Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Clearly you all should fly me in. My last game was the clincher that sent us to the playoffs against the Falcons. When I go, we get sent to the playoffs . As long as I'm still here by then, they play an away game in Miami in 2016.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
1st String
1st String
It's been way too long since I've been to a game. Last one was a game that they lost at home with seconds left on the clock in over time against the Bungles. Great game! Got to see a kickoff run back for a TD by Cribbs, a punt blocked, a field goal blocked, and basically five quarters of good football. Even though they lost, it was a fantastic game. Problem for me is, my big arse doesn't fit in those child-sized seats. Highly uncomfortable. It was rough on my 6'5" son, too. No leg room. And we were just a few rows up from the field. I hate to think what the "cheap" seats must be like. Definitely not a comfortable place to watch a game imho.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

here come's Ver's groupies to the rescue!!!!

I simply happen to agree with Versatile Dawg on this. Does that mean that you and cfrs are circle jerks?

Legend
Legend
who?

edit: nvm, 15.

Last edited by Swish; 01/30/14 02:09 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

It was reported that Belichick called Haslam and recommended Schiano (Link).

And you diminish your own statement with this one. It seems to me that Lombardi isn't spelled B-E-L-I-C-H-I-C-K.

You don't think Lombardi was involved in the decision?

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It was reported that Belichick called Haslam and recommended Schiano (Link).

And you diminish your own statement with this one. It seems to me that Lombardi isn't spelled B-E-L-I-C-H-I-C-K.

You don't think Lombardi was involved in the decision?

No. It was reported that Belichick called Haslam and recommended Schiano. If Lombardi asked Belichick to give Haslam a call, I think that Belichick would have refused.

Legend
Legend
Oh boy .......... Discuss:

After Dan Quinn's Seahawks crushed the Broncos in Super Bowl 48, he admits he would've likely taken Browns job if offered | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/dan_quinn_seattle_seahawks_sup.html

East Rutherford, N.J. -- After a lengthy podium interview extolling the virtues of a defense that crushed the Broncos 43-8 in Super Bowl 48, Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn graciously stopped for one more question on his way out of the media tent.

Would he have taken the Browns job if they had offered it to him?

"I certainly would've been interested,'' Quinn told cleveland.com. "I mean, it's a big-time place. It's the Cleveland Browns.''

But Quinn, who's top-ranked defense pitched a shutout until the third quarter expired and forced four turnovers, had made a decision heading into the Super Bowl that he wouldn't interview with the Browns a second time until after the game.

How could he look his defense in the eye if the great Peyton Manning beat them and he was off interviewing for a head coaching job instead of spending every waking second trying to figure out how to stop the best damn offense and the best damn quarterback in the land?

"To me, it was important,'' he said. "The relationship I have with these players, to understand we're all in it together -- I couldn't be more proud to be part of that group.''

As the cleaning crews were vacuuming up the confetti at MetLife Stadium, did Quinn have any regrets about not taking that second interview the week before the game?

"None,'' he said. "Not one.''

Browns CEO Joe Banner, on the day he hired former Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine to run his team, admitted that deciding not to wait for Quinn was "the toughest decision'' he had to make in the coaching search, and that he's confident he'll be an excellent head coach. But the Browns were blown away by Pettine in his three lengthy interviews, and they also worried about the ability to hire a quality staff in the first week of February.

The Browns didn't have to agonize over whether or not to wait for Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, who's top-ranked offense flopped on the biggest stage of all. Gase pulled himself out of the running the week before the Super Bowl, saying he wanted to focus on the game. The Browns also made it known they were getting anxious to move on and might not wait for him to interview.

But Quinn went out at MetLife Stadium and showed why it was so tough to proceed without him. His defense picked off Manning twice in the first half and stripped-sacked him once. It also stripped receiver DeMaryius Thomas to help Seattle win the turnover battle 4-0. One of Manning's interceptions was returned 69 yards for a touchdown by Super Bowl MVP Malcolm Smith, who also recovered Thomas' third-quarter fumble. The pick-six gave the Seahawks a 22-0 command at halftime.

Percy Harvin's 87-yard kickoff return for a touchdown made it 29-0 just 12 seconds into the third quarter, and Thomas' fumble led to a Russell Wilson touchdown pass that blew the game open 36-0 late in the third quarter.

"I'll let you guys decide (if we're the NFL's best defense),'' said Quinn. "I couldn't be more fired up to be part of our unit and the attitude we play with.''

For most of the night, Quinn's defense clobbered Bronco's receivers on short crossing routes -- including a tone-setting blast by safety Kam Chancellor on Thomas on the Broncos' second drive that forced a three-and-out. Chancellor followed that with an interception over the middle on the next drive that sent a message to Manning loud and clear: throw over the middle at your own risk.

"I don't know if it's more gratifying because it's against him, but we certainly have a lot of respect for what their offense did this year,'' said Quinn. "If we play our style against this year's best offense, that's as prideful as anything -- knowing that our style works.''

The Broncos first four drives went like this: safety, three-and-out, interception, interception. It was a stunning beatdown of Manning, who was named MVP of the league for the fifth time on Saturday night. He set league records this season for touchdowns passes (55) and yards (5,477) and ran a high-powered offense that scored a league record 606 points.

"They just made more plays on defense than we did,'' Manning, who slipped to 1-2 in Super Bowls. "It was probably a credit to them for forcing those plays as the offensive mistakes, so I'll give them credit for that.''

Manning was sacked only once, but disrupted plenty. His pick-six came with defensive end Cliff Avril clawing at his arm, and he was almost intercepted again on a 4th and two on his next drive when a lineman batted his pass at the line.

"When you face a quarterback like him, you better be able to affect him,'' said Quinn. "We didn't talk about sacks. We talked about, 'can we get him off the spot?'''

With a deep defensive front and a secondary full of big, heavy hitters, the Seahawks were unstoppable all season and in the game that counted most. They finished the year No. 1 in total defense, points allowed and takeaways.

"We're fast, we're physical and we have a real style about how we play,'' said Quinn, who won a Super Bowl in his first year as a defensive coordinator. "I couldn't be more proud of that unit that plays that aggressive style. We wanted to win with fundamentals. We talk tackling and turnovers every day that we practice and that certainly came through tonight.''

It's no wonder the Browns were impressed with Quinn in the first place.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No reason to have buyers remorse. Pettine is our coach, Quinn isn't. They made their choice and now they have to do everything they can to give him the players to do his job. I recall when Seattle hired Pete Carroll, a lot of doubters proclaimed them to be fools. That professionals wouldn't respond to his "rah rah" attitude. Goes to show you just never know.... We just have to cross our fingers and hope Pettine and Banner can build us a team. Find a quarterback. Find a running back... This draft and FA period is vitally important.

I do think WAY to much is made of hiring a Head Coach quickly so they can better assemble a staff. There have been a number of Head Coaches over the years, hired after Super Bowls. Model hired Belichick after the Super Bowl and he assembled a pretty good staff..... You just have to get creative.

Still, it is what it is. They have the man they wanted. Lets see if they chose wisely. I really hope they did. I sure would like to see a Browns Super Bowl before I kick and I'm not getting any younger.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. I am happy with Pettine and think he and Quinn are very similar in style. I also agree about the staff. We have our defensive staff full, and it looks like the O is about full.

I don't know all that much about assistant coaches, but I haven't seen any that made me think they aren't qualified for the job.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Good that means it wasn't a crap job everyone was trying to throw at us.

Quinn? He did a great job teaching them Defense without a doubt...Scheme wise it was very simple nothing amazing the execution was amazing...the talent of like 15 guys is amazing. The guy I want out of all that is their GM for drafting all those players

I'm sure he'll get his shot in the future. I guess I can put this here.

