Originally Posted by Swish
If baker is our future then we can’t put him out there too early. Look, we’ve seen the best of baker. We aren’t going anywhere if baker isn’t even 70% heathy.

I rather keenum get the start against the Steelers, even those if it sounds really selfish that I rather him get knocked around that bake.

One thing I saw in this game is that Stefanski is a great playcaller, so it’s strange that some of the rollouts and line movement we saw with keenum we barely saw with bake. I’m looking at the game plan going “yo if Stefanski calls this game the same way with baker, it’s a blowout.”

Our D gave up next to nothing. Broncos have legit weapons and while bridgewater is average as a QB, his mobility helped save him from looking up at the stars all night.

Dunno what’s going on with OBJ but maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He’s a great talent, but a wrong fit. Nobody’s fault, just didn’t work out. It happens. I tried to shoot him bail with baker, but baker wasn’t out there and he’s still dropping catches. To be fair, he has been a great teammate, blocks his ass off, and did catch two passes on the drive that ended up in a TD.

This game was great because we won. It’s also terrible because we won. And it’s because it was clear that this offense doesn’t run through the QB, it runs through our O line and run game. That’s gonna be an issue come contract time with bake.

Swish its one of those injuries that cannot make things worse if Baker plays or not. He will have to get the same surgery and same rehab. Its just about the amount of pain Baker can take. But right now its about who can give us the better chance of winning. Baker banged up and in pain... or Chase with a weak ass arm that can't make a throw over 10 yards. I think if Chase plays we will be looking at a lot of INTs and there will be 8+ in the box cause even if they got 2 safeties deep, deep against Chase is 15 yards so that it plays right into the Steeler D.

I agree Ski is limited in his schemes as he is a WCO old school that if there is no threat of us running there is no play action with mega time for the QB and space for our WRs to create open passes.

OBJ...true he simply is not a WCO WR...that is why I can't understand why Ski hasn't developed some NO HUDDLE Offense where we can spread out our WRs and get them in man coverage as mentioned we did so in Baker's rookie year with hardly any talent and had success. I'm not talking about SKI changing the O entirely but why can't we come out in that No huddle look as a change em up and fast score for like 10 minutes of the 35 minutes we have the ball! I think it would make our basic O much more effedctive. utilize OBJ, Njoku, Felton, Higgins and Baker in an O they would feel much more comfortable in. We saw btw Baker in that same O as Case and that is where he ended up the most accurate (completion % wise ) in the NFL then he hurt his shoulder and I told all why he, Baker was different that it was the injury and I happened to be correct on that one.

How the O is predicated is Ski's doing this is his O Baker is trying his best to be the QB that Ski wants and quite frankly I thought he was doing a good job of that prior of his injury and the two games, Chiefs and Chargers should have been won if Ski could have gotten out of that run run pass mode. thanks for your contributions Swish wink