20, 21 lbs depending on the day. A cat might be able to beat the snot out of him. But, that cat would have to get past Sammy the cat. My cat. Sammy's a tough dude. And it goes way back to how he even ended up here. Sammy and Dummy get along fine.

This vid would best describe Sammy:

From how he got here, to being caught under the garage door, to having a "cat" kick his ass, to him kicking a cats ass. A stoat on his back, gnawing on his spinal cord? Yup, he dealt with that. Killed the little sucker. (look up Stoats attacking on youtube) Hole in his ankle - his Achilles heal. Dud's tougher than snot. Follows me around like a puppy. And he's smart.

And he and Dummy get along. So, yes, a feral cat might take Dummy. I big feral cat - like a bobcat. But that animal would have to deal with Sammy as well.

Regardless, Dummy knows the comings and goings of our house. He would do all I ask of him, should some intruder come in: wake me up.

I also know he'd use all his 20-21 lbs of small dog to attack. All I ask is I get woken up, obviously, if it's at night.

Sammy and Dummy get along just fine, by the way.

But yes, Dummy is a small dog. That's what wife wanted. That's what wife got.