I guess in the end you are either on board with Baker or are not.

All that surrounds him. This is who he is. Baker has not changed as a person. He is the same guy who was a walk on.

He has had to battle adversity and doubt his whole career. It is what made him who he is. He has a fire inside that he goes to when people trash him.

As a player on the field in college he was shooter. 300 and 400 yard games were common.

Since being drafted to the Browns. He has been coached and asked to play in the scheme provided. Count the ways.

Is the scheme we currently run a fit? I don't know. The Browns personnel and the scheme leans on the run game. Why not when you have the OL and backs we have.

It is the strength of the talent on the roster. Currently our receiver group is below average. IMO that is pure fact.

Baker runs the plays called. AVP and Stefanski put heavy emphasis on ball protection and turnovers. That is understandable.
When you go back and look at the balance between run and pass. It is almost always 50/50.

Odell was supposed to be our number receiver. That never worked out. We don't have a number one receiver.
Jarvis is a slot guy. He is not a deep vertical threat. Schwartz is far from a being a complete receiver. Higgins is limited. He is a guy who can settle into zones but struggles to get separation in man coverage. DPJ is a young guy who is getting better. However, he is not number one receiver.

So, Stefanski and AVP try to be efficient with who they have on the roster. We use 3 TE sets. But none of the TE are in the same class as Kelce or Kittle.

We are not a passing offense like the Bucs, KC, Chargers, Packers, or the Cardinals.

My guess is this off season the offense will try to become more dynamic in the passing game. Jarvis, and Higgins, will most likely be gone. We may add free agents and draft picks to upgrade.

I do not see a realistic plan B at quarterback. IMO Berry will roll with Baker. In fact I believe he will get a new contract if he will accept their price. If not he will be on a year to year till a decision is made.