Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
bugs Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Okay bugs. My bad. I think I misunderstood you.

And again, not saying there is a right-or definitive answer at this point. It's just a feeling.

Yep, I think it'll make a good study this year maybe next. I wonder how much ownership buys in too. Kelly has some rough road to navigate.

I don't think Cleveland would be that patient. Pettine/Farmer will walk a thin line this year. Haslam has playoff thoughts.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Do you honestly think Jackson is the reason they made the playoffs the year before? And are you discounting the improvement of the Cowboys?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Do you honestly think Jackson is the reason they made the playoffs the year before? And are you discounting the improvement of the Cowboys?

I was about to say the same exact thing.

Mark Sanchez playing QB probably had something to do with them not making the playoffs (along with a heaping scoop of regression for Nick Foles).

If I was Kelly and someone questioned me, my response would be, "I made Mark Sanchez look halfway decent."

Legend
Legend

When you keep getting rid of playmakers, yes. other than foles getting injured(who wasnt playing that well compared to the year prior) and sanchez, is was bad.

they had nobody who stretched the field, which is why the run game, while still amazing, took a huge blow. teams were stacking everything and the kitchen sink.

Now who's gonna replace shady's production? That dude is legit. sure, RB's are everywhere, but not at HIS production level.

they got rid of an offensive piece that was already a unstable group, and made it worse, with hopes that a LB coming off an ACL injury will make the team better.

I would never ever make that trade. thats just my opinion.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I was about to say the same exact thing.

Mark Sanchez playing QB probably had something to do with them not making the playoffs (along with a heaping scoop of regression for Nick Foles).

If I was Kelly and someone questioned me, my response would be, "I made Mark Sanchez look halfway decent."

Also missing 5 out of their 7 offensive linemen throughout the season did not bode well for them.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I think Chip Kelly has the problem a lot of coaches fresh from the college scene have. They are used to working with boys instead of men. Boys will bend to an adults will a lot better. With Men you have to work harder to earn their trust enough to go all in. With men their personalities are set and you have to deal with them as they are. I think Chip is probably suffering control withdraw because people don't trust him. I mean hell you run for 1300 yards and your not safe? You're the top receiver on the team and your job ain't safe? Players will never trust in a coach that doesn't reward success.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I agree with some of the more recent posters. I don't think this was a good trade based on the rest of the Philly offense. Who do they have throwing the ball? Catching the ball? Running the ball? If I remember right, their line is pretty good, just had injuries last year, which basically makes them the Cleveland Browns. So what happens when that offense can't move and sets records for punting the ball away in the shortest time?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Swish
It's funny how people support this guy. They was a playoff squad with Desean Jackson, then they cut him, and miss the playoffs.

Shady McCoy runs for 1300 yards, and gets traded for some dude who just came off ACL injury. both are similar age.

I got money that says they don't sniff the playoffs this year.

I wanted Chip as coach of the Browns, he was far and away my #1 candidate that year and I still wish we could have found a way to land him.

The Eagles were not a playoff squad when he took over. They were 4-12, the talent on the team had eroded considerably (8-8 the year before), and the QB situation was a mess. That he has won 10 games in back-to-back years is impressive.

The trade is curious to be sure but we have all seen how veteran tailbacks fall off and even McCoy fell off from 1607 yards to 1319 yards on identical 314 attempts the last two years. Add in 9.75 million salary and if there are any locker room issues, it makes perfect sense to get a promising young player in return for him.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think you are wrong.

The Eagles had Macklin, Cooper, and drafted Matthews. Let's look at some stats:

2013: They were 4th in scoring and second in total yards.

2014: They were 3rd in scoring and 5th in total yards.

They also had quite a few injuries in 2014. Significant injuries.

I am not sure if Kelly is doing it right, but I have to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

They were 4 and 12 the year before he got there. 4 and freaking 12.

They were 10 and 6 w/Jackson the following year.

They were 10 and 6 last year w/out Jackson.

Would you like to reconsider your initial opinion, or are you going to pull a cfrs?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Would you like to reconsider your initial opinion, or are you going to pull a cfrs?

Pull a cfrs, it's what all the cool kids are doing!

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
is that like pull my finger? rofl

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: KNOXDAWG
is that like pull my finger? rofl

no - That would be a GM brownie

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
I think you are wrong.

The Eagles had Macklin, Cooper, and drafted Matthews. Let's look at some stats:

2013: They were 4th in scoring and second in total yards.

2014: They were 3rd in scoring and 5th in total yards.

They also had quite a few injuries in 2014. Significant injuries.

I am not sure if Kelly is doing it right, but I have to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

They were 4 and 12 the year before he got there. 4 and freaking 12.

They were 10 and 6 w/Jackson the following year.

They were 10 and 6 last year w/out Jackson.

nope. Thats my opinion. I think losing Djax hurt them. Just how I feel. I think trading away Shady was dumb.

you always say stats don't tell the whole story. yet somehow it applies now?

I think they won't sniff the playoffs this year,
I still think mingo is trash.
And hoyer is trash.

those are opinions that won't be changing until they prove otherwise. sorry bout it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

I still think mingo is trash.

He may be trash, but he's the best one armed player of all time though... rofl

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Would you be happy if Haslam did get Chip Kelly?

Link Copied to Clipboard