#911689 01/04/15 04:58 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Is anyone shocked? rofl

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
I am actually.. I don't think the Colts are that good..

Missing Green hurts a lot.. Dalton has no one to chuck the ball up to..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Oh well. Too bad for them. smirk

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am not surprised.What will surprise me if any Bungle fans come on here except maybe one.Plus,wonder where the Squeeler fans are?

ThatGuy #911745 01/04/15 05:51 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I am actually.. I don't think the Colts are that good..

Missing Green hurts a lot.. Dalton has no one to chuck the ball up to..

Luck vs. Dalton and you're surprised?

Just further underscores the mantra of how important the QB position is ...because other than QB and WR the Colts are pretty mediocre...I agree with you there. But not to the tune of being surprised they won.

Legend
Legend
I thought Cincy was going to be able to run on them at will.. and that their Defense was going to be able to get to Luck..

I wouldn't of picked them, but of all the matchups, it was probably their best chance..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
The only excuse I'll offer is injuries. On offense Green, Jones, Eifert, Gresham. On defense Burfect and Maualuga. It's hard to win with that many star players out. That being said, I'm over Andy. Even if he had had all those players he probably would have found a way to lose. Problem is, the Bengals (or should I say Mike Brown) sticks with players (and coaches)to the bitter end. I'd like to see them go for a better QB but they won't make a trade and their draft pick will be too high to get one of the good QBs coming out (not that there are any really good ones entering the draft).

Legend
Legend
Well if you ask my brother, they can trade Dalton for Mariotta because "If you're Tampa you'll take anything"

I don't talk football with him much anymore..

ThatGuy #911763 01/04/15 06:35 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Well if you ask my brother, they can trade Dalton for Mariotta because "If you're Tampa you'll take anything"

I don't talk football with him much anymore..
Okay? saywhat

J
Legend
Legend
J
rofl

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: HarleyDawg51
I am not surprised.What will surprise me if any Bungle fans come on here except maybe one.Plus,wonder where the Squeeler fans are?

Squeelers fans? Right!! We won't see any of those spineless noodles for months!

Poor squeelers indeed!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DawgMichelle
Is anyone shocked? rofl

I had money riding on it so of course there was no shock here. I got a Red Lobster crab dinner calling my name!

mickeycat #911886 01/05/15 12:19 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mickeycat
The only excuse I'll offer is injuries. On offense Green, Jones, Eifert, Gresham. On defense Burfect and Maualuga. It's hard to win with that many star players out. That being said, I'm over Andy. Even if he had had all those players he probably would have found a way to lose. Problem is, the Bengals (or should I say Mike Brown) sticks with players (and coaches)to the bitter end. I'd like to see them go for a better QB but they won't make a trade and their draft pick will be too high to get one of the good QBs coming out (not that there are any really good ones entering the draft).

"The Bengals can point to an injury-ravaged roster to explain their latest postseason collapse, but that would dance around the issue. Dalton on Sunday tied an NFL record for the most consecutive playoff losses by a quarterback to start his career. He joins Y.A. Tittle in that department, but their on-field comparisons end there.

Where Luck and the league's better signal-callers will their teams to victory, Dalton's ceiling keeps the Bengals on the outside looking in.

It's hard to justify signing up for another year of the same."

By Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Jan. 4, 2015 at 04:27 p.m

Link

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: HarleyDawg51

A classic.

I had to steal that for facebook.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I know the Browns don't have a QB -- and haven't for a very long time -- but I still wouldn't want Dalton. He just reminds me of all our losers out there on the field. Cincy can keep him and Marvin and keep on being one and done. Fine by me.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
I know the Browns don't have a QB -- and haven't for a very long time -- but I still wouldn't want Dalton. He just reminds me of all our losers out there on the field. Cincy can keep him and Marvin and keep on being one and done. Fine by me.
So you are saying you would rather be cellar dwellers every year instead of making the playoffs and being one and done. Andy isn't a great QB but he does win games in the regular season. Do I wish we had Andrew Luck? Absolutely. But those guys don't grow on trees. The Bengals could have taken Kaepernic(sp?)instead of Dalton. It's interesting to imagine how he would have developed as the Bengals QB.

mickeycat #912502 01/06/15 08:07 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
So you are saying you would rather be cellar dwellers every year instead of making the playoffs and being one and done.

