Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Sperg, have you seen the King of Kong? If not, you should check it out.

I have not, but now I want to see it after reading what it's about. Please tell me this is on Netflix instant.

Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/O5TGDJJ9dIY

http://m.youtube.com/v/O5TGDJJ9dIY

Last edited by clevesteve; 07/02/14 07:26 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
J/C…

Just for giggles I hooked up my old Atari 2600 and got into a Q-bert, Dig Dug and River Raid marathon. Good times!

Legend
Legend
Currently playing "Where in the World is LeBron James?".

It has no ending, and nobody ever wins.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Currently playing "Where in the World is LeBron James?".

It has no ending, and nobody ever wins.

Sounds like the game "Will the Cleveland Browns ever be relevant?"

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Playing lots of Kerbal Space Program

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Heheh, fun game

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Last of Us comes out on PS4 today. I will be picking it up on my lunch break and getting into it tonight after work. I loved it on the PS3, but didn't get to finish it before getting rid of my PS3. Phenomenal game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The Last of Us comes out on PS4 today. I will be picking it up on my lunch break and getting into it tonight after work. I loved it on the PS3, but didn't get to finish it before getting rid of my PS3. Phenomenal game.

Agreed. That game was phenomenal. Loved it.

Today I'm gonna look for another game to pick up and I'll keep working on New Super Mario Bros. U or Donkey Kong. I think I might grab the Zelda: Skyward Sword game. That's one of the Wii games I always wanted to play

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I've been hammering away at starcraft 2 lately with a tiny bit of terraria tossed in.

My friends and I are anxiously awaiting Smash Bros for Wii U....and I occasionally can cajole them into getting stomped in the gamecube version

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you have the Wii U and like old school nes platformers, check out Shovel Knight, its a downloadable game, i think like $15. Its fantastic, one of the best games of the year. It has elements of mega-man, ducktales, castlevania, a little zelda 2, its a lot of fun.

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If you have the Wii U and like old school nes platformers, check out Shovel Knight, its a downloadable game, i think like $15. Its fantastic, one of the best games of the year. It has elements of mega-man, ducktales, castlevania, a little zelda 2, its a lot of fun.

Honestly, not that big of a fan of the NES Old School Style Platformers. I bought New Super Mario Bros. U for my girlfriend. I'm just trying to get her better at the controller so that she can enjoy videogames more. She gets frustrated cause I'm so much better than her. Donkey Kong was more of a mistake to buy. What I like about both games though, is like Mario Kart 8, I can grab it, play 20 minutes, and then turn it off.

Donkey Kong I find to be eh, but Super Mario Bros. U is a very well polished game. Not necessarily my style (my favorite games are like Mass Effect, Fallout, Uncharted, Last Of Us, Skyrim), but very well done. That's generally the way Nintendo games go though. I'm sure I'll eventually beat both Mario Bros U and Donkey Kong, but I don't really see myself playing anymore of that style.

Games like Dragon Age and Destiny are coming out. Witcher 3. Even the Nintendo ones like Zelda U. And so on. Fitting in more 2D Platformers will be far far far on the back burner. Kind of like Indie games, I just never had the time to get into them

You can't do that with a game like Skyrim or Far Cry 3 or whatever. Those I feel like you have to put in like an hour at a time at least.

Today I'm gonna go grab Zelda Skyward Sword over at gamestop and see how that goes.

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 07/30/14 11:03 AM.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Super Mario 3D World is the better mario game on WiiU.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Super Mario 3D World is the better mario game on WiiU.

Yeah my girlfriend and I love that game. But it seems kinda short. I shoulda grabbed that at Gamestop today and I could have returned it at the end of the week. We'll beat it in another week. I've been keeping track of its price on Ebay and i'm waiting to jump on it when it gets down to 25-30$

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
RISK finally became available on Xbox LIVE last night, so I happily paid the $15 and squeezed one match in. That will probably become my most heavily played game again like it did on the Xbox 360. It's made by Ubisoft this time and done well. I just wish they allowed for the classic game board instead of the futuristic Battleship kind of display. Oh well, it's still extremely fun.

D
Legend
Legend
D
So after beating Lords of the Fallen, which was a big PITA, but it was challenging and fun, I picked up the new Assassins Creed for PS4.

Thus far of all games I have played on this console, this game has got by far the best graphics. It's pretty amazing IMO

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Have you played the new Call of Duty? I have both CoD and Assassin's Creed and CoD's graphics are ridiculous. Assassin's Creed's characters still look like they're made of plastic while I sometimes have difficulty distinguishing the difference between a video game and a movie with Call of Duty.

D
Legend
Legend
D
No CoD, cannot stand first-person games but if the graphics are better, then I'm going to ask a buddy of mine who plays all the CoD's to demo it for me.

Best part is, I don't think any game released yet is truly pushing the limits of the PS4 and etc.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yeah, have him show you CoD, it's crazy. This is the first Call of Duty I've bought in about 3 years because I'm not one of those guys who has to get its annual release, so I'm happy with the differences between this one and the last one I bought.

You're right, none of these game developers are creating games with graphics even close to what the consoles are capable of yet. That probably won't start until the PS3 and Xbox 360 start dying. I'm guessing by this time next year, graphics will blow us away on a consistent basis.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't see that much of a difference on COD between last gen and this gen. I have both versions and play both (have friends on both gens and the ps3 version came free with the ps4 purchase)

The opening sequence is amazing, but it's the same on ps3, its just a movie though basically, not actual gameplay graphics. The actual gameplay isn't that much different.

