Man there are so many layers to this. But trying to keep it simple:

When we traded for him everyone hoped we'd get the stud OBJ that had at least a couple of elite seasons in NY.

For whatever reason he never performed up to his status in a Browns game with the exception of two games. He was negatively impacted by Kitchens in exactly the same way Baker was. He's been injured. So there are mitigating factors.

However - I've seen him line up in the wrong place too many times, seen him drop way too many catchable balls. To consider him a true elite player at this point. Couple that with the injury history and his high salary and he was never, ever going to be traded unless it was minimal AND the Browns paid some of that salary.... of course if this has all come out a week earlier, sure he'd most probably have been traded somehow.

He's been a pretty good team mate - there has been much, much less drama than advertised when he was unhappy in NY. The watch thing, the shoe thing, nothing major. Until now.

The way he has conducted himself - lost any respect i might of had for him. I agree with many that think there is NO WAY that OBJ was not in on and aware of what his dad did. I also think it's telling he's made no comments to try to reconcile, defuse or distance himself from his Dad's opinion. . . . You can most definitely, make a statement and distance yourself from what his dad posted without chastising him and state that you don't share those sentiments.

So, barring an absolute miracle, he's never playing for the Browns again. How you handle it - I actually like that (given the poop sandwich they have) Berry and KS seem to be handling as professionally and the best they could to try to minimize the impact on the team and the chance of a W on Sunday.

I'm one that said early on that when folks claim OBJ is "always open" - we don't know if he is running the right routes, freelancing, getting open after the play is busted ... so while Baker has definitely missed him sometimes through bad QB play ... I don't buy that he is open 'a lot'. I've heard plenty of stats about how much he's been thrown to and don't by that pile of BS either (about Baker deliberately not throwing to him)..... I also heard one of the talking heads on ESPN talking about how the "separation stats" also do NOT support OBJ being open 'all the time'.

I expect OBJ to do well (much better than his time here) if he goes to somewhere like the Rams or New Orleans ... I think those offenses are nothing like the Browns and would play to OBJ strengths. I think if he ended up with the Ravens it would be bad for us too - Lamar can buy a ton of time, and those broken plays where its a free for all is when OBJ finds the spaces and is probably at his best.

I thought it was telling that Landry came out in support of Baker. I hope that continues. Hope DPJ is healthy and can make us all forget about OBJ and consistently be the playmaker we've seen glimpses of. And that's it right there the season is all about so many good players needing to get healthy. But for right here and now - bye bye Odell.