Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
I still have trouble running the ball, hence why I pass so much. My QB accuracy is already down to 5, and there is a consistent "bad pass" theme going.

As the OC I'm ganna have to wait till I get a HC job to see how the defense goes, may have to tinker with that.. I like a challenge, but don't want to make it to where stupid things happen..

Like the one time I played NIU and their RB had 150 yards on 8 carries.. all of which were draw plays up the middle, that he broke a total of 12 tackles on..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg
Punch.... if you like shooters, have you tried the Crysis series? Good fun...longish solo campaign and enough tweaks to add some different elements to gameplay.

I've been replaying the Mass Effect series. Just restarted the third one which I actually havent finished yet.

I watched this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7gg8svG78k but it's a lot of stealth stuff. I like more straight up action, but it looks freaking incredible.

I rented FarCry4 and it was okay I guess, but it didn't light a fire in me enough to buy it.

I might be due for a sports game, maybe NBA2k15. Although I heard the myCareer feature is HORRIBLE. I'd probably just play a few exhibitions here and there.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dying Light thumbsup

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Punch.... if you like shooters, have you tried the Crysis series? Good fun...longish solo campaign and enough tweaks to add some different elements to gameplay.

I've been replaying the Mass Effect series. Just restarted the third one which I actually havent finished yet.

I watched this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7gg8svG78k but it's a lot of stealth stuff. I like more straight up action, but it looks freaking incredible.

I rented FarCry4 and it was okay I guess, but it didn't light a fire in me enough to buy it.

I might be due for a sports game, maybe NBA2k15. Although I heard the myCareer feature is HORRIBLE. I'd probably just play a few exhibitions here and there.

Not as much as you may think. The cloak adds an interesting little element but straight up firefights are still the base of the game (especially given you also have an "armor" mode).

Next time you're at a gamestop, see if they have a used copy. Easily worth the 5 or 10 bucks.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Well... I'm in a bit of a conundrum here. Just saw a commercial for The Order and I thought it's release date was late this year. Nope, it's the 20th of this month.

I'm nowhere close to beating Assassin's Creed and I hate playing two games at once/starting another without finishing one. Ohhh the decisions that I must make, lol! The Order was a game I started drooling for after watching the trailer for it!

Anyone else thinking about that game?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I will own it on the 20th, even with numerous other unfinished games. It looks great, I just hope it isn't another Gears of War. The gameplay I've seen reminds me of that overhyped frachise. My fingers are crossed that it will be something fresh.

Legend
Legend
After one season as Akron's OC.. Tommy Bowden took another job (Miami (OH).. Really?) and after a bit of consideration, I took the promotion..

Hopefully I can fix the defense that cost me the MAC title last year..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Well... I'm in a bit of a conundrum here. Just saw a commercial for The Order and I thought it's release date was late this year. Nope, it's the 20th of this month.

I'm nowhere close to beating Assassin's Creed and I hate playing two games at once/starting another without finishing one. Ohhh the decisions that I must make, lol! The Order was a game I started drooling for after watching the trailer for it!

The Order is the one game that makes me seriously contemplate going PS4. Looks good. The premise sounds badass. Just cool the whole way around.

Legend
Legend
Im not getting another Next Gen until they start making College Football games for it..

Ill be fine playing NCAA 14, lesser graphics be damned, until then..

D
Legend
Legend
D

The Order is the one game that makes me seriously contemplate going PS4. Looks good. The premise sounds badass. Just cool the whole way around.

Yeah I made my mind up that Assassin's Creed will have to wait if I'm not able to beat it by the 20th. The Order just looks too awesome to wait lol!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Im not getting another Next Gen until they start making College Football games for it..

You might never buy another next gen system. The Ed O'Bannon legal battle ( WikiLink), has changed the landscape of college video games.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend

You might never buy another next gen system. The Ed O'Bannon legal battle ( WikiLink), has changed the landscape of college video games.

There will most likely never be another NCAA College Football game..

That won't stop people from making a college football game, teams and networks can give rights to EA/2k without the NCAA..

All you have to do is not tell the announcers to secretly put current players names in the game..

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

That won't stop people from making a college football game, teams and networks can give rights to EA/2k without the NCAA..

All you have to do is not tell the announcers to secretly put current players names in the game..

THe last couple of NCAA games didn't have real names in them if I remember correctly. Luckily, there's users that develop the real rosters. Thank you Mr. PastaPadre.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

THe last couple of NCAA games didn't have real names in them if I remember correctly. Luckily, there's users that develop the real rosters. Thank you Mr. PastaPadre.

They have never had names on the college football games. And Pastapadre doesn't create rosters with names, he just tweets or posts the rosters once someone else finishes them.

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
One of the tipping points in the lawsuit against EA/NCAA was that even though no one was named, they would make QB #5 look exactly like Braxton Miller, and have his home town and everything..

Then there was the idea that knowing people would go through and name the rosters themselves, EA had their announcers go through and record all the names of current players, even though there wouldnt be names in the game..

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Just picked up Farcry 4. Amazon had it on sale for $30. Couldn't pass that up. Checked CartWheel which is a target app and they had a 30% off coupon for Farcry 4.

So Target priced matched game for $30 then applied coupon and I walked away with Farcry 4 for $22.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Was thinking about trying out Evolve, has anyone tried it yet, and if so how is it?

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I watch it on twitch. it looks fun. looks like I would suck, it seems that playing the beast (hunted) would be fun.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I played the beta. It was fun the first couple hours but got repetitive and boring after a few matches. I would wait for it to go on sale, I don't think it's a 60 dollar game.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
I was afraid of that.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm still playing Destiny. It's fun, and the main reason it's fun is because I have a small handful of friends I can play with online. That said, I can see how people have gotten bored of the game quickly.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart
I will own it on the 20th, even with numerous other unfinished games. It looks great, I just hope it isn't another Gears of War. The gameplay I've seen reminds me of that overhyped frachise. My fingers are crossed that it will be something fresh.

Never mind, not getting it now. I read that someone who has the game posted a video on YouTube (it has since been removed) of them completing the game in 5 hours and half of that was watching cinematics with a button press here and there. I'm not paying $60 for 2.5 or 3 hours of gameplay. I'll wait until it's on sale for $30 or less before I think about it. That's unfortunate.

Project CARS is the next one I'm waiting for, but it just got delayed again until April.

D
Legend
Legend
D

Never mind, not getting it now. I read that someone who has the game posted a video on YouTube (it has since been removed) of them completing the game in 5 hours and half of that was watching cinematics with a button press here and there. I'm not paying $60 for 2.5 or 3 hours of gameplay. I'll wait until it's on sale for $30 or less before I think about it. That's unfortunate.

Project CARS is the next one I'm waiting for, but it just got delayed again until April.

Yeah man... I heard that too, five hours of gampleplay for 60 bucks? I'm sick of gaming companies doing that, there is no multi/co-player either. I assume they have a ton of DLC content available to buy which is a RIP OFF if the game only takes five hours to finish up. That's worse than Shadow of Mordor. Games shouldn't cost 60 bucks if the gaming companies continue to do this type of crap.

Hopefully they are not factoring any side missions or anything, but in any case it deflated my excitement I had for it. Looks like I'll finish up Assassin's Creed and then move onto The Evil Within.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
It seems like most FPS games are like that anymore, but at least they have multi-player. I just picked up Homefront on steam for like 4 bux, and it is the same way. It is a pretty good game but very short campaign. The multi-player is still decent so for $4 it was worth it.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
The Order is being panned by everyone. Here's just a sample.

http://kotaku.com/the-order-1886-the-kot...dium=Socialflow

This was the one game I was really interested in for PS4 and made me consider making the switch when I go next gen. Looks like that factor is off the table.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: jb52
It seems like most FPS games are like that anymore

The Order is actually third person, which is why it drew a lot of interest for me. But no multip player, short story line - I'll play something else.

The Order is being panned by everyone. Here's just a sample.

http://kotaku.com/the-order-1886-the-kot...dium=Socialflow

This was the one game I was really interested in for PS4 and made me consider making the switch when I go next gen. Looks like that factor is off the table.

Yeah it doesn't seem to be doing too good. Quite frankly, I am glad I held off before preordering it. I have no qualms waiting until it's cheap on eBay, which shouldn't be too long.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Lurker
Just picked up Farcry 4. Amazon had it on sale for $30. Couldn't pass that up. Checked CartWheel which is a target app and they had a 30% off coupon for Farcry 4.

So Target priced matched game for $30 then applied coupon and I walked away with Farcry 4 for $22.

How is that? The gameplay looks awesome.

Loved 3. Fun storyline. Game didn't take itself all serious. Tons to do do and explore.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Well I finished Assassin's Creed Unity on the PS4. I got some side missions to complete at some later time, but the game's storyline was weird. You get kicked out of the brotherhood and just, I don't know. It made no sense to me.

I just saw that the original Resident Evil was remastered in 1080p for the new gen consoles. I cannot resist this! For only 20 bucks off the PS Store, I for sure cannot resist this!

nanner

Legend
Legend
Just got back into a FIFA (13) kick..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have Far Cry 4 on the PS4 and haven't been able to get into it for some reason. Something about it isn't grabbing my attention.

Legend
Legend
Did anyone else play the free download "PT" game?

I couldn't even finish it... Scared the crap out of me..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
HAHAHA!!! Yes, it was a very well done playable trailer (PT) for the new Silent Hill game. With Guillermo Del Toro involved with the new Silent Hill, I expect it to be of high quality.

Legend
Legend
I made the mistake of starting it at 2am with all the lights off..

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You should get the new Alien game and try just that; I hear it's a riveting experience!

I did something similar with the movie Zodiac as I was waiting all night to leave for a 6am LAX flight. That was a bit unnerving...

Legend
Legend
I'm trying to figure out which older version of Madden I want to get..

15's great and all, I'm glad they've brought back Owner mode.. I just really hate how they have it set up.. The menu's and everything are a chore..

I'm thinking Madden 08, One of the last one's prior that had a great Franchise mode.. I missed being able to do ticket prices, and all that silly stuff..

I have a hatred for EA, and their seemingly need to take out great things, only so they can bring them back a few years later as "new features"

D
Legend
Legend
D
For those interested in The Order, you can find several copies on eBay now for pretty much half the retail price. Pretty pathetic factoring it was released recently. thumbsdown

Legend
Legend
Thats why I stick mostly to Sports games and Call Of Duty..

I know at least at the base of what I'm getting, and there is replay ability..

I'm too worried I'll either buy a game and it'll suck, or even worse.. I'll beat it in a week..

D
Legend
Legend
D
Thats why I stick mostly to Sports games and Call Of Duty..

I know at least at the base of what I'm getting, and there is replay ability..

I'm too worried I'll either buy a game and it'll suck, or even worse.. I'll beat it in a week..

Was telling my buddy today that I don't think I'll be pre-ordering anymore games. The last two I pre-ordered were not much to write home about and I was seconds from doing it again with The Order. Guess gaming industry taking a note Outta Hollywood movie industry and just plan to release crap in large quantities instead of quality in smaller.

60 dollars, and not that I'm hurting or tight with money - seems pointless anymore for most new releases.

Legend
Legend
Hell i just paid .99 for Madden 2008 and have enjoyed it more than i did 15...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For those interested in The Order, you can find several copies on eBay now for pretty much half the retail price. Pretty pathetic factoring it was released recently. thumbsdown

Yeah, I plan to pull the GameStop, Buy pre-owned and beat in less than a week (for a full refund), then return move.

Essentially the free rental.

The reality is that some games are just like that. You just have to know which ones, and factor that into how you purchase.

Currently I'm playing FarCry4, but I'm inbetween homes and don't have any videogames set up, and I'm about to leave for Costa Rica for two weeks. So I'm not playing many videogames at all. Unfortunately, I'm playing FC4 right after Dragon Age Inquisition and that's a hard standard for FC4 to live up to. The game's sorta entertaining, but I'm sure I'd find it much more enjoyable had I not played last year's game of the year (and a game I loved) before it.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming What games are you currently playing?

Link Copied to Clipboard