Yes, the PS4 is definitely better, more clear and crisp, but i don't see a huge difference, not like some other games on this gen.

Eat it Phil...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wasn't sure how the PS3 looked, but that opening sequence definitely looks amazing. I think the single player campaign looks awesome on the Xbox One, very crisp. I would have suggested Ryse, but that's only on Xbox One. So far, that might be the best looking game on consoles. I only have a few games on PS4, so I can't suggest many games for that console in terms of graphical power.

-The Last of Us
-Moto GP14
-Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
-Injustice
-The pool game (can't remember the title)

That's my PS4 library. The Last of Us is by far the best of the group, but the graphics aren't superb since it's basically a slightly modified port of the PS3 version. The replays on Moto GP14 do look great if you want to sit and watch replays of your races.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Started my game save of the first Borderlands back up. Such a fun game.

I'm also trying to save the UAB football program in NCAA '13

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

HAHAHA!!! Awesome. You'd better win the national championship to get enough money to save them from their current peril.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart

HAHAHA!!! Awesome. You'd better win the national championship to get enough money to save them from their current peril.

I'm thinking a couple really really good seasons and a bold move to the SEC.

Legend
Legend

I'm thinking a couple really really good seasons and a bold move to the SEC.

I've been trying to get Wyoming invited (NCAA 11) to the Big 12 for 2 seasons now..

I can only destroy Iowa State and Baylor so many times before I get bored..

I kind of miss NCAA 14.. Mostly the ability to start as an Assistant Coach..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Yeah in 13 you can move the teams yourself. I had to do a serious overhaul because of all the changes in football. It doesn't work perfectly either because the WAC is still a conference in the game, and you can't wipe it out. You have to keep a minimum of 4 teams. It's basically the independents.

Legend
Legend
Right.. That's why I got 11 (Plus it was $5)

I missed the idea of being INVITED to a conference.. as opposed to just "Well I guess I'll move to the Big 12 now.."

But It sucks cause neither the B10 or Pac 10 have Conference title games..

I wish they had made it an option in the newer ones..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Evolve [closed beta]

smile

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm totally immersed in GTAV for my PS4. These characters rock.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

It finally releases to PC on March 24, happy birthday to me.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

Trevor Phillips, the best character EVER! I cannot remember how many times I was laughing so hard at him. Especially his opening scene in the game where he stomped that guy and then proceeded to talk to him, via his shoe! Hahahaha.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Still playing Assassin's Creed. I've got really bored with it. There isn't much in this game. I liked the other one where you could hunt and etc. There are a lot of missions to play but most are similar. I do like the murder mystery missions which is new.

I think that they're releasing too many games on this series which is burning it out fast.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Still playing Assassin's Creed. I've got really bored with it. There isn't much in this game. I liked the other one where you could hunt and etc. There are a lot of missions to play but most are similar. I do like the murder mystery missions which is new.

I think that they're releasing too many games on this series which is burning it out fast.

I used to love the series in its early stages, but it became too much for what I wanted in an assassin game. I don't care to gather teammates, train them, collect money, and upgrade cities and buildings. I just want to kill digital targets.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Not really much of that in the new one. But still, I don't think I'll be pre-ordering the ne t AC game which knowing them, is going to be released in another month or two.

They should really take the time to renovate the game series and come out with one awesome game instead of a bunch of so so games. The Pirate AC game wasn't "spectacular" either.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Just bought GTAV for the PS3. I rented it right after the release and played it through a weekend. I really liked it. I waited until the price dropped to $40 on Amazon.

I'll still play COD BLOPS2 3-4 times a week. I want to get to the Prestige Master level before I quit (which I think is level 10, I'm almost level 8). I only play online team deathmatch. I spent 10 mins playing the campaign mode. Yuck.

After that, who knows.....maybe I'll wait for EA's World Cup '14 (assuming they'll be doing one). I REALLY liked World Cup 2010.

Funny, I posted this back on Dec 2013.....and I'm STILL playing COD BLOPS2.

I might throw in Uncharted and play for a while, but I'm still shooting away with Blops2. I rented COD:Ghosts and really disliked it. The newest COD was ok, though I didn't like the jetpacks.

I might start thinking about a PS4 or XBOX:One, but that is till a decision many months away.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
NCAA 14. Got it for $7.49 downloaded..

I'm currently Akrons OC.

My QB is 1st in the nation in passing.

I am 8-1.

Very realistic.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Up that difficulty. I'm an excellent NCAA player and struggle to beat the likes of Toledo at times. Set it to Heisman difficulty, turn your sliders down, and turn the CPU sliders up. It's so much more fun that way instead of never facing a challenge.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Currently playing GTA V Online (PS4) still and have been playing a lot of the Original Mario Bros. (not Super but the Classic Arcade Series) on NES.

Eat it Phil...
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Punch.... if you like shooters, have you tried the Crysis series? Good fun...longish solo campaign and enough tweaks to add some different elements to gameplay.

I've been replaying the Mass Effect series. Just restarted the third one which I actually havent finished yet.

Legend
Legend
Up that difficulty. I'm an excellent NCAA player and struggle to beat the likes of Toledo at times. Set it to Heisman difficulty, turn your sliders down, and turn the CPU sliders up. It's so much more fun that way instead of never facing a challenge.

I got my Sliders from Operation Sports.

I'm pretty good.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nice, that's where I got mine from too and used as a base difficulty. I have altered them a bit, though, to make the game more challenging. If you're 8-1 with Akron with the #1 QB in the country, though, I think it's pretty obvious you should make it more difficult for yourself.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming What games are you currently playing?

Link Copied to Clipboard