Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This may be the most fantastic post i've ever seen.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

This may be the most fantastic post i've ever seen.

So good, it should go in the archieves me thinks

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Nice to see Jaws had positive review after lookn at the tape.

Local ESPN radio guy last week said "I cant believe im about to say this... Weeden didnt look good. He looked FANTASTIC. I know I'm gonna get ripped for this."

His mechanics and timing looks way better. You can tell someone has finally showed him which/andhow to pass the ball on certain throws. I'm still waiting to see how he reacts once the season starts... concerned about his nerves, recognition, and if he has the ability to make proper adjustments. Which I thought Shurmur didnt allow him to do.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, it's settled then.

Two good preseason games and an endorsement from Jaws and we know this guy is a Pro Bowler.

Him throwing more picks than TDs NEVER happened. His rating of 35th overall in the qb rankings never occurred. He never struggled w/holding the ball forever. He wasn't inaccurate. He always saw open receivers. He consistently made big plays when it counted. He really threaded the needle on third down passes and rarely resorted to checking down for meaningless gains of 2-3 yards.

And anyone who questions any of that is obviously just a hater and doesn't know anything about football.

Glad that is settled.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't know about all that.

What I do THINK is that Weeden will show the proverbial 2nd year growth.

The game should slow down for him. the reads should come quicker. He's not a rookie. I could excuse some of his first year for that simple reason alone - he was a rookie. I do think we'll see big improvements from him - for 1 main reason: experience.

Now, his accuracy? Maybe an extra year will help with that as well. It's much easier to be accurate if you're not doubting yourself right up until the second you release the ball.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That was then, this is now.

I think the biggest difference will be Chud/Turner.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Lots of changes have happened since last year.. All the first two preseason gams give us is a reason to be encouraged by what we've seen. It doesn't guarantee success any more than past performance dictates future failure.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Okay, it's settled then.

Two good preseason games and an endorsement from Jaws and we know this guy is a Pro Bowler.

Him throwing more picks than TDs NEVER happened. His rating of 35th overall in the qb rankings never occurred. He never struggled w/holding the ball forever. He wasn't inaccurate. He always saw open receivers. He consistently made big plays when it counted. He really threaded the needle on third down passes and rarely resorted to checking down for meaningless gains of 2-3 yards.

And anyone who questions any of that is obviously just a hater and doesn't know anything about football.

Glad that is settled.

vers...you got a problem with Ron Jaworski's take on Weeden's rookie performance?

I do laugh at you when you post that Weeden's QB rating was 35th in the NFL...

...according to Sports Illustrated, Weeden ranked 33rd in QB rating...what is funny and you never mention this...just two positions ahead of Weeden is Ryan Tannehill and just "three" positions ahead of Weeden is Andrew Luck, who ranked 30th in the NFL in QB rating (76.5), just 2.9% points ahead of Weeden.

As you know, but never admit, Weeden's supporting cast was light on NFL experience with Gordon starting at one WR and Little, with 1 yr of NFL experience starting at the other WR spot. TE Ben Watson was the most experienced pass catcher in the starting lineup.

It was interesting that Jaws contacted Joe Banner about his review and assessment of Weeden's rookie season performance.

Hopefully Weeden will continue to improve ...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Okay, it's settled then.

Glad that is settled.

vers...you got a problem with Ron Jaworski's take on Weeden's rookie performance?

...according to Sports Illustrated, Weeden ranked 33rd in QB rating...what is funny and you never mention this...just two positions ahead of Weeden is Ryan Tannehill and just "three" positions ahead of Weeden is Andrew Luck, who ranked 30th in the NFL in QB rating (76.5), just 2.9% points ahead of Weeden.

As you know, but never admit, Weeden's supporting cast was light on NFL experience with Gordon starting at one WR and Little, with 1 yr of NFL experience starting at the other WR spot. TE Ben Watson was the most experienced pass catcher in the starting lineup.

It was interesting that Jaws contacted Joe Banner about his review and assessment of Weeden's rookie season performance.

Hopefully Weeden will continue to improve ...

I thought Weeden outplayed Luck in the bowl game and maybe slightly in the Indy game. I have to imagine his year would have been better if he was throwing to Reggie Wayne, who is one of the best veteran receivers in the NFL.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Now that I have read your post regarding Bard dawg...I'm a little scared.

Cause I understood him from day one.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend

Like I said: "The thinking man's poster"....

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Okay, it's settled then.

Because THATs the point people are trying to make...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Ah the preseason, where hyperbole runs rampant, and the slightest compliment becomes a booming endorsement for the Hall of Fame.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just wanted Weeden not to suck in preseason.
He has done more than I wanted.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
I think that he has shown improvement in almost every aspect of the game ..... which is what I wanted to see.

It's not the regular season, but thus far he appears much improved in a lot of areas that held him back last year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Okay, it's settled then.

Two good preseason games and an endorsement from Jaws and we know this guy is a Pro Bowler

I'm not fully onboard the "Weeden Bandwagon" either. I saw far too many mistakes last year to magically be justified over a single offseason and two preseason games.

