Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

I saw Nelson play some when he was healthy. A big target with very good hands from what I saw.

I think if he can stay healthy that he may be a huge surprise to some.

I'm thinking this too.

Anyone know how fast this guy is?

I'm becoming increasingly worried that Gordon is gonna screw us. It's just not a good thing to have such an important guy in our system be such a volatile person. He's failed expectations on several occassions and isn't showing any stability even now. 1 and done for a guy like that is precarious to say the least.

I just find it really hard to rely on a guy like that - especially given his apparent non-chalance in the face of a huge test of character.

As for the confusion on his status with the league, the best explaination I've heard is that he has NOT been in violation of the league substance abuse violation policy more than once. He entered essentially on probation due to several infractions at the collegiate level. While they say that College records don't follow you, they don't. But your status can be elevated, you just can't be punished from college records. Reports that he was found in violation twice is untrue and sloppy reporting.

If he were actually found in violation twice, he would never have had the suspension reduced in half.

The NFL is secretive about this stuff so we'll never know with 100% certainty, but this seems like the most likely deal.

Last edited by redddog; 07/31/13 01:15 PM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
4.54 40 yard dash time, however before the injury. Possibly slower now of course.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If he were actually found in violation twice, he would never have had the suspension reduced in half.

\From everything I can find, that simply is not the way it works.

If he tested positive for the same substance twice, then he would not have had his suspension reduced. If he had tested positive for PED he would not have had his suspension reduced. If he tested positive for one banned substance, and then tested positive for a different banned substance, and neither was a PED, then his suspension could be reduced. This is the most likely scenario, and is what he has admitted to. (not the 1st positive test, but the 2nd for a prescription)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Sounds like Haden through 5 practices is the mvp so far. Been all over the field like a ball hawk. I like that!

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
D
Legend
Legend
D
No suspension, no reason for Haden not to be pro-bowl bound.

Although I just saw an article on nfl.com about changing the Pro-bowl format...

Legend
Legend
Cleveland Browns GM Michael Lombardi has seen growth in Brandon Weeden and Josh Gordon

Cleveland Browns GM Michael Lombardi addressed several issues in a meeting with reporters on Wednesday.

By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
on July 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM, updated July 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns general Mike Lombardi has seen growth in two players he sharply ciriticzed when he was a NFL Network analyst: quarterback Brandon Weeden and receiver Josh Gordon.

"I think everybody that practices football has really good days and they have some bad days and I think everything's a learning experience,'' said Lombardi in a rare group interview at training camp. "I think he clearly has proven in the offseason that he's gotten better at everything they've asked him to do. So, every day is about getting better and I think that's what a lot of players are doing.''

He declined to comment on Gordon's knee injury -- he's sitting out the second straight practice today with patellar tendinitis -- but has been happy with his progress in the system.

"I’m excited to see Josh’s development as a player,'' he said. "I think he’s shown this offseason a great attitude and I’m looking forward to being a part of that. I think he’s got to demonstrate that (and) continue on. I think that’s what he wants to do. He wants to be a good player.''

Some visitors to camp, including Sports Illustrated's Greg Bedard, sharply criticized Gordon for loafing during practice. Has Lombardi seen that?

"I think josh, like a lot of players, has come out here to try to get better every single day and I think that’s been really important,'' Lombardi said.

Lombardi and CEO Joe Banner have brought in two quarterbacks to compete with Weeden in Campbell and Hoyer. So far, neither has received first-team reps, but Lombardi has liked what he's seen from both.

"Jason's an experienced player and we felt like before when we signed him, coach (Rob Chudzinski), Joe and everybody in the organization felt like that experience could certainly help an organization,'' said Lombardi. "I think he’s proven … he’s come in here, worked hard, he knows the system, he’s getting better with every single rep. so it’s a long way to go for everybody as they learn it.''

He said Hoyer's experience as a backup, mostly to Tom Brady, was a deciding factor in bringing him in.

"He works hard and he’s a competitive kid,'' said Lombardi. "So it was an opportunity to add somebody to keep improving in that area and give him an opportunity.''

Lombardi declined to say if he still feels like it's a competition at quarterback.

"My job is to evaluate the players, Chud’s job is to coach the team and handle all that,'' he said. "So I think that’s really important for him.''

Lombardi made no promises that first-round pick Barkevious Mingo will be in the starting lineup on opening day. He said playing time for the rookies is more important than who's introduced.

"I think Mingo is a lot like he was at LSU,'' said Lombardi. "He plays hard, he's kind of symbolic of what we're trying to acquire here, players in terms of plays hard, plays with passion, athletic, can run and obviously he has a long way to go to learn his craft as a player, and he's out here working every day to get better and that's the only way you can do it.''

He acknowledged it'll be hard for Mingo to be equally adept at both stopping the the run and rushing the passer, "but the coaches will think (of) a role for him and I think Mingo will work hard at excelling in that role and I think one thing I've learned through my career is that players develop the skills within the system and I think he's got those skills to fit the system.''

He indicated that center Alex Mack, who's contract is up after this season, is a player the Browns would like to extend.
"I think Alex certainly has proven that he’s a good player on and off the field,'' said LOmbardi. "I think he stands for that and I think he has the ability to continue to play well. So he certainly fits the profile.”

More to come later on the Lombardi interview.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/07/cleveland_browns_gm_michael_lo_1.html

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It's a "fantasy draft" now done by a couple HOF'ers. That will actually help a guy like Haden make the pro-bowl, because it won't be done by fans who don't watch the Browns because we win 5 games a year.

D
Legend
Legend
D
What!?!? They let Lombardi speak to the public? Get back in your hole Lombardi! Hahaha...

Here's the video of his presser:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-cen...fb-3d4674f97434

Legend
Legend
Went to TC today ... I'll post more observations/notes later on tonight when I'm off my Ipad ... but Weeden was AWFUL today. AWFUL. Many people around me were saying it was his worst day of camp by far. Gordon didn't practice, so maybe that had a tiny effect. But it wasn't pretty.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

It's a "fantasy draft" now done by a couple HOF'ers. That will actually help a guy like Haden make the pro-bowl, because it won't be done by fans who don't watch the Browns because we win 5 games a year.

I didn't read it like that. I believe the players are selected as they always have. The draft you speak of is only to determine which team they are on.

I don't believe the two HOF'er and a couple of fantasy fans who play on NFL.com are the 4 people selecting who is a pro-bowl player.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

"My job is to evaluate the players

Gawd.. please no. Lombardi is the last guy I want doing that.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Cleveland Browns
Browns training camp snapshot: Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk praises Trent Richardson, Norv Turner
By Nate Ulrich Published: July 31, 2013

The Browns held their sixth full-squad practice of training camp today. Below is a glance at what unfolded.

Storylines: Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk was at the Browns’ headquarters to work as an analyst for NFL Network. Faulk met with Browns running back Trent Richardson after practice and offered him advice on several topics ranging from how to run routes to how to be smart with money. Faulk believes Richardson has special qualities. “It’s there,” Faulk said. “You saw it in college. It’s the reason that in a league that they’re starting to kind of devalue the position, he gets drafted so early. He has it in him. It’s in him to be great. He wants it. He’s never shied away from asking questions or letting you know what he don’t know because he understands that the things that you don’t know when you find them out, it makes it easier to become great.” Faulk also praised new Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner. “Unfortunately for you guys, he’s going to come in with these young guys and somebody else is going to give him another look as a head coach because he’s going to put up numbers,” Faulk said. “And he’s going to put up numbers against the Baltimore Ravens. He’s going to put up numbers against the Pittsburgh Steelers, against the Cincinnati [Bengals]. He’s going to put up numbers. This is just what he does. If you give him one side of the ball, one thing to worry about, the man is great at it. He’s not a good offensive coordinator. He’s a great offensive coordinator.” … Minutes before practice began, Browns General Manager Mike Lombardi held a news conference and publicly complimented quarterback Brandon Weeden for the first time since he became the organization’s personnel chief in January. Click here for more about Lombardi’s comments. … Owner Jimmy Haslam attended practice for the first time since it opened to the public July 25.

