Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I had one of those done.

Went into the operation in pain, came out in pain, still in pain ......... the disc is off the nerve, but that wasn't what was causing the pain.

I am still hopeful that, as medicine advances, maybe they will find a solution for my back that doesn't involve flaying my back wide open just to see what's going on in there.

Yea, I know each one is different. Believe me I know I'm very fortunate and I hope something can happen to help you out.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Thanks for all the input guys.

He jumped today for the first time and has no pain in his back.... got 12 feet so he was psyched for that since it was first time he planted a pole in 8 months.... ( insert joke about my sex life here),

It's all good here, just have to manage the pain and live his life.

We figure if we can get him to college and he done growing and filling out then we may look at options, assuming pain still an issue.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
well after two weeks.. they let him attend a meet... not stellar but came in 3rd on varsity, against some pretty weak competition.

He was PO'd he didnt win, but we are pumped he was in there battling... oops sorry about the Shurmer quote.

pulled a calf muscle on his third jump and pretty much ended any chance.... but no worries....no back pain other than the usual. An excellent start, to bad season over in a few weeks as he will not qualify for regionals

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Degenerative Disc

Link Copied to Clipboard