Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Legend
Legend
D
I probably don't give enough props to Lewis, maybe because I never really thought of him as one of our guys. But I still think Hillis was better than Lewis in their respective banner years. When Hillis had his big year, the opposition DC didn't really even have to gameplan for much else, and he still rocked.

JMO.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

For one season, Hillis was as good a RB as we've seen since the days of Byner and Mack.

Jamal Lewis, 2007:

298 carries, 1,304 yards, 9 TD's, 4.4 YPC, 4 fumbles

Peyton Hillis, 2010:

270 carries, 1,177 yards, 11 TD's, 4.4 YPC, 8 fumbles

That's nitpicking a bit, but Lewis doesn't get enough respect for that season. I think it's because he's a Raven legend.

I'll never forget that TD run against the Jets.

And the one agains the Bills was epic as well. Although I'll say Trent probably has as many highlight plays as Lewis his time here just in 1 season. Hillis also had quite a few showy plays, but all of us in Cleveland know flashy plays don't win games. Now let's see if he can do the consistency part as well :-P

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Nothing more needs to be said.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Madden Cover.... nothing else to say.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
His hit on that one Cinci safety was the best. The look on that guy's face was priceless.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

Madden Cover.... nothing else to say.

It really is a shame. Hillis was a rock star in Cleveland after his first season with us then his ego ruined a good thing he had. I really think he could have been something to the Browns had he been mentally mature and capable to handle stardom.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
he turned down 25 million to make 3 million...he was hoping for 50 or so mill...

i wish he would of took the 25 and we had him over hardesty....
i think hardesty learned alot from hillis....the head down and run straight thing

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
D
Legend
Legend
D
JC

Fact is, he's bounced from team to team. Mike didn't like him when he was a Bronco. He's bounced agents. He's bounced from first string, to second now all the way to fourth. Some of the things he's said to the public...

I mean, what more evidence does one need to label this guy a head case? I hope he enjoyed selling some jerseys here and the Madden cover and all that fame flooding his brain - cause it's likely the last time he'll ever get that sort of praise it seems. Back to where he was in Denver, on a team that likely doesn't want him and a coach that doesn't respect him, nor play him. He's just there "in case".

All JMO.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Hillis just signed for the veterans minimum with the Buccaneers. Should be a nice fit behind Doug Martin in TB. He certainly cost himself a lot of money after turning down the 4 year 16 million dollar deal from the Browns two years ago.

so the bum is now working for $750K? Oh Karma thou doest feeleth so sweet...

That's still about $700K more than me, I guess karma either doesn't hate him much or is getting back at me for something.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hillis just signed for the veterans minimum with the Buccaneers. Should be a nice fit behind Doug Martin in TB. He certainly cost himself a lot of money after turning down the 4 year 16 million dollar deal from the Browns two years ago.

so the bum is now working for $750K? Oh Karma thou doest feeleth so sweet...

That's still about $700K more than me, I guess karma either doesn't hate him much or is getting back at me for something.

LOL.....good point.

I hope it works out for the guy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Its such a shame, that one season he sure was fun to watch

My son in law bought me a Hillis Jersey and now I very seldom wear it.Wore it proud for a year though.

D
Legend
Legend
D
He was injured during the first preseason game. I think someone hit him and it brought back his flu

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think we need to quit making fun of the guy and in a silent way be happy the guy got nicked.

Karma can be a bear. I hope he mends soon and has a nice career with the Bucs.

JMO

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

hope he mends soon and has a nice career with the Bucs.

Looks like you may get your way. Report says minor injury and that he just hyper extended his knee on the hit he took:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...uccaneers-debut

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Hillis Still Looking for Work

Link Copied to Clipboard