Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
V
Legend
Legend
V
I know I only mentioned LeBron and that wasn't totally fair. I suppose I just expect more out of him.

I am not really criticizing the guy. I have never seen him play w/more energy and focus. Those plays just told me that the game was over.

DCDAWGFAN #967908 06/15/15 08:53 PM
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:
I don't know who is out there and who we can let go if we want to deal to upgrade the bench... but one would think that a team with LeBron that was 2 games away from a championship shouldn't have much problem luring the top tier bench talent to Cleveland...

Dwayne Wade may be in play. The Heat only offered him 34mm if I recall correctly. He's at the end of his career and would be nice coming off the bench. That may help him last a full season.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Has it been explained why we saw so little Moz last game?

After being a beast in game 4 I found that very confusing.

Kingcob #967914 06/15/15 09:33 PM
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Kingcob

Defense isn't as good + I think Blatt feels like he has to match the small lineup.

What I would like to see is a better effort to get him going early. Force your big lineup on them and see if you can slow down the game with fouls and see if anyone can pick up 2 cheapies early.

Moz is great when you're leading and want to pile on, but when you are constantly fighting to keep up, you're limited on spacing because Tristan has no outside game. These are problems the old Cavs had when we would have Andy out there. It's why Kevin Love would have been so valuable in this series.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You seem like a good guy and I wanna be nice, but man, I really have no idea what you are watching when you watch TT.

He is our best help defender. He is being utilized as the help on the pick and rolls because he is the only big that can defend. He isn't perfect, but man, he is the one guy who does understand team defense.

Yea, I really like TT... if that dude can spend this offseason developing any kind of a midrange jumper, he could become a real threat on both ends.

yebat' Putin
Kingcob #967922 06/16/15 12:55 AM
Legend
Legend

Defense.. nobody for him to guard.

But to be fair, he was a beast in a game in which we got blown out.. when he didn't play we were in the game until the final few minutes.. so his contribution might not have made the whole better.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #967930 06/16/15 03:14 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
You seem like a good guy and I wanna be nice, but man, I really have no idea what you are watching when you watch TT.

He is our best help defender. He is being utilized as the help on the pick and rolls because he is the only big that can defend. He isn't perfect, but man, he is the one guy who does understand team defense.

Yea, I really like TT... if that dude can spend this offseason developing any kind of a midrange jumper, he could become a real threat on both ends.

I think that Thompson is an elite level offensive rebounder, a solid defensive rebounder, an improving defender. He was not a very good defender throughout much of the regular season, but it appears that he is buying into the defensive systems the coaches have put in place. However, while he has developed a nice shot up very close, he really has no offensive game to speak of. He is still a poor free throw shooter, and teams will play "hack-a-Tristan" late to help prevent the ball from getting into the hands of someone who can make shots.

If Tristan could get to the 70% range shooting free throws, and could develop a consistent 10-12' shot, he could be a very valuable player. As he is right now, I don't know how you pay him the max though. (as I have heard bandied about) I hope that he and the team can arrive at a fair compromise on salary, but I don't know how to handle it if he wants to start. I would not start him over Love in any way, shape, or form. Love is also an exceptional rebounder, improved this year as a defender, and is a vastly superior offensive player.

If we can't keep him, then I hope that we can do a S&T with someone and get something for him. We also have the non-guaranteed contract of Haywood that will be a nice trade chip if there is a player Griffin wants to use it on.

Looking to next year ... which I hate doing while the Finals are still on, but nonetheless ....

Miller has a player's option for next season, and will be back. Jones, I seem to recall hearing, will not. Marion will not be back. Perkins will not be back. We do have a 1st round pick, but who knows if we'll use that or not.

So, Miller will be back.

Jones is 50/50.

Marion and Perkins are gone.

Thompson is probably 50/50 at this point.

JR Smith has a player's option.

That will give us a roster of players who are certain to be back: (in alphabetical order)

Delly
Harris
Irving
James
Love
Miller
Mozgov
Shumpert
Varejao

Should be a interesting off-season.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
DCDAWGFAN #967931 06/16/15 03:21 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Defense.. nobody for him to guard.

But to be fair, he was a beast in a game in which we got blown out.. when he didn't play we were in the game until the final few minutes.. so his contribution might not have made the whole better.

Also, the Warriors were doubling Mozgov in the post and he panicked each time.

Legend
Legend
Do or die night.

Legend
Legend
NHL:
Game 1: Road Team won
Game 2: Home Team won
Game 3: Road Team won
Game 4: Home Team won
Game 5: Road Team won
Game 6: Home Team won

NBA:
Game 1: Home Team won
Game 2: Road Team won
Game 3: Home Team won
Game 4: Road Team won
Game 5: Home Team won
Game 6:

If the trend continues we're screwed

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
yet another reason to hate the NHL.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L

I watch as a guy who's won state championships in Bball, has played college bball, and coached bball for over 15 years. If you look at his statistics, he's not even in the top 20 of any statistic defensively, only thing he rates high in is offensive rebounds, he's CONSTANTLY out of position or late to rotate. Hed be a fine role player, but he thinks he's a max player and I want no part of that. We can agree to disagree. Thats the great thing about opinions we can each have one and each think we're right..lol

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
The thing that gives me the most hope is that the refs have been calling these games like the NBA wants it to go 7 (maybe because the conf finals were so underwhelming). The Cavs gotta do their part and stay close, but I think they'll get a little help tonight. If they can make it, all bets are off game 7. Go Cavs!

Legend
Legend
Ok, today is the day. Elimination game. We haven't had one of these in a while. Anybody have a good feeling? I'm numb. I can't tell which way the wind in blowing. I'm on a high from the Hawks win last night, so my mind is shot.

If I had to bet, I'd probably throw a $1 on the Cavs because the league will "help" the team get to a Game 7. I know the NHL trend says otherwise, along with GS being the better team the past two games, but I'm trying to believe we can force one more game.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Not really a good feeling.. I think games 2 and 3 were anomalies and the Cavs just need too many things to go their way to win. If they do win, I don't give them much of a shot at all to win game 7.. though it would be fun to watch.

The depleted Cavs need JR to shoot well the whole game, not just the first quarter, they need Delly to keep Curry in check (he's not going to shut him down again), they need solid contribution from the bigs, they need LeBron to play as efficient as he can, and they might need some favorable calls that they haven't gotten in the past, and they need to make sure nobody else for GSW goes off.. that's a lot to hope for just to win 1 game, but if any of that doesn't happen, it's going to be very hard to win...

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #967990 06/16/15 10:39 AM
Legend
Legend
Not a solid feeling. Gut checks. Cloning LBJ might help. Running harder to get back on D would help. Cut back on stooped 3s. Lots of possessions lost on the presto shot.

Hurt them at the rim. Even if the only "good look" is charity toss, work for that shot. Figure out the backside help and stop the ball with your body.

Go, Cavs! Stick it in their eye!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
J/C ......

Cavaliers win tonight. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope the Cavs win tonight just to ruin Leadtheways champagne and confetti party.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't think we even keep it close tonight. Only way we do is if Lebron gets help and starts playing more efficient..Gaudy numbers are nice, but not at the expense of being efficient. I'd put our normal starting 5 in and just pound it inside. Hope you get the calls at home and win it tonight at the FT line. Our guards are going to have to fight better over the picks so we don't end up with our bigs rotated over to Thompson and Curry. Blatt needs to not coach like he's scared...play our game as we've been all year, make them adjust to you and let the chips fall where they may

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
kingodawg #968012 06/16/15 11:40 AM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
I hope the Cavs win tonight just to ruin Leadtheways champagne and confetti party.

you child are an idiot and know nothing about me. Big talk behind a keyboard is all I can say

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well we sure know your basketball background since you choose to tell us everytime anyone disagrees with you.

Dont worry, if GS wins we wont be upset by your glee

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
you child are an idiot

for reelz?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Ok, today is the day. Elimination game. We haven't had one of these in a while. Anybody have a good feeling? I'm numb. I can't tell which way the wind in blowing. I'm on a high from the Hawks win last night, so my mind is shot.

If I had to bet, I'd probably throw a $1 on the Cavs because the league will "help" the team get to a Game 7. I know the NHL trend says otherwise, along with GS being the better team the past two games, but I'm trying to believe we can force one more game.

My confidence = running on fumes.

Legend
Legend
let's hope we can win tonight. game 7 could get interesting, and maybe dishearten GS a bit? dunno.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Heart? Cavs pridefully squeak one out
Head? Warriors by 15 again

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Can't let Barnes dominate the glass.

Legend
Legend
A big thing I'm noticing too. The Warriors are not trying to grab the ball when they rebound. They're just tipping it out. They know we're not gonna try to run the fast break. So there's no real consequence to just tipping the ball out.

Legend
Legend
That's a next level observation. Thanks.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Warriors have shooters. Cavs don't.
Warriors have depth. Cavs don't.
Warriors score in transition. Cavs don't.
Warriors go on huge runs. Cavs don't

Cavs win by 10.

nanner

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I agree with Rupert.

Adroit observation candy.

MrKelso #968063 06/16/15 02:04 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrKelso

Cavs win by 10.

nanner

I wouldn't be shocked if we blow them out tonight. It would be beating them in Game 7 that would shock me. Man, I wouldn't have the heart to take that.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: MrKelso

Cavs win by 10.

nanner

I wouldn't be shocked if we blow them out tonight. It would be beating them in Game 7 that would shock me. Man, I wouldn't have the heart to take that.

It's hard beating anyone three straight times.
It's at home and the crowd will be energized.
LeBron is pissed off and his focus will be at all time high.

That's why I think the Cavs win tonight.

But I agree, a game 7 win would be absolutely stunning.

Not sure I see it superconfused

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Rooting for the Cavs because game sevens are fun.

cfrs15 #968101 06/16/15 03:21 PM
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Do you not normally? Serious question....

And, I agree, a game seven COULD be fun to watch. Unless the Cavs lose by 25 and the game is over before half time. Then, not so much.

#gmstrong.
WVDawg54 #968105 06/16/15 03:23 PM
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: WVDawg54
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Do you not normally? Serious question....

And, I agree, a game seven COULD be fun to watch. Unless the Cavs lose by 25 and the game is over before half time. Then, not so much.

Yup but we will take it! Anything can happen when it's down to the last 48.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
That's a next level observation. Thanks.

The Heat did this a TON during Lebrons day and small ball. If you're an undersized team it makes sense. You're surrounded by fast and athletic wings everywhere competing against bigger guys that are clearly exhausted at this point. Just get a finger on it and tap it somewhere. The odds of it landing in the hands of an open player are slim to none. There is a LOT better odds of your guy getting it.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm rooting for Golden State because it's a historical fact: whoever I root for - looses.

OK, but the Sports Gods know I'm not being sincere.

It's like saying "I believe in God" for the first time on your death bed.

Although it's my understanding that if you do that and are completely sincere, your ticket to the Kingdom is punched.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Hey everybody Game 6 of the 2015 NBA Finals is right here (there) in Cleveland. Tonight!

Legend
Legend
Shumpert and JR need to finally hit their damn open looks. Them and Della can't shoot frickin 25%

L
Legend
Legend
L
Bottom line is we need everyone to play like they were earlier in the series and the playoffs...Blatt got cute with his lineups and rotations and its cost us..everything is off. Interesting stat, with Mosgov on floor we are +6, when he's off, -41...Blatt needs to go back and force our will...who cares if they score a couple buckets, they can't stop mosgov around the rim either...Lebron has to actually pass the ball though. Mosgov is leading the series in FG percentage around the rim at 72%. Every statistic says to play Mosgov, small ball isn't our game.

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA Finals IV

Link Copied to Clipboard