"It can also be as simple as individual refs on the take or even betting on games themselves."

And this is the question. The NFL, even has an "official" sports book. I personally think it is done to keep certain "prize franchises" relevant. Think of it, how many times has Ben been slightly grazed and a flag is thrown, while in the same game the opposing QB will be pummeled by Watt and others after releasing a pass? I see almost all Steeler games, living where I do, and believe me, it happens all the time. Those who want to poo poo this away as some fake conspiracy, probably have not witnessed it as much as many of us do.

So Fields slides late, bad move, but the defender hits him in the back of the head with a full shoulder. The lineman gets called for an illegal roll block, which according to the rules, was not illegal, and changes the point differential by 4 points. The taunting allowed Pittsburgh to get into field goal range. The late hit on Fields would have gave them a first down close to the goal. Instead, they get a FG. These calls directly influenced the scoring in this game.

This is also, one of the few times in my life, where on Facebook and Youtube, even Steeler fans are agreeing that the Bears were robbed.