Shame on me for believing all those experts from the off season of last year and throughout - How the era of Defenses winning Championships are OVER! Shame on me for buying it. I swear all these expert analyst just play too much fantasy football if you ask me! Heck half of their shows is about Fantasy football now a days!

2014 Seattle Seahawks proved the adage Defenses wins championships is Alive and WELL!

What was that stat...6 times the best defense has face the best Offense in the Super Bowl and now 5 out of the 6 the D won the Championship???

Outside of QB...I might rethink our draft

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yea he will get his shot and it should have been here .. Beat my dead horse by saying if ever there was a team I would like my Browns to emulate !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I am happy with Pettine and think he and Quinn are very similar in style.

I'm backing Pettine...Just want to look ahead and not behind.. Second guessing this hire won't accomplish anything...

Lets surround Pettine with the tools he needs to succeed...

A Browns / Seahawks Super Bowl would be fun to watch...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sure enough on my way to work I wanted to hear about the game and Kyle and Booms were talking about firing Pettine and hiring Quinn. I just reached up and changed over to Mike & Mike.

I can't believe they went there. I didn't even want to hear them try and justify their stance, I just changed the station. I really wish we had some better local sports talk at 7:00am.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Sure enough on my way to work I wanted to hear about the game and Kyle and Booms were talking about firing Pettine and hiring Quinn. I just reached up and changed over to Mike & Mike.

I can't believe they went there. I didn't even want to hear them try and justify their stance, I just changed the station. I really wish we had some better local sports talk at 7:00am.

I can't stand Booms.. Drives me nuts with his whining.

If you think they (the FO) looked disorganized for firing Chud after one year, can you imagine how nutty they'd look firing Pettine before he even coaches one practice LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

2014 Seattle Seahawks proved the adage Defenses wins championships is Alive and WELL!

That and a running game. Beast mode proves the position is still viable and valuable.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
P
Legend
Legend
P
So they weren't patient enough to wait for "the best candidate". This fan base seems to support anything even when it's less than optimum.

This FO can do no wrong, even when they do.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just because a guy coaches a great defense doesn't mean hell be a great HC.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just because a guy coaches a great defense doesn't mean hell be a great HC.

Doesn't mean he won't either,,,

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Yeah, it's all their fault. It's not like this FO set the tone for this kind of thing to be expected.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

After Dan Quinn's Seahawks crushed the Broncos in Super Bowl 48, he admits he would've likely taken Browns job if offered

I don't think there is anything to regret. Pettine has a good record of having top defenses too.

Besides, his philosophy about defense development appears to be similar to Dan Quinn's. A philosophy shared by the coaches he brought over from Buffalo.

I'm not sweating it at all.

Although, I did tune into the talking heads on WKNR (loudmouth Booms especially) to hear some discussion of the Super Bowl. He was ragging all over the front office for not waiting to get Dan Quinn but was criticising them for waiting so long to hire Pettine as HC.

He has about no credibility. That he wants Manziel would put me off of taking the kid. Just that alone is enough for me to pass on him if he's there at #4. The same thing goes for all those clamoring for Sammy Watkins. Public perception in Browns fandom is nearly universally wrong.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

I can't stand Booms.. Drives me nuts with his whining.

If you think they (the FO) looked disorganized for firing Chud after one year, can you imagine how nutty they'd look firing Pettine before he even coaches one practice LOL

Boobs on WKNR is a moron. Anyone that takes his opinion as something worth listening to should just swallow the blue (or cyanide) pill.

Legend
Legend
Ya know Anarchy, I think Pettine will be a good HC (I hope so anyway) If you look at what he accomplished in Buffalo without the level of talent they had in Seattle, I'd say it's pretty much on par with Quinn..

Love him or hate him, he's our guy now. I'll support him until he proves he doesn't deserve my support any longer.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Wonder how Gase's Value as a possible head coach looks today after getting his behind handed to his offense, nothing he called worked, understand it was the players, but clearly Denvers coaching staff didnt have them ready, Broncos players looked scared to get hit.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Oh boy, if we had hired Gase after watching the Denver's offense basically collapse, fold and choke itself out - I don't think I'd be interested to hear what negative things would be said ha ha...