Do you really think Dalton's the reason the bungles made the playoffs?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #912545 01/06/15 09:42 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
So you are saying you would rather be cellar dwellers every year instead of making the playoffs and being one and done.

Do you really think Dalton's the reason the bungles made the playoffs?
Nope. Some games he played well enough for the Bengals to win (he didn't play as badly in every game as he did in the first meeting with the Browns). A lot of it was defense (the Broncos game), and the running game. What a lot of people, who aren't Bengals fans, don't realize is that when the season started Marvin and the offensive coaches knew that Andy was limited as a QB. That is why they had planned to utilize a two tight end set, two excellent wide receivers, and a running game with Bernard and Hill. Well Eifert got hurt the first game and never came back. Marvin Jones never even made it to the field the whole season. And when the playoff game came around there was no Jones or Green, no Eifert or Gresham, just a bunch of second and third stringers to throw the ball to, including your favorite WR Greg Little. So no, Andy wasn't good enough to carry this team on his back. But he was good enough to make it to the playoffs. What have the Browns QB's done for you all lately?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I would rather not go to the playoffs if we lose in game one every season. That's what I said. I'm not sure why Bungals fans think they have something over on us really….REALLY? The ultimate goal of the NFL is what, Mickey? Do you even know?

Think about it and let me know what you come up with.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
Win a Championship.

And to do that.. You have to make the playoffs..

ThatGuy #912587 01/06/15 11:31 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Win a Championship.

And to do that.. You have to make the playoffs..
This

M
2nd String
2nd String
M
I would rather not go to the playoffs if we lose in game one every season. That's what I said. I'm not sure why Bungals fans think they have something over on us really….REALLY? The ultimate goal of the NFL is what, Mickey? Do you even know?

I know what the ultimate goal ISN'T. To finish last in the division every year. Are you saying a team should not try to win every game it can and not try hard to make the playoffs? What a loser mentality you have. saywhat

mickeycat #912627 01/07/15 07:51 AM
Legend
Legend

I know what the ultimate goal ISN'T. To finish last in the division every year. Are you saying a team should not try to win every game it can and not try hard to make the playoffs? What a loser mentality you have. saywhat

Even the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the bungles have. How pathetic it must be to have to go to the last place team's message board to talk feeble smack after your team gets knocked off yet again. And you accuse her of having a loser mentality?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #912782 01/07/15 05:42 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M

Even the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the bungles have. How pathetic it must be to have to go to the last place team's message board to talk feeble smack after your team gets knocked off yet again. And you accuse her of having a loser mentality?
Sounds like you agree with her. I read one or two people in one of your other forums saying they would like to make the playoffs even if they never won. Sounds like you all are a little envious of the Bengals. Your team is what the Bengals used to be. A last place dysfunctional organization with a bunch of low character players. On the old Browns Chat board back when Bengal players were getting in trouble all the time, all I heard was "we don't want players like that on our team, yada, yada, yada." Now the Bengals have been called one of the better run teams (so sayeth several pundits), and Jason La Canfora is tweeting about the "climate in Berea". Okay this is where you all start digging for anything negative you can find on the Bengals. poke

Legend
Legend
I would love to make the playoffs every year.

But that doesn't mean I'm jealous of the Bengals..

You guys are the NBA 8th seed of the NFL.. Good enough to make it and lose, but always stuck with what you have..

If I'm Cincy, and Winston starts falling.. I offer an RG3 deal, and maybe even throw Dalton in to get him..

ThatGuy #912795 01/07/15 06:52 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
I would love to make the playoffs every year.

But that doesn't mean I'm jealous of the Bengals..

You guys are the NBA 8th seed of the NFL.. Good enough to make it and lose, but always stuck with what you have..

