Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't put much stock in it, its too far from game day. I looked again today and now the chance of precipitation was at 20% earlier today and now at 40% for ice pellets. I wonder if I can use those in a wrist-rocket?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

As a motorcycle rider, seeing a 70% of rain for a city may or may not mean I'll get wet. Depends on the size of the rain clouds, wind speed, when I'm going through there, what direction I'm going in and how fast.

When I rode, if there was a 10% chance of rain I'd get wet.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Quote:

Forecast for the Super Bowl

But that's a forecast for the whole day...it really only comes down to 2-3 hours before and during the game.

As a motorcycle rider, seeing a 70% of rain for a city may or may not mean I'll get wet. Depends on the size of the rain clouds, wind speed, when I'm going through there, what direction I'm going in and how fast.

So, it could rain for 8 hours on Sunday (6am-2pm) and be dry for the game. And that's assuming they're even right about the forecast as of now.

And the game is after the sun goes down, so it won't be the 38deg high, so most likely any precipitation will be as snow if it happens.

Although I think the high that day now is forecast as mid-40's with only 20% of showers

Last edited by FloridaFan; 01/29/14 11:05 AM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Forecast for the Super Bowl

But that's a forecast for the whole day...it really only comes down to 2-3 hours before and during the game.

So, it could rain for 8 hours on Sunday (6am-2pm) and be dry for the game. And that's assuming they're even right about the forecast as of now.

And the game is after the sun goes down, so it won't be the 38deg high, so most likely any precipitation will be as snow if it happens.

Although I think the high that day now is forecast as mid-40's with only 20% of showers

For some reason, I get great amusement in watching a forecast change as the days pass. I don't bash the weatherman because their job is about impossible (predicting the weather AND getting the average person to understand that 30% chance of rain on Sunday doesn't mean ALL of Chicago is 30% - only some part might be 30% while others is 0% and it also depends heavily on when too).

The weather will be kind of cold (30-40), maybe a little precipitation and might be a little windy. It's NJ in early February, you know what it's going to be.

If we planned a trip to Wisconsin for snowboarding this weekend, we'd be going if it was 0 or 32. Add more gear to the bag on Friday night. Simple.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
T
Legend
Legend
T
Around about 1997, when Denver was winning it's 2 Super Bowls, and prior to that, Seattle was in the AFC west division, the same as the Denver Broncos.
I wonder if any other Super Bowl matchup has included teams that were once in the same division.

And Another reason to root for the Hawks, is those blasted Bronco's have never "won" a Super Bowl when the Cleveland Browns have been in the league. So there's that going for Cleveland.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
yo...the media is pissing me off pushing lynch to talk. jesus christ, the man doesn't wanna talk to them

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
And/or has nothing to say. So move on.

I knew they were going to create a huge story about him refusing to play nice in interviews.

The media sucks.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I think it's pretty obvious he has some sort of social anxiety disorder. Yet the media thinks they have some god-given right to shove a microphone down his throat.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I think it's pretty obvious he has some sort of social anxiety disorder. Yet the media thinks they have some god-given right to shove a microphone down his throat.

it's actually a contractual NFL-given right.

I do agree that it stinks they see a weakness in a player (anxiety or hatred of interviews), so they blow it up as a STORY and force-feed more interviews/attention onto him.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

yo...the media is pissing me off pushing lynch to talk. jesus christ, the man doesn't wanna talk to them

You get those laws/requirements when you're banking in millions and millions. His interview was very short, the NFL has already said they were satisfied with it - and it actually become one of the highlights of media day. With that said, I don't approve of forcing someone to talk to the public, especially when words are and get twisted up - but it is what it is. He doesn't have a typical job and the media is suppose to be the "bridge" between fans and the players, and the fans is what fuels nfl in terms of profit so.

In any case, I loved his interview:

"I'm all about that action, boss" - ha ha ha

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I really don't think he has social anxiety. I just don't think he wants to talk.

That said, his interviews are hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/v/fUm2CMdsgn0

Someone's going to need to find the one that his FB is answering for him. Because that's a goldmine.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I really don't think he has social anxiety. I just don't think he wants to talk.

Same here.

