P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Read that the other day., that's really not the first time one of his teammates has said positive things about him. Haden has been saying it for a while. I guess we'll see.

yea. if the cocaine cowboy makes it through the next 2 weeks without getting in trouble.

Excuse me,, But was it written by someone and proven to be fact that he used drugs? Or is that just you saying it?

I'm also going to need some links to confirm he's getting laid a lot. He may just be taking photos with these scantily clad women.

Until we get some confirmation, it's best to assume that he's a virgin.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Read that the other day., that's really not the first time one of his teammates has said positive things about him. Haden has been saying it for a while. I guess we'll see.

yea. if the cocaine cowboy makes it through the next 2 weeks without getting in trouble.

Excuse me,, But was it written by someone and proven to be fact that he used drugs? Or is that just you saying it?

I'm also going to need some links to confirm he's getting laid a lot. He may just be taking photos with these scantily clad women.

Until we get some confirmation, it's best to assume that he's a virgin.

the difference of course is that getting laid won't be something he'll get banned from the league for doing. Sarcasm aside, until we know, we don't know.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
If you need confirmation that the sky is blue, I get it, but let's leave the 'we' out of it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's always a good joke to make it look like you're a coke head. I mean it always gives an athletic career a positive bump.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If you need confirmation that the sky is blue, I get it, but let's leave the 'we' out of it.

This is one of those neat arguments where you can't be wrong.. if he gets busted you can say, "See, I told you so." and if he never gets busted, you can just say he hasn't been caught "Yet"...

yebat' Putin
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
It has nothing to do with being right or wrong.

If you don't believe he was doing cocaine in Vegas that weekend, that's fine, and I'd ask that you give me a buzz about some fantastic land I have available in south Florida.

But don't do the 'excuse me, do you have a link or is this speculation?' thing. I mean, c'mon, even for Damanshot, that's bad.

I don't fault the guy for getting his beak wet. Just don't get your picture taken rolling a bill in a bathroom.

Legend
Legend
I am thinking Hoyer held the ball less long and I want to add my own impression that the guys played harder for him than Weeds. I swear they seemed to sag as a unit when Hoyer went down and was replaced. Not sure I blame them. We all need to believe, even though they should be professionals, have mental toughness, I agree without argument. But part of this is Hoyer produced for them as the offense. There was adifferent gear present on the field.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
A
Legend
Legend
A
Who knows.

If I were him, in the media constantly (I still don't understand all the hype about him - why anything and everything he does is scrutinized and published - I mean, he's making the Kardashians re think their marketing).......but, If I were him, I'd get a kick out of faking photos just to see who ran with it.

With that said, I do think he's a spoiled, pompous jerk...............spoiled from mom and dad's money, pompous from that as well (well, it was grandpa's money, wasn't it?)

Hey, we just got a dog. I love the thing. I call it "Big Dummie".........if you were to take a 2 second clip of me calling it "Big Dummie", I bet you could get PETA on me. Until they saw the whole picture.

JM is just cocky enough that he may have set up that picture of him in the bathroom. Just to get a reaction.

OR, he's stupid enough to get caught in that picture unknowingly. The NFL and the Browns will find out.

Until then....................doesn't matter, does it?

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I am thinking Hoyer held the ball less long and I want to add my own impression that the guys played harder for him than Weeds. I swear they seemed to sag as a unit when Hoyer went down and was replaced. Not sure I blame them. We all need to believe, even though they should be professionals, have mental toughness, I agree without argument. But part of this is Hoyer produced for them as the offense. There was adifferent gear present on the field.

It also helped that he Minnesota, the leagues worst passing defense in NFL history. Then we played a division rival at home, early in the season.

You're right, he led the league in release time for those two starts. Which, of course was better than Weeden holding it for 5 seconds every down and getting sacked. There was a different look because Hoyer was competent, but is he better than competent? I guess were going to find out. Anyone looks good compared to Weeden.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I'm really not sure why anyone in their right mind would 'fake' a photo of them committing a felony (a week after their boss told them to tone it down, no less).

I mean, I know the kid's an idiot, but that would be a whole new level.

If for some weird reason that were the case, that would be far more troubling to me than if he were doing cocaine.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I just hope he realizes he can be a LeBron type star in Cleveland and around the league OR... The biggest bust in NFL history. A laughingstock who lets Ryan Leaf off the hook.

He already has the celebrity status without actually having done anything in this sport (which, to me, is the surest sign of a bust getting ready to happen). Now, he just needs to figure out how to live up to his own hype. It'd be great if he proves me wrong... really great, but I don't think he will.

This is Hoyer's team, and I don't think Manziel has it in him to get serious enough to take it away and keep it. Even if he buckles down for a bit, he'll slip. He's a partier, not a football player.

This is Hoyer's team? Hardly.

Hoyer has to prove himself as well. Not only does he need to prove he is fully healed, fit, and ready to go. He has to prove he can stay fit longer then just a few games and be a consistent winner.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Fine.. you are 100% certain. As I said, it's an argument you cannot lose.

yebat' Putin
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Again, there's not really any argument or right/wrong to be had here.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

But keep in mind, YOU have him dead on doing cocaine.

Quote:

If you don't believe he was doing cocaine in Vegas that weekend, that's fine, and I'd ask that you give me a buzz about some fantastic land I have available in south Florida.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

...there's not really any argument or right/wrong to be had here.

Well now, when one guys says one thing and the other guy says something else and it goes back and forth a couple of times somebody is trying to be right and somebody will be wrong.

#gmstrong
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Common sense has him dead on doing cocaine. I'm just concurring with it.

If you read what you've just quoted, you'll see that I'm essentially saying I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who believes he wasn't.

I was more making fun of Damanshot than looking to argue with him.

If someone wants to be in denial about it, I'm not going to try and talk them out of it.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you read what you've just quoted, you'll see that I'm essentially saying I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who believes he wasn't.

If someone wants to be in denial about it, I'm not going to try and talk them out of it.

Question for you - and you seem to be up on drug testing in the nfl:

If the NFL has a reason to believe someone is doing drugs, or if the Browns themselves questioned it - isn't there a way they can test him? I know the NFL and any NFL team are not the police.

If he's a cokehead, we'll find out soon enough, right? You may end up right, you may end up wrong - but convicting him as of now, as you have done, is foolish.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

If the NFL has a reason to believe someone is doing drugs, or if the Browns themselves questioned it - isn't there a way they can test him?

Not really, no.

Quote:

If he's a cokehead, we'll find out soon enough, right?

Again, no.

And I don't know if a night of partying qualifies the guy as a 'cokehead'.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Question for you - and you seem to be up on drug testing in the nfl:

If the NFL has a reason to believe someone is doing drugs, or if the Browns themselves questioned it - isn't there a way they can test him? I know the NFL and any NFL team are not the police.

If he's a cokehead, we'll find out soon enough, right? You may end up right, you may end up wrong - but convicting him as of now, as you have done, is foolish.

Players are tested for banned recreational drugs only once per year. If Manziel had his test during offseason workouts, he faces no further testing until April 20, 2015.

Unless, of course, the powers-that-be regard the photo as reasonable cause for asking Manziel to donate a cup of urine for insertion into a machine that will determine whether the urine contains evidence of any banned substances.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...eresting-photo/

pretty sure its like any that drug test once a year. if they find cause they can test.
----------

A 2006 survey by the Society for Human Resource Management found that 84 percent of employers required new hires to pass drug screenings, and 39 percent randomly tested employees after they were hired. In addition, 73 percent tested workers when drug use was suspected and 58 percent required testing after accidents on the job.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

If the NFL has a reason to believe someone is doing drugs, or if the Browns themselves questioned it - isn't there a way they can test him?

Not really, no.

Quote:

Again, no.

This is where a 'coke head' has it over a pot smoker. Manziel could have been doing rails all night on a Friday night and still pass a drug screening on Tuesday morning. Meanwhile if he hits a joint he's busted all month.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

There is a right/wrong to be had here.. either he did or he didn't. You claim to know, I claim to not know.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
But, you are certain he was doing cocaine, right?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not really, no.

Quote:

Again, no.

This is where a 'coke head' has it over a pot smoker. Manziel could have been doing rails all night on a Friday night and still pass a drug screening on Tuesday morning. Meanwhile if he hits a joint he's busted all month.

as it should be. pot is worse than coke.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

But, you are certain he was doing cocaine, right?