Position battles: Strong safety T.J. Ward was limited during team drills because he’s dealing with an injured hamstring, coach Rob Chudiznski said. With Ward ailing, undrafted rookie Josh Aubrey took some reps with the first-team defense. … Defensive end Billy Winn continued to fill in for Desmond Bryant, who’s dealing with back spasms, with the first-team defense, though Bryant participated in individual drills. … Free safety Johnson Bademosi worked with the first-team defense in place of Tashaun Gipson, who continued to sit out with a sprained shoulder. … Nose tackle John Hughes took first-team reps while Phil Taylor, who’s coming back from a strained calf, was limited. … Cornerbacks Chris Owens and Buster Skrine rotated with the first-team defense.

Highlights: Quarterback Brandon Weeden hit his hand on the helmet of outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard, but he threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jordan Cameron on the next play. … Wide receiver Greg Little broke up a would-be interception from Weeden pursued by cornerback Buster Skrine. … In red-zone team drills, Weeden completed three consecutive out routes to Little with cornerback Joe Haden in coverage. … Bademosi collided with Owens as Weeden threw a pass behind wide receiver Travis Benjamin. The ball was deflected and Bademosi intercepted it. … After Weeden checked down to running back Chris Ogbonnaya, Little told a ball boy, “It’s 7-11. I’m open all day.” … Taylor tipped a pass from Weeden near the line of scrimmage. … Inside linebacker Craig Robertson dropped an interception after cutting in front of Cameron. … Haden broke up a pass that Weeden intended for Benjammin. … Weeden completed a 50-yard touchdown to Benjamin on a post-corner route. Benjamin burned Aubrey’s coverage during the play. … Tight end Brad Smelley leaped to make an impressive catch from quarterback Brian Hoyer. … After Hoyer completed a pass to wide receiver Tori Gurley, undrafted rookie safety Kent Richardson appeared to hit him in the helmet, knocking him to the ground. … In a red-zone, seven-on-seven session, Weeden threw a touchdown pass to tight end Gary Barnidge in the back of the end zone. … Aubrey broke up a pass from Weeden near the goal line, and inside linebacker D’Qwell Jackson dived to picked it off. … Quarterback Jason Campbell connected with tight end Kellen Davis for a touchdown on a crossing route.

Injuries: Wide receiver Josh Gordon remained sidelined with patellar tendinitis in his knee, but coach Rob Chudzinski said he expects Gordon to return from action soon. “I expect him back within the next couple days,” Chudzinski said of Gordon. Chudzinski said Gordon did not undergo an MRI. “No, it’s tendinitis,” he said. … Running back Montario Hardesty (hamstring) returned to practice and received carries in team drills. … Rookie free safety Jamoris Slaughter (hamstring) was limited to individual drills. … Fullback Brock Bolen (calf) and offensive linemen Ryan Miller (concussion) and Chris Faulk (knee) were remained idle. Chudzinski said Miller is allowed to attend team meetings but hasn’t so far.

Thursday’s schedule: Practice from 4-6:30 p.m. For updates, call 877-627-6967.

http://www.ohio.com

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks bro.

I hated that we drafted TRich, but you know what, Faulk is right. TRich wants to be good. He has skills. He''ll work at it. While it may have been a stupid pick, the guy can still be productive for us and be a very good player. And before anyone questions me on that statement.............I will say one word: Value.

