Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#881685 05/09/14 07:25 PM
Legend
Legend
I also took a short nap, and woke up to this wonderful news ..... followed by an idiotic pick of a Tackle who is probably a Guard.

Man .... we are one cursed team ..... with stupid decisions by players followed by stupid decisions by those in charge of personnel.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Well... looks like we picked the best OL on the board... can't fault them for that - was a huge need... I think our next pick is a WR.... there are still a lot of good WRs out there.

What picks do we have left today? Anyone?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Man, I don't get, and don't like this pick.

I've read all your previous posts on this issue and respectfully say that you don't get it because you don't get it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

And the Browns select ...... a Tackle. Bitonio.

CBS/NFLDraftScout has him listed as an OG........although film on him has him as a tackle.

The NFL channel can't say enough about him as far as attitude and talent.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
No surprise from the Raiders

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm betting it's not Lee, and I guarantee if it is Lee than it's because he was #1 on our board. Farmer knew about the Gordon crap for 2 weeks........no way they panic no if they didn't last night.

I really like Lee and hope he's the pick, but wouldn't be surprised to see us go OL here at all.

Yep. These guys seem perfectly happy with Greg Little as our #1 wide receiver so good for them. Hope they like running the ball every down. Because they'll HAVE to. And if Tate gets hurt..... lol. First pick in the draft in 2015 here we come.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

I've read all your previous posts on this issue and respectfully say that you don't get it because you don't get it.

Well said. I didn't want an OL at 4, but the fact that we needed OL is fairly obvious, and I love Joe as a player. I also love that they didn't reach for need and panic. Another nice move.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Raiders got Carr

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
If the Gordon news didn't break, I'd love this pick. I wanted him or X

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I don't know a ton about this guy, but their draft strategy is exactly what I've advocated for years!

Focus early on QB, CB, OL. The spots you have to overpay in free agency.

Get the WR/RB later, or in free agency (which we did already). Love it!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well said. I didn't want an OL at 4, but the fact that we needed OL is fairly obvious, and I love Joe as a player. I also love that they didn't reach for need and panic. Another nice move.

And you're cool with Little as our #1 WR right? Won't hear any complaining come September when Little lines up as the 1.....

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And you're cool with Little as our #1 WR right? Won't hear any complaining come September when Little lines up as the 1.....

We're not done...

<><

#gmstrong
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Browns picks:

What picks do the Cleveland Browns have left in the 2014 NFL Draft?

By Joe Noga, Northeast Ohio Media Group on May 08, 2014 at 11:47 PM, updated May 09, 2014 at 1:52 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns have six (6) selections remaining in the 2014 NFL Draft.

In the second round on Friday, the Browns own the third pick, No. 35 overall.

In the third round, they have the 71st selection.

In the fourth round, the Browns own their pick in the sixth slot (106th overall); and the 27th pick (127th).

The Browns are in the fourth slot in round six (180th).

In round seven, Cleveland picks third (218th).

In Thursday's first round, the Browns selected Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert at No. 8 after trading the No. 4 pick to Buffalo. The Browns later traded up from the No. 26 pick to select Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just ignore him like I do jay.........guy has been a whiny gas bag the whole draft. I understand not liking a pick, but man.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And you're cool with Little as our #1 WR right? Won't hear any complaining come September
when Little lines up as the 1.....

And here I am thinking the draft isn't over yet . So we only get three picks this year damn

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just ignore him like I do jay.........guy has been a whiny gas bag the whole draft. I understand not liking a pick, but man.

yeah... I didn't notice much last night but tonight he's cracking me up

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
We return 80% of one of the best OL in the NFL from 2 years ago when they played a WCO/ZBS scheme. There was no need to take a G here. None. We are loaded with young players at Guard, and we just signed a veteran G to go along with them.

This was a bad pick, especially given the circumstances.

Man, this regime really does not like Mitchell Schwartz for some reason, despite the fact that he was very good in the ZBS as a rookie, before switching to Norv's scheme last year and struggling.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LITTLE?!? Honestly?