However, to not say he has improved is also a bit far fetched. I see someone who is better than what I saw last year. I think he's ran more shotgun in this preseason than he had all regular season of last year (Pat's brilliance). Now whether he's this magically changed pro-bowl caliber QB that some people are seeing - ehhhhhhhhh it's questionable.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Check it out for yourself. Hope you have another good laugh.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

A board bare of Bard would be boring.

Alliteration....bravissimo!
Clemmy completely condones copious quantities of quality quips....

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Check it out for yourself. Hope you have another good laugh.

Or, 29th if you throw out the subjective garbage that is BSPN's QBR and just use the well established QB Rating.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/passing.htm

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

What are you, a Bardabee? :

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I hope you guys don't spend a lot of time debating 35th, 32nd, 29th.. none of them are any good.

Thing is that there are a lot of contributing factorsto that number... some Weeden could control and some he couldn't.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What are you, a Bardabee? :

HEY! -a lowly apprentice has to start somewhere....

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

But a board bereft of Bard's banter would be bromidic and bland .....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

bromidic and bland .....

Redundant and repetitious...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

bromidic and bland .....

Entirely effusive and expressive.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

bromidic and bland .....

Dang! You Dawgs are rough on each other-

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Clever Clemmy quotes

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Here is an radio interview with Bleacher Report's Matt Bowen on the Bull and Fox Show (92.3 The Fan). Most of it centers around his opinion of Weeden but it does discuss other Browns issues as well. Take it for what it is worth....

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/08/23...th-norv-turner/

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Kinda weird hearing media types speaking about the Browns in a positive manner. lol I have a feeling that this is going to be a fun season. We might not make the playoffs, but I think that we'll see a more explosive brand of Cleveland Browns football, one that will be a lot of fun to watch.

C
Legend
Legend
C
In this week alone I have heard three non-Cleveland media members (Bill Simmons and Matthew Berry of ESPN and Daniel Jerimiah of NFLN) say that we are a sleeper playoff team. To all these people I would like to say, "SHUT UP! WE ARE GOING TO SUCK! PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BROWNS! NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG!"

Legend
Legend
Quote:

In this week alone I have heard three non-Cleveland media members (Bill Simmons and Matthew Berry of ESPN and Daniel Jerimiah of NFLN) say that we are a sleeper playoff team. To all these people I would like to say, "SHUT UP! WE ARE GOING TO SUCK! PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BROWNS! NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG!"

I'd rather hear that ... because people have been saying that we'd suck for years ... and we have. Hopefully these guys know what they're talking about.

Legend
Legend

This may be a generalization but the Browns will be as good as Weeden plays.

Their defense was improving last year and this year with the investment in defensive players that will continue to improve.

TRich will be better if he stays healthy. The OL is a solid group. The receivers are ok as a group with Gordon having big upside.

The kicking game is a concern to me. Dawson was money. These guys are a total question mark especially in heavy weather games.

Sooo, it all comes back full circle. Weeden has to play well in order for the Browns to have any success.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Their defense was improving last year and this year with the investment in defensive players that will continue to improve.

TRich will be better if he stays healthy. The OL is a solid group. The receivers are ok as a group with Gordon having big upside.

The kicking game is a concern to me. Dawson was money. These guys are a total question mark especially in heavy weather games.

Sooo, it all comes back full circle. Weeden has to play well in order for the Browns to have any success.

+1 and I think he will.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

+1 and I think he will.

I think so too. I think that the Browns really did a lot of different stuff in this last game that threw the offense off rhythm. I think that we'll see more shotgun and screens/slants when the regular season starts.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think they have been hiding long passes to Benji.
At least I hope they have. I would love to see him burn some safeties while Gordon is out.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
It is really strange that they haven't done much with him at receiver in the preseason games. The reports throughout camp were all glowing as far as he was concerned. They all said how much improved he was, how his routes were crisper, and how he was catching everything thrown to him. Then the (preseason) games roll around and he all but disappeared. (as a receiver only 2 catches for 21 yards in 3 games)

I really hope that it's because they're hiding him and not that he just can't get open or run routes

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't think that's a generalization at all... in fact I think it's true for the majority of teams in the NFL right now. There are a couple teams like the Seahawks and 49ers that would probably win a lot of games with running the ball and defense but most teams are highly dependent on the play of their QB....

yebat' Putin
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Weeden is an average QB, not great, not horrible. He is not the QB that's going to lead us to a SB championship. That QB is still playing in college or for another NFL team.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Weeden is an average QB, not great, not horrible. He is not the QB that's going to lead us to a SB championship.

That's what they said about Joe Flacco after his first year.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Weeden is an average QB, not great, not horrible. He is not the QB that's going to lead us to a SB championship.

That's what they said about Joe Flacco after his first year.

COUGH COUGH trent dilfer COUGH COUGH

Joe Thomas #73
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Not Sold On Weeden?

Link Copied to Clipboard