Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by Swish
People need to chill on the criticism of our defense. We have up 14 points and less than 230 total yards. The Broncos had a whopping 2.9 yards per rush. And if the refs gave our D line any sort of attention, there either would’ve been a ton of holding calls on the Broncos, or teddy and drew lock would’ve been laying on the ground looking at the pearly gates.

Our offense might as well been a hospital unit at the cleveland clinic, and yet we still ran the ball down their throats. D’Ernest Johnson, what a guy. What an easy dude to root for. Our O line, still banged up, showed up and showed out.

Quoting this because I wanted to hit on a couple of things after reading a number of posts, and you brought both to the forefront:

1. People that are bagging on Woods so harshly - STOP, and think what this D would look like if Myles was actually allowed to do his job. If the opposing offenses actually, at the least, got called for Holding when it happens... how would those offenses look? If they actually stopped Holding so they don't get called, how many Sacks would Myles have per game?? My oldest brother loves to hear himself rant about how he isn't impressed with the Garrett-Clowney experiment (which is insane by itself), but refuses or is unable to look at WHY his simplistic measuring stick of Sacks isn't rolling up like a pinball score. Teams just do NOT run on us, they generally do not get outside on us, and we are hitting their QB constantly when the back end covers. If Myles could go a game where the Refs actually call an honest game, he'd have half a dozen every week.

You're not wrong. But let's be honest.. even IF the refs get better about throwing it they aren't going to throw a dozen flags a game for holding Myles. Knowing that is what he's up against, I do think Woods has the responsibility to figure it out. It sucks, maybe its not fair to him, but its the hand he's been dealt with. Part of the reason the T can focus so much on Myles to hold him is because he doesn't have to choose between Myles and anyone or anything else. I think sometimes the focus is too much on what can the rest of the D-Line do to set up Myles. Maybe we look a little at what can Myles (or what's happening to him) do for the rest of the D?