Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

Conflict is storyline and talent vs our owners letter...

Actually I can see that letter as a reason why he would want to come back to Cleveland. To prove he can win here. It's his hometown team, just as important mentally to him as Cleveland is to us. Otherwise why bother spending time off there. It means something to him.

No Craps Given
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I've never bought the "Hometown team" thing..

The guy's a bandwagoner Cowboys and Yankees fan...

He just happened to grow up an hour from Cleveland... and just "happened" to get drafted by them..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
E
Legend
Legend
E
Then why go back there every year? To a place that hates him. Why not live in Miami or NY or whatever high dollar city?

It's not like Akron is some high profile lifestyle place.

No Craps Given
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
he lives in akron. he made that distinction between cleveland and akron after the decision..

ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hey I live in Akron!

And once you get passed the random gunshots at 2am every now and then, it's a pretty swell place

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
E
Legend
Legend
E
After "the decision" didn't Akron have a sign up that essentially told him to go away in not so nice terms?

No Craps Given
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Sure, but a good majority still supported him when he left for Miami..

E
Legend
Legend
E
Well then why bother coming back to Cleveland? Cavs have a meddling owner, an unknown coach, and handful of young unproven guys and some cap space. Cleveland isnt a large market either. I don't see the draw unless there is a sentimental value added.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
spoels lucked his way into being considered a good coach IMO... whether lebron comes here or not i'd take blatt over him and blatts an unknown.

I also think cleveland has more talent flexibility to win long term and the money to get him the max. I'm sure theres many other facets we dont know bout though.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

After "the decision" didn't Akron have a sign up that essentially told him to go away in not so nice terms?

No, when you drive into Akron city limits there is a sign on the Welcome to Akron sign that says " home of Lebron James"

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Well then why bother coming back to Cleveland? Cavs have a meddling owner, an unknown coach, and handful of young unproven guys and some cap space. Cleveland isnt a large market either. I don't see the draw unless there is a sentimental value added.

I'm of the belief right now that if/when Lebron James picks the Cavs, that Andrew Wiggins will be traded for Kevin Love. You have a big 3 of Lebron, Love, and Irving. You still have some pieces, and you can still probably sign a vet for the minimum. Ray Allen, whomever. That situation going forward is better than Miami.

I think that's got Lebron excited to come back. That's my theory. Either that, or he really, realllllllllllly likes Andrew Wiggins, which apparently he has blown away people in the short time he's been in Vegas..

I think it's either that situation or Lebron is going to put on a giant troll job to Dan Gilbert. I wouldn't bet on that, as Lebron, A) has grown up enough, and B) has his own blame for that whole situation 4 years ago.

Lebron not coming to the Cavs at this point is bad for everyone involved, PR-wise.

I really don't know what the hold up is. Miami can't do anything with their roster, and the Cavs either have this Love deal or they don't.

And I can't unerstand how he is only talking to his family about this now. I mean hasn't this been something in mind for a while now?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jc

mo williams calls out article as fake:

https://twitter.com/mowilliams

#gmstrong
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You say "meddling" owner..

I say a guy that has stated emphatically he'll go over the tax every year and pay whatever he has to to win...

Arison amnestied Mike Miller to save money..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeBrons decision will be announced like they announce the Pope...

If its Cleveland, it'll be white smoke. If its Miami, you'll see black smoke from his house in Akron burning down.

Legend
Legend
Plus, I watched one of the talking heads talking about Lebron, and he said that he greatly dislikes the Heat owner's actions as well ...... but Lebron is able to "compartmentalize" parts of the business. He is in numerous contracts with many, many companies, and he doesn't like all of those who own those companies ..... but he deals with the people he likes, and ignores the rest so he can have a healthy business relationship.

If the Cavaliers win a title with James, I don't know that Lebron would hug Gilbert, but he would not make any fuss out of him being in the locker room celebrating with the players who like him.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

I say a guy that has stated emphatically he'll go over the tax every year and pay whatever he has to to win...

I'm with you on this one. Always appreciated Dan's open pockets.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Our payroll under Gilbert went over $90 million.

Miami, in the 4 years with the big 3, never paid that much.

