Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Legend
Legend
D
I think Suh could play any DL position in either a 3-4 or a 4-3. He's a freak, a difference-maker, and a game-changer. I'd take him in a New York minute.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart
Originally Posted By: 1JohnnyG
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
It can work either way.. Albert Haynesworth or Reggie White.

Haynesworth was as nasty as Suh and maybe we need Nasty.

But Reggie White was nasty also, but with a brain. I'd rather have that.

I'm afraid Suh would become our Haynesworth: pay him a boatload of money to decide to flop down on the ground every play and let people roll right past him.

Haynesworth was a disaster in Washington.

Don't like Suh, and don't think he'd be worth the money he'll ask on the downside of his career.

Downside of his career? He's only 27 and in the prime of his career.

Yeah, I understand. If there were a way he would play like the prime of his career during his contract, maybe he'd be worth a shot. But I've watched him stomp on guys on the ground. That goes beyond aggressive play.

Over the years I've seen lots of players sign the big contract and then dog it, like Haynesworth.

If we got a Reggie White like the Packers did at the end of his career (he sacked opp QB TWICE on one drive to win a Super Bowl), fantastic.

We'll see whoever signs Suh if they get their money's worth. Maybe it will be the Browns?

Signing a star to play for you 2nd half of his career is like drafting a rookie #1. Never know what you're gonna get: hero or bum. Comparing the character of a Reggie White compared to Suh not surprising White who played so well worked while I've just got a gut feeling Suh won't.

Thanks. Happy New Year. :-)

Dave #907616 12/27/14 08:22 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
I think Suh could play any DL position in either a 3-4 or a 4-3. He's a freak, a difference-maker, and a game-changer. I'd take him in a New York minute.

And play him where? At the Nose? So you're going to take this freak and ask him to change to a position he's never played before. You're going to ask him to refrain from attacking the QB and instead you want him to just eat up blocks and clog up the middle so our linebackers(that suck) can make plays? I don't think he's going to be very happy playing that way.... He's a FREAK at playing inside on a 4-3 line. He's played there his entire career. College and the Pro's. Now, I have no problem signing Suh to a HUGE deal, as that is what it would take to bring him here. But if you sign a guy like that to a deal THAT big? You let him play HIS position. And that is 4-3 DT. Otherwise you're making him a project. And you don't sign an 80 million dollar project unless you're insane.

It's a moot point anyway. Suh isn't going to come here. No big time players want to come to the place careers die. And he sure won't sign with a 3-4 team. There are plenty of 4-3 teams out there that would kill to have Suh.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
D
Legend
Legend
D
You act like its cast in stone that we run a 3-4 all the time, or that if we did, he couldn't play DE. I think he could play 3-4 DE very well. Besides, most teams run various hybrid defenses depending on the situation. If you needed Suh to play 3-4 NT at some point, I bet he would dominate. Is it his most productive position? No. But he'd play it well, IMO.

bonefish #908943 12/28/14 08:43 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
anyone just watch him step on Rodgers ankle? once accidentally and the other seemed intentional. He stayed on it for a few seconds longer than he should have.

that move probably cost him some money and his dirty player stigma being "in the woods"

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
SaintDawg #908949 12/28/14 08:50 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
Oh, I'd trade Gordon straight up for Suh. Right now.

I'm sure this was crazy, Madden-related, personal "I'm pretending to think logical about this" thought....but for the sake of argument :), why would the Browns trade a WR to a team that already has one of the best and a solid # 2 for a player that will become a FA in a few weeks?

Tackles are tackles.
bonefish #908951 12/28/14 08:51 PM
Legend
Legend
did anyone see the next dirty play by Suh tonight?

I don't think I'd break the bank for him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
bonefish #908981 12/28/14 09:25 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
that was my comment dawgs smile

Legend
Legend
Rodgers was none to happy with Suh when he did it. Expect a nice fine from the commish this week.

#GMSTRONG
bonefish #908994 12/28/14 09:40 PM
Legend
Legend
I'd pursue Jerry Hughes to be honest

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
After reconsidering, I want nothing to do with Suh. Yeah he's talented, but what good is it if you can't count on him. I personally think he should be suspended next week- that was a purposeful attempt to injure the ankle- he even made a point to lift his other leg and put all of his weight on it, almost bouncing on it.... what a jerk.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Here is the link to the article/video:

Did Ndamukong Suh step on Aaron Rodgers twice on purpose?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-002410086.html

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Here is the link to the article/video:

Did Ndamukong Suh step on Aaron Rodgers twice on purpose?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-002410086.html

Wow. What a dirtbag player.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dirtbag or not, we could use him in a Browns uni.

Legend
Legend
We already have a player constantly on the verge of being suspended.

I think Suh is a dirty player, but I'm not sure what he did means he should be suspended. But, then again, considering his history, it's not surprising at all.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

E
Legend
Legend
E
I thought he would get suspended for 6 games or so. If no carry over then maybe I still want him - is it possible steroid use makes him do these things. Reminds me of Alzado.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think N. Suh is a really good player, but he's dirty.

While I think Cleveland would benefit from that kind of attitude and intensity, he doesn't seem to care that his actions hurt his teammates as well.

I'm also not interested in making him the highest paid defensive player in the league. I would rather use that money and bring in 4 or 5 good free agents, as opposed to just 1 elite one.

Pass on N. Suh

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Does he have 3-4 experience? Not even sure he would fit our scheme, I think Detroit has been a 4-3 team his entire career.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
D
Legend
Legend
D

I normally wouldn't think a suspension is really a big deal, but when it falls on a playoff game then yes... I like the punishment. He just let his entire team and organization down and for what? To try to sneak in a low-blow? This dude is incredibly dirty and he will forever have taht reputation attached to him.

Legend
Legend
With his history, one game is kinda of interesting but considering his teammate recently did the same thing and got one game I suppose it warranted.

The guy is filthy dirty. He makes pigpen in a peanuts comic look clean.

#GMSTRONG
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

And.....now he isn't. What a load of crap; so much for the league giving a darn about player safety.
Suh wins appeal

If GB and Detroit meet again, I have someone take that idiot out. Someone posted his rap sheet in the comments:

2014: Suspended one game for stepping on the calf and ankle of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Reduced to fine on appeal.
https://vine.co/v/OwzXveU9teK
2013: Fined $7,875 for making a throat-slash gesture against Tampa Bay.
2013: Fined $31,500 for roughing the passer against the Brandon Weeden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR7FpvVFDKc
2013: Fined $100,000 for a low block against the Vikings.
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/video...cb-6d7a4092da5f
2012: Fined $30,000 for kicking Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN8mxyy7jZk
2011: Fined $165,294 and suspended two games without pay for stepping on Green Bay guard Evan Dietrich-Smith’s arm. Suh also pushed Dietrich-Smith’s helmet into the ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaojAiK-8JU
2011: Fined $20,000 for a roughing the passer call on quarterback Andy Dalton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tWBOWI8AfU
2010 Fined $15,000 for an unnecessary roughness call on quarterback Jay Cutler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6vxVVXWUM
2010 Fined $7,500 for a roughing the passer call on quarterback Jake Delhomme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_2uC42jsA

Last edited by columbusdawg; 12/30/14 11:29 PM.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
With all the cheap shots he's taking against others, what I don't get is why someone hasn't taken his knee/knees out. Give him a taste of his own medicine, see how he likes it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I would never condone using a cheap shot to combat a cheap shot, but I do wish that some stud would pile drive his ass into the ground.

Legend
Legend
He clearly steps back and grazes Rodgers leg.. then steps on his leg and puts all his weight on it..

Any person that accidently steps on something has a general reaction to it.. He had no reaction to that, or Rodgers grabbing at him..

Because he knew what he was doing..

He almost ripped Delhommes head off in a preseason game, but to me this is worse.. one could be seen as an in the heat of the moment tackle.. this was clearly on purpose.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
With all the cheap shots he's taking against others, what I don't get is why someone hasn't taken his knee/knees out. Give him a taste of his own medicine, see how he likes it.

I don't either, but this fool needs a lesson. He is intentionally messing with peoples livelihoods. I'd like to see how he would react if someone did the same to him.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Oh, for the thrilling days of yesteryear... when the NFL and NHL had designated 'goons' who would mete out the justice that leagues were to feckless to do for themselves.

Fine a guy 30K? A guy who earns millions per year? That's a freakkin' parking ticket. It teaches him nothing. Tell a couple of Big Uglies to hi/low the SOB in the first quarter, and you send him a message that only takes 2 brain cells to comprehend. If he survives the first lesson, give him a second. Then, tell your boys that you'll personally absorb their fines under the table.

If I'm GB or CHI or MIN, I do this every game, twice per year- and 3 times on Thanksgiving. Sooner or layer the knucklehead would get the message, no matter how dense he is. And for good measure, I'd continue to do it one game per year after he'd mended his ways. That's to avoid any recidivism on his part, you know.

What I've never understood about this guy: he can dominate with his sheer physicality while playing within the rules. The 'mean streak' thing I get- the NFL's a tough man's game. But this? This is borderline sociopathic.

Put him on IR. I won't shed a single tear.