I am not getting a real good feeling out of this camp. I think guys like Weeden and Gordon and Taylor are disappointing. Too bad they are very, very important to our success this year. If all three falter, I hope Banner has the stones to cut them all.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

What!?!? They let Lombardi speak to the public? Get back in your hole Lombardi! Hahaha...

Banner was fooled by the dark glasses,

he thought he was Horton...

notice how fast Lomardi is talking? He knows this is not his spot,

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What's your issue with Taylor? Did I miss something? Do you have injury concerns or are you referring back to his college issues?

To me he seems to be a player with a lot of attitude. I took that as a good thing that he has some "nasty" in him.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not much of one. He's a guy that gives me bad vibes.

I wish he would work harder at his conditioning. He's gotten very tired--very fast--in all his games. He says some things that make me wonder about his character. Nothing big. Just hints, such as the quote about money he made when he was drafted. His play has been somewhat undisciplined.

I don't know......just a feeling. Him sitting out of camp might be totally legit. Then again, it may not be.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This:

Quote:

Went to TC today ... I'll post more observations/notes later on tonight when I'm off my Ipad ... but Weeden was AWFUL today. AWFUL. Many people around me were saying it was his worst day of camp by far. Gordon didn't practice, so maybe that had a tiny effect. But it wasn't pretty.

Then this:

Quote:

Highlights: Quarterback Brandon Weeden hit his hand on the helmet of outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard, but he threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jordan Cameron on the next play. … Wide receiver Greg Little broke up a would-be interception from Weeden pursued by cornerback Buster Skrine. … In red-zone team drills, Weeden completed three consecutive out routes to Little with cornerback Joe Haden in coverage. … Bademosi collided with Owens as Weeden threw a pass behind wide receiver Travis Benjamin. The ball was deflected and Bademosi intercepted it. … After Weeden checked down to running back Chris Ogbonnaya, Little told a ball boy, “It’s 7-11. I’m open all day.” … Taylor tipped a pass from Weeden near the line of scrimmage. … Inside linebacker Craig Robertson dropped an interception after cutting in front of Cameron. … Haden broke up a pass that Weeden intended for Benjammin. … Weeden completed a 50-yard touchdown to Benjamin on a post-corner route. Benjamin burned Aubrey’s coverage during the play. … In a red-zone, seven-on-seven session, Weeden threw a touchdown pass to tight end Gary Barnidge in the back of the end zone. … Aubrey broke up a pass from Weeden near the goal line, and inside linebacker D’Qwell Jackson dived to picked it off.

It sounds like a normal day early in camp where the offense had some decent success but the D did well against them. I wasn't there so I can't really say, but I don't know if you can call that "awful". JMHO

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
im not too worried. the defense is supposed to be ahead of the offense in training camp. the defense is reactive while the offense is trying to execute a new system and get their timing down and everything else.

i tend not to judge the team so much in camp, but rather the position battles and who is standing out individually.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Going to camp next Saturday, anxious to eyeball it all for myself.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I wish he would work harder at his conditioning. He's gotten very tired--very fast--in all his games. He says some things that make me wonder about his character. Nothing big. Just hints, such as the quote about money he made when he was drafted. His play has been somewhat undisciplined.

I don't know......just a feeling. Him sitting out of camp might be totally legit. Then again, it may not be.

Lol, if you were 350+ pounder playing as many downs as he did game in and game out when that offense kept going 3-and-out back to back, you'd get tired/gassed too bro... gotta keep in mind he was coming off injury too and never got to get his conditioning up to par..

I'm not too worried about his conditioning, but that is just me however. I think Hughes will benefit from his absence at camp (getting more reps) and Chud has labeled Phil as day-to-day. He'll be back soon and I feel it'll be a strong year for him, as well as the rest of the line... the rotation we have available should keep all our big guys fresh from snap one to snap end.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 08/01/13 11:34 AM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
For those wondering who will be snapping the ball to Peyton, looks like the temporary answer has been provided. Denver gets Lilja outta retirement and inks him for one year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...-1year-contract

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
hello tab, we had a lot of rain this morning, so we decided not to make the trip to Berea. thought that they would be indoors because of the rain. as it turned out its a great afternoon and would of been a nice day. sorry! i'll give you a report on the next trip.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Lol, if you were 350+ pounder playing as many downs as he did game in and game out when that offense kept going 3-and-out back to back, you'd get tired/gassed too bro... gotta keep in mind he was coming off injury too and never got to get his conditioning up to par..

