Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
Cowboys need a running back... maybe we can trade for their back up QB ?

rofl rofl rofl

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
West is a lot better than many of you are giving him credit for. I still don't see a link from a reputable source.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
West is a lot better than many of you are giving him credit for. I still don't see a link from a reputable source.

What evidence do we have that tells us West is good? He's got happy feet and his attitude is one of someone who has been the best RB in the league for years.

I would get as much value for him as possible as soon as I could.

(I agree with you about the link.)

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I've yet to see anything either. I'm calling malarkey

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I doubt he is being traded.

He would not bring any value in return and we don't have enough healthy backs to man the position.

The only way I could see this is if we are bringing in Ray Rice, but I still think it's a huge longshot.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PresidentDawg2
I've yet to see anything either. I'm calling malarkey

West posted a picture of himself at Hopkins International Airport. That is the basis of these "reports." Also, La Canfora tweeted this:

Quote:
Lot of chatter about Montee Ball's availability but if I'm a GM in the market I'd call CLE on Terrance West. Bet he might be had cheap...

La Canfora is in the tank for West because he went to Towson and grew up in Baltimore.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
He would not bring any value in return and we don't have enough healthy backs to man the position.

If he's going to be cut, any value is better than that.

The only way I could see this is if we are bringing in Ray Rice, but I still think it's a huge longshot.

Our some other veteran back. Or a player cut by another team. I get the feeling the coaching staff isn't a big fan of West.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
idk... im interested to see why he's on a plane.

who needs a RB besides us?

It's common for players to take off after the 4th preseason game. It's a mini vacation because I believe they aren't due back to practice until Tuesday.

I hope whoever came up with that rumor isn't going off West's picture. It could just mean he's taking off for the weekend.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I could wrong, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

I am not a fan of West. Hated drafting him that high, but man, this trade would be dumb even for Farmer.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I am not a fan of West. Hated drafting him that high, but man, this trade would be dumb even for Farmer.

Unless West is a turd and everyone (on the Browns) knows it. If that's the case then they should trade him now before anyone else figures out that he is a turd.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
He very well could be. Maybe they see Richardson V 2.0 and want to rid themselves while they can get something. But I still have yet to see ANY other reports or rumor besides that one link

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As always, it would depend on what we are getting back. You are assuming that no NFL GM would give up much to get him. But who thought any team would give a 1st rounder for trich?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

It's common for players to take off after the 4th preseason game. It's a mini vacation because I believe they aren't due back to practice until Tuesday.

I hope whoever came up with that rumor isn't going off West's picture. It could just mean he's taking off for the weekend.

I haven't seen the picture. Was he on a plane or at the airport? Perhaps his Mom or someone was flying in to visit and he was ther to pick them up.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Jester

I haven't seen the picture. Was he on a plane or at the airport? Perhaps his Mom or someone was flying in to visit and he was ther to pick them up.

Inside the airport at the gate, it looked like.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Looking back now it seems like a steal but at the time I recall a lot of people being upset, myself included. We were getting a late 1st for a rookie RB drafted 3rd overall who was coming off a 1327 total yard and 12 TD campaign and replacing him with Willis McGahee. They knew what we didn't and the rest is history

V
Legend
Legend
V

As always, it would depend on what we are getting back. You are assuming that no NFL GM would give up much to get him. But who thought any team would give a 1st rounder for trich?

What? Most of you were screaming bloody murder about how freaking stupid Banner was for making that trade.

I am saying he won't be traded. We'll see....

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Inside the airport at the gate, it looked like.

Makes the most sense he'd be taking that mini-vacation. He's probably not the only one too. Once the season starts they'll be on lock down.

Though I did see Teddy Bruschi at a club on a Monday night in Vegas once, played the day before. Dude was bit of an a-hole. Though that could have been cuz I was hitting on the same girl he was.... naughtydevil

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I do remember some people being upset. I don't remember how many. I was sure surprised that we got a 1st rounder for him. Maybe I am not remembering exactly how much of an uproar there was.

But again, you never know what a team will offer. Suppose a team offered 2 1st round picks for West? I don't think that would ever happen but if it did he would be traded in a heartbeat. My point is, it comes down to the offer.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The uproar was HUGE!!! People clamoring for Banner to be fired. Saying we were tanking the season. Etc, etc

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I wish we could pull up that thread. You would've thought we were moving to Baltimore again. Only thing you heard was "this front office is a joke"

E
Legend
Legend
E
Actually the board was down when this happened. So there was only the delayed reaction here.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
The other boards weren't and believe me, there were tons and tons of posts on this board about how stupid Banner was to trade TRich and how he should be fired.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I wish we could pull up that thread. You would've thought we were moving to Baltimore again. Only thing you heard was "this front office is a joke"

I was just looking at that thread. I must say, I come off looking pretty good.

**Pats self on back**

Hopefully no one goes back and looks at the Colt McCoy threads. . .

C
Legend
Legend
C

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/811955/1

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL.............that was fun rereading that thread.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some quotes from the thread:

BpG - I didn't think it was possible to get a first round pick from a guy who was looking like a total bust. Was shocked and confused but happy.

YTown - I think that the front office made out like bandits on this trade. In an era where the RB position is largely devalued, and where you can find top end players in the 2nd round through UDFA market, getting a 1st rounder for a RB is astonishing.

Django - Thank you very much for the work to get this board back up

The other place is still the fickle dumpster board filled with homers and pitchfork people, what a waste of time.

The 1st 2 to support my assertion that a lot of people didn't think that we could get a 1st for trich.

The 3rd because I haven't seen a Django post in a while and felt we could all use a little DJ right about now. Plus, it supports what Vers said which is the opposite of what I posted. Guess the overall attitude toward the trade depends on which board you were on at the time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My problem with West ...is that seems to fit his running style...East and west not north and south... Somewhat reminds me of T-Rich. Seems to dance and not have that ability to follow blockers and see holes.

And if he's not following protocol .. Pet wont stand for it

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL.............that was fun rereading that thread.

Agreed!!!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Some quotes from the thread:

BpG - I didn't think it was possible to get a first round pick from a guy who was looking like a total bust. Was shocked and confused but happy.

YTown - I think that the front office made out like bandits on this trade. In an era where the RB position is largely devalued, and where you can find top end players in the 2nd round through UDFA market, getting a 1st rounder for a RB is astonishing.

Django - Thank you very much for the work to get this board back up

The other place is still the fickle dumpster board filled with homers and pitchfork people, what a waste of time.

The 1st 2 to support my assertion that a lot of people didn't think that we could get a 1st for trich.

The 3rd because I haven't seen a Django post in a while and felt we could all use a little DJ right about now. Plus, it supports what Vers said which is the opposite of what I posted. Guess the overall attitude toward the trade depends on which board you were on at the time.

You are really picking and choosing. Some of our posters posted on other boards and you surely passed over many negative posts.

Highlighting a few to prove your point isn't cool. I could do the same thing, but won't lower myself to resort to that type of posting.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
funny to go back and read old threads like that (I like to read old prediction threads ... some good comedy) ... and yes, where's django been?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I limited myself to the 1st page and to quotes that were short and sweet.

There weren't many negative posts on page one. I didn't go past there.

I did cherry pick to show that my initial statement wasn't as crazy as the responses I got made me feel, not to prove any point.

And I did include one that suggested the other boards was up in arms as you remembered. And I pointed that out.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
Was excited about the trade.....still excited about the trade

And still feel that way today, lol.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Guess the overall attitude toward the trade depends on which board you were on at the time.

The thing to note is that the thread was created more than a week after the trade. Reactions were more tempered as people had more time to digest it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Guess the overall attitude toward the trade depends on which board you were on at the time.

The thing to note is that the thread was created more than a week after the trade. Reactions were more tempered as people had more time to digest it.

Yup. I am sure we would have seen more temper flares if the board was up.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Mhmmm. I remember getting the news on the drive back after work and having general thoughts of fatalism when I felt guilty for checking my phone while driving.

"Does it matter? We just traded TRich... *Charlie Brown sad music plays*

C
Legend
Legend
C

Mhmmm. I remember getting the news on the drive back after work and having general thoughts of fatalism when I felt guilty for checking my phone while driving.

"Does it matter? We just traded TRich... *Charlie Brown sad music plays*

I got the news and was very confused at first. I then talked myself into very quickly.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A lot of posters noted initial surprise followed by: but after I had a chance to digest it ...

This is the only board I go to. So I never got to appreciate that other boards sentiments.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Just to piggyback off Jester, I do believe we have a tremendous (possibly the best) sports board on the internet. If you go to other NFL (and even Browns) fan boards, there is a lot of nonsense, stupidity, and immaturity.

Now I'm not saying we don't have some of that stuff sometimes tongue , but I really do think this is the most reputable place for Browns fans.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agreed. We do get a little pissy with each other now and then but I think that has more to do with how much alcohol or weed (or rather lack of weed) consumed before posters side down behind the keyboard smile

Most of our posters have a pretty good understanding of the game of football. And when we disagree, there are sound arguments for each side. The differences are in opinion and interpretation.

Legend
Legend
Agreed. We do get a little pissy with each other now and then but I think that has more to do with how much alcohol or weed (or rather lack of weed) consumed before posters side down behind the keyboard smile

Most of our posters have a pretty good understanding of the game of football. And when we disagree, there are sound arguments for each side. The differences are in opinion and interpretation.

Maybe some should have breathalyzers hooked to their keyboards.

#GMSTRONG
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Terrance West Traded?

Link Copied to Clipboard