As for Quinn, oh well. It's done, it's settled and there's no use hanging on "what could of" and it's as simple as that. He'll likely get his coaching offers next year, heck, maybe even by us ha ha ha ha ha JUST JOKING

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

After Dan Quinn's Seahawks crushed the Broncos in Super Bowl 48, he admits he would've likely taken Browns job if offered | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/dan_quinn_seattle_seahawks_sup.html

East Rutherford, N.J. -- After a lengthy podium interview extolling the virtues of a defense that crushed the Broncos 43-8 in Super Bowl 48, Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn graciously stopped for one more question on his way out of the media tent.

Would he have taken the Browns job if they had offered it to him?

"I certainly would've been interested,'' Quinn told cleveland.com. "I mean, it's a big-time place. It's the Cleveland Browns.''

But Quinn, who's top-ranked defense pitched a shutout until the third quarter expired and forced four turnovers, had made a decision heading into the Super Bowl that he wouldn't interview with the Browns a second time until after the game.

How could he look his defense in the eye if the great Peyton Manning beat them and he was off interviewing for a head coaching job instead of spending every waking second trying to figure out how to stop the best damn offense and the best damn quarterback in the land?

"To me, it was important,'' he said. "The relationship I have with these players, to understand we're all in it together -- I couldn't be more proud to be part of that group.''

As the cleaning crews were vacuuming up the confetti at MetLife Stadium, did Quinn have any regrets about not taking that second interview the week before the game?

"None,'' he said. "Not one.''

Browns CEO Joe Banner, on the day he hired former Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine to run his team, admitted that deciding not to wait for Quinn was "the toughest decision'' he had to make in the coaching search, and that he's confident he'll be an excellent head coach. But the Browns were blown away by Pettine in his three lengthy interviews, and they also worried about the ability to hire a quality staff inHthe first week of February.

The Browns didn't have to agonize over whether or not to wait for Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, who's top-ranked offense flopped on the biggest stage of all. Gase pulled himself out of the running the week before the Super Bowl, saying he wanted to focus on the game. The Browns also made it known they were getting anxious to move on and might not wait for him to interview.

But Quinn went out at MetLife Stadium and showed why it was so tough to proceed without him. His defense picked off Manning twice in the first half and stripped-sacked him once. It also stripped receiver DeMaryius Thomas to help Seattle win the turnover battle 4-0. One of Manning's interceptions was returned 69 yards for a touchdown by Super Bowl MVP Malcolm Smith, who also recovered Thomas' third-quarter fumble. The pick-six gave the Seahawks a 22-0 command at halftime.

Percy Harvin's 87-yard kickoff return for a touchdown made it 29-0 just 12 seconds into the third quarter, and Thomas' fumble led to a Russell Wilson touchdown pass that blew the game open 36-0 late in the third quarter.

"I'll let you guys decide (if we're the NFL's best defense),'' said Quinn. "I couldn't be more fired up to be part of our unit and the attitude we play with.''

For most of the night, Quinn's defense clobbered Bronco's receivers on short crossing routes -- including a tone-setting blast by safety Kam Chancellor on Thomas on the Broncos' second drive that forced a three-and-out. Chancellor followed that with an interception over the middle on the next drive that sent a message to Manning loud and clear: throw over the middle at your own risk.

"I don't know if it's more gratifying because it's against him, but we certainly have a lot of respect for what their offense did this year,'' said Quinn. "If we play our style against this year's best offense, that's as prideful as anything -- knowing that our style works.''

The Broncos first four drives went like this: safety, three-and-out, interception, interception. It was a stunning beatdown of Manning, who was named MVP of the league for the fifth time on Saturday night. He set league records this season for touchdowns passes (55) and yards (5,477) and ran a high-powered offense that scored a league record 606 points.