The problem with the Cavaliers wasn't that they didn't spend the money, it was that we never really had many opportunities to bring in the huge stars to play alongside Lebron, and his refusal to take the longer extension kept free agents away, because they thought that he was going to bail as soon as he could. (which he did)

This time around might be different, because he would be choosing to return. We aren't going to be signing many free agents if he returns, because we will instead look at trades. Therecould well be a different dynamic this time around.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

I also think too much is made of the letter.. The way lebron went about the decision was complete douchebaggery, all the cavs fans crushed, he felt he needed something to rally the troops so to speak.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Lebron's website is inexplicably bad. I could build a better site in an hour starting with a free wordpress theme.

Glad somebody else noticed: http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/spo...apocalypse.html

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

He sure doesn't mind showing it.

Well, he's earned it.

Imagine if you could stop the proverbial world like he can, everyone hanging on your decision. And it's a decision that's not life or death, or something that is urgent.

Wouldn't you play around with that?

The guy hasn't said a word, and he looks like he's just going about his business, but he's got to be loving this on a certain level.

Hell, I would.

KId who came from nothing and now rules the world?

I'll let him be an egomaniac to an extent.

The Decision was out of line.

Everything else he's done since is fine by me, really.

At this point, if he's going to Miami, he needs to stop this. Shoot a text to Broussard or Woj saying 'No to Cleveland'. He doesn't even owe the org. an answer. But if you're staying, end this.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Thats what's upsetting . That if he strings the NBA along and then spurns the cavs yet again...that won't look right..he could have stopped this nonsense days ago. i guess they are saying that NBA execs are getting annoyed because lebron in the domino everyone is waiting to fall so everything is on freeze

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Someone with the Heat just told me LeBron has left Las Vegas. He's on a jet headed to Miami before going to Brazil for the World Cup Final.

https://twitter.com/VictorOquendo

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ooh a miami news anchor getting the scoop!

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here's a theory I had that I haven't seen mentioned yet...

Any chance the delay in this decision is LeBron making sure the Cavs get the details ironed out on a KLove deal before announcing?

Maybe he's waiting for a "Yes, the deal is in place and here's what we're giving up" before announcing...?

L
Legend
Legend
L
Supposedly there is a trade in place just waiting for lebron to say yes, and supposedly Lebrons reps know exactly what the details are.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Last legit source I read said Minnesota was "playing hardball" with Love talks.

I know local guys say deal is in place but national guys have said Minnesota isn't making it easy.

L
Legend
Legend
L
because they want wiggins and the cavs aren't wanting to part with him. They basically will offer anyone not names kyrie and picks..probably andy is untouchable as well

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's my point though, perhaps LeBron is waiting til an agreement is reached before committing to Cavs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Broussard just tweeted and confirmed, LeBron on a flight to Miami. Then off to Brazil.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Well Broussard just confirmed Lebron is on the way to Miami right now..So i think Sheridan is full of it..I just want this to be over

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cleveland won't win either way. Either we are hypocrites for taking him back or losers for thinking we had a shot at him

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't know if it's true but someone on Twitter said there's direct flights from Miami to Brazil so him flying to Miami means nothing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The ultimate anti decision would be his website announcing while everyone sleeps and he's on a plane...

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
maybe he announces at the world cup. what bigger audience than that?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Don't know if it's true but someone on Twitter said there's direct flights from Miami to Brazil so him flying to Miami means nothing.

This ^^^. A lot of people connect in Miami on their way to Brazil. I'll be in the airport on my way home on Saturday.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Wait, so Lebron is flying commercial to the World Cup in the midst of Decision 2.0? I don't think so.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Chris Sheridan says the decision is unfolding...This guy is sticking to his story.

Chris Sheridan

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As someone who knows how the "source" world works (I have connections with UK athletic department), Sheridan seems like someone who is losing confidence in his source but sticking and hoping its right so he can be "the guy"

I don't think even Sheridan believes what he's tweeting.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
DWade is on flight with LeBron back to Miami per Wojinarski.

He's gonna stay in Miami and Sheridan loses his reputation.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Broussard on James' Flight...It's been planned for months.

Chris Broussard

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs and NBA Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard