I think there were some new dings in the fenders from the New England game, but moreso, I think people are really underestimating the impact of the weather.

Very cold and wet all day. Both QBs were sailing balls high early; balls likely coming out early. Toward the end of the game, we say Boyle, and even Baker a couple of times, throw a few in the dirt. My immediate take was over-compensation for the slick grip and aiming a bit lower in case they sail. In the dirt is better than going high and ending in an INT. That's just the cold and wet.... but, there was wind, too. We saw how much on the missed FG. If you think he just hit a curve ball, you're wrong. His first kick for the XP damn near missed because of the same winds. I have no idea what it felt like down at the stadium, but even 35 miles south of there the winds weren't idle. People in the gameday thread tried telling that this weather shouldn't affect him because of where he was drafted, but that's utterly foolish so I just ignored that thread after that; there was nothing of value in there.

Now, combine all of that with the injuries and STILL getting the snot beat out of him more because Hance should NOT be the RT, and we saw about what I'd expect.