Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
PDR #944140 04/06/15 02:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Now compare those two. Is that sentence of your anywhere near what I had said? No. It's the PDR Twist on what I said. rolleyes

Come on baby, lets do the Twist.
Come on baaaby, lets do the PDR Twist.
Take me by my little hand and go like this...

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Now compare those two. Is that sentence of your anywhere near what I had said? No. It's the PDR Twist on what I said. rolleyes

Come on baby, lets do the Twist.
Come on baaaby, lets do the PDR Twist.
Take me by my little hand and go like this...

Let's do a little breakdown here. We'll start from the top and go slowly.

Quote:
This great Nation of ours has had God's blessing from the beginning

How is it a twisting of words to say that you claimed we had God's blessing when we enslaved humans and committed mass genocide?

PDR #944144 04/06/15 02:41 PM
Legend
Legend
BAW Haw haw haw! rofl

Too much rofl

Oh my ribs! rofl

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
BAW Haw haw haw! rofl

Too much rofl

Oh my ribs! rofl

All I've done for the last hour is pose simple, straightforward questions regarding positions you've taken, and given you the floor to explain those positions further.

All you've done is recite Chubby Checker parodies, talk about butts, and use emoticons with the frequency of a preteen.

I rest my case.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Don't worry 40.

Around 4-5pm, somebody will post and once again save you from further embarrassing yourself on this topic.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
PDR #944150 04/06/15 02:53 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PDR

All I've done for the last hour is pose simple, straightforward questions regarding positions you've taken, and given you the floor to explain those positions further.

Not defending 40 - at all.

BUT - still waiting on your "considered thesis" from the Olive branch thread. Will that be forthcoming? Or, do you hold yourself to different standards?

Also, you sort of chastised someone about their spelling and grammar (in this thread? a different one?)......and yet I quoted you from the olive branch thread - and quoted your misspelling. After all, like you said, "if you want to be taken seriously, it would be best to use proper spelling and grammar."

Yet - no response from you. About the thesis - well, you did say 2 people died, and then you started snorting cocaine like a hoover.......but you don't have time to write your thesis.

Yet, you still have time to attack and belittle others.

Seems like you might be just a bit 2 faced here - demand something out of others (answering your questions), while ignoring questions asked of you. Ironic.

And just for the record - this post of mine in NO way endorses 40, or anyone else, regardless of their view.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Swish
Don't worry 40.

Around 4-5pm, somebody will post and once again save you from further embarrassing yourself on this topic.

tongue In NO way does my prior post defend 40 - at all!!! Please don't take it that way.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
BUT - still waiting on your "considered thesis" from the Olive branch thread. Will that be forthcoming? Or, do you hold yourself to different standards?

As I've already explained, events occurred in my life that take a much higher priority over that, and the laptop in which my draft is on is back at my office, in which I currently am away from, as I am on medical leave.

I appreciate your interest in my thoughts, but its not really high on my list at the moment.

And belittling 40 doesn't take much thought or effort. It can be done with great ease while waiting in line for food, riding the subway, etc.

Quote:
Also, you sort of chastised someone about their spelling and grammar (in this thread? a different one?)......and yet I quoted you from the olive branch thread - and quoted your misspelling. After all, like you said, "if you want to be taken seriously, it would be best to use proper spelling and grammar."

What I said specifically was that if you're touting your intelligence, while claiming others don't have it, then you should proofread it before hitting send.

I make spelling and grammar errors here all the time, especially when posting from a phone.

Is this really what you're going with? Harping on me for misspelling words and not writing something I said I would write on a message board?

This is coming from the guy who continually asks me to 'let it go' when I point out that you threatened me with physical violence on a message board?

Because I'll take the former over the latter. I'd much rather be the guy who didn't deliver a 'considered thesis' than be Mini Vers.

But that's just me.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Here, allow me to repay the favor...

rofl
Doh Ho,You know you just stirred da pot again. Heeeee

40, 40, 40... Pretty sure the last time we butted heads you went whimpering home silenced and thoroughly spanked. BUT here you are spouting your imbecilic rhetoric. You should focus on worshiping your God (fairy tales) and leave the free thinking to those better equipped to do so. We all know rational thought is not your strong suit, there is nothing to be ashamed of as every family has an uncle like you.

