Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
J/C...

It may not amount to a hill of beans - but this is my hill, and these are my beans... congrats to the Toledo Rockets on finishing out a 26-5 (14-4) regular season.

Great regular season guys

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Congrats, been a follower of the MAC since the 90s. Although I have slacked off here lately with the demise of Miami basketball, I still keep an eye on it.

I don't recall Toledo ever dominating the conference quite like this or making the NCAA tourney so I'm glad for you. If Miami can't win it, I hope you guys do. Anyone but OU again.

Legend
Legend
Wiggins went "Lebron mode" today.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow, had to work today. Just saw the final score of that game.

He played that well and they still lost? wow!

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Embid didn't play, and he didn't get much help. I think West Virgina should get in. Their record is worthy of the nit, but they have beat some very good teams. 5 top 50 wins.

Legend
Legend
The lack of Joel Embiid killed them.

Obviously Wiggins won't average 41 points, but that stat line is close to what I expect him to have in the NBA in his prime. He will effect all facets of the game and his jumper is getting better. I think Embiid has the highest PER for big men in college basketball.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I see a lot of Vince Carter in Wiggins. His athleticism is off the charts.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
That is true...

that's a good point. Thata been the case the last two years. Selfish players don't progress like they should

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
Legend
Aaron Craft senior day against Sparty. Spart always gives us a tough game, but brings out the best in us

Legend
Legend
Sooooo sooooo glad we're 20 minutes away from never having to deal with Adrian Payne again. Dude has been a thorn his entire career.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Gators looked pretty good against Kentucky. They might no be as good as some years, you they are still Kentucky.

It's kind of a crap shoot heading in to Championship season.....bad, or off days don't play out, but I like my teams chances. We can hit threes and can play tough on D....a good combination, not to mention that Billy D is one heck of a coach. If the players are off a bit, Billy D can pull out a win every now and then.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
How can we be so horrible at free throws. Ugh.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Calipari is not the same coach since winning a title and I don't know why people can't see that.

Gary Williams seemed to never be the same after his national championship at Maryland too...

Quote:

The problem is coaching -- Not developing that talent.

Name one player on either of the last two Kentucky teams who was any better in March than they were in November.

Do you think this is coaching or do you think this is a function of the type of kids he is recruiting? Are they really working and trying to get better as a player and as a team or are they just biding their time assuming that because they go to Kentucky they are a lottery pick and they are waiting for the NBA draft and trying not to get hurt?

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

J/C...

It may not amount to a hill of beans - but this is my hill, and these are my beans... congrats to the Toledo Rockets on finishing out a 26-5 (14-4) regular season.

Great regular season guys

It amounts to something to me. I work with Kent State basketball and was with the team for the game at Toledo. Thought we had a shot to beat them, but they came through in the end. I dont see anyone touching them in The MAC Tourney

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Congrats, been a follower of the MAC since the 90s. Although I have slacked off here lately with the demise of Miami basketball, I still keep an eye on it.

I don't recall Toledo ever dominating the conference quite like this or making the NCAA tourney so I'm glad for you. If Miami can't win it, I hope you guys do. Anyone but OU again.

We are in Oxford right now, playing Miami in the first round

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know it's a down year for Kent, but that win was a huge step in the right direction for Miami. They've given OU a good battle twice this year but lost a lead in both games at the end. Maybe this time around they will have learned how to play with the lead.

But back to Cincinnati, great year from my dude Jumpin' Jack. Good to see him getting a little love from SI making the all glue team. Interesting tidbit from Larry Brown After Jackson got 14 deflections in a win over SMU this season, Mustangs coach Larry Brown said Jackson reminds him of Ben Wallace.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 03/11/14 07:29 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We went Box +1 against Kellogg and beat OU by 14 in Athens. Cant give him space.

I like Miamis tenacity. We beat them easily the first time in Oxford, then they came to Kent and ruined our senior night.

Legend
Legend
Noah Vonleh is a center that can move and play like an NBA SF. Dude is ridiculous.

Legend
Legend
Andrew Wiggins is going to have a Derrick Rose type of breakout run in the tourney.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
UCF put quite a scare into me.

Edit - Good luck with Rutgers in the big 10, Louisville is on a nice roll but that was just a lackluster effort. No way in hell should a division 1 team lose 92-31.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 03/13/14 09:57 PM.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I think Wiggins is close to locking up that 1 pick. Don't think any team would take the risk in Embiid. Take the sure thing.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think Wiggins is close to locking up that 1 pick. Don't think any team would take the risk in Embiid. Take the sure thing.

I agree and I like Embiid. I just don't like the Hakeem / Duncan comparisons placed on him. I see Andre Drummond, but with better offense coming out as prospects. Him and Wiggins are going to be just a monster combination to deal with assuming Embiid can recover. Especially when the game slows down and becomes half court oriented.

I think what's so intriguing about Wiggins is his intelligence and improvement.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
When can everyone figure out Eddie Jordan is a bad coach.

Hes failed EVERYWHERE

It has to start somehow
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I agree but I'd take Parker before Embiid.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Amir Williams pisses me off. WHY ON EARTH CAN'T YOU PLAY LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN?!?! Outside of Joel Embiid he's the biggest mismatch physically in the tourney.

Legend
Legend
Scratch that. This entire team pisses me off.

Down 18 and ADV + Ross + Craft balled out.

Legend
Legend
Go Rockets! Two wins away from the dance. Come on!

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Syracuse bricked 6 shots in a row. Insanely bad basketball from them and NC State for letting them get that many shots off.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, ohio state luckily plays michigan tomorrow in a matinee, that should be fun. We could halfway salvage a disappointing season with a win mañana. With the tournament coming up I'd be surprised if Ohio State gets passed the first weekend. It all comes down to the three point shot in March, we shot 22% against Nebraska today. I didn't watch the game but I assume that's why we almost lost.

Make threes and you advance, I don't think we will and that's why I don't see us going anywhere in the tournament.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Syracuse bricked 6 shots in a row. Insanely bad basketball from them and NC State for letting them get that many shots off.

I would not be surprised if the ACC doesn't have a single team in the Elite 8. (By the same token they could have 2 or 3 thought I doubt it) it's just that kind of year.

Syracuse is struggling big time, UNC has some serious holes and is very streaky.. Duke is the best option but their guards tend to disappear and the tournament is all about good guard play...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
We were also beyond awful at the free throw line up until ADV hit 4 in a row. We were flirting with almost shooting 30% for the game. Nebraska also killed us with midrange jumpers and their big guys spacing the floor.

I like that we know how to win game where we're absolutely miserable shooting the ball, but I just want to be at least average. If we can be an average 3 point / free throw shooting team we will make a deep run. We just need 4-5 threes a game at 40-45% and to shoot 70% from the line. That's what I think our magic # is. Our style of play will frustrate teams and our own fans.

DC, I think Duke will be extremely tough with Hood and Parker, but I don't like their big guys. I'm referring to the centers they have. I also think they're not very good at shooting like you mentioned.

Legend
Legend
If a team shoots 7/9 from 3, it's not your day. The turnovers are insane though.

Legend
Legend
I hate using overused cliches, but Craft is unclutch. I do NOT want him to EVER have the ball late in games.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Youre completely ignoring the team that not only won the regular season title, but is in the title game.

Virginia is the best defensive team in the nation. Defense doesn't go on slump. UVa to me...is a lock for the elite 8.

As for NCST...What an edge of your seater! Gave Cuse every opportunity they wanted...yike...hope it was enough to get them in. They played a poor 2nd half against Duke today on both ends and still managed to be in it the whole way.
I think they should be in...I think they'll get snubbed though...Lunardi has em as a 12 seed though Wolfpack to the dance please! They got Dickie V's endorsement but he might be the biggest tobacco road homer on the planet...id be surprised if they asked him about Wake Forest if he'd say they should be in. and Duke, UNC, and UVa all 1 seeds for Dickie V...

Also...a 9 loss Kansas team, how do they get any talk for a 1 seed....cmon.
That being said...does anyone actually want it?

If UVa wins tomorrow they deserve it in my opinion...then Michigan, Then Louisville, then Nova, then Duke...which I think has Duke out of the running for a 1.

It has to start somehow
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What about Wichita State?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

What about Wichita State?

Or Florida?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
WoW! Gators!!!!!!!!!! What a game! Great game Cats.

I don't like to lose, but in a way hoped it had happend some games ago.....this is almost like a loss but we win the SEC!

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

WoW! Gators!!!!!!!!!! What a game! Great game Cats.

I don't like to lose, but in a way hoped it had happend some games ago.....this is almost like a loss but we win the SEC!

Congrats Ballpeen and your Florida Gators, Beating Kentucky in the Georgia Dome is almost like beating them in Rupp.

Going into today's game Kentucky was 18-0 in SEC Championship games in the Georgia Dome.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Virgina is solid, but I think they you are overestimating them. They only average 65 a game, by no means should they be considered a lock to the elite 8. When you play a slow down pace, that's where upsets occur, when a team could hang around. They have an easy draw til michigan state gets to them. I think they win that region. Kentucky could beat Wichita State.

Ohio State got a tough draw in Dayton. They could be 1 and done.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't ever want to hear about SEC media bias on ESPN and other networks.

SEC football deserves everything that they get. If there was a bias for the conference the SEC would not be a 3 team conference in the NCAA tournament. And Kentucky who beat the Big East and American conference Champion and lose by 1 today to the #1 over 1 seed today on a nuetral court is an 8 seed. Tennessee who beat Virginia who is a 1 seed is an 11 in a play in game.

If the conference had media bias there would be bias all the way around.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Basketball!

Link Copied to Clipboard