Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I'd consider Sanchez ...

So we could end up having both Sanchez and Mack? Talk about having your cake and eating it too...

They want a vet and a rook. What's the big deal?

Grossman or Sanchez can be had and in our draft slot most any QB can be had. Anything is possible.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'd rather draft somebody or pick up Tanney 2.0

While you're correct, in that you're not going to find a vet QB at this point that is head and shoulders better than Sanchez, he still sucks, and he's a finished product. We have Hoyer, who has proven that he can come in and win a game or two. Maybe he can prove that he can win more and be our guy, but my point is that he's at least a solid backup for us. Why would we want to bring in someone that could also do that for us, but nothing more?

We need "the guy", so we need to be searching for "the guy". Wasting roster spots on guys that have no chance to be "the guy" is just that, a waste.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I would rather draft two rookie QB's to play behind hoyer than to pick up a known bust like sanchez

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
I think Josh Freeman would be a better fit for this team in every way compared to Sanchez.... Don't necessarily want either of them, but I can't see a category in which Sanchez is better.

~Lyuokdea
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Quote:

I think Josh Freeman would be a better fit for this team in every way compared to Sanchez.... Don't necessarily want either of them, but I can't see a category in which Sanchez is better.

Sanchez is better at sucking.

Legend
Legend
Spergon Wynn might be available. And Ben Gay. I would rather take a rook over Sanchez. Might have lived with Schaub. Plug in Garapallo later.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Quote:

No.

Ah. Direct. To the point. Laconic.

I like it.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The problem is that they cut Weeden and Campbell.
I mean how do these guys compare to those guys? Well for one thing, if you could keep a QB around for more than 18 months, maybe you'd see some better play.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'd consider Sanchez ...

So we could end up having both Sanchez and Mack? Talk about having your cake and eating it too...

Go back to the year they were drafted and then figure out the irony of the situation should both end up on the same team ...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._special-report

Hey Mary Kay: Will the Browns pursue quarterback Mark Sanchez?

-- A.Walsh, Lakewood, Ohio

Hey A: I've heard from a few people that Mike Pettine liked Sanchez when they were together with the Jets, but as of Saturday afternoon, a source told me that there was "nothing important" to report regarding the Browns and Sanchez, who was cut Friday by New York. It's something to keep an eye on, but right now I don't get the sense they're rushing to sign him.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c
As far as Sanchez's career goes-- if the browns don't look at him, might as well stick a fork in it.

Pettine should know him quite well from his days in New York. If Pettine passes, that will tell everyone all they need to know about Sanchez.

I kind of would like to give the guy a shot. I look at what the jets did, they lost all of their offensive weapons and then wondered why their QB struggled. Surround him with better talent and maybe you strike gold. It gives some insurance on Hoyer's ACL recovery as well. Whatever be the case, there aren't too many veteran guys left that can help.... Grossman, Sanchez or maybe Freeman... after that it is really,really bleak.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'd consider Sanchez ...

Go back to the year they were drafted and then figure out the irony of the situation should both end up on the same team ...

And now 4 years later apparently neither one is drawing much interest in this year's market.

Still say Sanchez in a different setting might excell.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'd consider Sanchez ...

And now 4 years later apparently neither one is drawing much interest in this year's market.

Still say Sanchez in a different setting might excell.

You missed my point, so here it is:

- In the 2009 draft, the Browns traded their pick #5 to the Jets who then selected Sanchez. We got the Jets #17, traded that pick and one further trade, and ended up at #21. Who did we selected?...why none other than Alex Mack! Ironic...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I would kind of not. I agree there is logic to the better cast makes a better actor perhaps. But I want the guy good enough on his own and pass judgment on that. That is a double-barrel crapshoot that maybe Sanchez will get better enough to win and our team will have enough talent to make him successful. Just too much maybeing there for me. But I understand the need for a vet. Just haven't liked Sanchez for a few seasons now.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I think the Sanchez to Cleveland story only has legs because signing him would continue our tradition of awful QB play. Other than that, I can't think of a reason in the world to sign this bum.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We've been linked to just about every single QB that has been available.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Very little Value for us, I cant see him coming here,

If we have to relay on Mark Sanchez to start at QB our FO has failed misurably this offseason in not only Free Agency but in the draft as well.

Also not that I really care what the media says but can you imagion the writers having a field day with us signing Mr. Butt fumbler himself signing with Cleveland....not good PR

No lets let him go elsewhere, I'll stick with Grossman

W
Rookie
Rookie
W
I would rather take Terrelle Pryor to be a 3rd string qb, over Sanchez.

And that is with me not being a fan of Pryor as a qb.

C
Legend
Legend
C
At least if Pryor is our third string QB he would be able to run around and maybe win a few games we have no business winning. Hopefully he would never have to play though.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sorry, I'd take Sanchez over Pryor. Terell is just not an NFL QB.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

And Sanchez is? We're screwed either way if our third QB is playing. At least with Pryor we would have the Tebow effect of defenses being confused by an athletic QB.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

And Sanchez is? We're screwed either way if our third QB is playing. At least with Pryor we would have the Tebow effect of defenses being confused by an athletic QB.

Sanchez is a viable backup in this league. He is much better than the New York Media would lead on. That offense has been horrendous since Thomas Davis left.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

At least if Pryor is our third string QB he would be able to run around and maybe win a few games we have no business winning. Hopefully he would never have to play though.

run around and toss it up to Gordon is not the worst offense we would have seen the past 15yrs.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm confused on what is real and what isn't.

Did the Texans trade Schaub to Oakland? Is that a done deal, I read somewhere they were re-doing his contract???

Is Sanchez going to Oakland...that just doesn't make sense?

Is Pryor being released? Or said to be released or has been released?

I can assume Sanchez will be looking for a team that he will have a shot at starting. I also think he could still be a starter.

I would also assume Sanchez might have to wait till after the draft to hook up with a team and vie for the starting QB position. Vikings???

anyways...sometimes the speculation runs amok and confuses this old brain of mine...thanks in advance for clearing this up!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

run around and toss it up to Gordon is not the worst offense we would have seen the past 15yrs.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
If Pryor was interested in coming into be a 3rd string/compete for backup spot then I'd consider it. He's got more raw talent than a lot of the other QBs out there.

But there's no way i'd consider him when he is looking for an open competition for a starting job. If I wanted that, there are about three other QBs I'd get first.

~Lyuokdea
D
Legend
Legend
D
jc

With a good offensive line and some decent targets, I think Pryor could do well after a few years experience. The only issue the teams that have those things and others, already have their franchise QB in place. I think Pryor needs to ride the bench a little and or have a few more years experience. He's show some good mobility but mobility won't get you far in the NFL. I'd rather give the shot in hopes for improvement to Pryor than to someone like Weeden.

All JMO

Legend
Legend
Ok, seriously folks..... how pathetically deprived of QB play are we that we are seriously discussing Pryor and/or Sanchez?

Sanchez is terrible. Pryor is worse. Just say no... we don't need to improve on how badly our 3rd string QB sucks.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
In terms of qb, we are and have been pathetically deprived lol...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Sanchez is signing with the Eagles

Oh how the mighty have fallen! Living in L.A. I was exposed to both Sanchez and Barkley immensely. They were both giants in this city. Born and bred in Southern California to become starting QB at USC.

Now they are both on the same team in the NFL. . . as backups. No one around here saw that coming (and Leinart is out of the league!).

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ok, seriously folks..... how pathetically deprived of QB play are we that we are seriously discussing Pryor and/or Sanchez?

Sanchez is terrible. Pryor is worse. Just say no... we don't need to improve on how badly our 3rd string QB sucks.

I'm beginning to think this could be merged with the addiction thread.

#GMSTRONG
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

I guess it depends where you want priorities. Personally, I think a backup QB who won playoff games and cost a little more than Weeden, assuming Sanchez is not wanting the same contract he got in NY, is a good deal. In theory, I can use the money elsewhere like OL depth so my starting QB can play the whole season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'Source: Eagles to give Mark Sanchez physical Thursday'

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philad...&ocid=yahoo

#866139 03/27/14 05:16 AM
Legend
Legend

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
LOL.....thats funny

D
Legend
Legend
D
Lol... do Brandon Weeden and Tony Romo!

D
Legend
Legend
D

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Thread CLOSED!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Eagles to sign Mark on Thursday

Thank goodness.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Thread CLOSED!

Thank You, 9 lb 7 oz Baby Jeebus!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Mark Sanchez available

Link Copied to Clipboard