Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Perhaps it means that he did not say what you claim he did? Because THAT is the point of your argument.

You claim he said 'black people are the problem'...he did not say that.

Simple as that.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

You forgot to mention the group you talked about earlier that you're not really in.

I know it's hard for you to keep up, but give it your best shot.

In order - "banned camp", "mentally unstable", pretty much everything you say, "I have sent you PMs", and you apparently don't understand the difference between a race of people and a series of problems within their community.

I can understand that.

Telling you that calling me a 'pathetic loser' is flirting with a ban is not a threat.

Saying I think you're mentally unstable is not an insult. Having a mental illness isn't anything to be ashamed about.

I have sent you several PM's about your odd behavior.

And what is this group thing you keep rambling about? Groups, decoder rings, teachers, ice cream cones?

Please, by all means, keep going, but if I was in a thread and someone told me that I was easy to rile up, and my retort was that I didn't care and I thought they were a joke... the absolute last thing I would do is melt down and start acting like an angry middle-school kid.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Perhaps it means that he did not say what you claim he did?

No, that is not what that comma signified.

May I make a suggestion?

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Book-Grammar-...eywords=grammar

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Is that where I will find where he used the words?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....hmmmm...still don't see the words...other than from you.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Your argument is devolving by the minute.

I'm getting bored with this, but I kind of want to see how dizzy you can spin yourself.

Could you please point me to where I said 'Nelson used the exact words 'black people are the problem'?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Can't do much else but smile.

And I never stated that he directly said anything.

My only use of the word in this thread was when I said:

Quote:

I show you where he did, directly.

What do you think that comma signifies?

Not certain. Can you expound?

I took it the way probably most people took it - that you meant he said it directly.

While you may fancy yourself a wordsmith, and a grammatical genius, (and by the way, Clemmy is the only wordsmith on here. His posts are music in words), can you explain exactly what you meant?

Or will you reply with some condescending, underhanded, glib jibe at me? Will you bring up the past.....? You do that so well. (honestly, at times I'm amazed at your memory and ability to ..........well, change subjects)

I guess we'll see. More than likely you'll reply with what I stated. You might even wish me well in my mental health. And, I'm sure you'll "mean it from the bottom of your heart".

Your posting style is just as known as anyone's. and for the record, I include me in that. Difference is, most people will admit when they're wrong.

I do enjoy reading your posts - more for the comedy aspect. Or, for the egomaniac aspect of them. Are you a comedian? Do you write for a comedian? (crap, I just sounded like PDR - sorry)

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Not to derail the fun here...but...you've still not explained to me why it appears that the Trayvon incident was a result of racial profiling.

The investigation did not result in such a conclusion but you have done so...but you aren't sure.

Did you see something there - some written words maybe - that no one else has seen? Again.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

While you may fancy yourself a wordsmith, and a grammatical genius,

I don't fancy myself as any sort of genius. I don't know why you continue to insist that. I have my theories.

And I make a living as a writer, so, yeah, I guess I consider myself a wordsmith of sorts.

Quote:

Do you write for a comedian?

I did, for five years, but I'm not in television anymore.

Do you really want to go down this road? It seems every time I ask that question, we do, but I don't think it's such a hot idea. Opening day is less than two weeks away. Don't miss it because you throw one of your temper tantrums.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
While it might not be grammatically correct, you will often see writers use commas in situations like that for emphasis.

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

I ask what's extreme about saying his statements boiled down to 'the problem is black people'.

You claim he didn't say or imply that.

I show you where he did, directly.

I would send you a link to explain what bold means but I'm too busy looking for the comma, directly.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Your argument is devolving by the minute.

I'm getting bored with this, but I kind of want to see how dizzy you can spin yourself.

Could you please point me to where I said 'Nelson used the exact words 'black people are the problem'?

Your quote, from about the middle of page 2: " I ask what's extreme about saying his statements boiled down to 'the problem is black people'.

Just for anyhow. I know you well enough that you'll counter by saying something about "I said show me the exact words".......

That, or you'll bring up some long gone post.........or you'll underhandedly slam me. Your posting style is well known.

You're not as good as mac yet, though.

Hey, maybe a dig at me is what you're looking for, as it seems you get a kick out "getting a rise out of others".

I sincerely hope you get help with your ego. Dude, it's not healthy, and it shows.

(crap, I just sounded like you again)

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Not to derail the fun here...but...you've still not explained to me why it appears that the Trayvon incident was a result of racial profiling.

Zimmerman called the police because of Martin's 'suspicious' behavior, which he later stated was due to Martin 'staring at a house'.

Let's forget the fact that Zimmerman is completely unreliable, and assume that Martin was staring at a house.

You call 911 for that? I mean, I know the guy was paranoid and had a cop fetish, but you call 911 because a kid is 'staring at a house' and 'looking like he's on drugs or something'?

If Martin was lily white and wearing an outfit from the J. Crew catalog, does anyone think that call gets made?