"They just made more plays on defense than we did,'' Manning, who slipped to 1-2 in Super Bowls. "It was probably a credit to them for forcing those plays as the offensive mistakes, so I'll give them credit for that.''

Manning was sacked only once, but disrupted plenty. His pick-six came with defensive end Cliff Avril clawing at his arm, and he was almost intercepted again on a 4th and two on his next drive when a lineman batted his pass at the line.

"When you face a quarterback like him, you better be able to affect him,'' said Quinn. "We didn't talk about sacks. We talked about, 'can we get him off the spot?'''

With a deep defensive front and a secondary full of big, heavy hitters, the Seahawks were unstoppable all season and in the game that counted most. They finished the year No. 1 in total defense, points allowed and takeaways.

"We're fast, we're physical and we have a real style about how we play,'' said Quinn, who won a Super Bowl in his first year as a defensive coordinator. "I couldn't be more proud of that unit that plays that aggressive style. We wanted to win with fundamentals. We talk tackling and turnovers every day that we practice and that certainly came through tonight.''

It's no wonder the Browns were impressed with Quinn in the first place.

Quinn is the guy I wanted pretty much from the get go. I understand the browns didnt want to wait this long to assemble a coaching staff but sometimes its worth it...and i believe Quinn would have been. His defenses are amazing. I think not waiting for him will bite the browns in the back side big time....but i hope im wrong.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
E
Legend
Legend
E
This FO can do no wrong, even when they do.

Huh It seems just the opposite...right away Quinn is the best HC all of a sudden and the FO did wrong??? You mean like RAC would be successful cause he ran the Pats SB defense...Who ran the Ravens dominating D in 2000? Was he successful?

I know and you know if we waited this long to make a 2nd interview and Hire the same guys complaining that we blew it...would have been screaming that we blew it for waiting for so long...lol

Its almost the exact opposite of what you state there Pit

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Any way you look at it, no matter what this FO does, the fan base will make excuses for it, accept it and somehow twist it into being just fine.

They gave Chud NOTHING on O, he went through three QB's and yet still fired him. But hey, that's okay too, right?

They ended up hiring a HC that almost NOBODY on this board had ever even heard of, but that's cool, right?

Looking at the resume's, the last group was a much better staff than the one they just assembled, but that's just fine and everything is rosey, right?

It's the same shiit, different year. A replay of what has and will fail.

The only hope? That they hit a home run in the draft and this new coaching staff lucks into a lot!

But hey, that's still hope, right?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Any way you look at it, no matter what this FO does, the fan base will make excuses for it, accept it and somehow twist it into being just fine.

And the other half of the board, no matter what the FO does, will make excuses, reject it, and twist it into a negative.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not really, but it seems like the popular thing to say to try to knock the credibility of anyone who has a dissenting voice about anything.

You know... "Walk the company line or you're a hater".

The usual Jr. High School BS.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I see a lot of people on this board that like things this FO has done and didn't like a lot of what they did.

The same common theme with me, after they did something, (traded Trent, Fired Chud) I wasn't mad per say, just confused, but over time I looked at what happened (Trent sucks, Chud wasn't lighting the world on fire) and I've moved on.

I just don't really understand what benefit anyone gets from hating the FO. They're here. They aren't leaving right now. And they are trying to do what we all want, put a winning team on the field (Holmgren notwithstanding)

Beyond a lot of people's affinity for "I told ya so's" I just don't really get it.

(not directing any of this at you)

P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe it goes with the territory.

I mean since 1999, we've been sold one bill of goods after another by yet one FO after another. By one HC after another.

At some point, people get cynical. And I know Chud wasn't lighting the world on fire. But how was he supposed to do that with the QB's he had and no running game? It was a brash decision and the real fault was he didn't have the O talent to compete. Yet the guys who didn't address it are still in their cushy offices and Chud ended up the fall guy.

You have to give any coach the talent to work with and a little time. Hey, I've been a fan of the Browns my entire life. I hated Modell and that didn't prevent me from being a fan.

That still didn't mean I had to like a lot of what he did.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

And the other half of the board, no matter what the FO does, will make excuses, reject it, and twist it into a negative.

I was on the other side of that argument 5 weeks ago, now, ehh.. I hope the move pans out..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I honestly think there has to be more to the Chud firing than "the team didn't improve"

Did he get a raw deal? Yeah. But so did Palmer. No ones crying for him to be their HC. He'll go be an OC some where for a few years, and if he does well, he'll probably get another shot some where. It's how the system works.

I've always said, once we get a QB, whomever the HC is at the time will be called a genius and the savior, when he just happened to be lucky enough to be here when it finally happens.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I've always said, once we get a QB, whomever the HC is at the time will be called a genius and the savior, when he just happened to be lucky enough to be here when it finally happens.

Which is why I've hated all the coach firings when they've not been given the tools for success. It just seems like 'bass-ackward logic' to me. Not just the Browns.... everywhere in the league.

"Hey- you a carpenter? Great! I want you to use my shop to build a cabinet... I have 2 hammers, 12 nails, one saw and no glue. If you can't build it for me in the next 2 days, your ass is gone. So... let's get to work! Don't mess up."

Just dumb.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
The flip side of that, is how long do you let someone be the HC if they can't get it to work? (Obviously longer than one season)

Romeo had 4 years, but I think we could all see even before the 10-6 year that something wasn't there. And then after it it just fell a part.

The thing we can say now though, is that we KNOW Pettine is going to be here for an extended period, right? They would cut two HCs short?

Would they..?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Would they..?

[shrugs]

Who can say, man? I don't know these guys well enough to predict anything they might do-

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

They gave Chud NOTHING on O, he went through three QB's and yet still fired him. But hey, that's okay too, right?

They ended up hiring a HC that almost NOBODY on this board had ever even heard of, but that's cool, right?

Looking at the resume's, the last group was a much better staff than the one they just assembled, but that's just fine and everything is rosey, right?

It's the same shiit, different year. A replay of what has and will fail.

The only hope? That they hit a home run in the draft and this new coaching staff lucks into a lot!

But hey, that's still hope, right?

AGREED.......

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I honestly think there has to be more to the Chud firing than "the team didn't improve"

Did he get a raw deal? Yeah. But so did Palmer. No ones crying for him to be their HC. He'll go be an OC some where for a few years, and if he does well, he'll probably get another shot some where. It's how the system works.

I doubt we'll ever know if there was more to it.

Palmer got 2 years and Al Lerner reportedly was saying he wanted to give him more time.. Policy and Clark pushed the panic button..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
jc.

welp, it is what it is. would quinn had been the better HC prospect?(huh?) who knows.

i'm comfortable with pettine. right now, i'm more concerned with the offense than defense.

but i think thats the issue every year, except 2007 ofcourse.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E

How can you say that when I specifically was very upset and came after the FO n Owner for the deed. But that has passed - we have made the hires and I choose...possibly not you...but I have chosen to MOVE ON and would like to get into our new Coaching staff and the direction.

Do I praise the Owner n FO for the firing. No! I think it was stupid. But this is what I see. A good young team that can be a team of destiny if we choose a direction and go for it. Was it a raw deal for Chud...In my eyes yes. Do I like the FO n Owner for it...NO Do I love my Browns and see these new guys as good young leaders? I can see it being so especially for Pettine.

I still stand by Wolf's proclamation of K.I.S.S. of what you need to make a championship run.

1. A superstar HC...I think Pettine can be that HC.
2. A Superstar QB...I think we will make a stab at one in the draft.

I liked Chud a lot. But I love my Browns even more... Yeah they made a mistake but in the end they are going to look smart cause I still say this is a team ready for its destiny.
JMHO

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Hire Pettine as HC--cont.

Link Copied to Clipboard