You guys are funny...after 20 Years two decades of suffering - we finally get a franchise QB and we struggle as a team playing 4-4 with a lot of adversity and you wish to throw him to the curb.. Put those other QBs in the same environment and the production of those QBs would be different. Baker is a spread em no huddle type of QB very accurate and positive results, he has been put in a very conservative disciplined West Coast Offense predicated on one positive tool "THE PLAY ACTION PASS" But we have no space for an air attack if we get behind and way too often our scheme is to play very conservative with the lead which would work if we had a top 3 defense. We got some pieces but no where close to the gel of a top 3 defense. Also the media sold us fans a load of crap telling us how loaded we were in weapons. The only loaded advantage we had was in our running attack and our OL. Our top WR OBJ has yet to practice with the team. There is no team sport like football where you need the pieces to fit and work together OBJ simply has not applied himself to make that happen. Baker meanwhile has tried to work with him but there has always been an excuse mostly valid but still never the less there is no gel within the system nor with Baker. I've tried to say no when its been shown how well our offense works without OBJ but when I look back it simply is a true fact. Is Higgins and DPJones better than OBJ in talent...no way but well let me say this about talent.
JOSH GORDON" maybe the most talented WR there is but this is not a flag team where a great talent can simply walk on and do great things. OBJ is the most targeted Receiver this year for the Browns...I think 34 times??? That special something that one WR has with his QB just is not there. Baker has that with Landry and Higgins and this year DPJones they work well together and have production together.

I'm not happy with our coaching if I am unhappy about something. Why haven't we worked on our HOT reads there should be automatic routes ran on everfy blitz but I don't see that success out there??? WHY??? as a coach by now I would have these hot reads down and running smooth like a velvet glove. Not knowing stats but from views of what I see we are one of the most blitzed on team that I can see out there. That is why our screen passes are a thing of beauty cause in a sense its a route that is executed against a team over committing against our team. So that a screen pass is our best hot read schematic that we got even though its not designed specifically for that. Hopefully you all understand what I'm saying don't give me any crap about making excuses...I'm talking Browns football and my observations of what we have going out there. It is something that we have to work on - whether its a bomb or a slant I don't care it needs to be practiced over and over again so that when teams come at us with blitzes we make them pay.

We have one of the most accurate passers out there and we are not taking advantage of it. When I say accurate I'm not talking completion % but I'm talking about the placement of the ball so that the WRs get the ball in stride and without a break in action. We have that going. So when Stefanski tells OBJ to not bother coming to practice its comes at no surprise cause quite frankly when was the time he practiced anyways...its always DNP, DNP, DNP and then maypbe a L/P on friday. He is not Joe Thomas who did not miss a snap in 2 decades and who made the Pro bowl every year. He is not Joe Thomas who wrote the book on how to play LT so that in his last years would miss most of the practices. He is a WR who has yet to practice with the team.

Shame we did not trade him but we were trying to get this done so he would finally make an effort and become part of the team. Meanwhile note how this is being done AFTER THE TRADE DEADLINE so that he can get released and work a new contract out well I don't think Berry will play that game. either he plays hard for us or he doesn't play at all for us. After the year is done we will try to work something out. But I think without OBJ we can survive this year and win our division. Get into the playoffs and move on from OBJ, I so wanted it to work but we treated him as some Royalty and yet he did not contribute to the TEAM. This game Sunday is very big and we have to get our defense to control this game. Our team is starting to get healthy and we will be coming up to our bye week where we can heal the rest of the way and finish the season with a bang!

jmho