Was Zimmerman racially profiling Martin? I don't know.

But, yes, it certainly appears that way.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Was Zimmerman racially profiling Martin? I don't know.

Appears that way to who? You?

Oh, and the millions of people that heard the doctored 911 call. Oops - that wasn't the 911 call, was it?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

How so?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I know you well enough that you'll counter by saying something about "I said show me the exact words".......

That's not an issue of knowing me well, but rather answering your own question.

That's akin to me saying 'What color is grass? I know you well enough to know you'll say green.'

Quote:

That, or you'll bring up some long gone post....

It seems you like to bring it up more than I do these days.

Again, dude, do you really want to go down this road?

You're on the verge of another temper tantrum. You don't seem to be able to control it, even where you're warned that it's about to happen.

Just walk away, man. Not worth missing Opening Day here.

And I'll tell you what I told Nelson - this isn't a two way street. What I say clearly bothers and angers you. It doesn't work the other way around. Your insults make me laugh. I don't value your opinion. Honestly, I don't know why you value mine, but it's pretty evident that you do.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

I know you well enough that you'll counter by saying something about "I said show me the exact words".......

That's not an issue of knowing me well, but rather answering your own question.

That's akin to me saying 'What color is grass? I know you well enough to know you'll say green.'

Quote:

That, or you'll bring up some long gone post....

It seems you like to bring it up more than I do these days.

Again, dude, do you really want to go down this road?

You're on the verge of another temper tantrum. You don't seem to be able to control it, even where you're warned that it's about to happen.

Just walk away, man. Not worth missing Opening Day here.

Laughing out loud. I called it. You responded exactly as I said you would.

Dude, reading your posts is humor for the ages. I love it. I am controlling you, and it shows. Hilarious really. (crap, I sound like PDR again)

Oh, me, on the verge of another tantrum? Those are your words, just like I called it. You carry on. Have a good weekend. Perhaps you could get counseling for your ego. I mean that sincerely.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Again, why wouldn't I respond as I did? You're not really Kreskin by pointing out the obvious.

Of course I would warn you about throwing a temper tantrum. That's what you do.

The last time you got banned (that I remember), it started when I said 'here comes an Arch temper tantrum'. You got angry and claimed you didn't throw temper tantrums.

Then you threw a temper tantrum and got banned.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that when you get hotheaded, I'm going to warn you about throwing hissy fits. It makes it all the more funnier when you go ahead and throw one despite warning you that you're about to.

Quote:

I love it. I am controlling you, and it shows.

And I have the ego?

I really did laugh out loud on that one.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I don't know, Arch, what is it that reminds you of Mac?

Is it the assumption that his wild theories are well-known facts, or the persecution complex?

IMO Mac does a far better full-blown demented than ol philly. philly seems more the 'schoolboy pulling the wings off flies' type.

Not getting laid a lot and having a small penis is nothing to be ashamed about.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Not getting laid a lot and having a small penis is nothing to be ashamed about.

I've got to say...I figured you'd melt down, but not this badly.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Me too.

I also love the comma...comma, comma, comma

I like to read about the comma sutra;

I'd like a cure for the comma n cold;

I think I'll sing the Boy George song comma chameleon;

I like when espn does the comma on man! shtick, it's pretty much funny;

I'm thinking of going comma ndo;

What it boils down to is that the comma, contextually, actually creates words that only certain people can see. Although you'll need glasses like some people had in the movie "They Live".

See what happens when you Google the comma? Respect the comma.

That is all.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quite the intellectual argument you're making there.

Is it really that easy to make you guys whittle your arguments down to nonsensical rants and childish insults?

Thread Of The Offseason? At least a nomination, right?

N
Legend
Legend
N
do you see what happens to Browns fans when there are some thoughts that we are a potential sleeper but we have to wait still another week and several days to see if there is any merit to it?

Public Service Announcement To All:
Do.Not.Panic. Football is nearly upon us. Watch Clemson v. Georgia & LSU v. TCU to help tide things over until next weekend. Heck, watch FSU v. Pitt on Monday if it helps.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Do.Not.Panic.

That's some pretty poor grammar.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Do.Not.Panic.

That's some pretty poor grammar.

Nicely done.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Coupla Commas woulda fixed that right up!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

Quite the intellectual argument you're making there.

Is it really that easy to make you guys whittle your arguments down to nonsensical rants and childish insults?

Thread Of The Offseason? At least a nomination, right?

Lighten up Francis. I was replying to TopDawg and not the battle you've created with others.

You got toasted in an argument where you claim something was said that was not.

You referred to the comma as if that could make something true that was false. I showed you your own comma-induced post in BOLD letters where - again - you claim he said something he did not.

I started thinking about the power of the comma and, after Googling it at your direction, I started to laugh.

No rant...no insult...just funny.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

You got toasted in an argument where you claim something was said that was not.

Toasted?

Dude, you spun some convoluted argument that forced you to continually move back the goal posts. By the end of it, you were backed into a corner. Your only chance at that point was to muddle the argument so much that the original points were lost in the shuffle.

Seriously? Toasted?

That's not as good as Nelson telling me I have a small penis, or Arch telling me he's controlling me, but it's not bad, either. I'm picturing Don Quixote swinging at a windmill.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Yeah PDR...you got toasted.

I'm over it now...you should follow my lead.

If you insist on keeping it going, please respond to the fairly-recent post where I showed you - in your own quote and in bold letters - where you claim something was said that was not. Just like you asked me to do.

Otherwise, I'm ready to move on.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Again, why wouldn't I respond as I did? You're not really Kreskin by pointing out the obvious.

Of course I would warn you about throwing a temper tantrum. That's what you do.

The last time you got banned (that I remember), it started when I said 'here comes an Arch temper tantrum'. You got angry and claimed you didn't throw temper tantrums.

Then you threw a temper tantrum and got banned.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that when you get hotheaded, I'm going to warn you about throwing hissy fits. It makes it all the more funnier when you go ahead and throw one despite warning you that you're about to.

Quote:

I love it. I am controlling you, and it shows.

And I have the ego?

I really did laugh out loud on that one.

Oh my, what's this, exhibit 2 or 3 of your posting? Honestly dude, give it up, it gets old. Well, no, it doesn't get old, it gets more humorous. I can just picture you.

I'm still waiting for the link to past posts, or pm's...........that would be the icing on the cake........but truthfully, it's been hilarious enough as it is. Thanks for playing along...........or, being played. Whichever fits.

(crap, I sound like pdr again. My bad).

I can't wait for what comes next...........but I bet I listed it earlier.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Yeah PDR...you got toasted.

Don Quixote, swinging at a windmill.

Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

Quote:

If you insist on keeping it going, please respond to the fairly-recent post where I showed you - in your own quote and in bold letters - where you claim something was said that was not. Just like you asked me to do.

Do we seriously need to do this again?

How many times have I pointed this out to you? Five?

I think I'll pass on six.

I asked you once what the problem he was referring to was. You said 'unwed mothers'. I showed you very clearly that this didn't make grammatical or contextual sense.

I asked you a second time after I broke it down, what was 'the problem'? Crickets.

Third time. Crickets.

Again, if you want to chalk it up to bad grammar or structure on Nelson's part, that I can understand. But the plugging your ears and humming doesn't really prove your point.

Legend
Legend
I can't believe this thing is raging on when everybody knows it's the Mexicans that are the problem.

yebat' Putin
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I can't wait for what comes next...

I think that's up to you.

You're controlling me, right?

Quote:

Thanks for playing along...........or, being played.

Please keep patting yourself on the back some more. This is too good.

If I turned on Limbaugh right now, I'd bet he's talking about how liberals are ruining the country.

Would you look at that. He is. I think I'm controlling Rush Limbaugh right now. He's playing right into my hands.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I can't believe this thing is raging on when everybody knows it's the Mexicans that are the problem.

Count me out of 'everybody'.

It's the Jews. Duh.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I asked you once what the problem he was referring to was. You said 'unwed mothers'. I showed you very clearly that this didn't make grammatical or contextual sense.

I find this hysterical!!!! You are reverting to grammatical and contextual to defend your self?

Yup, just as I called. Again, I hope you get help. I know someone that knows someone that could help you with your ego. Although it's tough, you can do it.

You change tactics about every post.......but sadly, we've all seen your tactics. I'm laughing. (crap, I sound like pdr again)

You have a wonderful weekend.

N
Legend
Legend
N
cmon, it's the Big Oil Green Energy Conglomerate

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Count me out of 'everybody'.

Seems like some people already have.

yebat' Putin
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I know someone that knows someone that could help you with your ego.

The irony truly is going over your head, isn't it?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

I can't wait for what comes next...

I think that's up to you.

You're controlling me, right?

Quote:

Thanks for playing along...........or, being played.

Please keep patting yourself on the back some more. This is too good.

If I turned on Limbaugh right now, I'd bet he's talking about how liberals are ruining the country.

Would you look at that. He is. I think I'm controlling Rush Limbaugh right now. He's playing right into my hands.

Oh my goodness.........I didn't know you would stoop so low.

Who is talking about Limbaugh?????????? Seriously? And who is talking about liberals? Geesh man, are you grasping at straws?

This meltdown, while it won't get you banned, is 100% flat out hilarious!

I'm thinking of not going away for the weekend so I can watch you melt down.

You can't defend what you've said, and how I've called out your posts.........so you go to limbaugh and liberals? Gee.......I didn't even see that one coming!

A
Legend
Legend
A
Honestly? Rush Limbaugh and liberals?

I bet the next thing will be "I've gotten a lot of pm's about you (arch)"

Dude, I've called your every shot.

Sadly, I am going away for the weekend.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... WWII Veteran Beaten to Death

Link Copied to Clipboard