Just like selective reproduction doesn't mean dating the cousin that lives the closest to you; You tend to misunderstand things. Enlightenment is not throwing everybody off the bandwagon that does not smell like farm yard fertilizer and wear bib overalls; it's actually a little harder than that. You have to understand and accept others for who they are, kind of like I understand you (right here right now) and accept you for who you are.

I know you are a TRUE believer. I know you will not be swayed. I know what I say goes against the very fiber of your being in every way. I know you are probably a good ole boy, just like the great decider. Hell, I might even enjoy a beer with you. But I damn sure wouldn't trust you with the nuclear button.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
PDR #944155 04/06/15 03:18 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A

Is this really what you're going with? Harping on me for misspelling words and not writing something I said I would write on a message board?

This is coming from the guy who continually asks me to 'let it go' when I point out that you threatened me with physical violence on a message board?

OH MY - I forgot that tactic of yours!!!

Priceless man. Wonderful!

Wow - hold others to a standard you yourself don't even meet, and when faced with embarrassment, make excuses for yourself, while attempting to change the subject.

You seem to have plenty of time to attempt to belittle others - but no time to write your thesis? Odd. But, it's at work, on your work laptop. Got it. Can't access that file from home? Work laptop isn't connected to the internet? OR, you just don't have a thesis and want people to forget you even said that?

Quote:

What I said specifically was that if you're touting your intelligence, while claiming others don't have it, then you should proofread it before hitting send

How does that quote NOT apply to you?

O
Legend
Legend
O
What is this thesis supposed to be about? I must have missed this.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Wow - hold others to a standard you yourself don't even meet, and when faced with embarrassment, make excuses for yourself, while attempting to change the subject.

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest that I didn't post an essay on a message board that I claimed I would write.

I have far more to be embarrassed about in my life at the moment.

Quote:
but no time to write your thesis? Odd. But, it's at work, on your work laptop. Got it. Can't access that file from home? Work laptop isn't connected to the internet? OR, you just don't have a thesis and want people to forget you even said that?

What exactly are you attempting to elicit from me here? What would you like me to say?

Is this one of those occasions where you think you're being clever? I noticed you're using lots of exclamation points and asking rhetorical questions posed as earnest ones. That's usually what happens when you get yourself all worked up. Is that why you've been harping on this for a week now?

What exactly are you looking for me to say here? An apology?

Quote:

How is mocking 40 touting one's own intelligence?

A middle schooler could do it effectively.

Legend
Legend
I know that Arch was in no way defending me and I apologize to him for his getting drawn into this.

Arch was simply standing up for truth and now is paying the price.

A real Shame. tsktsk

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
PDR Dictionary

Rhetorical question - A question he won't answer.
Earnest question - A question he finds easy to answer.

I found all of these to be other than rhetorical myself.

"but no time to write your thesis? Odd. But, it's at work, on your work laptop. Got it. Can't access that file from home? Work laptop isn't connected to the internet? OR, you just don't have a thesis and want people to forget you even said that?"

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The exchange between PDR and arch stays very entertaining.

Anyways, so guess what went on recently?

My oldest daughter has been talking about wanting to go to church since last Wednesday. Well on Thursday, my grandma invited my family and I to Easter services on Sunday.

I'm not religious, my wife isn't either. However, my daughter wanted to go, and I, not gonna deny her that chance just because I don't agree with these mainstream religions.

So I let her go. Just dropped her off at the church where my grandmother was waiting outside.

She had a blast. She wants to go every Sunday. And I will be taking her every Sunday.

Why in the WORLD can't religious people do that, vise versa? If gays want to get married and such, Why can't you just mind Yall damn business?

If you don't support gay marriage because of religion, then fine. But what makes YALL bigots is that you're trying to enforce YOUR personal opinion on the masses. That's the problem.

I'm not forcing my hatred of religion on my daughter. If she wants to explore that area of her life, then I got her back.

I'm tolerant. It just seems like religious nuts, and people on his board aren't.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
PDR Dictionary

Rhetorical question - A question he won't answer.
Earnest question - A question he finds easy to answer.

I found all of these to be other than rhetorical myself.

"but no time to write your thesis? Odd. But, it's at work, on your work laptop. Got it. Can't access that file from home? Work laptop isn't connected to the internet? OR, you just don't have a thesis and want people to forget you even said that?"

I've already stated three times now that, no, I won't be posting it.

I started it, it got to around 2 or 3 pages double-spaced. I doubt I'll be finishing it any time soon.

If arch wants to claim that I never started it...fair enough. I don't really care.

If he wants to run with 'Ha! You didn't write it!', I can live with that as an insult. Easy.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

My oldest daughter has been talking about wanting to go to church since last Wednesday. Well on Thursday, my grandma invited my family and I to Easter services on Sunday.

I'm not religious, my wife isn't either. However, my daughter wanted to go, and I, not gonna deny her that chance just because I don't agree with these mainstream religions.

So I let her go. Just dropped her off at the church where my grandmother was waiting outside.

She had a blast. She wants to go every Sunday. And I will be taking her every Sunday.

Why in the WORLD can't religious people do that, vise versa? If gays want to get married and such, Why can't you just mind Yall damn business?

If you don't support gay marriage because of religion, then fine. But what makes YALL bigots is that you're trying to enforce YOUR personal opinion on the masses. That's the problem.

I'm not forcing my hatred of religion on my daughter. If she wants to explore that area of her life, then I got her back.

I'm tolerant. It just seems like religious nuts, and people on his board aren't.
We took daughters to church even though we're both non-believers. There's some good messages if you choose carefully, plus they interact in a community that's different from home and school.

I've never had a problem with people going to church or having faith. My problem starts when they want society to follow the rules of their faith.

PDR #944170 04/06/15 03:43 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It would be like claiming to be a carpenter because you're good at Whack-a-Mole.

Last edited by rockdogg; 04/06/15 03:44 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O

My cousins invited me to bible school when i was young. I barely remember going, but my mom said I really enjoyed it. Last winter my mother was talking about it and said the only reason I stopped going was because the preacher and an elder showed up at our house about a week after I started going and told my mom and dad that they were not babysitters and if they weren't going to join the congregation I was not welcome at bible school!

Mind you this was years ago and I just found out recently but that just blew my mind. The hypocrisy of that action astounds me.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/06/15 03:45 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
My daughter had the awful experience of being invited by a friend to go with her and her mom to the mall.

Instead they took her to their house and attempted to convert her.

We blew our tops on that one and nearly called the police.

PDR #944180 04/06/15 03:54 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest that I didn't post an essay on a message board that I claimed I would write.

Are you embarrassed that you hold others accountable for things you yourself won't even do? Or is it different since you experienced some difficulty in your life?
Quote:

I have far more to be embarrassed about in my life at the moment.
From what you have divulged, perhaps. Yet by the same token, if you are changing, good for you.
Quote:

Quote:
but no time to write your thesis? Odd. But, it's at work, on your work laptop. Got it. Can't access that file from home? Work laptop isn't connected to the internet? OR, you just don't have a thesis and want people to forget you even said that?

What exactly are you attempting to elicit from me here? What would you like me to say?
Say whatever you want. Just keep in mind, your belittling of others, constantly, while making excuses for yourself, gets old.
Quote:

Is this one of those occasions where you think you're being clever?
Nope. I'm not a clever person. However, when you demand out of others that which you won't even do yourself, or, rather, make excuses for yourself, I find it ironic. You don't?
Quote:
I noticed you're using lots of exclamation points and asking rhetorical questions posed as earnest ones. That's usually what happens when you get yourself all worked up. Is that why you've been harping on this for a week now?

Wow - nothing to say, so you attack exclamation points? Typical of you over the years. Yet you just "excused" yourself for spelling errors...saying "I misspell all the time", yet not realizing YOU were belittling someone else for spelling errors. Again, ironic. Don't you think?
Quote:

What exactly are you looking for me to say here? An apology?

Quote:

A middle schooler could do it effectively.

How does mocking someone's spelling, when you yourself do it, make you feel superior? You mocked. You insinuated someone had a lesser intelligence than you because of spelling or grammar - and then you excuse your mistakes. Ironic.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Kingcob

I thought this was a really well put post Razor. I think we can both be prone to getting pissed off and writing angry things at people. So it was refreshing to see you have some very valid and well thought out points we agree on grin

Thankyou. I appreciate that you can disagree with me intelligently. Also, your correct I can get annoyed too which is why I put PDR on ignore. He doesn't do anything but disrespect people who disagree with him so I feel no need to talk with him for a while. Just not worth my effort.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I know that Arch was in no way defending me and I apologize to him for his getting drawn into this.

Arch was simply standing up for truth and now is paying the price.

A real Shame. tsktsk

I'm not paying any price.

pdr's antics are well known. Wasn't but 3 or 4 years ago we had a "discussion", pdr and I, and I called just about every post of his before he even made them. I had a good time with it.

A
Legend
Legend
A

Good for you.

I would hope you wouldn't call me a religious "nut".

I won't force my religion on you, don't force your non religion (for lack of a better phrase) on me.

I have my beliefs - and some of them might surprise you. Some of them would be "typical".

PDR #944186 04/06/15 04:02 PM
Legend
Legend
My atheism is mainly rooted in my inability to believe in children's fairy tales.

It's not so much a desire to do what I want as it is the knowledge that virgins can't get pregnant.

It's cool if you don't believe in miracles or anything that can't be explained by science. Just know that if you ever need one, I'll be praying that you get one. thumbsup

yebat' Putin
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P

Are you embarrassed that you hold others accountable for things you yourself won't even do? Or is it different since you experienced some difficulty in your life?[/quote]

If you look at the quoted statement that precedes your question, you'll find the answer to it within the first three words.

Also, based on your repeated use of the word 'irony', it doesn't appear that you understand the meaning of the term. It's actually a common problem in this country.

For reference:

i·ro·ny
ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism
"that note of irony in her voice"
antonyms: sincerity
a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
plural noun: ironies
"the irony is that I thought he could help me"
synonyms: paradox, incongruity, incongruousness
"the irony of the situation"
a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
noun: dramatic irony

It appears here you're using the Alanis Morrissette definition of 'irony', which is incorrect.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
Wasn't but 3 or 4 years ago we had a "discussion", pdr and I, and I called just about every post of his before he even made them. I had a good time with it.

That exchange ended with you calling me an expletive during a temper tantrum and getting banned.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
My atheism is mainly rooted in my inability to believe in children's fairy tales.

It's not so much a desire to do what I want as it is the knowledge that virgins can't get pregnant.

It's cool if you don't believe in miracles or anything that can't be explained by science. Just know that if you ever need one, I'll be praying that you get one. thumbsup

Good man.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockdogg
My daughter had the awful experience of being invited by a friend to go with her and her mom to the mall.

Yea.... There would've been some problems for real with that.

- Theodore Roosevelt
PDR #944198 04/06/15 04:17 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A

Are you embarrassed that you hold others accountable for things you yourself won't even do? Or is it different since you experienced some difficulty in your life?

If you look at the quoted statement that precedes your question, you'll find the answer to it within the first three words.

Also, based on your repeated use of the word 'irony', it doesn't appear that you understand the meaning of the term. It's actually a common problem in this country.

For reference:

i·ro·ny
ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism
"that note of irony in her voice"
antonyms: sincerity
a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
plural noun: ironies
"the irony is that I thought he could help me"
synonyms: paradox, incongruity, incongruousness
"the irony of the situation"
a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
noun: dramatic irony

It appears here you're using the Alanis Morrissette definition of 'irony', which is incorrect.
[/quote]

Yet another pdr deflection. Deflect, excuse, and change topic. Yup, pdr to the max. Attack, attack attack.

"hey, my misspelling doesn't matter or show inferiority in my intelligence, as everyone does it", except when someone else does it.

Excuses, excuses. Attempt to belittle others for things you yourself also do. Typical.

So, you had some setbacks. Can't write your promised thesis. Had some other setbacks, can't write your thesis. The file is at work, and you can't access it.

Yet you can attack and belittle over and over and over.

Irony: When you think you can say whatever you want, yet not hold yourself to the same standards. Arch.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockdogg

Thats sad. My children invite their friends to church functions all the time, but I'm always very clear with the parents about where they will going and what will be going on.

yebat' Putin
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
You get it all out of your system?

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Have you asked your daughter what it is she likes about church? My church must have been doing something wrong as a kid, I hated the whole experience outside of crackers and grape juice.

PDR #944208 04/06/15 04:27 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:
Wasn't but 3 or 4 years ago we had a "discussion", pdr and I, and I called just about every post of his before he even made them. I had a good time with it.

That exchange ended with you calling me an expletive during a temper tantrum and getting banned.

Yet again, typical pdr. No defense for your words/promises........so attack.

And yet, I don't recall that exchange resulting in my being banned.

I have been banned, no doubt. But, not that time.

PDR #944210 04/06/15 04:35 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
You get it all out of your system?

So, you're not writing the thesis you promised, you excuse your grammar but not others, and you want to, in typical pdr fashion, change the topic. And yet you remember a supposed threat, you call others out for their opinions, for their grammar and/or spelling (totally excusing your mistakes).

I'm done for now - but man, you are so predictable.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I've already explained everything. I'm not quite sure what you think I'm deflecting or excusing.

In regards to the misspelling item...

I at no point mocked him for misspelling words. What I said was - feel free to pull up any quote on the matter - if you are explicitly or specifically touting your own intelligence, and claiming that others lack it, you should proofread.

You seem to be under the impression that every post or statement I make is me attempting to tout my own intelligence.

As for the other thing...where am I making excuses? I flat out said 'I'm an idiot who went on a cocaine bender, I need to get my life together, I'm not going to write it'.

That's an admission, not an excuse.

If you aren't satisfied by answer, I apologize, but you're not my employer, and I don't have a deadline.

As a matter of fact, my actual employer seems to be less concerned that I'm taking leave from my actual responsibilities due to my own stupidity than you are about me posting an essay I claimed I would on a message board.

Quote:
And yet, I don't recall that exchange resulting in my being banned.

I have been banned, no doubt. But, not that time.

My memory is better than yours.

Remember the time I brought up you threatening me with physical violence, and you denied it ever happened? YOU CALLED ME A BALD FACED LIAR IN ALL CAPS AND DEMANDED AN APOLOGY?

And then I provided the quote, you called me an expletive, and got banned.

My memory of the instance you just brought up was that you got all hot and bothered, started using exclamation points, erroneously stated that you were 'calling out' everything I was going to do. I took the bait, goaded you, and you threw a temper tantrum and got banned.

PDR #944214 04/06/15 04:46 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
No, I don't recall that.

I do recall getting banned, but not from that exchange. It was a different one. Perhaps you're pulling a W and "misremembering"?

Hey, your posting style never changes - you just hate it when you get called on it.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Whatever you say, chief.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Do you guys think you would argue this much if you were face to face?

Like really, is there no common ground and fondness we can find here?

I don't see a moral high ground of one of you being the bad guy / good guy, so there is no real justification for all the barbs being tossed around here.

Seems just like a long unending chain of disrespect and insults. Not my favorite thing to skim through when I am otherwise enjoying the thread.

Seems a shame. We know PDR is going through some hard times. We know Arch has daughter and son updates we all enjoy. I'm not sure why things devolve into insults when it's clear we're all fallible human beings with other things going on.

It seems kind of hollow to me, I find it hard to believe you two would be enemies if you lived next door to eachother.

Last edited by Kingcob; 04/06/15 05:04 PM.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: gage
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
I would say in general (not everyone) most atheists are that way because they don't want to have to answer to a higher power or be told the things they want may be wrong or bad.

I'd say you are 100% right on the 'don't want to have to answer to a higher power'; because atheists don't believe in one. As to the second, I see little evidence to support that atheists want subjective morality (to simplify your second point).

Morality is not exclusive to religion. If it was then how would the ancient chinese acquire their morals? Native Americans? Inuit?

Even if morality was exclusive to religion, it is not all encompassing. When Paul tells slaves to obey their masters in Collosians 3:22, why isn't he saying that slavery is wrong? Similar logic occurs in Exodus 21:20-21, absolving a slave owner of wrongdoing as long as they don't kill the slave.

That statement by Razorthorns is utterly ridiculous. Of course we don't answer to a higher power because we don't believe a higher power exist. BUT to say we have no sense of right and wrong (or good and bad) and that we don't want those things pointed out to us is pure rubbish. The Atheist I know are the most moral, intelligent, loving people you could ask to meet. They don't need some old book, a priest, a pope or the church to tell them that raping kids is bad. They don't need to be told war and killing are bad regardless of the reason. The worry much more about helping people, understanding people and doing good things than any church I've ever known.

Unlike a religious person, and atheist does not have to struggle with scripture to determine right from wrong. If it does harm to another it is probably wrong, period. I've never heard of an atheist stoning anyone, killing over religious differences, spreading hate or fear over religious differences or being intolerant of others.

Christians (or those that pretend to be Christians) like to lump Atheist into the Satan worshiping devils club... We don't believe in that either. So maybe if you took just a few minutes (or hours) to actually understand what an Atheist is and is not, you wouldn't be so quick to judge.

Like Christians, all Atheist are individual human beings with their very own set of variables as pertaining to upbringing, family values, what interests them, what doesn't. Truth be told, we are the silent majority. Their are many atheist in your life right now that are afraid of being bullied if they let their true beliefs be known. Those that are openly Atheist know exactly what that means and feels like. I've dealt with it my entire adult life.

That's why I stand up for what's right and good in most cases. So please take a few hours and educate yourself razorthorns, unless you are afraid of the truth.

I find it laughable that you think of me as uneducated. I also think its laughable the way you try to accuse me of saying atheists are the same as Satanist. Please provide even one line of quote ANYWHERE on this forum where I have said anything like that.

I have lived alongside educated atheist my entire life. They very seldom hide what they believe because they are usually full of arrogance and want to gloat how they think you're being an idiot while they of course are just being an intellectual.

I love when they say a Christian wrote it so its biased and has no meaning. There are a huge amount of Christian scholars and scientists but apparently I should never use anything they have worked with. What utter nonsense. Show me any legit report that contradicts what I have written with the same comparative effort to use. Feel free to prove me wrong that the morality of our country has had a sharp decline since prayer was removed. Good luck too because the numbers don't lie and you won't find any.

heck I don't even need to quote anyone. It's freaking common knowledge that america today is much more violent, perverted, and generally unsafe compared to just 30 years ago much less from the 60's. Don't believe me? Ask a parent to let their 6 year old walk a mile to school and back each day. The first thing they will say is that you're insane because some pervert will surely kidnap them or hurt them. A judge might even rule you as an incompetent parent.

Yet, it was fairly safe when I was growing up and never a problem. I mean the older boys might get into trouble but little kids were left alone. Today? Not a chance.

So what is our motivation to be moral? It's simple. Self interest is what guides us to be moral. We do it for our eternal reward or we do it to be accepted by our society. As society becomes more and more morally bankrupt the things we used to consider atrocities become the new normal. The things that fall first are the thing our animal behavior wants to do. Sex or pleasure, eating, and being lazy/resting.

Today we don't think it's unusual for spouses to cheat on each other. They say its no longer if your spouse will cheat but when and how many times. There are even services to help arrange for it. We say they have an open marriage or we call them swingers now.

Ever seen the avg waistline these days? Nuff said.

How many people you seen don't even work but just live on welfare and don't even care about looking for work. Tons and tons of them I have seen.

Most immoral people will claim to be atheist. That does not mean all atheists are immoral. Still, finding a poor atheist that is a moral person is tough to find. Where as, you can find plenty of poor christians who still lead moral lives. Clearly one is better for the nation than the other. Hands down.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Religious Freedom.

Link Copied to Clipboard