Or better yet:

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
I am absolutely stunned that Suh, who has had so many other such incidents since he entered the NFL, was basically given a pass by the arbitrator. That is just amazing. If something that obvious does not get a player suspended, I wonder what he has to do. (and I fear that we'll find out, as this can only encourage such behavior from Suh)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
Legend
Legend
P
This is just a portion of the article but I think it helps explain the ruling a little bit................

In fact, as NFL Network's Judy Batista pointed out via Twitter, Suh had gone without an on-field safety incident past the 32-game mark (counting preseason contests) since the 2013 incident against the Vikings, which is significant. Under the new NFL rules on such fines, a player is considered to have a "clean slate" on such matters if he has gone at least 32 games without any incidents, so Suh in essence was treated like a first-time offender for all intents and purposes.

This is a huge win for Suh and the Lions because these types of punishment are not often overturned. The Lions now will have their best defensive player to help stop the Cowboys' explosive offense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-223230996.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm with you Clemmy.

I've played hockey through college, so I'm well aware of the enforcer concept. What people are seeing here (Suh) is why the enforcer works so well in sports, even if it doesn't seem that way on the surface.

How Suh can target an unaware lineman's knee (the Minny incident), and only get the punishment he did is a joke. They made a big deal about the amount of the fine, but please. That punishment is a joke. Captain Obvious is saying the Suh didn't get the message that stuff like this is not ok. In general, guys like Suh only understand violence. A message needs to be sent, and it clearly hasn't been sent yet.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
This is just a portion of the article but I think it helps explain the ruling a little bit................

In fact, as NFL Network's Judy Batista pointed out via Twitter, Suh had gone without an on-field safety incident past the 32-game mark (counting preseason contests) since the 2013 incident against the Vikings, which is significant. Under the new NFL rules on such fines, a player is considered to have a "clean slate" on such matters if he has gone at least 32 games without any incidents, so Suh in essence was treated like a first-time offender for all intents and purposes.

This is a huge win for Suh and the Lions because these types of punishment are not often overturned. The Lions now will have their best defensive player to help stop the Cowboys' explosive offense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-223230996.html

I'm sorry, but clean record or not, that was a completely despicable thing for Suh to do. He could have ended Rodger's season, just because he wanted to be malicious. There should be no room for such acts in the NFL. There is such a thing as playing hard ..... and yes, there are penalties committed while the game action is ongoing, but guys trying to hurt other players like that in between plays should result in a suspension. There is no way he could say that it was an accidental thing. He stood back and hit Rodgers leg, and then stepped on his leg and balanced on that one foot. It is appalling for an NFL player to act like that.

His not being suspended is just amazing. It sure has the appearance of the arbitrator being a Lions fan. crazy

P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe it has nothing at all to do with the arbitrator but the new rules in place. While much like you I don't favor him not being suspended, the NFL is bound by the binding arbitration od the NFLPA contract as the other side is.

It seemed many didn't understand why he wasn't suspended and I was merely pointing out the reasoning behind it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I believe it has nothing at all to do with the arbitrator but the new rules in place. While much like you I don't favor him not being suspended, the NFL is bound by the binding arbitration od the NFLPA contract as the other side is.

It seemed many didn't understand why he wasn't suspended and I was merely pointing out the reasoning behind it.

Yeah, and I understand that .... but there should be a rule for a completely obvious malicious action. Suh claims that he didn't know ... that his feet were numb ..... crazy

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Yeah, and I understand that .... but there should be a rule for a completely obvious malicious action. Suh claims that he didn't know ... that his feet were numb ..... crazy

It wasn't his feet, just his brain.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Suh's eyes were downfield the entire time. In the heat of battle, you're not really paying attention to anything other than hitting your opponent and where the ball is. Had he lifted his foot and intentionally STOMPED on the leg, as he did in the past, then I would agree that it was intentional. From what I could see there was no indication he did this on purpose. Had he not been guilty of infractions in the past, I doubt he would have even been fined.....

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
V
Legend
Legend
V
There is no doubt in my mind that he intentionally stepped on Rodgers. Heck, he didn't even react after Rodgers shoved him.

The guy is a thug. I hope someone cleans his freaking clock.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
The first step was unintentional. The second one? No way, he's a thug.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Suh's way beyond the point where he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Does he have to permanently injure someone before people quit making excuses for him?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Rishuz #910500 01/01/15 02:24 PM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
A lot of guys said they wouldn't root for Suh if he came to the Browns because he is dirty.

In a division full of dirty teams, isn't about time we got someone that bully them around? I'd take Suh in a heartbeat!

We are terrible
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Ndamukong Suh

Link Copied to Clipboard