Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
I never put away this drum...we do not have the "weapons" that pundits, opponents and even Browns fans like(d) to tout...we just don't and didn't.

Our best WR right now is a 2nd year, 6th Rd guy from Michigan. Our All-pro TE looks like he's running on a sand volleyball court. Our TE weapon would have a broken nose today if the facemask didn't deflect the thrown ball.

Here's a summary of this thread to date to consider:

I've read that our OLine was man-handled (I too saw that);

I've read that our receivers don't get separation (shocker) (Hard to say from TV...but not one WR has a special skillset that translates to the field);

I've read that the playcalling on O was awful and the guy doing it should give up that job (I think that too);

I've read that R Wilson would not likely come to CLE to play for the current HC (But Baker should overcome the HC?);

And I've read that Baker is below-average...or my favy that 'things must be perfect for Baker to succeed' (see Hue Jackson) It's ridiculous. Baker has his issues...overcoming the above list is not one of them...not to mention the torn labrum and a strap keeping his lead arm down.

We are a bad football team right now with a ton of talent...Callahan and Stump Mitchell are getting a lot out of starters, injured guys and backups. The rest of the coahes simply aren't.

this is proof that it was never about OBJ. some of you guys will find any excuse in the world to not blame the guy who has the ball in his hands every snap.

why is baker the team captain if he holds no responsibility for anything?
Baker does have responsibility, but to counter your argument, there are folks on here that it doesn't matter if we lose 16-10 or 45-42 or 45-7.. or how Baker played, they go right after Baker because we lost, so it must be his fault. I don't know how much of a problem OBJ was but he wasn't proving to be a part of the solution either.