In the end, who knows, he may have just been posing for a picture as a joke.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

as it should be. pot is worse than coke.

Joke's getting a little tired, man. Craft some new material.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

There is a right/wrong to be had here.. either he did or he didn't. You claim to know, I claim to not know.

Like I said...if you're going to try and argue that maybe he wasn't, I'm not going to waste my time arguing about it.

And maybe O.J. didn't kill two people.

I mean, after all, we don't know, right?

When I see a guy rolling up a bill in a bathroom, and later see him with blasted owl eyes, I know what's going on.

If you're 'not sure'...fair enough.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c

back to the football and the jff. or the cocaine cowboy.

--------------

Cleveland Browns Film Room: A look at Johnny Manziel

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/06/cleveland-browns-film-room-a-look-at-johnny-manziel/

wfny did this with every rookie. this jff one was the worse. jmo.

here is what they did with the other rookies.

Cleveland Browns Film Room: A look at Joel Bitonio

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/06/cleveland-browns-film-room-a-look-at-joel-bitonio/

Last edited by pblack18707; 07/14/14 06:16 PM.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

In the end, who knows, he may have just been posing for a picture as a joke.

It's exactly the kind of thing I'd do at 19-22 years of age. And ESPECIALLY if there were pics being taken of me everywhere I went.

[Clem, to his buddies]: "Hey- they can't stop snapping our pics? Let's give'em something to really snap..."

...while never coming near the actual drug.

I know I would, because I did similar stupid things back then.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said earlier, if that were the case, it would worry me more than if he was doing cocaine.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said...if you're going to try and argue that maybe he wasn't, I'm not going to waste my time arguing about it.

And maybe O.J. didn't kill two people.

I mean, after all, we don't know, right?

When I see a guy rolling up a bill in a bathroom, and later see him with blasted owl eyes, I know what's going on.

So, don't waste your time. He's either a coke head or he's not. We'll find out, won't we? I'm glad you don't sit in judgement.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

He's either a coke head or he's not.

I never said he was a cokehead.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Well..............I tried to make this about football. Remember, the original post was about football. But you guys ignore the football posts and keep repeating the same tired opinions over and over and over.

This isn't Pure Football. It's People Magazine. It's all about who people like. If it is Gordon, let's defend him. If it is Bess, let's cut him. If it is Haden, he has ADD. If it is Manziel, he is a coke head.

Can y'all put this stupid discussion in the Tailgate forum and quit messing up Pure football? Please?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
This is coming from the guy who couldn't go a post without mentioning Gordon with a pill bottle and a hookah a couple months back?

V
Legend
Legend
V
This could be a real football post. Stop your stupid Middle School slandering crap. Save it for the BS threads. There are plenty.

Are you telling me you really can't comment on any of the real football talk in this thread and that you just have to keep bad-mouthing Manziel at ever turn? Seriously?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Stop your stupid Middle School slandering crap.

...says the guy who used to call the team president 'Pig Face'.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay man. I will get off this thread and you can continue your Middle School attacks until your content.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
It's not a 'middle school attack'.

I haven't called you names. I've just pointed out your actions. How is that a middle school attack?

When it comes to the things you whine about, most of the time you're one of the biggest offenders.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, I lied.

I wasn't talking about your attacks on me. I could care less about that BS. I was talking about how you guys are bickering about Manziel. There are plenty of threads to do that crap. This one actually had real football in it. You can't just give us one thread to talk about Manziel's football ability? Not even one? Apparently not.

Okay, now I am done and you guys can go back at it. I realized that the only time the thread slowed down was when I tried to interject some football conversation. It's not a popular discussion. Have at it.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Dude, it's July and the guy the thread is about just got caught rolling a bill in a Vegas bathroom.

If you want to talk football, talk football and stop whining that you have to scroll down for two more seconds.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

He's either a coke head or he's not.

I never said he was a cokehead.

But you said this:
Quote:

Blasted owl eyes. Hmmm........

And you also said
Quote:

As well as
Quote:

It would seem you are stereotyping JM based on your opinion, wouldn't it?

Now, if you have proof other than "I think.....",my guess is you would share it.

Perhaps I'm wrong (just like you were about LBJ coming back to Cleveland), And yes, apparently you know a lot more about drugs than me. That's something to hang your hat on.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel discussion(s) ...continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard