Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
C
Legend
Legend
C
I am not sure that letter was written by Dan Gilbert as it is not in Comic-Sans.

Legend
Legend
LeBron James meets with Cavaliers coach David Blatt, GM David Griffin for first time, report says | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/08/lebron_james_meets_with_cavali.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Nearly a month after returning to the Cavaliers, LeBron James finally met with his new coach.

James and David Blatt got acquainted at the team's training facility in Independence Tuesday, ESPN reported. The get-to-know was also the first time James met in person with Cavaliers GM David Griffin.

James showed up about 10 pounds lighter after adjusting his diet and cutting down on carbs, the report said.

James later posted a photo on Instagram of himself working out with new Cavaliers swingman Mike Miller at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. The Cavaliers will introduce Miller along with free agent guard James Jones at a news conference Wednesday.

Blatt, heading into his first season as an NBA head coach, is eager to work with James.

"To say I'm excited and happy would qualify as one of the great understatements of the millennium," Blatt told reporters back in July upon finding out James had decided to sign with the Cavs.

Blatt said he's met James two other times, at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 and London Olympics four years later when he was coaching the Russian national team.

It's been a hectic few weeks for James. After switching teams and then traveling the globe making appearances, he and his two sons spent time Monday helping fix up an Akron family's crumbling house, even operating a backhoe, as part of his work for his foundation. The segment will air on HGTV's "Rehab Addict" in the fall.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
The fact that James is just now meeting Blatt and Griffin is very strange. I don't it means anything, it is just strange.

Legend
Legend
It's the first face-to-face, but they've all talked over the phone or video conference many times. Not sure why this is "news".

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
It's news because LeBron is now emaciated, he's lost like 50 pounds since the finals... at least that's what I read on the internet.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I read somewhere that he'd bulked up a lot in Miami to play effective PF, but if we're going to get a PF ....

#gmstrong
gage #898304 08/06/14 12:57 PM
Legend
Legend
Read that Chauncey Billups visited yesterday. He'd be a great mentor for Kyrie.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

The fact that James is just now meeting Blatt and Griffin is very strange. I don't it means anything, it is just strange.

Everything about LeBron is more or less strange.

He's bigger than the game, and that lends to a lot of odd scenarios.

PDR #898306 08/06/14 07:18 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
Wow did you see Lebron refute that report about meeting with Blatt and Griffin? Seems like he went out of his way to shame Windy... Seemed like he (Windhorst) was left out in the cold on the news of his return to Cleveland too. Other ESPN reporters, as well as rogue guys like Sheridan all had some inside stuff, but Windy seemed to think he was not going back almost right up until the letter was put out. Interesting.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Wow did you see Lebron refute that report about meeting with Blatt and Griffin? Seems like he went out of his way to shame Windy... Seemed like he (Windhorst) was left out in the cold on the news of his return to Cleveland too. Other ESPN reporters, as well as rogue guys like Sheridan all had some inside stuff, but Windy seemed to think he was not going back almost right up until the letter was put out. Interesting.

I sort of like that he's gone out of his way to give ESPN a big middle finger this off-season.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I sort of like that he's gone out of his way to give ESPN a big middle finger this off-season.

It sure does seem that way, doesn't it?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Speaking of which ... I see Dan Tubbylard ... er, Lebatard has gone out of his way to buy a billboard in Akron with two rings on it that says, "You're Welcome Lebron"

I think Lebron should respond with a billboard in Miami and a picture of Lebatard riding his nuts to a better ESPN gig with the caption of "You're welcome too".

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Speaking of which ... I see Dan Tubbylard ... er, Lebatard has gone out of his way to buy a billboard in Akron with two rings on it that says, "You're Welcome Lebron"

I think Lebron should respond with a billboard in Miami and a picture of Lebatard riding his nuts to a better ESPN gig with the caption of "You're welcome too".

Man, he's really something.

That's a whole lot of petty for one man to haul around constantly.

I wonder how many rings Miami would have won without Lebron. Well, we'll find out starting this year. They added a couple of pieces, and replaced Lebron about as well as they could have with Deng, our former starting SF. (You're welcome Miami)

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yeah, what a turd. Believing that Miami had anything to do with those Championships. LeBron, Bosh and Wade could have hooked up in Guatemala and won the NBA championship there. Miami just had the cap room/insider information

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Miami just had the cap room/insider information

And the weather and the beaches and the lifestyle and the glitz and glamour...

Just out of curiosity, who is Tard saying "You're welcome" on behalf of? Did he pull off the trade? Did he lure the big 3 to Miami? Did he do one single thing that led to those championships? He should be thanking LeBron (and Bosh) for giving him something other than sub par football, sub par baseball, mediocre basketball, and sub par college sports to talk about for the last 4 years.

Fortunately, I expect LeBron to be the bigger man and not even acknowledge it.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Yeah, what a turd. Believing that Miami had anything to do with those Championships. LeBron, Bosh and Wade could have hooked up in Guatemala and won the NBA championship there. Miami just had the cap room/insider information

I take it none of you who are getting worked up have any background in marketing or publicity.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It sure does seem that way, doesn't it?

Makes you wonder if they had more of a hand in The Decision than previously thought. Why else the backlash toward an outlet that pushes the needle for him?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P

PDR #898316 08/07/14 09:27 AM
S
Legend
Legend
S
Guess there's only one thing left to do...

PDR #898317 08/07/14 09:38 AM
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
A month ago I was against giving up Wiggins & Bennett for Love but now I am all for it.

Lebron, Love and Kyrie are a sure thing that are proven and can win NOW!

"A bird in the hand is better then two in the bush."

PDR #898318 08/07/14 09:42 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WOJ Bomb

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
We have so much shooting and two guys who are lethal when attacking the basket.

RIP eastern conference

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

L
Legend
Legend
L
and if they add Marion as expected and possibly a vet like billups, this will be a much better team than miami ever fielded. Mostly because we built the foundation first and had alot more to start with..Miami started with Wade...big difference. This team will be setup for continuity as well. Going to be some fun basketball these next few years.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Quote:

and if they add Marion as expected and possibly a vet like billups, this will be a much better team than miami ever fielded. Mostly because we built the foundation first and had alot more to start with..Miami started with Wade...big difference. This team will be setup for continuity as well. Going to be some fun basketball these next few years.

Marion AND possibly Ray Allen too.

The only problem I have with this annoucement, until it's explained to me, how to the Cavs and KL have an agreement on a 5y/$120m extension before it happens? Couldn't KL still walk after he opts out next year? Couldn't the Cavs not offer the deal if KL gets his head ripped off by a tiger while visiting the zoo?

Outside of a handshake deal, what's keeping this deal from blowing up in 12 months?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Lebron, Love and Kyrie are a sure thing that are proven and can win NOW!

While I'm excited, I wouldn't say it's a "sure thing" ... Kyrie, Love and Varejao have some pretty big injury potential between the three of them. I think the next trade we should work out is for the Phoenix medical and training staff.

Happy with the trade though. The fact that we didn't give up anything more than Wiggins and Bennett means we at least have some depth to our roster. I also wonder if we'll be bringing in Matrix and Allen, which would give us a pretty dang-good bench.

Legend
Legend
Get used to seeing this fellas. Instead of Brewer it will be a freakish monster on fastbreaks.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Man, that is freaking awesome!!! Can you imagine LeBron and Kyrie on the other end of Love's outlets?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I dont follow BB much.

Did Corey Brewer shot like 70% last year, damn he must have been on 90 % of those outlets.

Like you said... awesome

I will go them when they come to dallas though.

Last edited by texaslostdawg; 08/07/14 06:46 PM.
Legend
Legend
Hey, if Hoyer and Manziel don't work out...

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was going to put that in my post, tex. LOL.............Brewer was on the receiving end of so many of those passes. His FG percentage had to be pretty high.

I am old enough to remember Wes Unseld play. Those two hand over the head outlets were just like Unseld's. Did you also notice the two-handed passes he made that started around his waist? Freaking incredible.

Legend
Legend
Trying to convince my dad and brother that getting Love for two guys who have done less than zilch in the NBA, and a pick we may never even have recieved, is a great deal, is a lot harder that I thought...

Sign Marion to shore up the defense, and its looking like we've got Kyrie and Love locked up through their primes, I can't see LeBron leaving any time soon, and a plethora of young talent and assetts...

Good times.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
but are those transition passes going to work in our Princeton Offense??

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Trying to convince my dad and brother that getting Love for two guys who have done less than zilch in the NBA, and a pick we may never even have recieved, is a great deal, is a lot harder that I thought...

Sign Marion to shore up the defense, and its looking like we've got Kyrie and Love locked up through their primes, I can't see LeBron leaving any time soon, and a plethora of young talent and assetts...

Good times.

I think too many people are under the assumption that Wiggins is the next Lebron. He's not. He's very good, and I think has all star potential, but are we really that excited if Lebron (which would then include Love) are not on this team? Are we talking about championships going forward with a core of Irving, Wiggins, Bennett, etc...?

There are teams in the NBA, like Boston, who wanted KL to be the centerpiece they build around.

I understand that this team defensively looks really bad but I truly believe that this group can work together. People have said for years that Kevin Love and Lebron have styles that could mesh perfectly. Irving will have to play off the ball a little bit more, but I really think he's still gonna bring down the ball a lot...

N
Legend
Legend
N
Nate Silver's projections have the new Cavs at 65wins. He notes (and I agree) that it is likely high given that it should take some time to figure each other out on the court, but also that many people are over-estimating the defensive issues.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
There was a Woj report that the draft pick we are trading is the 1st rounder that Miami owes us for .... (snicker) Lebron. It is a top 10 protecte pick, and that is the only pick we have with the protection of top 10 only.

We will also have our 1st rounder, and a 1st rounder from Memphis, protected this year for 1-5 and 15-30. (or something like that) Eventually the protections wear off on that draft pick, though, and it can become unprotected by 2018 or 2019.

We still have $3 million in non guaranteed deals, and a $3 million trade exception fro t he Gee trade. Next year we'll have out 1st rounders, and Boston's 2nd, (whch should be better than ours) and Haywood's non guaranteed $10 million contract, which he'll never see, but which we can use in a lopsided trade.

Man .... think about all of that for a minute ..... we have Kyrie, Lebron, Love, Waiters, Thompson, Andy, and still have major assets to use to make more moves. Wow!

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Boston's second rounder is protected from 31-55. We're not going to get it.

PDR #898335 08/08/14 11:31 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ah, I must have missed that.

Even so ....w e're in pretty incredible shape overall.

PDR #898336 08/08/14 11:32 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Who protects 2nd rounders for the top 2/3rds of the second round?

Might as well tossed in a box of donuts instead.

Legend
Legend
It's too bad Lebron is sponsored by Coke ... we might of seen some Uncle Drew, Wes and Wise Lebron ballin' on a playground somewhere.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA Thread, Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard