Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
If anyone had a radio link to UD/OSU, PM it to me, please.

Legend
Legend
OSU is first up. The guards need to amp up pressure from the beginning. They play defense at the highest level in college basketball. However, they need to force turnovers, crash the boards and get to the line.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Interesting game.

Both teams have been inconsistent this year.

I took Dayton because I think they have more to "prove" and Ohio State has struggled with inferior teams this year, playing to the level of their competition.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I took Dayton because I am from Dayton.

Ergo, my bracket will be flaweless.

edit: I keep unintentionally misspelling flawless whenever I try to fake brag and it cracks me up.

Last edited by Kingcob; 03/20/14 12:25 PM.
J
Legend
Legend
J
I'm from Dayton and went to Ohio State. Tough game!

Legend
Legend
OSU needs to speed Dayton up. Force some turnovers and get out in transition.

Legend
Legend
OSU was just a bad team this year. The last few years of terrible recruiting have come back to bite Matta. You can't afford to have a "down year" in recruiting in this day and age then not expect it to bite you. Next year will be better because we're getting shooters.

Legend
Legend
Don't care about lame cliches like "defense wins championships." In basketball give me great offense all day every day.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
As a non-Ohio State fan .. I'm excited to never have to see Aaron Crafts face ever again.

GO FLYERS!

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
yea I've always believed in offense. defensive teams, usually get upset more. This wasn't an upset in my opinion. We sucked on offense all year, and it came back to bite us. Ross and Smith Jr were terrible. I would hope Ross comes back, he's not nba material. Just had a sloppy handle today. Amir Williams is so soft.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
3-12 from just outside the free throw line (3pt line).

At least Dayton put us out of our misery early, enjoy the game on Saturday flyers

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Don't care about lame cliches like "defense wins championships." In basketball give me great offense all day every day.

You still need defense, but you need to be able to put teams away, and I think that comes back to OSU being horrible from the outside.

It's been slim pickins for good shooting ever since Diebler and Lighty moved on.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

yea I've always believed in offense. defensive teams, usually get upset more.

Both are very situation specific.. you can have great offense but if it all comes from one or two guys and those guys get cold on the same night.. you are done. But I do agree that even a great defensive team, in basketball, has to be able to score some points or you will run into an Ivy League School that plays disciplined, shoots lights out one night, and you are done.

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

But I do agree that even a great defensive team, in basketball, has to be able to score some points or you will run into an Ivy League School that plays disciplined, shoots lights out one night, and you are done.

I think that really goes for anyone... A team full of kids who never get pub, one game elimination, only 40 minutes. It really is the perfect setup for anybody to beat the giant.

If you ask me, the 3 point line is way too short. These players today can snipe with the best of them, although I have to agree it makes the tournament more fun that smaller schools can have early success.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The only reason I wish Ohio State would have won is to keep the college basketball thread alive

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

The only reason I wish Ohio State would have won is to keep the college basketball thread alive

that's usually not an issue. we all have brackets.

Harvard played really well today, I didn't realize they had that much athleticism on their team.

Albany is also out-toughing Florida so far though I suspect that Florida will turn it on here in the 2nd half.

------------------------------------

Really crossing my fingers on Delaware not being able to keep this up. Read some things that depth was an issue for them, but I know very little about them and I (like pretty much everyone) have Sparty going far.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just don't know what makes Florida good? They have some solid players, but that's it. They're just solid. They can't shoot. They're not bad.

OSU next year is a title contender:

Scott
ADV / Russell / Williams
Thompson / Bates-Diop / Tate
Ross (maybe) / Loving
Williams / Mcdonald / Bell

Other than backup PG, we have depth and versatility everywhere AND SHOOTING.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
The sec is weak as a whole. Florida has athletes, and could defend, but as you said they're inconsistent shooting it.

I really like Iowa State. That team could stroke the 3 better than anyone, and if it wasn't for sparty, I would have them in the final 4. Still riding with Kansas. Give me Wiggins, and Embiid, I'll give you the field. I remember I took Uconn in 04 just becuase they had Gordon, and Okafor. Nothing like a good big man, and wing player.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Man I had Cinci in my elite 8. I am in big trouble

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I agree, same thing doomed Cincinnati. And you have to score efficiently to advance this time of the year.

Guys couldn't even make layups today, they deserved the fate they received. Kilpatrick was too passive taking only 13 shots, he has to carry the team on his back offensively in order for them to win and he didn't.

I'm sick, it sucks going down so early in the tournament. Only positive is i at least came to my senses before I turned my bracket in, and put Michigan State in the final 4.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Harvard played really well today, I didn't realize they had that much athleticism on their team

Yeah that totally caught me off guard also, I expected them to be a bunch of unathletic white guys who milked the shot clock each possession.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I agree. Jackson was horrible for you guys. he had to miss 3-4 layups. I took harvard at first, but changed my mind last minute, since I took every 12 seed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah that little dipsy do thing he did with 2 minutes left was awful. All he had to do was make a simple conventional shot instead of trying to look like a hot shot.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I just don't know what makes Florida good? They have some solid players, but that's it. They're just solid. They can't shoot. They're not bad.

OSU next year is a title contender:

Scott
ADV / Russell / Williams
Thompson / Bates-Diop / Tate
Ross (maybe) / Loving
Williams / Mcdonald / Bell

Other than backup PG, we have depth and versatility everywhere AND SHOOTING.

They are mostly seniors, shoot better than you think...especially when it counts, and the effort they put out on D makes you think we have 6 players on the floor.

When the Gators need to clamp down on D, they can shut teams down 4-5 minutes at a time.....go look at game recaps...last weekend againt TN the Vols had maybe 35 pts at the half. I told the Vol fan at the bar if we hold you under 60, we win.....he laughed since he was up by 7. I said we'll see.

We held them to 14 points in the 2nd half and they didn't make 50 points....and Tennessee is a pretty darn good team ....they beat Iowa last night to play in...and they probably shouldn't have had to play in.

As for todays game....a good game for us.....wake up call, but as usual, we showed up on D because D is what we are.

If some team explodes for 85, we probably lose, though we can score. We keep holding teams to low 60's or less, I like our chances.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Nc state game has been pretty good - nc stqte had this win but couldn't hit a free throw down the stretch... I always wonder if it's nerves or lack of practice....

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Bracket was perfect til NC State choked. Bye bye billion dollars

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Still only missed NC State.

Yes, I had North Dakota State

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Still only missed NC State.

Yes, I had North Dakota State

I had ND state too, I liked what I saw from them when OSU played them.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I had them and stephen f austin in the sweet 16.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Basketball!

Link Copied to Clipboard