Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
I'd feel great about next year, but Kyrie is more fragile than paper

He really is. I just read in the Plain Dealer he's missed 75 games so far since he's been in the NBA.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Hat tip to the refs tonight. This inconsistent fouling attack is absolutely unreal.

Fixed it for ya....

#gmstrong.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Not hard to beat another team when yours is at full strength.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Swish #967623 06/14/15 10:47 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
and once again, our offense is offensive in the 4th quarter.

i'm all about our team being tough, but let's be real here: these guys are simply aren't hitting their shots. this is atrocious.

These guys have nothing left in their legs, and they're getting absolutely no help from the refs everytime they drive in. It's gotta be a little soul crushing to work so hard, get hit on a shot and get no call. Then they hustle down the floor and get whistled for a touch foul on the other end.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Not hard to beat another team when yours is at full strength.

And the refs are against you.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
How can LeBron have 40 points 14 rebounds and 11 assists and we still lost by 13?

#gmstrong.
E
Legend
Legend
E
We're not gonna win this with our bench. Much love for The Cavs getting this far.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
That's true. The Warriors are at full strength, and the Cavaliers are down 3 of their top players.

*Sigh*

Well .... nothing left to do but win it all anyway.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
I'd feel great about next year, but Kyrie is more fragile than paper

He really is. I just read in the Plain Dealer he's missed 75 games so far since he's been in the NBA.

I said at the beginning of the year that I worried about the Love trade because three of our starters had played less than 65 percent of their possible career games.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
That is a damn good question. He can't do anything more. At this point not having the supporting cast (injured) just makes too much of a difference. Says quite a lot that they made it this far without those players (irving, Love).

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
EveDawg #967630 06/14/15 10:51 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
We're not gonna win this with our bench. Much love for The Cavs getting this far.

Our bench is too busy starting right now.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
That's true. The Warriors are at full strength, and the Cavaliers are down 3 of their top players.

*Sigh*

Well .... nothing left to do but win it all anyway.

I love your optimism, YTown! But, I just don't see it happening, especially with the way these games are being called/not called. LeBron has been getting killed and the refs swallow their whistles. Curry gets brushed and it's a flagrant foul. We're up against too many obstacles to win this year.

#gmstrong.
WVDawg54 #967632 06/14/15 10:52 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Stop your homerism. Championship teams overcome bad calls.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
We don't leave our bench in long enough to get going either. Miller had a nice 3, Jones is supposed to be a sniper also.

Why aren't those guys staying in long enough to get going?

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
No, championship teams apparently GET the bad calls.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

Yeah, but that many?

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed
We don't leave our bench in long enough to get going either. Miller had a nice 3, Jones is supposed to be a sniper also.

Why aren't those guys staying in long enough to get going?

Because their defense is pretty bad.

MrTed #967637 06/14/15 10:56 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
That's about as much as they "get going" at this point in their career. They weren't brought in to play massive minutes.

MrTed #967638 06/14/15 10:56 PM
Legend
Legend
dunno.

look, we are a sever disadvantage, but we are missing WIDE open shots. that has zero to do with calls from the refs.

Smith got something going, but where is shump, JJ? Delly.....his offensive game is offensive. i love the guy, but lets be objective here.

We re missing kyrie and love because we need points.

Every time we play a western conference team, it's going to be a shootout. we can only play defensively for so long before they make adjustments and get their wide open looks.

hopefully next year we learn from our mistakes.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
If we're going to get bad calls, make it worth it. Start roughing up Curry.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W

I've played and watched basketball for 30 years. My dad coached the sport for 41 years. I can be objective when it comes to how the game is called, but we have been getting worked over in this series. I'll see if I can find the vine, but LeBron got absolutely violated on a play in the game and it just counted for a single field goal, no foul. Championship teams can overcome some bad calls, but they can't overcome call after call after call after call after call....

#gmstrong.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I also don't understand why Blatt didn't try to change anything up. Call different plays or something!

my two cents...
MrTed #967643 06/14/15 11:01 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
He changed up a ton!

We need to accept the fact we honestly have little to no shot as we're starting our bench.

Legend
Legend
He changed up a ton!

We need to accept the fact we honestly have little to no shot as we're starting our bench.

Exactly. There's not a whole lot we can do. We're giving it our all. Our lack of healthy bodies and Golden State are sapping our legs. The lack of calls from the refs plus touch-fouls on the other side is sapping our will. It's a lot to overcome and there isn't really a magic "playcall" that's going to save us right now.

ExclDawg #967645 06/14/15 11:06 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
He changed up a ton!

Exactly. There's not a whole lot we can do. We're giving it our all. Our lack of healthy bodies and Golden State are sapping our legs. The lack of calls from the refs plus touch-fouls on the other side is sapping our will. It's a lot to overcome and there isn't really a magic "playcall" that's going to save us right now.

No doubt. It's a shame because this team has really given everything they have.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I'm not doubting the effort, I'm as proud of our team as you guys. I'm just used to seeing people call timeout when the other team goes on a tear and I honestly don't recall Blatt doing that the entire second half.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm most likely the least knowledgeable poster here when it comes to basketball, so if it seems like I'm asking a stupid question that's most likely because it is! grin

my two cents...
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
There were some horrible calls, although they did finally call GS for a moving pick.

Sometimes there just isn't anywhere to point blame. This team is without it's second and third leading scorers, as well as a good defensive player and big body in Varejao. It sucks. It's the hand we got dealt.

Lebron did not finish well enough, and hasn't in the last few games. There's some blame there, but how can you fault a guy who is keeping his team in these games.

I think in sports we always need to point the finger at someone, but really, we're just physically and emotionally spent as a team.

Still though, If the Cavs can find a way to get this next game, all bets are off next Friday. You get 48 minutes (or more) to shock the world, and you have the best player in the league. Right now, I will gladly take that.

Not having the extra day really sucks though. Golden State has had at least 2 full days off before every home game, the Cavs have not. It was set up that way late in the conference finals. It's not to screw the Cavs, it's just that the league loves Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday games. Those are high rating nights.

The Cavs have to find a way to continue to play slow, yet run good offense. That is extremely difficult to do. They are putting such a high premium on GS transition offense that it is inflicting damage on their own possessions. People can whine about ISO ball, but when you don't have your 2nd and 3rd top scorers, you don't have many options.

Hang in there guys, I know it looks lost, but you're one win away from making this extremely interesting. To be honest, a game 7 at Golden State puts a ton of pressure on them and less on Lebron.

I think we lose Tuesday, but you never know.

Legend
Legend
People are ripping Blatt on social media. The only way he deserves to be fired is if next year he's playing the Big 3 stupid minutes.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
People are ripping Blatt on social media. The only way he deserves to be fired is if next year he's playing the Big 3 stupid minutes.

The only way he is gone is if Gilbert has a big fish, and I can assure you there isn't any big fish coming. The Calipari boat has sailed (and I don't really see him as that much of an upgrade).

I mean really, who do people want if they want Blatt gone?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Who is the "HIRE BERNIE KOSAR/BILL COWHER" equivalent of the Cavs fandom?

I admire what Blatt's done. He's worked a ton with a stacked deck.

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 06/14/15 11:51 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Kinda stupid to blame Blatt. Our team's injuries had nothing to do with him. He is trying to make filet mignon out of hamburger meat.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think we win a very close one Tuesday. The refs will be giving us all the calls we have not been getting and then some. Trust me, the NBA is not gonna lose out on the extra $$$ that a Friday game 7 hoopla would bring.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Legend
Legend
So am I too assume that after one good game, Steph Curry is now going to win the Finals MVP?

Even if we lose tuesday, I'd still give it to Lebron...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
MrTed #967673 06/15/15 08:08 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm most likely the least knowledgeable poster here when it comes to basketball,

You didnt really need to point that out

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
It was a good run, its hard to win a chip completely healthy, let alone whatever it is we are.. We just don't have the talent and bodies to put on the floor. I think we've seen we have players that aren't really good fits for this kind of ball. Delly and Thompson are just HUGE liabilities on offense, and Thompson is a huge liability on Defense..I don't care what anyone says, watch how bad his is on defense. No way I give him big money..And I'm going to give shump benefit of the doubt being hurt, but dude has been trash in finals. We needed everyone to contribute something every night and it just didn't happen. We wore down. It happens.

As good as Lebron has been at times, he's still a really inefficient player, wasted possesions at the worst possible time. Stanky Leg came out too much for my liking.. But with little to no help, he did what he could

Kerr pretty much wiped the floor with Blatt when it came to adjusting and getting the team in right position to play to their strengths. The biggest thing I hated that blatt did was adjust to them instead of making them adjust to us. Keep Mosgov in, slow the game down and run your offense through him, make them put their bigs in and take your chances. Thompson has no offense and might be the worst help defender I've seen ever play. Mosgov can play a little, he's not the greatest, but he protects the rim and has semblance of a post game...run with that...make them go to bogut when everyone else is in foul trouble trying to defend.. I hate that, you change your identity in the finals from what got you there to begin with.

The other issue I have with Blatt is his rotations, they didn't make any sense...you have JR go off in the first half, and the second half it was JJ and MM for the majority...thats just stupid. Mosgov has 28 points last game and he plays for 5 minutes through 3 quarters... I like Blatt but lets not pretend he had that much to do with us getting here. I hope because of his pedigree he sticks around and figures it out, but he was a hindrance in the finals.

All in all I think if we said we would be in the finals back in Oct, we'd take it. No doubt in my mind if we were 100% we would have swept. Warriors should be sending Olynyk fruit basket or something, maybe retire his jersey.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
kingodawg #967677 06/15/15 08:25 AM
Legend
Legend
I wish I had a dollar for every time the announcers said last night that the officials missed a call that should have gone the Cavs way, I'd have filet mignon for lunch today. I think the announcers have done a pretty good job of pointing out that the Cavs aren't getting any calls, LeBron takes more contact than anybody in the NBA when he goes to the basket and gets very few calls... and when Dramond Green does get called for a foul, he acts like somebody assaulted his kids. In his mind, that dude hasn't committed a single foul yet in this series.

With that said, what bit the Cavs last night is what has bitten them in several games in this series, they don't finish games well. They should have won games 1 and 2 in regulation but both went to OT and they won 1 of them...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Are we watching WWE or the NBA

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Why does lebron ever settle for a contested, fading jumper? It seems like he can just back anyone down and get a layup

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
kingodawg #967682 06/15/15 08:39 AM
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

I'm most likely the least knowledgeable poster here when it comes to basketball,

You didnt really need to point that out

Was it that obvious? rofl

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
let's hope we can push a game 7 on tuesday. i'd really hate for our season to end on our home court.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA Finals IV

Link Copied to Clipboard