I'm not too worried about his conditioning, but that is just me however. I think Hughes will benefit from his absence at camp (getting more reps) and Chud has labeled Phil as day-to-day. He'll be back soon and I feel it'll be a strong year for him, as well as the rest of the line... the rotation we have available should keep all our big guys fresh from snap one to snap end.

All very valid points. I'm hoping the best from Phil as well.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Gotchya on Taylor.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Watching All Bets are Off from training camp today. Pinkston is getting 1st team reps today at LG. Greco has worked some with the 2nd team at center.

Last edited by Pdawg; 08/01/13 06:22 PM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Watching All Bets are Off from training camp today. Pinkston is getting 1st team reps today at LG. Greco has worked some with the 2nd team at center.

Could that just be the Team trying to see what they have as backups?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I think so.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think so.

Very likely. Warhop has to have a Plan B in place in case of injury...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Browns: News and notes from Day 7 of training camp
Filed on August 1, 2013 by Scott Petrak

BEREA – The Browns had their seventh practice of training camp this afternoon.
Here are some notes and highlights:
** Receiver David Nelson stopped practicing early in practice.
“He felt his knee a little bit,” coach Rob Chudzinski said. “I don’t think it’s anything major. But we’ll get it checked and report back tomorrow.”
Nelson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the 2012 opener while playing with Buffalo. He only returned to practice last week and has been slowly working back into team drills.
He rubbed the right knee when he stopped and had it wrapped as he walked off the field after practice.
Nelson signed as a free agent in the offseason and would add size (6-foot-5, 215 pounds) and depth if he can get healthy.
** Receiver Josh Gordon (knee tendinitis) returned to practice and was a limited participant in team drills after missing Wednesday.
** Strong safety T.J. Ward sat out. Chudzinski said his hamstring was “a little tight.”
** Undrafted rookie Josh Aubrey filled in for Ward with the first-team defense and continued to impress the coaches.
** Running back Montario Hardesty (hamstring) was out again after practicing Wednesday.
** Free safety Tashaun Gipson (shoulder) was limited in his return.
** Defensive end Desmond Bryant (back spasms) participated in some team drills.
** Offensive lineman Ryan Miller (concussion), cornerback Trevin Wade (undisclosed) didn’t practice and offensive lineman Oniel Cousins (ankle) didn’t practice.
** Jason Pinkston worked at left guard with the first team, and John Greco took reps as the second-team center.
** Abdul Kennah intercepted third-string quarterback Brian Hoyer.
- See more at: http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2013/...h.HeTscb4q.dpuf

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Gordon back in action, fellow WR David Nelson has knee trouble
By Nate Ulrich Published: August 1, 2013

The Browns held their seventh full-squad practice of training camp today. Below is a glance at what unfolded.

Storylines: Wide receiver Josh Gordon returned to practice today after missing one and a half practices while dealing with patellar tendinitis in his knee. Gordon participated in team drills on a limited basis. “He got back out there for individual [drills],” Chudzinski said. “I saw him in one-on-ones and a little bit of limited team. He’s feeling better, and hopefully he continues to go that direction.” Gordon, the Browns’ No. 1 receiver who’s suspended for the first two regular-season games of the year after violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, was pulled from team drills Monday because his knee was bothering him. The Browns did not practice Tuesday, but he sat out when they resumed action Wednesday. Chudzinski said Gordon’s condition did not warrant an MRI. … Wide receiver David Nelson felt discomfort in his surgically repaired right knee during individual drills and removed himself from the action. Nelson unwrapped the knee and rubbed it. He remained on the field but did not participate in the rest of practice. As a member of the Buffalo Bills, Nelson tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the Sept. 9 season opener against the New York Jets. “David Nelson was just running routes earlier in practice and just felt his knee a little bit,” Chudzinski said. “I don’t that’ll be anything major, but we’ll get that checked and report back tomorrow with you.” Nelson was seen wearing a wrap on his right knee after practice.

Position battles: Undrafted rookie Josh Aubrey filled in for strong safety T.J. Ward with the first-team defense. Ward jogged to the locker room after practice. “T.J., his hamstring from yesterday was just a little bit tight, so [it was] more a preventive thing holding him today,” Chudzinski said. Aubrey, meanwhile, impressed. “He’s really developed since the spring,” Chudzinski said. “I’ve really noticed a big improvement and a guy that’s taking advantage. He’s getting his opportunities. He’s getting chances for reps, and he’s making good with them. That’s what you like seeing out of guys this time of year.” … Jason Pinkston worked at left guard with the first-team offense for the first time since camp opened. John Greco, who held that spot the previous six practices, practiced as a center with the second unit. Shawn Lauvao continued to line up at right guard with the first-team offense. … Free safety Tashaun Gipson (sprained shoulder) returned to practice and participated in individual drills, but he sat out team sessions. Johnson Bademosi filled Gipson’s spot with the first-team defense. … Bademosi fielded kickoffs, followed by cornerback Buster Skrine, wide receiver Travis Benjamin and running back Dion Lewis. Bademosi muffed a kick.

Highlights: Quarterback Brandon Weeden’s projected backups each threw an interception during team drills. Safety Kenronte Walker intercepted a pass from Jason Campbell, and cornerback Abdul Kennah picked off a pass from Brian Hoyer. … Outside linebacker Paul Kruger batted down a pass from Weeden near the line of scrimmage. … Hoyer and wide receiver Jordan Norwood connected for a deep completion during an 11-on-11 session. Safety Kent Richardson then tackled Norwood to the ground. … In one-on-one blocking drills, rookie outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo, the sixth overall pick in this year’s draft, used his speed to rush around undrafted rookie offensive tackle Martin Wallace for a simulated sack.

Injuries: Defensive end Desmond Bryant (back spasms) returned to team drills. … Running back Montario Hardesty (hamstring) sat out after returning to practice Wednesday. … Cornerback Trevin Wade (undisclosed) and fullback Brock Bolen (calf) were sidelined along with offensive linemen Ryan Miller (concussion), Chris Faulk (knee) and Oniel Cousins (ankle). … Rookie safety Jamoris Slaughter (hamstring) practiced but did not enter team drills.

Friday’s schedule: Practice from 4-6:30 p.m. For updates, call 877-627-6967.

http://www.ohio.com

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Anybody going tomorrow (Fri)? I'll be there with my son. If any of you want us to watch something in particular during the scrimmages, let me know. I plan on focusing on the receivers and db's during the drills (makes for the best pics).

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you can, please watch where the RB and TE/H-Back are lining up. I would highly doubt that in a practice open to the public, the coaches will give away much of their systems, but it would be interesting to see if we are going to throw in any read option or pistol offensive setups. Thanks...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 08/01/13 09:07 PM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Anybody going tomorrow (Fri)? I'll be there with my son. If any of you want us to watch something in particular during the scrimmages, let me know. I plan on focusing on the receivers and db's during the drills (makes for the best pics).

If there are any short shorts and halters, you might want to concentrate on that and share.

Have a good time my friend, I know you always get some good shots and give us a solid report. Wish I could go.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
seriously...the only thing better than short shorts is yoga pants

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Holmgren at Browns practice today. No word on if Haslem told him "Don't call me for playoff tickets" or not.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Holmgren? That's random...

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
I think he's in town for the Hall of Fame stuff and I know he has a gig for Sirius or XM or some other radio type thing.

Legend
Legend
Holmgren was probably just wondering why he hasn't gotten his past few paychecks ... Haslam had to tell him they were in the mail.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was listening to the radio on the way home. Only caught a bit of these two items, but one was a local reporter said Taylor should be cut. Anyone know who the reporter was? The second thing was that TRich got kicked in the shin and was injured. Is that true?

Oh, and you should have heard Boom--or whatever his name is--ripping on Holmgren. Hilarious.

Legend
Legend
Browns: News and notes from Day 8 of training camp
Filed on August 2, 2013 by Scott Petrak

BEREA – Browns running back Trent Richardson didn’t practice today after getting kicked in the shin Thursday, but said he’s fine and the coaches are just giving him a couple of days of rest.
“Ain’t no problem,” Richardson said. “Ain’t nothing, but he was just resting me a little bit and saying I was running a lot and it’s August.”
Richardson sat out part of the OTAs and minicamp with a muscle strain in his right shin. That’s the same shin that was kicked Thursday.
“Yeah, I got kicked. But football is football,” he said. “Ain’t no kick going to stop me from running. I might get kicked two years from now and I might have that same thing. It ain’t nothing to be worried about. Coach said it was already in the game plan for me to be scheduled to rest these next two days, I think he said. But I’ll be back out here Monday, whenever he said I would be back.”
Richardson, who has had a strong start to camp, will likely sit out Family Night on Saturday at FirstEnergy Stadium. But he has no doubts he’ll be ready for the preseason opener Thursday against the Rams.
“I’m going to play in all of them,” he said. “Coach knows that if it was a preseason game tomorrow or today, I’d be playing in it. If we were playing in the Hall of Fame game right now, I’d be playing in the game.
“It doesn’t matter. I’m playing in every game this year. That’s my word, and that’s what I’m going to do. That’s my goal.”
Other notes and highlights from practice:
Former Browns president Mike Holmgren was a surprise guest at practice. He chatted with owner Jimmy Haslam, CEO Joe Banner and general manager Michael Lombardi.
Holmgren wasn’t retained after Haslam and Banner took over last fall.
“Actually I just came in for the Hall of Fame,” Holmgren said. “Hope to see (Bill) Parcells and (Warren) Sapp and Cris Carter and all of those guys that I coached against all those years.
“I was driving by the facility and I thought practice would be over and I was going to sneak in, just going to sneak in and sneak out.”
Holmgren said he’s living in California and doing some Seattle radio. But he misses the game “tremendously.”
** Receiver David Nelson didn’t practice after tweaking his surgically repaired knee Thursday. Coach Rob Chudzinski said Nelson felt better today and is day-to-day.
** Safety T.J. Ward (hamstring), running back Montario Hardesty (hamstring tendon), tight end Brad Smelley (hamstring), cornerback Trevin Wade (tightness), offensive lineman Oniel Cousins (ankle), offensive lineman Ryan Miller (concussion) and fullback Brock Bolen (calf) didn’t practice.
** Free safety Tashaun Gipson (shoulder) returned to team drills in a limited role. He came up gingerly after an awkward landing on his ankle, but appeared fine running off the field after practice.
** Punter T.J. Conley shanked the first attempt of a special teams drill into the crowd and almost out of the facility.
** Former Browns defensive lineman Michael Dean Perry watched practice and talked to the defensive linemen.
** Union chief DeMaurice Smith and broadcaster Jim Nantz attended practice.
** Jason Pinkston worked at right guard with the first team and John Greco at left guard. Shawn Lauvao was the second-team center.
** Rookie kicker Brandon Bogotay went 3-for-4 on field goals in the two-minute drill, as veteran Shayne Graham got the day off.
- See more at: http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2013/...h.OqMpPDBo.dpuf

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Training Camp Stuff 2013

Link Copied to Clipboard