Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Legend
Legend
Mossberg 590 A1 - the shells, he's using birdshot but I can't say exactly what.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I believe he has failed three drug tests in the NFL, which is a one year ban w/possible reinstatement.

He would have had to fail 4 times. Did you read why I posted? According to the NFL, first time is like a warning.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good Lord, it's on his personal instagram page. If anything's Photoshopped, he did it himself.

No instagram or facebook page has ever been compromised.. So I guess you are right

Typical response from you...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

I believe he has failed three drug tests in the NFL, which is a one year ban w/possible reinstatement.

He would have had to fail 4 times. Did you read why I posted? According to the NFL, first time is like a warning.

I was under the impression that he entered the NFL with 2 strikes? No?

His "sizzle syrup" was the 3rd. This is the 4th.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
How am I supposed to respond exactly?

The pictures are obviously of Gordon, coming from his personal accounts, showing the progress of his back tattoos, which he's been showing off for quite some time now (and includes his name and number).

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
This is his third failed test since we drafted him.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ok, thanks

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
If he gets busted with this stuff he's going to have to make room for a much longer number on his back, hope he saves the space.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We have been losing with and without Josh and so I'm not really that down about it. It all comes down to how or QBs play and if we can finally run the ball again, which looks like they want to do a lot.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think LaConfora said somewhere...can't find the link ....that it's entirely possible that he misses no time. I think there's a lot to the story we don't know yet.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

I think LaConfora said somewhere...can't find the link ....that it's entirely possible that he misses no time. I think there's a lot to the story we don't know yet.

are you sure? havent heard anything like that from him. Everything i am hearing is that he will in fact be suspended for the year

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

This is my kind of pot smoking!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Gordon is either going through the appeal process or starting it. We really don't know anything except that he tested positive. He could have easily had his sample been contaminated, like Sherman had, or not. There's jut not a lot of facts right now.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

are you sure? havent heard anything like that from him. Everything i am hearing is that he will in fact be suspended for the year

FWIW (not much at this point IMO):

Quote:

It's entirely possible that Gordon doesn't end up missing any time.

But that's all it says here.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
did I just hear La Canfora say that Gordon may not miss any time?!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Maybe it was the testing method that failed and not Gordon.

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Do you have a link? I can't find one.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...rowns-to-add-wr

"It's entirely possible that Gordon doesn't end up missing any time. But just the very possibility that he could miss an entire year and leave the Browns in the lurch makes it worth drafting a wideout -- any wideout -- during the draft."

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
MemphisBrownie just posted the link a few posts above.

Again, we don't know anything about the appeal as the League tries to keep that stuff quiet. But like I said yesterday, the fact that the Browns didn't draft a WR makes me feel like the Browns have some faith that he won't miss an entire year.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

MemphisBrownie just posted the link a few posts above.

Again, we don't know anything about the appeal as the League tries to keep that stuff quiet. But like I said yesterday, the fact that the Browns didn't draft a WR makes me feel like the Browns have some faith that he won't miss an entire year.

I pray and hope you are right question is...say Gordon comes clear of this...and isn't suspended...do the Browns then trade him? Or keep him

R
Legend
Legend
R
I was looking for something from LaConfora as I had read somewhere that he had said something to that effect. Neither link has anything from him. I thought maybe he had some new information.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If we could grab two firsts for him then trade him, anything else would be a joke tbh. He[s the 2nd best WR in the NFL.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

That's what Rosenhaus & Co. are probably working on as we speak.

All you need is one small flaw or breach of protocol to create reasonable doubt and get the test overturned on appeal.

That's how Richard Sherman beat his.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

That's what Rosenhaus & Co. are probably working on as we speak.

All you need is one small flaw or breach of protocol to create reasonable doubt and get the test overturned on appeal.

That's how Richard Sherman beat his.

I hope so but..... I am sure the nfl learned there lessen so it seams like a slim hope.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"It's entirely possible that Gordon doesn't end up missing any time. But just the very possibility that he could miss an entire year and leave the Browns in the lurch makes it worth drafting a wideout -- any wideout -- during the draft."

Wow!

For LaCanfora even saying that tells me that there might just be more to this whole debacle that is yet to be revealed.

I'm really hoping that we hear something about this situation from the NFL offices soon. It's their obligation not to keep us in the dark thus forcing us to play any kind of waiting game.

I understand the NFL not wanting this story to completely overtake the draft as the draft was going on, but come tomorrow morning (Monday, 5/12) they owe our front office and coaching staff the oppurtunity to know exactly where Josh Gordon stands and thus where the Browns stand in relation to this 'Outside the Lines' report from the mothership.

There's got to be some substance to it IMO because stories like these rarely come completely out of thin air. At the same time, if it did come out of thin air, my hate for ESPN would be egregious releasing this 3 minutes before the start of round 2 of the draft.

Either way, I've been trying to stay as positive about the news as I can - not hoping that the news is necessarily false - but that you do not NEED an elite WR to be a great team, just capable ones. This theory has been proven time in and time out and the question that Ray Farmer posed in his post draft presser about how many of last year's Seattle Seahwaks WR's were drafted was genius and it is what I've been preaching ever since this news was released. It is also something I've preached about before in year's past on the Browns Team Message Board.

Ray Farmer has spoke of - WINNING AS A TEAM; and I thought that his analogy of teams that lose star players to injury but still find ways to keep winning spoke volumes about what their philosophy was in this year's draft. Draft the best possible fits for our team that have a chance to contribute and create immediate competition and depth.

I LOVE how we are building our rushing attack. I'm telling you this and now. Our running game is going go from arguably our biggest weakness to our biggest strength this year. Bitonio has more Pro Bowl potential than any Guard in this year's draft and we already have Thomas and Mack. Add Tate and West - who is a much more legit mid round RB that we've drafted before IMO - to the mix and teams are going to be too beat up and tired to chase Johnny Football around when he does decide to take off or when evading a sack. Let alone throwing deep downfield to Benajamin, a slant across the field from Cooper, a post to a really nice veteran that is yet to be named , or...Josh Gordon.

Who Knows?

JMHO
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I don't believe the league is allowed to talk about these things during the appeal process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I tried to listen to the whole video but after awhile it was just like BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH (etc., etc.).... I started to get very irritated and felt my blood pressure rising, so I turned it off. I'll just take your word for it you're quoting him and save my sanity. lol

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
This was the deepest wr class i have ever seen in a draft...guys that went in the 2nd and 3rd round would have gone in the first round in most drafts....and yet we didnt take one...just dont get it

Last edited by slick; 05/11/14 03:47 PM.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
you guys want to see something funny go to his twitter account. In his lasted tweet he is congratulating fellow baylor players who were drafted......he is then immediately slammed by browns fans....some of the responses are hilarious....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone have an idea as to when we will hear something from the league, or how long an appeal process typically takes?

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Anyone have an idea as to when we will hear something from the league, or how long an appeal process typically takes?

i would guess we will hear something by wednesday or thursday....but who knows for sure...they may want to drag this out just to torture us some more

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

No idea the average, but Sherman's was a month from when we heard he had tested positive and when we heard that he had won his case. That said, we can't let that mean anything real. We don't know where Sherman was with his case compared to Josh. We don't know how long ago Sherman was tested or anything like that. We do know that Josh was informed two weeks ago, as well as the FO, but that means it could be another 2 weeks, a month, or longer than that.

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Quote:

This was the deepest wr class i have ever seen in a draft...guys that went in the 2nd and 3rd round would have gone in the first round in most drafts....and yet we didnt take on...just dont get it

I'm frustrated that we look thin at the WR position right now too. I was really expecting us to take Sammy Watkins or trading back a few spots to take Mike Evans. I think if Mike Evans would have fallen to us when we traded back, we woulda took him and it would have been awesome to pair him up with Johnny Cleveland.

However, once Round Two hit if we woulda taken a WR, you are either taking away Joel Bitonio who has Pro Bowl Guard written all over him or Terrance West who is a combination comparison of Alfred Morris/Maurice Jones-Drew and who many experts believe is just as good a prospect as Carlos Hyde.

At this point in time, I will have faith in the Front Office and look forward to us adding some very capable veteran WR's via trading a mid round pick next year and/or cap casualty cuts.

In the meantime, look forward to a true 'Ground and Pound' attack that Pettine and Shanahan have been preaching since they've gotten the job. With Bitonio, Tate, and West combined with great blocking from Chris Snelling at FB. Joe T, and Alex Mack now add in Bitonio (who has a nasty mean streak BTW) - we will be literally 'bloodying opponents noses' and wearing them down BAD which should result in us getting better as the game goes on, while the opponents continue to get beaten into the ground.

Old School Browns Football Baby!

May I also remind you that we drafted Johnny Freaking Football?! Wear teams down with a bruising run attack, then let Johnny make them look like idiots in the 4th quarter when they are too beat up and tired to even try and tackle him.

P.S - We haven't even seen the NFL report about Josh Gordon yet and Ray Farmer has already stated that our depth chart at WR will look a lot different come the start of the season than it does now. I think he's on the phones as we speak discussing potential mid round draft pick deals for established WR Vets like San Fran getting Stevie Johnson for a 4th (I think and you can correct me if I'm wrong). I think it might end up being more beneficial to Manziel or Hoyer to grab a dependable veteran presence than to have to be depending on a rookie like Watkins or Evans (or dolt in Josh Gordon) if we want to win right now - which we do. RGIII really only had Pierre Garcon - hardly a superstar receiver - and a very old and much slower Santana Moss to pass to in his rookie year and the Skins made the playoffs and RGIII was Rookie of the Year. Yeah, yeah, he busted up his knee real bad but that was RGIII's fault for barely ever sliding and when he did, not even knowing how. Manziel slid a lot at A & M and knows how to evade serious contact when needed when you look at the game tape. Not to mention, Manziel has a lot more of that "IT" factor than any QB I've seen in recent memory. Forget what ya heard. Dude is a competitor and will put his heart and soul into every play. Exactly the opposite of the QB's we've had here since Bernie.

Last edited by ShotCaller; 05/11/14 04:16 PM.

JMHO
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree Shot....and it is clear that running the ball is going to trump passing the ball, and when we pass, it isn't going to be the same vertical passing game Chud favored.

I am not saying we won't miss Gordon if he misses time. I just don't see it as the doom of death some others do.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think that it's a huge blow, no question about it. That said, Shanahan has run his offense with 4 "C" guys at WR in the past.

In 2010, with the Redskins, his leading receiver had 1115 yards. In 2011, his leading receiver had 984 yards. in 2011, his top receiver had 633 yards. Last year his top guy had 1346 yards.

2012 was their best season, at 10-6.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So how about all you twitter folks on this board send Josh a tweet and ask him how the $50 million dollar joint was? Because that's at least how much he lost on his next NFL contract.

Josh Gordon you are a fricken moron!

I bet he's probably blowing a bowl right now in his crib with his homies!

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Quote:

So how about all you twitter folks on this board send Josh a tweet and ask him how the $50 million dollar joint was? Because that's at least how much he lost on his next NFL contract.

The thought about tweeting Josh came up in my mind many times in the past 24 hours. However, I already know that his Twitter account is being blown up with some nasty messages and if I were to say anything to him, it would be to "Get some help and find yourself, Josh." I wouldn't be surprised if he is receiving death threats and stuff right now which is ridiculous, so I'll just keep quiet on the Twitter Machine.

JMHO
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You would think with how we treated Eric Wright, we'd learn not to be complete dbags over social media.

Legend
Legend
I have no reason to blast the guy. Hopefully this whole thing is wrong, and he winds up not being suspended. It's probably a stupid hope, but that's what I'm hoping anyway.

I also don't want to completely bury the guy before we find out what's what. If he did screw up, then he screwed up his own career as much as he screwed the Browns. That's a shame, for him, and the team. Nothing can be done about it now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

im sure his friends have allot to do with this to.......everytime he tried to quite im sure they gave him the guilt trip

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Faces Year-Long Suspension

Link Copied to Clipboard