Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
LeBron-to-Cavs news will eventually post on http://lebronjames.com . Nat'l media being fed misinformation. I stand by my source & story 100%.

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Sheridan sticking to this gives me a little bit of hope.

The guy has been around for a few decades now. Seems odd that he'd just fritter all of that away going down with the ship on a weak source.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I agree. I wonder who is his source.? I havn't seen many national guys say he is leaning towards the heat. Hopefully this will all be over tommorrow.

M
Legend
Legend
M

His kids flew home today!! Waaaa

M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree. If nothing else, the guy is going to establish enormous credibility or go down with ship. I can respect him either way sticking to his trusted sources. Anyone can waffle back and forth.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I wonder who is his source.?

If it's not someone at the top of LRMR or James himself, I think he's a fool for going so big on this.

Legend
Legend
Chris Bosh and LeBron James' Text Message Conversation About Their Next Moves from Zack Poitras
http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/94ea3...heir-next-moves

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am resisting the desire to make any predictions, but I dont think the lack of announcement means anything, either way.

Lebron knows what he is doing, and he told Riley last night what he is doing. He is taking his time so which ever team can make moves.

My dream scenario is Bron makes his announcement and we get a KLove trade announcement at the same time

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
All Pro
All Pro
j/c

LJ will talk w/family & make choice.

The wife and kids rule, Akron homecoming, Cavs a serious contender to win a championship.

GO BROWNS!
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Chris Bosh and LeBron James' Text Message Conversation About Their Next Moves from Zack Poitras
http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/94ea3...heir-next-moves

Classic!

Seems like that could be close to reality.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

j/c

The wife and kids rule, Akron homecoming, Cavs a serious contender to win a championship.

lebron is an Alpha Dog... my take is the desires of the family is down his list some, behind his personal desires... this is not imply he is not a good father / husband only that his priorities may lay in different order from the rest of us.

I hope he does decide to come back, but doubt he will and if not ... meh... we have parts in place and money and picks coming ( damn sounds ike the Browns, which in itself is pause for concern), so all is not lost if the favorite son decides to stay away.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I am resisting the desire to make any predictions, but I dont think the lack of announcement means anything, either way.

Lebron knows what he is doing, and he told Riley last night what he is doing. He is taking his time so which ever team can make moves.

My dream scenario is Bron makes his announcement and we get a KLove trade announcement at the same time

KING

Maybe that's just it? Could they be trying to get Minnesota to panic into taking a trade for Love? A deal with the Cavs is probably the best they're going to get regardless of who's involved. Nobody is going to break up a playoff roster or give up big rebuilding pieces to take on a 1-year rental for Love. Perhaps the Cavs are playing hardball, saying "if Lebron doesn't come here, this deal's off, and you will have nothing."

Legend
Legend
j/c...

I think Lebron went into the meeting yesterday with the intention of telling the Heat he was leaving.

From the comments of "no decision" and "think it over" and "talk with my family" I think slimeball riley was able to convince Lebron that it was all these outside sources pressuring him to go to Cleveland, including his family.

Lebron is a guy who, IIRC, didn't really have a father figure in his life, had a young mother, made the comments about "Dan Gilbert never really cared about Lebron James"... I'm sure Riley played into those comments and has tried to ingrain himself as a father figure to Lebron whether genuinely or manipulatively.

Why would Lebron need to talk to his family if he was going back to Cleveland? All reports were that his family, his agent, Nike were all on board with him coming back.

Anyways, the point of this is I don't really fault Lebron if he decides to stay in Miami. There's not an absolute "right" in this situation but I think he wants to find it after the last time went down how it did, and he wants that approval that he made the right decision. If Riley convinced him that he's the guy to give that approval (or convinced him that Gilbert is the opposite/fake of that) then I understand where its coming from.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
jc

What else is there to think about? The situation really hasn't changed in some time. I wonder if Riley went into that meeting with his absolute last ditch, best offer. Think off the court perks, under the table deals, etc.

Key word: wonder. I'm not saying that happened... just thinking out loud

R
Legend
Legend
R
Great post.

I had similar thoughts when I heard he was taking the night to think about it. I can't help but feel that taking the extra time is bad for the Cavs. I felt it when I heard it and still feel it now.

Hope Riley didn't do enough convincing though.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The guy has been around for a few decades now. Seems odd that he'd just fritter all of that away going down with the ship on a weak source.

His source is probably the webmaster for lebronjames.com

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

Quote:

lol funny you mention that.. Zac Jackson just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/mattborcas/status/487222720866680834/photo/1

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Could just be preparing for quick update. Preparation is key to timeliness.

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

lebron is an Alpha Dog... my take is the desires of the family is down his list some, behind his personal desires... this is not imply he is not a good father / husband only that his priorities may lay in different order from the rest of us.

I hope he does decide to come back, but doubt he will and if not ... meh... we have parts in place and money and picks coming ( damn sounds ike the Browns, which in itself is pause for concern), so all is not lost if the favorite son decides to stay away.

LeBron James’ wife reportedly wants him to sign with Cavs

She is pregnant and he will do what she says.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/l...ith-cavs/235060

GO BROWNS!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol funny you mention that.. Zac Jackson just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/mattborcas/status/487222720866680834/photo/1

funny Excl also wrote this in the other thread, "Like I said ... all signs either point to him coming back, or an extreme amount of trolling."

Sounds about right...

L
Legend
Legend
L
Exactly what I'm thinking..They have to hear the noise being generated a quick tweet from a rep would squash all this. So he is either coming back, or this is a epic troll job. But in true Lebron style I think he likes the attention either way

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

j/c

LeBron James’ wife reportedly wants him to sign with Cavs

She is pregnant and he will do what she says.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/l...ith-cavs/235060

If he is smart he will do as she asks, thats a given. And by many accounts he is a devoted father and husband... still these super stars are wired different and their own worth seems tied to their level of success.

the decisions they have made, ofttimes, are not what is the best interest of those around him but what is their perceived best interest for themselves.

This doesnt make him a bad person just one with other motivating factors

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
All Pro
All Pro
He flew all his old high school buddies from Akron to Vegas, LeBron is homesick, he is coming home.

GO BROWNS!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He flew all his old high school buddies from Akron to Vegas, LeBron is homesick, he is coming home.

link? source? sketchy twitter account?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

He's really not an alpha dog though ....... at least off the court. An alpha dog values his own opinion above all, and makes his own decisions ....... and Lebron values relationships. That is probably the biggest thing the Heat have going for them, and the Cavaliers weakest aspect.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Could just be preparing for quick update. Preparation is key to timeliness.

Remember the "breaking stories" that have popped up over the years that were "just in case" submissions to a website. I remember one frm Zac Jackson, though the content escapes me now, and another on the PD site that was not linked to the front page, but that someone founf floating in the ether.

I suspect that reporters often upload 2 versions of a huge story quite often, and then use the one they need, and update it as necessary.

I would guess that his website is doing the same thing.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

link? source? sketchy twitter account?

He posted pictures himself yesterday. They're all there.

No sign of anything unless you want it to be, though.

Legend
Legend
This could be bad. I still have a hard time believing that Griffin would give up 2 players he likes for nothing. He could have agreed to the trade of Jack in principle, without finalizing it, or could have traded him away while taking that other contract back. I just cannot believe that he would have given so much if he didn't have a strong indication that Lebron was coming back.

However ....... this still concerns me ...... either way.

Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 1m
RT @JasonLloydABJ LeBron James has cancelled plans to return to Akron, per ABJ sources. Now flying directly from Las Vegas to Brazil.

Legend
Legend
Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 2m
.@sheridanhoops told @KileyBooms that LeBron's announcement will be made on his website before he leaves for Brazil

Well ...... we'll see .........

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
not good, i said last night his travel plans today will be telling, 10% confidence

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
does anyone know for a fact which members of the cavs organization are in vegas right now?

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
I have no idea which way he's going.

I admit that I'll be ticked off if we wasted our opportunity this off-season. However, what can you do if you're the Cavs? You have to wait for him regardless ........

If he does wind up in Miami, I don't think that people in Cleveland will care if this situation pops up again. I think fans will take a "we won't be fooled again" mentality, and we won't see any "Welcome back Lebron" hype like this time around.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does anyone think Lebron is going to say "I'm going back to Cleveland" and then hop on a plane to Brazil?

He's going to switch teams, be the biggest story in all sports but not come to Cleveland for the fan fare?

Obviously plans can change quickly but if he canceled plans to come to Akron before going to Brazil is not a great sign for him returning to Cleveland.

I've said all along I though he would make one more run in Miami. I really hope he comes home but I'm no feeling it.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
It is impossible to say with Lebron.

Who thought that he would go on national TV 4 years ago just to rub Cleveland's noses in it?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Yeah, I think signs are pointing to Riley making quite an impression on LeBron last night. The canceling of coming home is not good.

Legend
Legend
Man, isn't this true .....

Rustin_Josh ‏@rustin_josh 37s
@RuiterWrongFAN I've heard more positive remarks about Syria, than Cleveland in the past three days.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Who thought that he would go on national TV 4 years ago just to rub Cleveland's noses in it?

Yeah but after that he jumped on a plane to Miami and had a huge pep rally with his new team.

I would think the team (and league) would want the same thing here if he moved. Brand, Promotion, $$$$

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
We'll see.

As I understand it, he was committed to go to Brazil ..... and wasn't going to break that.

I would think that he's going to make a decision soon, because he's got Bosh swinging in the wind right now. The Rockets have to sign Bosh first and then match the offer sheet they have on Parson ..... and that has to be done in the next 3 days, or else the opportunity there goes away.

Maybe Lebron is trying to get Bosh to move first, so he's not the primary bad guy? Who knows?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Does anyone think Lebron is going to say "I'm going back to Cleveland" and then hop on a plane to Brazil?

He's going to switch teams, be the biggest story in all sports but not come to Cleveland for the fan fare?

He and the big 3 were heavily critisized for having that huge blowout Welcome Party after the Decision. That's where the "not 1, not 2, not 3..." happened and it blew up in their face. I wouldn't read too much into the fact he might make an announcement and then jump on a plane to Brazil. What's the need to go back to Akron?

With all that being said, I've been on the "he's staying in Miami" bandwagon since this whole thing started. I haven't believed any of this moving trucks, why his kids are flying back to Cleveland, Steven A. Smith saying it's a done deal to return to Cleveland, or how his website may have Cavs colors prepared nonsense. He's not coming back to Cleveland. Book it.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah but after that he jumped on a plane to Miami and had a huge pep rally with his new team.

I would think the team (and league) would want the same thing here if he moved. Brand, Promotion, $$$$

He also had a lot more fanfare that time around. This time he's been a lot more lowkey. I think you are reading way too far into things right now, as is everybody.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs and NBA Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard