Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by Dave
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by jfanent
I remember a point twd the end of the game where it was second down and Arrington said "Cleveland has a back that can close out a game". Right after he said that, the camera goes to Chubb leaving the field.

I think they were easing Chubb back in. If Johnson didn't do his usual excellent job with the ball in his hands, I might have stronger feelings about what we did. Chubb spent a LOT of time off the field until the very end.

There were two points in yesterday's game when I was doubting Stefanski, and by "doubting" I mean curse words. One was the bomb to Bradley on a 3rd & 1, and the other was the 5-6 snaps when Felton replaced Chubb, and not Johnson. I think Johnson has clearly earned the right to any snaps when Chbb isn't on the field, at least as long as Hunt is out. Felton is a 3rd down situational RB, but never a featured RB.

The third and one bomb was obviously a shot at a big play and then we were going to go for it on fourth down. We got a penalty and it killed us. Running Felton instead of Chubb and Johnson is an attempt to get the defense in passing down personnel and then hit them with the run. It didn't work because Felton weighs 120 pounds.

In the first case (3rd & 1 bomb), you were moving the chains, consistently owning the LOS - there was no need for the low percentage attempt. Get the 1st down and try it on 1st or 2nd down, if you want. Maybe I'm too conservative, but I say if something's working, keep doing it until they stop it.

With Felton, Stefanski's attempt to fool the Lions effectively (and needlessly) turned a strength into a weakness, IMO.