He should have been cut months ago.

I can just imagine Manziel throwing him the ball and him dropping it, again and again. Manziel has a heart attack and flatlines on the field.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And you think you can find a STARTING #1 rookie wide receiver in the 3rd or later?
I don't think so. You can find a guy that EVENTUALLY might make it. But how lucky would we have to be to find Gordons replacement this late in the draft?
Little is now the man. Better get used to the idea. Unless we are going to make a big trade to bring one in. Drafting a guy is pretty much out. Hell I hope we don't take one at all this year now. Get a running back. We're going to NEED a running game now.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Burleson may be our # 1 .. or someone we draft later.. WR draft is deep

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

told you 2 year ago its going to take years and a lot of FA to recover from what the drunkin nutcase did to this team.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
#881706 05/09/14 07:37 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LITTLE?!? Honestly?

He should have been cut months ago.

I can just imagine Manziel throwing him the ball and him dropping it, again and again. Manziel has a heart attack and flatlines on the field.

Well, he's the #1 WR on this team right now. Who else is there? Nate Burleson? he's aging and fragile. The kid we took from the Nati? he's a slot receiver. Not a #1.
So all we have at the moment is Greg Little. Unless they package some picks and trade for a vet from someone.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

And you think you can find a STARTING #1 rookie wide receiver in the 3rd or later? .

San Fran just got a proven starting WR in next year's 4th round.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I love that you are responding to someone who just said he has you on ignore.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
how many >= 2nrd round WRs have the browns done well with:
- QM
- dropcutt
- leon
- gordon
- MoMass
- Robo

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

There was no need to take a G here. None. We are loaded with young players at Guard

Loaded at guard?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

And you think you can find a STARTING #1 rookie wide receiver in the 3rd or later? .

And that may be what we have to do as well. Maybe a team will take a WR and have a glut that creates a move of a veteran.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I love that you are responding to someone who just said he has you on ignore.

I didn't see that. Works for me though....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Indeed. Hope they are on the phone with someone right now. Wish we would have given up a 3rd to the Bills and beat the Niners out of him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jags take Lee WR USC

Legend
Legend
Well, there goes Lee.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wonder if we can trade up and get a RB to back up Tate?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Once we passed on him there was no chance he would be there for our next pick.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I wouldn't burn picks to get a RB.

You can make running backs.

A running back can rarely make an offense.

I'd have no problem taking one in the third or fourth, but I do see other needs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Play great defense and RUN the football. Sounds good to me. We were too pass happy anyway. Now we have to go old school. Nothing wrong with that.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Wonder if we can trade up and get a RB to back up Tate?

We'll take a DL next, followed by the best punter on their board. .

Man that pick really disappoints me. It sucked the air out of the Browns draft party too, according to Bud Shaw. (what was left after the Gordon news)

C
Legend
Legend
C
Josh Gordon sucked the life out of the Browns draft party, not that pick.

Our front office is sticking to their board. This is something we should be happy about.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I wouldn't burn picks to get a RB.

You can make running backs.

A running back can rarely make an offense.

I'd have no problem taking one in the third or fourth, but I do see other needs.

Yeah, we could use a couple linebackers. But we do need a back up for Tate. I like the guy but he does get hurt a lot..... HOPE he can stay healthy but I'd sure feel better with a solid backup for him. If we can find one later thats fine. But with the situation now, we better be able to run the ball a LOT.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Indeed. Hope they are on the phone with someone right now. Wish we would have given up a 3rd to the Bills and beat the Niners out of him.

Shoot, we could have just included him in the trade instead of their 4th rounder. But I'm not convinced that we will resort to Little at #1, hopeful they have a plan.

Burleson and Hawkins are better than Bess. Its not much, but we do have that going for us. And we have (2) 1st rounders next year, so if we have to wait, the ammo is there.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Our front office is sticking to their board. This is something we should be happy about.

By all accounts, it looks like we haven't been panicking this year, and we've had plenty of pressure to do so.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 2nd Round Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard