My observation has been that Fascism is like most "isms". People debate it's real meaning, but willingly accept that it is either an all good or all bad. That is strange phenomenon, We have a fuzzy understanding about what something is, but we are 100% certain that these"isms" are bad or good. This behavior naturally forces us to work backwards, observing things we don't like and rationalizing them being part of a bad "ism" or observing things we do like and rationalizing putting them in a good "ism" basket.

In the case of Fascism, most people tend to use it as a basket that represents all of the laws and restrictions that they don't like; rules that they feel overly restrict their autonomy.

The origin of the word doesn't help define the meaning of Fascism much either. "Fasci" means groups or bundles. Every political movement is composed of a group.

This Prof is doing something a little different. Instead of focusing on a specific policy, he is saying, 'I don't like this group or party' and he rationalizes putting them in the fascism basket by observing 10 behaviors and 1 other distinction that he thinks make their movement uniquely identifiable in a modern time. The 1 distinction tells you a lot about his objective in putting this together. He says that fascism can only apply to political groups on the "right". He doesn't tell you why that distinction is important, but he does take the time to tell you about how important and smart he is, letting you know that you should believe everything he says without question. I have said on here before that I don't believe in this idea of the right and the left. You can't take all of peoples beliefs and positions and then perform some sort of measurement that determines where they lie along a line. So he is really saying 'here are all these things I don't like', but he only wants you to apply a negative judgement to a group of people that he does not like.