I got the Moderna booster shot Tuesday.

I asked if the dose was the same as the second and they said no. It is about half. The first Moderna shot was no problem.

The second shot put me down for a day. Felt bad all over.

The booster? The shot itself hurt. But no side effects except where the shot was. Arm hurt for 3 days.

My one grandson is nine. He was born with a heart murmur. It has been monitored since birth. Not a issue. Quite common. Will not require surgery and is improving. The cardiologist because of liablilty would not recommend a vaccine. What they did say was covid is more of a threat and long haul problems from covid are more dangerous than the vaccine would be.

So, he got the shot the same day I got the booster. No problem at all. Slight sore arm.

It was relief. Now everyone in my family is vaccinated. My other grandson is 15 and he got the vaccine as soon as it was available.

I feel relieved that they have antibodies.

My son was vaccinated and did get covid. He was sick with flu like symptoms for about a week. Then recovered.

I know it is not over. But I am glad the vaccine is available. I will continue to follow the facts and do what I feel is appropriate.