as some have stated we had a farm league in europe. the same type players in europe would be in the new farm league being talked about. the undrafted players, the second and third tier players from college that we presently see in canada.
as far as the QB position, like DC said let them sit learn and practice with the superior talent of the nfl players. they may not get all of the reps with the 1st team but the reps they do get with the 2nd team is head and heels better than they will get in the farm league.
i think we would be able to develope far more QB talent if we could change the rules for the practice squad. as of now any team can sign any PS player at any time as long as they are put on the full roster (i think i'm positive tongue )if we can eliminate that we would be able to take the best of the 2nd tier QB's or the tebows of the draft classes and take our time to develope them the correct way. instead of throwing them into the fire and seeing them out of the league in a few years.

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.