He's a RB in the NFL and that means he HAS to be available to the media. That's all. I know someone could say he should be more willing to discuss himself and the game because he's lucky enough to be in that position, but who really cares? The media is really only looking to trap someone in a goofy statement. They don't like canned answers either.

He could pull a Rasheed Wallace and respond to every question with, "both teams played hard my man" or do what Marshawn was doing, "Not sure how I feel about the running gameplan, I know the play, the blocking assignments and then I run. I have nothing else to provide."

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
My kids and I cracked up during that interview. My favorite:

"That's big time. Beast Mode love and appreciate that."

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm expecting another, close, down to the wire finish. It seems like all the superbowls the last decade have come down to the final minutes.

Legend
Legend
#1 Offense versus #1 Defense. both teams #1 seed in conference meeting in the SB, only the second time in 20 years?

this is gonna be one hell of a battle. you're right, its gonna be epic.

i'm thinking theres going to be atleast one quarter where no team scores, and at least one quarter where both teams completely light up the score board. with an epic defensive stance in the last 2 minutes!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I want overtime.

[Linked Image]

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I want a Denver romp.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I want a Denver romp.

Is that anything like a Cleveland Steamer?

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I kinda want Peyton to win, but I have problems wanting Denver to win.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm expecting another, close, down to the wire finish. It seems like all the superbowls the last decade have come down to the final minutes.

Yeah. My buddy says that's proof the NFL is fixed. They got tired of the blowouts etc.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The only way to stop Manning is for your front 4, not front 7, to play out of their minds. Blitzing Manning is pointless. He's seen everything. You need 7 guys defending the pass every play so Manning doesnt get the ball out in less than 2 seconds. If you blitz, he knows where the best option is, takes a 3 step drop max and gets it to his WR for a gain. With 7 guys defending the pass it means it will take him 3-4 seconds. That's enough time for your D-line to get to him. If I'm Seattle I try to rotate guys as much as I can and tell them to play insanely hard every snap they are out on the field.

The Giants stopped Brady twice because they had athletic freaks like Strahan, Tuck, Osi and JPP that got to Brady insanely quick. They also had DTs that dominated.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

#1 Offense versus #1 Defense.

This could be the best matchup in years. My head says Seattle; my heart says Denver...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Not really )

I only want Denver because I want all the idiots that are saying Peyton cannot win the big one, when in fact he already has won the big one. And that he needs another SB win to cement his legacy. I never heard anything so stupid.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I never heard anything so stupid.

Dan Marino agrees with you. Me too.

Legend
Legend
I wonder if you asked either Marino and Trent Dilfer if they'd switch careers with the other, if either would...

One of the best ever, HOF, Made one SB, never won one..

Or

Trent Dilfer (aka, below average career, won a Super Bowl, technically)

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
and marino still has his hair.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Rooting for Sherman to do this:

http://youtu.be/DBlvjtfpPAg

Legend
Legend
What if Tracy Porter does it again?

Legend
Legend
lol bro, all the people that called Sherman a thug would commit suicide if that happened.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

What if Tracy Porter does it again?

He plays for the Raiders, but I'm pretty sure Manning would have PTSD.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I've been wrong twice in my picks so far, but I'm gonna go

Seattle - 28
Denver - 27

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Best defense always wins vs best offense

Seattle stops the run and tees off on manning.

Seattle 27
Denver 17

E
Legend
Legend
E
Manning is unstoppable.

Denver 35
Seattle 20

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
yo yo we using this for the game day chat too?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Best defense always wins vs best offense

Seattle stops the run and tees off on manning.

Seattle 27
Denver 17

This is tough. I thought that 16-0 Patriots team was the most unstoppable team of all time. Brady to Moss was just a nightmare.

Seattles pass rush has to play like the Giants d-line didZ

Legend
Legend
so.... since the browns aren't playing...

can i call myself part of the 12th man? or no?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Seahawks remind me of the Detroit Pistons during the Bad Boys era.

Legend
Legend
this lady is gonna make me cry....

beautiful singing. holy crap.

- Theodore Roosevelt
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Denver 31 - Seattle 17

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

this lady is gonna make me cry....

beautiful singing. holy crap.

Amen brother!
I was afraid NY would have some joker rap it.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2013 Super Bowl Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard