Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Trailblazers are outmatched. Spurs are giving them another beat down right now.

Legend
Legend
Well this round is boring.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Spurs last night: 70 points at half

Wizards tonight: 63 points at the end of the game

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Looking at the next series against Portland. SA always gets in series like this. There is an up and coming team that looks incredibly dangerous and the series that they were in before makes the Spurs look like they could lose. Then the Spurs spank them in 5.

Portland is just completly outclassed. Spurs are only tear right now. I don't think people realize how good Dallas actually was as a team.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Carlisle is probably the second best coach behind Popovich. That team made the playoffs with Dirk, Monta Ellis, and a bunch of role players.

Legend
Legend
I agree with you. He maximized Monta Ellis. He got what's left in Samuel Dalembert and Vince Carter. I'd like to see them get Melo or Deng (better fit) to replace Marion. They're title contenders again if they get Melo and have Shawn Marion sign cheaply.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mike Brown has been fired as the Cleveland Cavaliers' coach after only one season with the team.

The Cavaliers announced their decision to fire Brown on Monday, also saying that David Griffin has been promoted to full-time general manager.

"This is a very tough business," Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert said in a statement released by the team. "It pains all of us here that we needed to make the difficult decision of releasing Mike Brown."

The Cavaliers went just 33-49 this season under Brown, who was serving his second stint as the team's coach.

"Mike worked hard over this last season to move our team in the right direction," Gilbert said. "Although, there was some progress from our finish over the few prior seasons, we believe we need to head in a different direction. We wish Mike and his family nothing but the best."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10922478/mike-brown-fired-coach-cleveland-cavaliers

Eat it Phil...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
HAHA, Cavs already fire Mike Brown after courting him EXCLUSIVELY.
Link

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Ironoically the ESPN update I got on my phone said the BROWNS fired Mike Brown...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Dan Gilbert has replaced Sterling as worst owner in the NBA.

Legend
Legend
Breaking News: The Cavs have re-hired Mike Brown just minutes after firing him, again. He will be the first 3-time Cavaliers coach.

Too bad they didn't fire him the day after the Sterling fiasco started, nobody would have noticed. Oh well, Gilbert has money to burn. Doesn't really matter. Good luck trying to find a real coach to go there.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Give Mark Jackson a call, please.

L
Legend
Legend
L
This doesn't really surprise me..Mike brown isn't an effective NBA coach, I just hope the next coach gilbert stays out of it and lets his GM pick. I wouldn't mind mark jackson, SVG or karl

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I like the move of hiring Griffin as GM, and you have to give him the chance to hire his own guy as head coach. His philosophy and Browns philosophy as far as how a team plays and is built are not the same, so one had to go.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Mike Pettine: Second most tenured coach in Cleveland.

Games coached: zero

Never a dull moment in Cleveland.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

If you want a motivational speaker.

If you want a coach, you better look in a different direction.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

This doesn't really surprise me..Mike brown isn't an effective NBA coach, I just hope the next coach gilbert stays out of it and lets his GM pick. I wouldn't mind mark jackson, SVG or karl

I don't agree with you much man, but I'm 100% with you here. I'm hoping for one of those three as well.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Mike Pettine: Second most tenured coach in Cleveland.

Games coached: zero

Never a dull moment in Cleveland.

Last year, after we fired Byron Scott, Tito was the Cleveland Coach with the longest current tenure ... at something like 2 weeks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Since 2012, Cleveland sports teams have had 7 full time head coaches.

Indians - 2 (Acta, Francona)
Cavs - 2 (Scott, Brown)
Browns 3 (Shurmur, Chud, Pettine)

Soon to be 8 when the Cavs hire a new coach.

Legend
Legend
With the non defensive shot chuckers on this team let's give Pringles a call.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
He deserved to get fired. He was a defensive coach, but the offense was a mess, and he couldn't get the backcourt to play well together. I'm all in for Fred Hoiberg, but it would take a lot for him to leave Iowa State. Just look what the coach from Atlanta did in one year. HIs team played great basketball like the Spurs, and took the pacers to the brink, without Al Horford. No big loss losing Brown.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

you want to re-hire Mike Brown? we just fired him, again.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Dan Gilbert has replaced Sterling as worst owner in the NBA.

I don't know.....at least Sterling had a decent team.

Why Gilbert ever hired Urkle back amazed me.

I can honestly say I don't care about the Cavs or the NBA any longer.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Peen, look at Sterlings record before Blake Griffin. He was the worst owner in the history of the 4 professional sports leagues.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, as far as worst NBA/professiona team owners go, it's Sterling and Stepien.

I desperately wish Dan Gilbert sold the team. He's terrible.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Danny boy lost all credibility with me last year. This further cements his train wreck after Lebron left.

Legend
Legend
The only reason he bought the Cavs IMO (besides them being for sale) was because of LeBron..

If not I'd assume he probably would of went after the Pistons.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Peen, look at Sterlings record before Blake Griffin. He was the worst owner in the history of the 4 professional sports leagues.

I understand the Clippers have sucked forever, and we may be better, we have sucked forever too.

I just don't care. We had LeBron and couldn't manage to win it or keep him here becauise we sucked.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
At least he learned it was a mistake, and is trying to correct it. Not too many owners will fire a coach with 4 years left on a contract. Mike Brown wasn't great at anything . Not a good in game coach, horrible at offense, and was mediocre with player relations. He was solid in team defense, but that's about it. He got the most out of the matthew dellavedova's of the world, but failed with the star players on the team. Just not good enough.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

At least he learned it was a mistake, and is trying to correct it.

...again.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

With the non defensive shot chuckers on this team let's give Pringles a call.

Bingo. This is a near perfect D'Antoni roster. Especially if Hawes is kept.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

At least he learned it was a mistake, and is trying to correct it.

...again.

Yep... Shouldn't have hired him the second time

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yeah, as far as worst NBA/professiona team owners go, it's Sterling and Stepien.

I desperately wish Dan Gilbert sold the team. He's terrible.

Ah ... the "I told you so moment". I remember a few years ago, just about everyone was saying what an amazing owner Gilbert was ... wishing that he'd buy the Browns or the Indians and show them how to run a franchise. I kept trying to say he was really no different than Larry Dolan, except that he had Lebron basically printing money for him. So going a few million over the cap to bring in other players wasn't some amazing show of charity from an owner desperately trying to win a championship for a city. It was just what most owners would do when they come across a windfall of money due to the roster. Sort of like the Jacobs brothers ... except that they were smart enough to sell when they knew the gravy train was out of steam. I kept saying, "Wait till Gilbert has a few years without Lebron, and suddenly he wouldn't be the super-owner everyone thought he was. Now, he's pretty much a bum in everybody's eyes.

Most owners are pretty much all the same. They'll put in an initial fusion of cash as soon as they get the team, and then they'll sit back and put in pretty much what they get back from it. Some just get lucky and land superstars or amazing coachs, which makes investing more money a whole lot easier to do. The only time an owner is really a detriment to a team is when they start pulling "powerplays" over-top of their general managers and front office personnel ... and Gilbert has sort of ventured into that territory.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
I'm not going to pile on Dan Gilbert. The guy just needs to hire better people to do their jobs. I'm not going to sit here and call him a great owner or whatever, but I don't think he's horrible either. He wants to win, he's passionate about it, and he's willing to use resources to do so. Isn't that really what you want out of an owner?

It comes down to people. If Griffin is the guy, he better be the right guy, and you better let him make the basketball decisions.

Owning a basketball team in Cleveland is a tough gig. I just hope he learns from these last four years.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I had no problem with Gilbert until the open letter.

Probably one of the most embarrassing moments on Cleveland sports history.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Quote:

And he's been very open about that, saying that it wasn't a good idea.

I wish he would be less vocal, especially on twitter. He looks like a moron after tweeting things that today look bad because he's fired Brown for the second time.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

One of those things that if he had written it, saved it, then read it a couple days later before sending it.. would have never been sent.

Owning an NBA team might be the toughest pro sports franchise to own, especially in a smaller market.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Looks like SVG is going to the Pistons as GM/Coach/President

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-stan-van-gundy-pistons-coach-president-024246529--spt.html

C
Legend
Legend
C
He knows they are paying both Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith a ton of money, right?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Wow. OKC is a really unlikeable team.

Terrible foul call on Paul.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs/NBA continued

Link Copied to Clipboard