|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
dude been hanging out with justin beiber.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,370
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,370 |
He's got worse problems at the moment than Haslam does. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635 |
Reports out there now saying he is and has been addicted to pain killers... I guess thigns get painful when you don't have to worry about money or anything. Life sure does get hard when you got too much $ 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,370
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,370 |
Quote:
Reports out there now saying he is and has been addicted to pain killers... I guess thigns get painful when you don't have to worry about money or anything. Life sure does get hard when you got too much $
It actually explains the trade for Richardson. The guy was high on drugs when they made that deal. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,643
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,643 |
no take-backs!
Hopefully he can get some help and get his life straightened out.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,321
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,321 |
Kravitz: Jim Irsay fighting for his life, needs help In a twisted way, Jim Irsay's friends have been praying for this day. They've been praying for the day when he'd reach rock bottom and be forced to come to terms with a drug problem that he's battled for some time. "He's a sick, sick man,'' one source told me. "He desperately needs help.'' There was a sad inevitability to what happened Sunday night in Carmel. Irsay faces four felony counts after being arrested on preliminary charges of driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance. For years, Colts insiders have known that Irsay was struggling again with drugs. For years, they fought to get him into rehabilitation. At the very least, they fought to get him a driver in the hopes of keeping away from getting behind the wheel. HOLDER: Irsay's arrest could lead to discipline by NFL commissioner REACTION: Local, national media on Irsay's arrest The Colts have been cleaning up Irsay's messes for years now. Time and again, Irsay dismissed the concerns of his close friends and confidantes, even if his increasingly gaunt physical appearance sent up red flags throughout the community. I asked him two months ago about his weight loss, which has brought him from 235 pounds to 165 pounds, and he insisted that the doctors wanted him to lose weight to keep the strain off his troublesome back and hip. I suspected otherwise. Those of us who are around Irsay on a semi-regular basis suspected otherwise for a very long time. So why didn't you write it? That's a fair question. But it's much like the baseball players during the steroid era. Suspicions cannot be the basis for news stories. My feeling all along has been, "Unless he gets arrested for drugs, or acts erratically in a public setting while obviously under the influence, it will remain nothing more than an educated guess.'' Now he's been arrested. The game has changed. He has two big problems, besides the obvious drug issue: He's crazy rich and he has lots of free time. That is a dangerous cocktail for a man with a genetic predisposition to substance abuse. That doesn't make him a bad man, just a troubled one, one who has been in and out of rehab on multiple occasions, one who needs to get himself some help again if he wants to be alive for the Colts' next Super Bowl. This is not written in anger. It's written with compassion – although if he'd hurt someone while driving, it would take on a different tone. This is a man in the throes of addiction, a disease he's been fighting for years and years with mixed results. Now comes the wake-up call. Do you hear it, Jim? Do you hear it? Or do you press the snooze button and continue on this downward spiral? There's no shame. There's no embarrassment. Fact is, if Irsay gets the help he needs, he'd be a public beacon for the multitudes who also need help with alcohol and drugs. Just as Chuck Pagano has taken the lead on finding a cure for cancer and more specifically leukemia, Irsay can be a guiding light for those in the grips of addiction. He's just got to decide it's time. Because, well, it is time. As a secondary issue, there's now the question of what commissioner Roger Goodell will do once he collects all the pertinent information. I can promise you the NFL Players Association will watch this closely. Will the commissioner come down as hard on Irsay as he does the league's players? In 2010, Detroit Lions president Tom Lewand drew a 30-day suspension, $100,000 fine and performed community service after pleading guilty to driving while impaired. It wouldn't shock me if Goodell suspends or metes out some sort of harsh punishment against Irsay. Again, though, that's secondary. Based on several conversations with team officials and friends, this is a man fighting for his life. Get some help, James. Please, get some help. Bob Kravitz is a columnist for The Indianapolis Star. Call him at (317) 444-6643 or email bob.kravitz@indystar.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BKravitz. http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/kra...s-help/6523925/
At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,051
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,051 |
I hope that he manages to defeat his demons and save his life. A part of me want to make a joke about making one more trade with him ........ but that would be rude. 
