don't think is too much of a stretch unless Chris Paul leaves.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs, NBA Playoffs, and the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard