Good post Willie.

1. OBJ is not a star or a number one in this league anymore, both because of availability and diminishing skills, not some magical missed connection with Baker. That’s my opinion, based on that he doesn’t get open, at least quick, and he drops passes in bad situations. Baker is making reads and if he has moved on in progression, or the defense shifts in reaction to play movement and that puts OBJ out of the play it does not count (a lot of deceptive videos and reports out there). I guess when he moves on next year we will find out who is right.

2. The WR stars in this league allow absolute chuck up balls that turn into TDs. See Tyreke, Mike Williams, CeeDee Lamb, D-Hop, Mike Evans, Chase, etc. OBJ is not that guy, we have a poor mans version of that, his name is DPJ, and he rides the bench. DPJ needs to start.

3. Landry is a nice number 2, possession receiver. Not the best, but solid with great intangibles, but he is starting to show his age.

4. Higgins in a solid number 3, some explosive ability, unfortunately he also rides the bench.

5. Schwartz is a track star, not a WR. He is a backup in the NFL. Bad pick.

6. Our only true receiving star and mismatch is the Njoku. Please use him.

5. Additionally, the deficiencies in the WR core have been magnified by Baker playing like crap after injury, causing him to miss enough passes to redirect the spotlight on him as the cause of the problem.

6. Stefanski runs a QB neutering offense. Can you reach a Super Bowl like that? No one else is even trying. No downfield passing, again maybe this has been exacerbated by the injuries to both Baker and the O-line. But even in the Chiefs game, it was evident when we have to pass, the scheme is poor. Maybe Rogers could succeed in it, but not Baker.

7. Per number 6. Is it that much of a risk to 3 times per game launch a ball to DPJ? As Willie says, it has nothing to do with QB skills, just chuck it and tell the WR to make a play. Trust me there are plenty of times when the DBs will lose focus against our running game.

8. The Stefanski model is a bust if you don’t have at least a top 15 defense. It is deflating to methodically drive 80 yards, only to give up a wide open bomb.

9. My suggestion at seasons end, cut OBJ, keep Jarvis only at a discount and use your first or second rounder on a legit WR. 6’4” minimum, that actually was a star in college. WRs are a lot easier to hit on and produce immediately. Trade one of the TEs for another vet WR without significant injury history

10. The other side of the equation. Baker. He is a rhythm, fast paced, gunslinger, period (see his first year and college), and he can do it in the NFL too with the right offense (see Cards). They have tried to squeeze the round peg into a square hole, making him an uptight play action passing, game manager. It could work, see end of last year, but the offense is going to have to loosen up and take some chances. Personally, I think AVP needs to take over.