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,697
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,697 |
If everybody had like minds, we would never learn. GM Strong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563 |
I don't know what to think about this. He's clearly grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth. He certainly had the opportunity to become smart enough to avoid such problems...
ON the other hand, booze and drugs can take a normally strong person and turn them to dust.
I hope he fights his demons and wins..
#GMSTRONG
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” Daniel Patrick Moynahan
"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe." Damanshot
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
I will catch hell for this but who cares, The guy has problems just like the rest of us. Money does not fix personal problems. I Pray that he can get over the demons that haunt him 
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
I agree. The guy is an arrogant jerk. Look at some of his public comments.
I also think the Kravitz article was too freaking sympathetic. Genetic disposition, my butt. We all have issues to deal with.
You can be an abused child in a family of alcoholic dead-beats and still succeed. Is it tougher for you? Darn right. Does it mean you have to be the same way? Hell no.
I don't hate the guy because of what he has done, but I don't have much sympathy for him. He has ignored the advice of friends and made poor life decisions. Fix yourself or be dammed.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465 |
Quote:
I will catch hell for this but who cares, The guy has problems just like the rest of us. Money does not fix personal problems. I Pray that he can get over the demons that haunt him
I agree.
There's always a little extra venom when someone of privilege has substance abuse issues.
I think the guy is an ass (like father, like son), but I hope he can overcome his issues.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
I could imagine how hard it would be to quit using when you have all that freakin' money.
What is that old saying? 'The only thing worse than an alcoholic is an alcoholic with money.' Same goes with any other drugs, me thinks.
His best bet is to quit everything, once and for all. When stuff like this happens to a user, it's just plain time to wise up. If you don't, further negative things will probably eventually happen to you. That's the hole you'll dig.
My two cents.
3rd_and_20 (17 years clean & sober)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
Congrats on the 17 years. Now, concentrate on making it one more day.
It's always one day at a time.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
Quote:
Congrats on the 17 years. Now, concentrate on making it one more day.
It's always one day at a time.
Thanks. It was hard as hell at first, but now I like to think that I know better.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
I know what you mean. I was smoking two to three big cigars a day. Quit cold turkey.
Quitting drugs/alcohol is a lot harder, but it's all about will power and taking control of your own fate.
I'm proud of you. Keep it up, bro.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
Quote:
I know what you mean. I was smoking two to three big cigars a day. Quit cold turkey.
Quitting drugs/alcohol is a lot harder, but it's all about will power and taking control of your own fate.
I'm proud of you. Keep it up, bro.
Thanks. I think there is definitely a 'wising up' process I went through, and it actually took me a few years (at least 3) to get to that point.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399 |
Quote:
I will catch hell for this but who cares, The guy has problems just like the rest of us.
I do, just like I care for the rest of you.
yebat' Putin
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882 |
What can the commish do in a situation like this? Suspend him? Fine him? Dock draft picks?
“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399 |
Quote:
What can the commish do in a situation like this? Suspend him? Fine him? Dock draft picks?
For a first offense he should just try to help him... and I feel the same way about players...
yebat' Putin
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248 |
Quote:
What can the commish do in a situation like this? Suspend him? Fine him? Dock draft picks?
Suspend him from what? Does he not get to sign checks for a week or something?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
Quote:
Quote:
I will catch hell for this but who cares, The guy has problems just like the rest of us.
I do, just like I care for the rest of you.
*Man hug*
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,368
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,368 |
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I will catch hell for this but who cares, The guy has problems just like the rest of us.
I do, just like I care for the rest of you.
*Man hug*
I agree, and don't leave a girl out of the hugs. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
Oh no you get a lap dance sis 
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,368
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,368 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882 |
Quote:
Quote:
What can the commish do in a situation like this? Suspend him? Fine him? Dock draft picks?
Suspend him from what? Does he not get to sign checks for a week or something?
I ask because there is a lot of talk of how the commish would blast a player for this same type of behavior. How about the same treatment for an owner? He is part of the NFL and this arrest does reflect poorly on the league.
Assuming the commish wanted to impose a penalty on him, what power would the commish have?
“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 742
All Pro
|
All Pro
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 742 |
JC
Apparently he wasn't fighting very hard before his arrest. Rehab immediately after the arrest = Lawyer's advice to limit his sentence. Best of luck to him, but I think some jail time could really help his "fight."
Prescription pills are getting out of control in this country. Instead of fighting our war on weed, we should to take a look at the Pharmaceutical Companies and doctors that are pushing these pills. Way more Overdoses and addicts on these pills than most people would think.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635 |
This is the dire truth. I'm so paranoid on most pills that I rarely take them unless there is an absolute need (speaking of pain killers.) People get hooked on these things easily and these days, they seem easily obtainable as' well.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,431
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,431 |
Getting out of control ?. Where you been brother ?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 525
All Pro
|
All Pro
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 525 |
Addiction is no joke. Just hope he can get the help that he needs.
Autumn October Winds & Halloween Candy
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,186
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,186 |
I had some oral surgery about a month ago. I was given 2 scrips: 1. a 10-day course of antibiotics 2. a 10-day script for Oxy. I only filled the scrip for the antibiotics. I got by just fine on 2.5 days worth of 500 mg. Aleve... and didn't really need pain-killers after that. In almost 6 decades of living, I've been described as a lot of things.... "Junkie" isn't one of them. I'll hold off on that one as long as I can... even if my physician tries to hook me-  It's a HUGE issue... and it's getting worse-
"too many notes, not enough music-"
#GMStong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,187
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,187 |
Quote:
I will catch hell for this but who cares, The guy has problems just like the rest of us.
I certainly don't care. The idiot was weak and allowed himself to get hooked on drugs. I have no sympathy for people like that. If a person destroys their own life based on decisions they control, I don't care about them nor feel any sympathy. If he doesn't care enough about his body or life, why should I?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,856
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,856 |
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What can the commish do in a situation like this? Suspend him? Fine him? Dock draft picks?
Suspend him from what? Does he not get to sign checks for a week or something?
I ask because there is a lot of talk of how the commish would blast a player for this same type of behavior. How about the same treatment for an owner? He is part of the NFL and this arrest does reflect poorly on the league.
Assuming the commish wanted to impose a penalty on him, what power would the commish have?
Only thing is the Commish works for the owners, so tere is an inherit conflict of interest
#gmstrong
A smart person knows what to say.
A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635 |
Good for you man! That Oxycotin is serious stuff. Potent, addictive and etc. I'd not ever take an Oxy pill, ever.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
You and Coyote make great points.
Really, who doesn't know someone who has been hooked on pain killers?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
Quote:
Quote:
I will catch hell for this but who cares, The guy has problems just like the rest of us.
I certainly don't care. The idiot was weak and allowed himself to get hooked on drugs. I have no sympathy for people like that. If a person destroys their own life based on decisions they control, I don't care about them nor feel any sympathy. If he doesn't care enough about his body or life, why should I?
LOL I guess you don't know much about addiction. Why can some people drink once in a while and that's fine but others try drinking and get addicted right away? A lot of it has to do with genetics. Your saying the guy who experiments with booze in high school and quits drinking in his late 20's is better than the guy who starts drinking and high School and gets addicted. Thats total bullcrap IMO.
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248 |
Quote:
Good for you man! That Oxycotin is serious stuff. Potent, addictive and etc. I'd not ever take an Oxy pill, ever.
They gave me some of that stuff after my shoulder-scope, and it was just nasty stuff. I felt miserable taking it, and just stopped using it after a day. Dealing with the pain was easier. I can't imagine getting hooked on the stuff myself, but I guess it's pretty much the pharmaceutical equivalent of morphine/heroin, so I could see how others get hooked on it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,620
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,620 |
Quote:
What can the commish do in a situation like this? Suspend him? Fine him? Dock draft picks?
My initial thought is that docking draft picks would not make sense in this situation at all.
Then I found that a head coach wandering into the field of play and disrupting an opponent's kickoff return does not result in the loss of a draft pick, so now I am sure that this won't cost the Colts.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635 |
I don't pay attention to the pill abuse world - but I do know at one time, likely still current, that Oxy was thee most hardcore. It's no joke.
I think I'd venture to endure the pain too as opposed to taking it.
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Jim Irsay arrested for DUI,
possession of controlled substance
|
|