If I'm Cincy, and Winston starts falling.. I offer an RG3 deal, and maybe even throw Dalton in to get him..
I didn't say you all were jealous, I said you all were envious. A slight difference. I like your proposal but it will never happen. It isn't in the Bengals' DNA. Maybe the Browns could do that with JM. What do they have to lose?

mickeycat #912820 01/07/15 08:04 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Sounds like you agree with her.

Absolutely nothing in my post indicates whether I agree with her or not. It's just a lame ass attempt to set up your feeble smack.

Quote:
I read one or two people in one of your other forums saying they would like to make the playoffs even if they never won. Sounds like you all are a little envious of the Bengals.

1 or 2 suddenly becomes all of us by in your next sentence? saywhat A more accurate statement would read "with the exeption of 1 or 2, no one here is envious of the Brown/Lewis/Dalton bungles"

Quote:
Your team is what the Bengals used to be.

And your team will never be what the Browns used to be. Champions. shocked

Quote:
On the old Browns Chat board back when Bengal players were getting in trouble all the time, all I heard was "we don't want players like that on our team, yada, yada, yada." Now the Bengals have been called one of the better run teams (so sayeth several pundits),

Hell, "several pundits" said OJ was innocent. Paying Dalton a hundred million indicates anything but a well run team.

Quote:
and Jason La Canfora is tweeting about the "climate in Berea"

Say it ain't so! rofl La Confora has been slamming the Browns ever since getting all butt hurt when they fired his buddy Dumbardi.

Quote:
Okay this is where you all start digging for anything negative you can find on the Bengals.

No digging needed. The Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the bungles, and you feel a need to go to the last place team's message board with pitiful smack after your team went 1 and done yet again. That's pathetic.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #912856 01/07/15 10:18 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M

Big deal. They last won 50 years ago in a league with 14 teams and they won the championship game in their own stadium. That's impressive. rolleyesdevil

mickeycat #912860 01/07/15 10:29 PM
Legend
Legend

Big deal.

How would you know? blush

Anyway, you're the one that brought up history.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
You're arguing that NEVER WINNING A TITLE, is better than winning one 50 years ago..

ThatGuy #912873 01/07/15 10:58 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
You're arguing that NEVER WINNING A TITLE, is better than winning one 50 years ago..
Nope. I'm saying that winning a title back then in your home stadium isn't as impressive as winning one today with the level of competition and on a neutral field.

jfanent #912906 01/08/15 02:30 AM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M

Big deal.

How would you know? blush

Anyway, you're the one that brought up history.
Okay if you want to talk history try this. How many Super Bowls have the Browns been in? That would be zero. How many Super Bowls have the Bengals been in? Two. Yes they lost both. But they lost by a combined total of nine points to one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) of quarterbacks Joe Montana.

Legend
Legend
Your big selling point is that Cincy's lost the Super Bowl more than Cleveland has..

Should of quit while you were still behind..

mickeycat #912918 01/08/15 06:46 AM
Legend
Legend
Mickey, Mickey, Mickey are you bragging about losing again poke

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
mickeycat #912927 01/08/15 08:05 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Okay if you want to talk history try this.

No, I don't. Once again, you're the one that brought history into this, and that wasn't very smart of you to do. Do you realize how foolish it sounds to say that losing two championship games 25+ years ago is somehow more meaningful than the Browns multiple championships? crazy There are college graduates that haven't seen the bungles win a playoff game in their lifetime. You should have followed your team's game plan and gone one and done in this thread.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
ThatGuy #913012 01/08/15 12:37 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Your big selling point is that Cincy's lost the Super Bowl more than Cleveland has..

Should of quit while you were still behind..
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. willynilly

GMdawg #913016 01/08/15 12:39 PM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Mickey, Mickey, Mickey are you bragging about losing again poke
GM, GM, GM. Somebody's gotta do it. You all aren't very good at it. nanner

mickeycat #913119 01/08/15 03:07 PM
Legend
Legend

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack One And Done

Link Copied to Clipboard