Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
I think that Baker is really, really hurt, and other teams are doing their best to make sure he doesn't get better against him. I cannot imagine playing QB when you can barely walk because of injuries to a knee and foot .... along with a serious injury to a shoulder ... even a non-throwing shoulder.

So is it then your assertion that both Baker and the team doctors are all lying to us that he's able to play? Because they all say he's ready. I'm not trying to say he isn't suffering from injuries. I'm saying they wouldn't be giving him the green light to play if he wasn't able to. That's why I don't buy into the, "He's damned near ready for a wheelchair" argument.
Being medically cleared to play and being able to play at, or close to, 100% are two completely different things. Everybody has a role to play in this:

Players's job is to rehab and do whatever he can to be able to play and most athletes will say they want to go unless they are just physically unable to move.
Medical staff's job is to determine if the injury could be made significantly worse by playing and poses any longer term chance for damage.
Coach's job is to determine that if Baker says he wants to play and medical staff says he's allowed to play, SHOULD HE PLAY or is his playing detrimental to the team and would the back-up give us a better chance to win.

Since the beginning of the season, you have gone out of your way to deflect blame away from Stefanski and the coaching staff.. you have stated the blown coverages weren't their fault, just the fault of young players, the penalties aren't their fault, they are the fault of undisciplined players, some of the stupid play calls aren't their fault, every play will work if executed properly... and now you are acting as if they are powerless to sit Baker if Baker and the medical staff say he is ok to play, when, in fact, they have the final decision on whether Baker goes on the field or not regardless of what anybody else says.