Originally Posted by Swish
I’ve seen how many times he’s open. Obviously people are gonna point to some of the drops he had, but it’s clear OBJ is open more often than not.

That being said, if baker isn’t looking his way, is that because baker doesn’t think he can get the ball that far to OBJ? Or is it Stefanski telling baker not to even try to make those throws?
I will offer my usual disclaimer that I'm far from a Xs and Os guru.... but from watching, it really appears that Bakers first reads are always short throws... so he's looking at them first, if they are open, he throws it. The only time he really even looks downfield is when everything underneath is covered up or when he is forced from the pocket early.. then you never know what he's looking at.

I've seen quite a few incidences where OBJ beats his man right off the LOS and Baker is scanning the other side of the field.... I don't know what his progressions are supposed to be, I can only assume he's going through them like he's supposed to... but our lack of even attempting deep throws is disturbing and I don't know how much of it is Baker and how much of it is Stefanski.. but it's not just OBJ, we just aren't attempting deep throws really to anybody. I have a hard time believing Baker doesn't trust OBJ or has some personal vendetta against him, even with all of the hoopla about it, he still leads the team in targets.

This also begs the question, if we aren't going to throw it deep, why did we draft a questionable WRs, whose only claim to fame is that he's lightening fast... if we aren't going to use him deep, why did we draft him? We did try to use him early in the season and Baker got crap for targeting him too much.. now he rarely gets targeted at all.

And when I say deep throws, I'm not even talking about 15 to 20 yard deep crosses.. I'm talking about the go route, down the sidelines, over the shoulder throws..